PDA

View Full Version : I Survived..Beyond and Back

Coming2
28-06-2011, 03:55 AM
So for those of you who have the BIO channel have probably seen the new show out called "I Survived..Beyond and Back"....I think it is in its second season now and I have found it fascinating. It takes you through normal, everday people's lives who have died and then come back. They discuss what happened when they died. To be honest it has caused me to have some really mixed feelings about what happens to us after we die. For years I have not been a believer in hellish things but rather our perceptions of fear and hell in religion but after watching this show I am starting to wonder how misguided I might be. Has anyone else seen some of these episodes and what is your take?? Like I said it has really turned my thinking in a different direction. I have been firm in Micheal Newtons Life Between Lives Regressions( for those who know his work) and felt Hell to be a creation of fear/anger and/or some type of mental death where the spirit has yet to let go of its Earthly life....ANYWAY!! Whats your take??

bubblyglot
28-06-2011, 03:57 AM
:icon_eek: I LOVE that show :D :D :D xoxo

Topology
28-06-2011, 11:17 AM
I think the tibetan book of the dead indicates that the limbo you find yourself in after death is a product of your subconscious.

If there truly is an afterlife, then I'll be conscious there like I'm conscious here. You're not really dead if you're conscious. Let death take care of itself and just worry about daily living. If you're that concern, then start scrubbing that sub conscious clean! ;)

Medium_Laura
28-06-2011, 01:31 PM
So for those of you who have the BIO channel have probably seen the new show out called "I Survived..Beyond and Back"....I think it is in its second season now and I have found it fascinating. It takes you through normal, everday people's lives who have died and then come back. They discuss what happened when they died. To be honest it has caused me to have some really mixed feelings about what happens to us after we die. For years I have not been a believer in hellish things but rather our perceptions of fear and hell in religion but after watching this show I am starting to wonder how misguided I might be. Has anyone else seen some of these episodes and what is your take?? Like I said it has really turned my thinking in a different direction. I have been firm in Micheal Newtons Life Between Lives Regressions( for those who know his work) and felt Hell to be a creation of fear/anger and/or some type of mental death where the spirit has yet to let go of its Earthly life....ANYWAY!! Whats your take??

There's another too, celebrity close calls on Bio channel. That one is good too.

Yes and I also follow Michael Newton's work. I died before, didn't have a lot of the same experiences but I know I died. I think it is very individual on what we see, because the mind creates what we are comfortable with.

Scibat
28-06-2011, 02:11 PM
I've watched nearly every episode of those, and must say they have fascinated me. I hope they continue the show, but I haven't seen any announcements for a new season.

Coming2
28-06-2011, 07:38 PM
I have had the fortune of having a LBL regression and I could write pages on what happened to me but everything I hear on that show contradicts so much of what I experienced and what I have read in Newton's work. For those of you who do not know his work it is a very enlightening process to read it. You wont ever shake it and/ or be able to put it down. Anyway, during my LBL I was, indeed, taken to a life review and shown my past lives. I was introduced back into my soul group and the feelings of love, peace and home can not even begin to be measured in words. I have never, in my human life, ever felt the overwhelming senses that I did that night.

All of this brings me to the episodes and all I have read about death and an evil place. In his books he doesnt talk about this place even though too many people have experienced it. Laura I would love to expound more on the mental death I mentioned and you hit on....conscious and sub-conscious death. Any takers??

Silver
28-06-2011, 08:25 PM
I would love to expound more on the mental death I mentioned and you hit on....conscious and sub-conscious death. Any takers??

Yes, Coming2, I'd like to hear more.

Love
29-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Have you ever seen the movie / read the book k-pax? If not, firstly i recommend it, secondly there is a woman in the story in the psychiatric ward who never comes out of her room. She stays there all hours of the day and night getting dressed up and preparing for her prince charming to come into her room and have a romantic dinner with her, thus beginning their lives together. This is her reality. She does not see the world as it is and accepts a lie as her reality. She doesn't know of the true world anymore - shes lost herself in her mind.

There are people like this all around you every moment. Not to this characters degree but to a degree enough to keep them asleep to true reality. People living in this state, one of such strong delusion, when they return to the spirit world they will not see it just as they have not seen this earthly world. they will continue living out their delusions in the spirit world until they awaken from their dream.

Which is why it is so vital that you are awake and living now. seeing and experiencing your reality exactly as it is. To want something more than what is - to deny what is - is to create delusion and lies within you which can trap you in the mind.

That is my belief as I've come to understand it.

Miss Hepburn
29-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Have you ever seen the movie / read the book k-pax? If not, firstly i recommend it, secondly there is a woman in the story in the psychiatric ward who never comes out of her room. She stays there all hours of the day and night getting dressed up and preparing for her prince charming to come into her room and have a romantic dinner with her, thus beginning their lives together. This is her reality. She does not see the world as it is and accepts a lie as her reality. She doesn't know of the true world anymore - shes lost herself in her mind.

There are people like this all around you every moment. Not to this characters degree but to a degree enough to keep them asleep to true reality. People living in this state, one of such strong delusion, when they return to the spirit world they will not see it just as they have not seen this earthly world. they will continue living out their delusions in the spirit world until they awaken from their dream.

Which is why it is so vital that you are awake and living now. seeing and experiencing your reality exactly as it is. To want something more than what is - to deny what is - is to create delusion and lies within you which can trap you in the mind.

Excellent post!!!!!

:hug2: Miss Hepburn

Medium_Laura
29-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Laura I would love to expound more on the mental death I mentioned and you hit on....conscious and sub-conscious death. Any takers??[/SIZE]

Well from only knowing what I went through and knowing the story of when my mother died and came back (when I was 9). We experience our own "death scene" individually.

My mom, a devout Christian said that she "felt" Jesus but didn't see him. Then a man in a long robe said to her "It is not your time, you must return."
She saw all the white light and so forth.

For me, I am Wiccan/Spiritual. I didn't hear any voice only "knew" that I was being offered a choice. Maybe it's because I already could see and hear spirit from an early age that they didn't need to prove to me they were with me. I'm not sure. The light was behind me and I knew it was there, I kept watching my body below and the nurses and doctors who were working on me. I no more than thought the thought and I was back in my body.

What we believe here on earth (angels and Jesus, Monks and Buddha, etc) this is what will greet us on the Other Side. To make us feel safe and comfortable. If you don't have a particular faith, like me, maybe you'll just see lights and beings or just "know" you are loved.

Spirited
30-06-2011, 12:50 AM
Interesting thought, Laura.. got me thinking if what is on the other side in our first moments there is what our mind most wants or would most imagine to be there.. I hope that its true and that happens for our own comfort and not that it's just our minds vividly imagining it with our last bit of living consciousness.. that would be a depressing thought. Very pleasant if its all true though.. :)

Toolite
30-06-2011, 02:16 AM

hell is real but first there is a purgatory and prior to that is ur mindset.. We live in a world where we are taught one final answer but spiritually its not one final answer because ther.e are many factors.

we can be in hell on earth but still alive ... our body can be dead but our mind can be in hell and then we have been judged and sent to hell but always given many opportunities.. We judge ourselves first is the main thing to know and work on now.

all The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

Medium_Laura
30-06-2011, 03:30 AM
Interesting thought, Laura.. got me thinking if what is on the other side in our first moments there is what our mind most wants or would most imagine to be there.. I hope that its true and that happens for our own comfort and not that it's just our minds vividly imagining it with our last bit of living consciousness.. that would be a depressing thought. Very pleasant if its all true though.. :)

I think so Spirit. I've been there through meditations, only as they say "at the door". When it wasn't my time but instead through my ability as a medium, it's different. I didn't get the greeting from my family and such, but then again.. I wasn't "coming home" I was simply knocking on that proverbial door to talk to people there.

There's a lot of fear associated in our minds with dying and to have comforting thoughts and people we love meet us and soothe us is great. Who knows if it's real? But if it helps us to go into the light and not hang about, then I say.. cool!! :)

Miss Hepburn
30-06-2011, 12:10 PM
You didn't mention Michael Newton is a doctor - very impressive that he has a Phd.

I have learned from reading the tranmissions to James E. Padget from the Other Side (circa 1914) --- that there are many different Spheres and we can progress
on the Other Side, not stay the same for Eternity, in other words, as some think...

And the key is asking for Divine Love - asking "Our Father" or whatever your concept of our Creator is...that the tranforming power of His Divine Love is what
propells us ever further (to higher Celestial Spheres)... it was the most enlightening and humbling lesson I have ever learned.

Because once I asked Him internally in prayer, my life changed faster than anything... meditation or good works, or belief or trust or prayer, etc...to ask God Himself directly for that one thing...His Divine Love, different than human or natural love... all other "modalities" meant little.

The process one goes thru to even ask is profound - the humility and preparation to receive such a thing is soul altering ... at least for me it was.

Just sayin'... I have all the Padgett books on pdf if anyone wants them. And wow.
:hug: Miss Hepburn

Spirited
30-06-2011, 03:26 PM
I think so Spirit. I've been there through meditations, only as they say "at the door". When it wasn't my time but instead through my ability as a medium, it's different. I didn't get the greeting from my family and such, but then again.. I wasn't "coming home" I was simply knocking on that proverbial door to talk to people there.

There's a lot of fear associated in our minds with dying and to have comforting thoughts and people we love meet us and soothe us is great. Who knows if it's real? But if it helps us to go into the light and not hang about, then I say.. cool!! :)

It must be great to have an ability where you know that you are somewhere other than the normal, to know that it does exist while you are still living, very comforting!

I agree whether it is real or not if it helps people get through this life and brings them reassurance and comfort it can't be a bad thing! :D

crystalfairy
01-07-2011, 07:30 AM
I am not too sure what you mean by "To want something more than what is - to deny what is - is to create delusion and lies within you which can trap you in the mind." Does this mean that we should not want to change and better ourselves or desire things?

crystalfairy
01-07-2011, 07:33 AM
I agree, that would be most comforting even if it is a figment of our imagination...

jamesart7
01-07-2011, 08:25 AM
>>PsstT<<

The after life huh.,, well if they say that there is a heaven and hell, well they'r wrong.. they'r dead wrong =)
those things are just a creation of the mind... even god.. god did not create humans.,, humans created god.. thats the truth..

Xan
02-07-2011, 03:12 AM
got me thinking if what is on the other side in our first moments there is what our mind most wants or would most imagine to be there..
Spirited... It's not that what happens on the other side is a beautiful dream made of our wishes. Just as in this life, on the other side our attitudes and expectations shape our experience of the reality around us, and in some cases distort it entirely... like the story mentioned above, of the woman who lives in one room. This is how I understand those who experience hell in nde's.

A good book that goes deeply into this subject is "Beyond the Light: What Isn't Being Said About Near Death Experience: from Visions of Heaven to Glimpses of Hell", by P.M.H. A****er.

Xan

Xan
02-07-2011, 03:15 AM
>>PsstT<<

The after life huh.,, well if they say that there is a heaven and hell, well they'r wrong.. they'r dead wrong =)
those things are just a creation of the mind... even god.. god did not create humans.,, humans created god.. thats the truth..
Disbelief is just as confining and distorted as belief, james.
Why not investigate for yourself what lies beyond the body and mind, in your silent inner being.

Xan

Rivendoah
02-07-2011, 03:21 AM
I used to think that when we died we were released from all our worldly fears and emotions... I am not so sure about that now... I personally don't believe in hell, but if one does believe in hell.... and have enough fear about it... then you very well may end up in a sort of hell...

I think we have to work as consciously as we can to release our negative emotions and our lower vibrations... I have been doing some reading lately about the idea that we should do it now while in this form, otherwise we carry those negative emotions into spirit... were they are magnified.. it becomes much harder to rid ourselves of them... I think that is why we manifest as humans in the first place...

Medium_Laura
02-07-2011, 03:07 PM
I used to think that when we died we were released from all our worldly fears and emotions... I am not so sure about that now... I personally don't believe in hell, but if one does believe in hell.... and have enough fear about it... then you very well may end up in a sort of hell...

I think we have to work as consciously as we can to release our negative emotions and our lower vibrations... I have been doing some reading lately about the idea that we should do it now while in this form, otherwise we carry those negative emotions into spirit... were they are magnified.. it becomes much harder to rid ourselves of them... I think that is why we manifest as humans in the first place...

You got it Revendoah!! :)

Love
02-07-2011, 04:38 PM
>>PsstT<<

heaven and hell are states that can be experienced in the spirit world the same as in the physical. its not something sanctioned to the physical.

Coming2
04-07-2011, 10:51 PM
I wanted to retract what I said in an earlier post about Newton not discussing other alterative destinations for the soul after death. I am re-reading Journey of Souls and in the beginning of the book he discusses his patients experiences who did not go directly into the flux and back into their soul group/family. What has been shared with him through regressions is that we can, indeed, be trapped on the earthly plane, we can be trapped in a lower astral plane that resembles a type of purgutory for the soul, we can be trapped in our "own" fear and state of hell. He also shares about souls who are seperated from the rest to have their energy reworked because of the damage they have done to themselves and others during their life cycle. So if what has been shared in modern religion and through life between life regressions we can almost validate that there is a "state" of hellish existence for those who cause harm in their life. However long or brief it is, it does exist. Ultimately it is up to us and the Divine Creator how long we reside is said places.

Medium_Laura
04-07-2011, 11:48 PM
However long or brief it is, it does exist. Ultimately it is up to us and the Divine Creator how long we reside is said places.
Wouldn't this be based on us allowing ourselves to be healed and released from our fears/anger, etc that is holding us there? Our Divine would never keep us anywhere, that, in my understanding, just like on Earth, we have the free will to release ourselves at any given time.

Coming2
05-07-2011, 02:33 AM
Oh I agree Laura!! I feel that we do always have the option and it is our fear/anger that keeps us stuck in lower astral planes after death but all of that said it takes me back to my first post. The show I had seen that evening was about a guy who says he went to hell after he died. I realize everyone has their secrets but he seemed well rounded, above average intelligence and rather spiritually aware before he died. He was living a positive life with a wife and family. In all appearances he seemed to be doing well and was happy. That is what stumped me. If this guy, who for all intent and purpose, seemed to be living a healthy, spiritual life and didnt believe in hell then how and why did he end up there?? If he projected this hellish state during mental death then what was it in him that created such a place?? I am just interested in everyone's opinion....

The reality is that I have made some really bad choices in my life and they were choices that hurt people. Today I try to be the best person I can be and give what I have to others..I realize I do have fear of something beyond us that is nightmarish in nature. I am just so afraid that my guilt from my past will end up keeping me stuck. The key thing the guy said on the show that got to me was that once he realized where he was, he also realized he was always going to be there...for eternity...there was no fighting it or asking for help....hmmmm??

jamesart7
05-07-2011, 06:26 AM
heaven and hell are states that can be experienced in the spirit world the same as in the physical. its not something sanctioned to the physical.

well.. theres no such thing as heaven or hell,,. they are just the creation of the ignorant prophets and priests..

Medium_Laura
05-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Oh I agree Laura!! I feel that we do always have the option and it is our fear/anger that keeps us stuck in lower astral planes after death but all of that said it takes me back to my first post. The show I had seen that evening was about a guy who says he went to hell after he died. I realize everyone has their secrets but he seemed well rounded, above average intelligence and rather spiritually aware before he died. He was living a positive life with a wife and family. In all appearances he seemed to be doing well and was happy. That is what stumped me. If this guy, who for all intent and purpose, seemed to be living a healthy, spiritual life and didnt believe in hell then how and why did he end up there?? If he projected this hellish state during mental death then what was it in him that created such a place?? I am just interested in everyone's opinion....

The reality is that I have made some really bad choices in my life and they were choices that hurt people. Today I try to be the best person I can be and give what I have to others..I realize I do have fear of something beyond us that is nightmarish in nature. I am just so afraid that my guilt from my past will end up keeping me stuck. The key thing the guy said on the show that got to me was that once he realized where he was, he also realized he was always going to be there...for eternity...there was no fighting it or asking for help....hmmmm??

I totally understand your fears but that man on the show...didn't reveal everything... Remember TV edits and holding back information from everyone is a factor. I know the show you are talking about. When I saw him I could sense he did some things prior to his passing that were beyond what he was revealing. Also could it be possible that someone had told him because of his lack of faith in a God (that someone claimed would banish him) create in his mind that he would undoubtedly go there when he died?

We have all done things we're not proud of. Said things that weren't very kind, but that doesn't send us to eternal damnation.. only our REACTION to that remorse does. Do you get it?

If I realize that I made some bad choices in the past, but I forgive myself and in my prayers I ask that those people I have wronged know that I am truly sorry. That I release myself from that guilt. We are all human and we all do stupid things lol. Not holding on to that guilt is the key.

My father had a horrible thing happen to him when he was young. He carried the guilt of it for a long time. Right near the end of his death I told him that I knew of this thing and also the guilt he carried. I told him that he needed to forgive those people and to release his guilt because it happened and it's done with and nothing can change the past. Three days later he died peacefully. I wasn't sure if he ever made those amends until he came to me 1 year later in a dream. He actually thanked me and said that I had helped him to cross over without remorse.

Our perception of where we will go is exactly where we will go! :) Because we really don't GO anywhere. It is all an illusion of our mind. We are in another dimension as an energy ball, but we are not a "thing". :) Heaven isn't a place... it's a state of mind! :)

Explorer
08-07-2011, 02:11 AM
I'm not sure I'm allowed to post links here, but if you search "I survived beyond and back" on Youtube, you'll get the show in parts.:smile:

Coming2
08-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Thanks Explorer for the Youtube info!!

Laura, I really appreciate what you shared with me. In my life today I try to always make amends when I have wronged someone but I have no way of resolving some issues. You made a great point about letting go of the guilt and remorse. For some reason over the last few weeks I have been plagued with fear of the afterlife. I know from my Guide that I have many things I must get passed before I pass on but I am reminded by her how loved I am and that there are so many people rooting for me. I am a relatively young soul....which is discouraging sometimes...God knows I dont want to do this again!!...so yes, I realize that we are only human in this life and that we are going to make mistakes. I certainly want to learn to live with constant peace in my heart and to let go of the fear. I am afraid that fear will keep me stuck like it does here as I get older.

Thank you so much,again, for your insight. It is deeply appreciated!!

Medium_Laura
09-07-2011, 02:23 AM
You are welcome. :) Young soul or not, you will make it through this and I know you should have no fear of the after life :)