PDA

View Full Version : My old house

ramc
30-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Hello everyone

I thought I'd share with you some stories of my old house...

We moved into that house in 1989 (when I was 2), and moved out in 2010. Our time there was... strange, to say the least. It was a small terraced house in a very built up area, and we had a large back garden. The reason the garden was so large was because it previously had 2 houses on it, which were bombed in WW2 and never rebuilt.

During our time there my sisters and I had things thrown at us (only small things, lolly sticks etc but still scary!), my sister was slapped on the back whilst in bed, my sister and I saw an old lady walk through our bedroom at the same time. We always got the feeling that there was an old man in the house, who stood in our doorway and just didn't want us there. We'd often see lights darting through the landing and through doorways, get a strong feeling of depression in one of the bedrooms. We heard a man growling on numerous occasions. My sisters heard voices, but as if they were communicating through walkie talkies (right in their room)! We heard violent banging on furniture, saw things being moved on shelves in front of our eyes... really too much to mention.

Anyway, after we moved out we still owned the property for a while, and we asked an investigator to come and have a look round. During the investigation, my sisters and I were in our old bedroom - after about 15 minutes of calm and still, we heard a bang on the floor right next to us, we felt the vibrations in our stomachs. It was like someone had dropped a bowling ball.

The investigation went on for about 5 hours, we caught a LOT of orbs on camera, lights stopped working for no reason, it was just odd. Eventually we asked for it to be called to a halt and for the house to be cleared... as we asked that, we saw a small, dark figure run from the living room and up the stairs, and heard laughing. Anyway, after the house was cleared it felt a LOT calmer and I am hoping was a lot more pleasant for the next owner to live in.

During the investigation I felt something cold across my shoulders - one of the ladies with us said "you have a small grey cat sat across your shoulders, how odd!" Yep, considering our deceased, small, grey cat used to love sitting on your shoulders =) she also said we had a dog with us, a large white dog who was with us the whole time and protected us all the while we were there.

There is SO much more to say, but hopefully this explains some of it and you enjoy reading it. Happy to answer any questions!

Silver
30-05-2011, 04:39 PM
That was a wonderful sharing, romc. I really enjoyed reading about it, and I think it must've been so unnerving and more than a little frightening while you were going through it, omg.

Is it possible for us to know what country/state all this happened in, don't want to get too personal.

ramc
30-05-2011, 04:46 PM
It was in Hull, in England. It was a really weird house, I'm really pleased we moved! So many things happened there - when my sister gets home from work I'll get her to help me write a list of some of the things that went on.

One really odd thing that happened - my parents and middle sister were downstairs in the living room, youngest sister was in the bathroom and I was in my bedroom. At the same time we all heard this really loud, whining moan that seemed to be centered in whatever room we were in... upon investigation it was the same for everyone in the house. We all heard it right next to us. We could never find any explaination for it!

Silver
30-05-2011, 04:59 PM
All I can say is, Omg! I'm glad they weren't more scary / harmful than they were to you and your family. And glad you got out of there! Do you hear or know of any further goings on like that with the people there now?

ramc
30-05-2011, 05:02 PM
We aren't in touch with the people who have it now, however the guy who did buy it wanted to do a lot of renovation to the property, so god knows if that did anything or not!

blackraven
31-05-2011, 11:05 PM
ramc - I very much enjoyed reading about your haunted house. I lived in an 86-year-old house that was haunted from the first day we moved in all the way until we moved out 16 years later. Even guests that came over experienced our ghost(s). One holiday a guest asked who the children were that were running back and forth upstairs. There wasn't anyone upstairs. Another guest spent the night and asked us why we were up in the middle of the night sliding furniture around. I had to explain to them that it was of a paranormal nature. lol Lastly, a 3rd guest swore she would never spend another night in our home because something woke her up in the middle of the night and chilled her to the bone as if rubbing ice cubes on her face. All 3 incidents were minor in comparison to what we endured ourselves being the occupants of the home. We moved a few years back and I have to wonder if the ghosts continued to haunt the new owners. I understand that renovations do stir up spirit activity in a building, so your new owner may just have some new situations on his hands. If you have more to share that you can remember, would like to hear it.

Blackraven

jazz
09-07-2011, 12:17 PM
RAMC BLACK RAVEN ,,,,,, FAB READINGS OMG ,WOULD LOVE TO HEAR MORE ONFO OV UR HAUNTED HOMES LOVE LITE AND RAINBOWS,,, JAZZ B