PDA

View Full Version : Sanctuary

Felynx
25-05-2011, 01:06 AM
Hi everyone. I was looking for a place to start this kind of thread and it seems ironically perfect, so here it is.

I was climbing a mountain yesterday (yes, a mountain), and I found this little area that was surrounded on all sides by hills. It had no trails around it, and as soon as I stepped inside everything went completely silent. There was no wind, no waves (I live by a gigantic lake), no distant car sounds. It was so quiet I could practically feel pressure on my ears. Everything in the little depression was a much more vivid green than the rest of the mountain and definitely had the feeling of a peaceful place. Walking out of it I even saw a family of deer going into it to feed.

So, where is your Sanctuary?

Rivendoah
26-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Hi everyone. I was looking for a place to start this kind of thread and it seems ironically perfect, so here it is.

I was climbing a mountain yesterday (yes, a mountain), and I found this little area that was surrounded on all sides by hills. It had no trails around it, and as soon as I stepped inside everything went completely silent. There was no wind, no waves (I live by a gigantic lake), no distant car sounds. It was so quiet I could practically feel pressure on my ears. Everything in the little depression was a much more vivid green than the rest of the mountain and definitely had the feeling of a peaceful place. Walking out of it I even saw a family of deer going into it to feed.

So, where is your Sanctuary?

I love to climb in the mountains... the spot you found sounds really magical!

Felynx
27-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Well, in BC theres a lot of really awesome places in nature. Its a really spiritually charged place.

zipzip
28-05-2011, 04:38 AM
that sounds really beautiful, Felynx.

My sanctuary is my on my swing on my back deck. I just rock, with a cup of tea and listen to the birds and the trees.....

zipzip