PDA

View Full Version : Love At First Sight

Enlightener
10-12-2006, 01:31 AM
The other day I was walking through the city (shopping) and as I was walking through the crowd my eyes locked on the eyes of a young gothic girl. I have never felt love at first sight before, and I thought it was just some romantic idea, but as we walked past each other looking into each other's eyes I felt this deep connection with her. I was hitting my head against a concrete wall about twenty minutes later, when the feeling lessened, as I was so overcome with the feeling I forgot to talk to her!!!

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced love at first sight? Share your story with us.

Enlightener

Mother Goose
10-12-2006, 02:06 AM
:smile: Yes, Enlightener...I felt much that way about my dh. The first time I really looked into his eyes I was in love....without question. But I have to say that I have stopped thinking of it as 'love at first sight' because that gives me the impression of NEVER having seeing this soul before...but sensing 'love at first sight' means that you've known this soul from other lives. Soooooo, these days I tend to think of it as 'love upon recognition'. You've 'seen' this soul before...it's just that you 'recognized' her...make sense? :wink:

Enlightener
10-12-2006, 03:05 AM
Cool idea, fits into my belief system perfectly.

Enlioghten

Mother Goose
10-12-2006, 05:01 AM
:D I'm glad you like it! I used to WANT to believe in love at first sight...being a hopeless romantic & all that...but well, I've come to realize the really strong feelings like love (whether romantic or not) are cultivated over LIFETIMES, not just this life. To feel a really strong connection to someone indicates a bond that reaches beyond this one life.

Enlightener
10-12-2006, 07:37 AM
Yes, well maybe me and this girl had a previous life together.
I hope we meet again.

Enlightener

GoldChord
10-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Enlightener,

What a fantastic experience. I am so pleased for you. Though - you really should have found your language skills at that moment. Nevermind. If you are meant to you will meet again. Anyway, I have to say I do not believe in love at first sight. I believe you can know someone at first sight - even lust at first sight - but for me (true) love is so deep and profound that it must be cultivated over time.

When I met my soul-mate I knew him immediately. I recognised him, even though I had never met him. It was not love. The love I have for him now has taken a year to develop. I fell in love with him very reluctantly. But I remember the moment distinctly. He came to my house and was sitting opposite me and I had this odd feeling. He kept asking me what was wrong - if he could help. I refused to answer because all the while inside I was thinking to myself 'bugger - I really, really like him.' The past year has been up and down with me trying to sabotage the connection at every turn - but now I have come to fully realise and embrace the love I have for him and it has made me truly happy and what I feel for him now is eternal. It reaches into every part of me. But, then again - I am completely dysfunctional so maybe for emotionally healthy people love at first sight is a reality that brings them incredible fulfillment.

Oh well. Good luck with your goth girl Enlightener. I hope you cross paths again.

Enlightener
11-12-2006, 03:45 AM
Enlightener,
What a fantastic experience. I am so pleased for you. Though - you really should have found your language skills at that moment. Nevermind. If you are meant to you will meet again.
Oh well. Good luck with your goth girl Enlightener. I hope you cross paths again.

Yes, well... Usually when something like that happens to me I don't do anything, to test to see if we were *really* meant to be together. It's like trying to differentiate the feeling from my 'destiny', just to see if we are going to cross paths again, and if we do I will definately take action.

Enlightener

ljepotica
12-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Not sure about love at first site but...

I have looked into the eyes of someone and have seen another world-as if me and this person have been together in some other place, some other time and are looking at each other out of recognition...but I always "run away" and don't talk to these people...such a shame...

Light Mage
12-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Hmm... I think I may have experienced it, but it was unrequited, so I'm not sure...

dreamer
12-12-2006, 10:53 AM
It was love at first sight for me when i saw my now wife......for her it was love at about 2000th sight though.

Enlightener
13-12-2006, 02:24 PM
I have looked into the eyes of someone and have seen another world-as if me and this person have been together in some other place, some other time and are looking at each other out of recognition...but I always "run away" and don't talk to these people...such a shame...

That's what it felt like when I looked into that chick's eyes!!! But it was more of a loving recognition, :)

Enlightener

Roo
20-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Enlightener- When I met my mate, I had that 'click' of recognition, but it took a few months before we got together. I was struck speechless too...actually felt rooted to the spot, cuz it felt like my feet were made of lead. And I'm standing there, trying not to look like a complete fool...

Chances are, you'll see goth girl again, but this time, there won't be any problems. In fact, you'll probably end up talking all night, feeling as if you've known each other all your lives.:tongue:

Phoenix
20-12-2006, 05:16 PM
My Right Brain and My Left Brain are in hand-to-hand combat over this subject, with my Heart playing Referee...

The concept of Love at first site is the stuff of novels and movies. I do believe there is *something* that happens between certain people when they meet. Could be more of a chemical reactions at times :) Pheronomes and lust and all that. Or, it could be recognition on a deep spiritual level, that comes from being from the same eternal soul family....or having a sacred contract agreement to be played out in the current incarnations.

I suppose for me this issue comes down to the definition of what real "love" is between partners. There is a more generalized "Love" that I feel for someone as a fellow human spirit. But the committed relationship-type of love I share with my S.O. is based upon knowledge of him - which can only be accumulated over time spent together. It is based upon sharing experiences - the ups and downs of life - and growing together towards a common vision.

That being said, the Right Side of me, completely engaged by my "Fairytale Romantic" archetype, says "ROCK ON!!!" to those that believe they've experienced Love-At-First-Site.

Roo
20-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Phoenix- I agree that what's presented in novels and movies is total horse ****. Most of the time, it's not that romantic. But it's strong and true, and an equal exchange of gifts.

Enlightener
22-12-2006, 09:04 AM
Well I guess it comes from your perspective in the situation. You can make something just as beautiful as you imagine it to be.

Enlightener

Esperanza
04-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Love at first Sight......
About 1 year ago I kept having vivid dreams about a man. Every dream consisted of either kissing him or merely being held by him. Kind of like my knight in shining armor. I thought about him often and pictured him in my mind and only dreamt as to how things would be if my dreams were in fact real. A few months later to my surprise I saw my knight in shining armor in the distance and felt an immense love and connection to him. Today we have a special friendship that we both feel is true. But now things have gotten complicated, you see we both have two different lives and as day goes by it seems like this friendship could in fact lead to the direction I had dreamt of. Could this connection be merely a lust or could this be the one? Could it be that the strong connection is from a past life I shared with him? Could this be Love At First Sight?
Please any comment or suggestions will help!

:rolleyes:

Makoorakoo
05-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Hiya all,
Heres some thoughts.I have noticed that there may be an ambiguous meaning to love at first sight. Perhaps originally love at first sight meant when a baby first opens its eyes to the world. Within that moment the childs life is influenced by the beauty it can see in the world which comes into love for life. Of course life isnt perfect but in that imperfection we can still love life. Love at first sight could mean the beginning of our understanding of the world. Just some thoughts, im interested to what people have to say about this.

love and blessings to all

pjh1974
03-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Hi Enlightener.. I know that feeling all too well. As soon as I saw who is now my wife it was instantanious. And I also knew i knew her from a past life. The connection was unbelievable. Sadly though it seems that our lives now seek different paths and our meeting in this life has had its time.

Starpoppy
11-03-2007, 05:49 PM
This song by Savage Garden kind of sums up how I felt when I met my husband. :D

[B][I][SIZE=3]Maybe it