PDA

View Full Version : I'm curious about your usernames:)

ljepotica
06-12-2006, 11:31 PM
Hello all you lovely people:hug2:

I'm just curious as to why you chose your usernames. What made you decide?
Did you take your time or know that you wanted to be called X.

I hope you don't mind answering:smile:

My username: LJEPOTICA is in Croatian, it just means something like pretty girl-I chose it because I love the way Croatian sounds and like the way ljepotica sounds. I also studied a bit of Croatian at uni:)

tiltjlp
07-12-2006, 12:26 AM
I've been a pinball freak since I played my first game back in 1951. So much of a pinball freak that I even used to belong to several, and co-founded another pinball forum, where using a specialized program, we created and recreated digital pinball machines. Since I had never belonged to a forum before I found the pinball community, I used "tilt" which isn't welcome in pinball, and added my initials, and so tiltjlp was born.

Eventually the pinball forums were plagued with flame wars, backbiting, insults, and related problems, and a little over six months ago I left that community. And that might help you understand why I offered to help out here when I noticed that similar problems were popping up. Everyone likes to think forums can't be destroyed, but I know otherwise.

John

BLAIR2BE
07-12-2006, 01:17 AM
AH HA! i knew it was pinball related!! blair2be is self explanatory, no?

tiltjlp
07-12-2006, 01:40 AM
AH HA! i knew it was pinball related!! blair2be is self explanatory, no?

Maybe to some. Me, I don't have a clue.

John

Pounamu
07-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Pounamu is a Maori word for Greenstone or Nephrite.

I was born in New Zealand, in the South Island, called "Te Wai Pounamu" by the Maori. Greenstone is a beautiful stone that is tough and takes a fine polish. It is found in some areas of the South Island, and is much prized by the Maori, who used it for fashioning heirloom personal ornaments, chisels, adzes and weapons. It has a mineralogical hardness of about 5, which means it can be worked using quartzy minerals and sands,which have a hardness of 7.

Since I am a New Zealander, was brought up in a Maori district, and have had at least one Maori "past life" that I know of, I chose "Pounamu" as quite representative of some of my nature.

Mother Goose
07-12-2006, 03:06 AM
My dd's nickname is Goose...so Mother Goose seemed fitting. Been using it for nearly 3 yrs now. :color:

White Rabbit
07-12-2006, 03:49 AM
I chose my name because I was told by a native shaman it was my native name (because my first totem is a white rabbit :wink: ) I am not native, myself, but i do feel very attached to this name. I do have 8 other totems, one of which i see most of the time - my owl (a barn owl) who guides me from above and in dreamtime :rolleyes:

imageimaginer
07-12-2006, 06:36 AM
I am imageimaginer and in my spare time I paint pictures. I imagine images and put them on canvas. I'm a dreamer too lol.

Enlightener
07-12-2006, 07:13 AM
I guess I chose the name enlightener because I saw this place, the forum, as somewhere where I could help others become enlightened or just help others, and vice versa, where others would enlighten me.
I also tried to find something that I was comfortable with and that represented me well.

Enlightener

Kolo
07-12-2006, 08:43 AM
hahaha when i saw this thread my curiousity has been burning .. esp tiltjlp (i expected it to be the first letters in a proverb, song or something - pin-ball!! well well (i used to get hysterical playing pin ball, esp with a few beers under me kilt!
and yes ljep-oti-ca (had three goes at going back to get it right).. wondered where that came from!
enlightener everytime i see darthvada i laugh!!
white rabbit i am the same as you
i am oKa -white buffalo , and i also channel water buffalo.. however white buffalo is a truthbearer - and guides my everyday journey.
They are awesome creatures are they not?

Pat

Kolo
07-12-2006, 08:53 AM
oops sorry enlightener - i think that maybe the black knight??
x

GoldChord
07-12-2006, 09:54 AM
Howdy,

There are some great narratives to everyone's choice. Fantastic. Mine's pretty prosaic. I met a man. Fell deeply in love. He introduced me to spirit. Found out we have a gold chord between us that connects us through time and space. We have had many lives together because we made a pact to always meet. My name is in honour of him, our love for each other and our connection in spirit.

Take care.

~Jay~
07-12-2006, 12:01 PM
I always feel embarrassed at my own lack of imagination when I read this type of thread, lol. You all have such wonderful stories & ideas! :D

I would choose something completely different now if I could, but so many people know me as Jaycee from different boards that I feel kinda stuck with it - and I've also become quite attached to it myself! I've also found that on-line friends of mine who have decided to change their user names still get called by the old ones, no matter how much people try.:wink:

dreamer
07-12-2006, 12:58 PM
There are no rules in dreams except those you subconciously impose and every character in a dream is given animation and energy via the dreamers subconcious - when I realised that this "reality" is in fact just a dream, (quite a rigid dream it is true, but still just a dream) I decided that I was not going to weigh myself down with the tag of being human anymore, and I find that dreamer/dream explains everything that happens in reality perfectly - I like the freedom it encapsulates.

Makoorakoo
07-12-2006, 01:19 PM
hmm its interesting how you all chose your username.

my username is my true name in the other realms by which I am called. Its supposed to have some kind of meaning but none will tell me so I just kinda live with it lol

love and blessings to all

cweiters
07-12-2006, 04:34 PM
I am who I am always, this is my true name cweiters

Love to all
cw

Lapis
07-12-2006, 11:05 PM
What a really wonderful thread. It's been very nice reading every one of the posts. Everytime I see tiltjlp's name now, I'm going to hear a couple lines of the Who singing "Pinball Wizard"!

I use Lapis for a few reasons. Lapis Lazuli is a gemstone that's very close to the color Indigo so there's one connection. Another is my link to ancient Egypt and a higher dimensional Being there. He used Lapis Lazuli to represent his Home dimension and energies, and Lapis does look like the night sky flecked with twinkling gold stars. Another link to Lapis Lazuli is Astrological for me, so this stone represents what I am now at many different levels.

Enigma
08-12-2006, 05:22 PM
I chose Enigma, because that's what I am most like ..
an Enigma, according to other people, and myself. :glasses10:

Dariel
08-12-2006, 07:20 PM
What a nice thread. It has really been fun to read all the posts here.

My name, Dariel, was something i started to use couple of years ago in internet. I had other nick in mind but those did not work or were used. So then I sit quiet and asked and this popped into mind. I guess it was some angel there. But Dariel is not my guide nor my guardian angel. These days I feel Dariel has become old and not fitting me anymore, however I have used it in many forums for past years and it is just as much part of me than my own real name. So it is difficult to change it anymore as I am known with this nick in many forums :icon_compress:

dariel

BLAIR2BE
08-12-2006, 11:32 PM
my name is blair and i am to be myself (2be)
and, may i add, i will be my "full" (potentially realized) self (2be)

ljepotica
08-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Oh wow it was amazing to read why you choose your usernames.

LAPIS: Yes everytime I look at your username I always think of Ancient Egypt and Lapis Lazuli-and for some reason I imagine you sometimes wearing crushed Lapis Lazuli on your eyelids as the Ancient Egyptians used to do-well maybe you did in that past life:smile:

KOLO: did you know that kolo is also a South Slav (or Yugoslav) dance, the word kolo means circle in Serbian/Bulgarian/Croatian-well it's used for this circular dance-so maybe you had a Balkan past life:tongue:

GOLDCHORD: That's a wonderful reason for your username:hug2:

tiltjlp: oh ok I didn't know it was associated with pinball, now we know your secret:)

I could go on but will let you people explain-it really has been great to read all your replies-keep up the good work people.

Lots of love of positive energy:angel5: xxxx

pokeyjo11
10-12-2006, 10:07 PM
This was great fun! I enjoy learning about everyone, guess I will share some back...lol
My username is my nickname given me by my great granmother way back; I suppose she had a sense...lol
I put the 11 on the end because I see it everywhere...and close peeps ask me questions with the #11 within the question...a lot haha the most recent was..
My mother called just the other day and ask "what's up?, I saw you setting on my bed last night, you look bored...it was about 11 o'clock,I saw you twice and tried to call and the phone fell..so if you want to call me call me..!" lol she mentioned 11o'clock over five times and I just laughed!
I said "I guess you just was to tell me "11" o'clock? as I was in kitchen cooking at the time, lol. My mom, now that would be a thread!! lol
I've never boarded before, I am blessed to have been led here....thank you all for your presence :hug3:

Lapis
10-12-2006, 11:12 PM
:D Hey pokeyjo11, your post above, talking about seeing all those 11's everywhere......:D it says it was your 11th post!!! :tongue: Yeah Baybay....

TzuJanLi
11-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Greetings..

The name i use was given to me by my favorite Taoist mentor.. Tzu-Jan = spontaneous, emerging from the void.. Li = random order, like the grain in wood or the veins in leaves.. together, they are a loose representation of "nature's way".. i think my mentor's reference was more sarcastic than profound, he often said i was a perfect example of nature.. me, being a bit clumsy at times, demonstrated the "natural" and consistent quality of gravity..

Be well..

dreamer
11-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Hey TzuJanLi,

where did you find a Taoist mentor, you lucky so and so? Taoism is just brilliant, I love it. I was Lau Tzu's cat a fair few lifetimes ago, what a great teacher - look where I am now....and he always gave me fresh fish and cream to eat (which I now hear is actually bad for cats intestines but which I loved at the time). He ate me for my 6th birthday present, what an honour and here I am of him spouting gibberish in a way i hope makes him proud.

Peace.

TzuJanLi
11-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Hi Dreamer,

The Cat:

Pine needles pierce moon
Shadows create illusion
Forest floor dances

Crisp sound of fall leaves
Announces cat’s arrival
Set another place

For the cat or guest?
Which will eat or be eaten?
Nature does not care

Be well...

Vajra
11-12-2006, 03:55 PM
The Vajra is a representative symbol of the diamond vehicle. The sanskrit term literally translates to 'diamond' or 'the hard or mighty one', thus implying an indestructible hardness and brilliance like the diamond which cannot be cut or broken. This meaning symbolizes the impenetrable, immovable, immutable, indivisible, and indestructible pure essence of the mind, or the 'Vajra Mind".:wink:

pokeyjo11
13-12-2006, 09:56 PM
WooHoo! Lapis ;) Great catch!! I LOVE IT!
Much Love pj11

Hania
13-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Hi all I have been reading this thread with admiration as the stories of your username choice is inspiring.
I have had some problems in the past few years and am now starting to gert back on my feet, this time with a new understanding of teh things that happen to me at every moment of the day. I am fighting myself for control so I can start living again and enjoying life in a way which I never even acknowledged before. It is because of this that I chose Hania. It means spirit warrior in old Hopi American indian.
I was trying to meditate one day and a few things about the Hopi came to my mind to do with the grand canyon and teh enslavement they endured while living there, I then looked them up on the net and found out about the love they had for the environment, the same as me. I saw the word Hania and thought it a beautiful and powerful word, then I found it it was a name and meant spirit warrior.
Since then I have been waiting to use it as a forum name, other names I have are 'gerbil rebellion' on an environmental discussion site and 'open heart open mind' on another forum I haven't visited for a while about story writing.

TheTreeLady
18-12-2006, 07:10 PM
I choose the Tree lady because I love trees and am always painting spiritual trees, I also teach others how to paint their spirit within the form of a tree... I can paint other things but am so drawn to this subject matter.

Phoenix
18-12-2006, 07:38 PM
There are so many wonderful stories about the Phoenix. Seems she’s been around for awhile, and different cultures all put there own spin on her. In some legends she’s a conglomerate of animals. In others, she’s a Crane. In still others (and the one I most resonate with), Phoenix is a Crow. I have strong crow medicine and consider the Crow my special friend. Translated “Red” from the Greek, and with her strong associated with the Sun, Phoenix sounds like a sister Aries to me! I have so much fire in my birthchart, it’s amazing my hair isn’t smoking all the time!

So, anyway, here is why I chose this user name. Almost all of the Phoenix legends have her building her own funeral pyre in her nest every 500 years or so, in which she faces the Sun and basically incinerates herself in it’s flames. Rebirth. Renewal. Resurrection Rising from the ashes of a life that no longer fits. These are the key words associated with Phoenix. And these have also been keywords in my own life.

I was born again about 25 years ago (at the age of 25) into the Christian faith, after a youth spent doing all the things associated with the Sex, Drugs and Rock n’ Roll culture of 1980s California.

Two decades later, I experienced a resurrection from that life after I spontaneously combusted after experiencing the hypocrisy, judgementalism and intolerance of The Church one too many times. From the ashes of a burned out life and a broken faith, I began a process of spiritual investigation and renewal which has allowed me a new lease on life. I identify with the Divine Feminine as well as the Divine Masculine. My church is the out-of-doors. And the Hawk and Hummingbird are a couple of my special Angels.

I guess the Phoenix means so much to me because it is a symbol of the hope of a renewed life. It is also a symbol of eternal life – something I believe we all ‘are’, as spiritual beings…GodSeeds.

multidimensional being
30-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Well i wanted Multidimensional being of light cos i feel it best discribes my soul or spirit but it wouln't fit so i shorted it but i'm still happy with it.

auricman
31-12-2006, 02:00 AM
im called auricman because the first gift i found i had was the ability to see auras and someone who can see auras is an auric so therefor auricman! :)
if it wasn't my email address and just about every user name i use i would change it for something to do with angels or light. but i guess im sticking with this one for now :)