PDA

View Full Version : Chakra Meditation

MoonDancer
23-05-2011, 04:00 AM
So I tried chakra meditation for the first time today.
When I was focusing on my heart chakra my back started to hurt. The opposite side of it. It stopped when I past it.
Also when I got to my throat chakra it felt like it was closing almost. Like I needed to breathe or swallow. A thick type of feeling.
Were these signs that those chakras need to be cleansed?

alphamind
23-05-2011, 03:14 PM
I've been empowering chakras for a while now and I have the same sensations. For the heart chakra bear in mind that you have a middle, front, and spine heart chakra (all chakras are divided in three parts except the crown chakra). So I would take the heart chakra sensation as a good sign. I take the throat chakra sensation as a good sign as well. When I began empowering the chakras the throat was the most difficult chakra for me to 'sense' until recently I empowered it at its peak (has to do with planetary hours/days if you wanna look that up) and the sensation was very intense, just as you describe it. Now I get that feeling every time I empower it (since it has now awaken I imagine).

On the other hand, don't take my word fully for it as I am far from an expert on the chakras. I simply have the same sensations but I personally feel they are a good sign. I'd like to know as well if these sensations mean anything else other than activity.

iolite
23-05-2011, 05:43 PM
So I tried chakra meditation for the first time today.
When I was focusing on my heart chakra my back started to hurt. The opposite side of it. It stopped when I past it.
Also when I got to my throat chakra it felt like it was closing almost. Like I needed to breathe or swallow. A thick type of feeling.

Have you tried focusing on the heart and throat chakras on your back? The very same chakras (2-6) shown in pictures exist on the back too.

MoonDancer
23-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Have you tried focusing on the heart and throat chakras on your back? The very same chakras (2-6) shown in pictures exist on the back too.
Oh....I'm not that knowledgeable haha Didn't know. No I haven't.

tragblack
23-05-2011, 10:24 PM

I think so. I would work past the initial discomfort and see if it starts to ease.

Spiritlite
24-05-2011, 02:42 AM
I believe so yes that you needed to cleanse those chakras mostly, you're so intuitive and I love reading your posts btw.
Spiritlite.

MoonDancer
24-05-2011, 03:20 AM
I believe so yes that you needed to cleanse those chakras mostly, you're so intuitive and I love reading your posts btw.
Spiritlite.
Aw, thanks :hug:

Xan
24-05-2011, 03:25 AM
DA... Most of us need some heart healing from past experiences, including from childhood. You could do this along with your chakra clearing.

Recall a memory of when your feelings were hurt... and breathe with it... allowing the love from your inner heart to heal it all.

Here's a simple practice that can help: INNER HEART MEDITATION - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3695 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D3695)

Xan

NiteOwl
26-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Oh yes! Major 4th and 5th chakra cleansing. I'm concerned you said it "hurt" though, as in a physical pain?

I have been doing major work on my 3rd chakra and I feel all kinda of funny feelings when I am moving energy. Keep it up and move what ever needs to be out of your space.

Is there some thing affecting your heart and throat chakra in particular? Maybe not speaking your truth? In a relationship perhaps?

Whatever you felt, strange or not, is you healing yourself. Try it again soon to see if it feels any different.

Keep us updated! :hug3:

iolite
26-05-2011, 07:43 PM
I have just recently downloaded Stephen Halpern's Chakra Suite to my iphone and I listen to it before I fall asleep several times a week. There is a song for each chakra in the appropriate key. As I listen to each one, I focus on that chakra and breath into it (visualize) and it is amazing. I can feel the heat, for instance in my root chakra. I've been looping each song a few times as each chakra song is only a few minutes, I'm focusing on the 2nd chakra more than the others as I've got sacral issues -- sciatica and adrenal issues and last night I could really feel the energy of that chakra (front and back) even under the covers. If anyone is looking for a good cd for chakra meditation... Stephen Halpern's Chakra suite is really good.

http://image.betamonline.com/sdimages/disk5/388793.jpg

MoonDancer
27-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Oh yes! Major 4th and 5th chakra cleansing. I'm concerned you said it "hurt" though, as in a physical pain?

I have been doing major work on my 3rd chakra and I feel all kinda of funny feelings when I am moving energy. Keep it up and move what ever needs to be out of your space.

Is there some thing affecting your heart and throat chakra in particular? Maybe not speaking your truth? In a relationship perhaps?

Whatever you felt, strange or not, is you healing yourself. Try it again soon to see if it feels any different.

Keep us updated! :hug3:
Yeah, actually. Not unbearable pain, but I did say "ow" and wanted it to stop.
I'm not surprised that its those two, mostly my heart. I even had a reading a while back telling me I need to do something about my heart chakra. I definitely have relationship issue to say the least and there is a communication problem, so its probably connected.
But something good I did notice was the next day, I felt "better". Not forever better, it didn't last. I guess I did something right. Cause this issue does cause I somewhat constant pain and I felt lighter :D

NiteOwl
27-05-2011, 08:27 AM
That's great to hear!

Saggi
27-05-2011, 09:52 AM
I hope you don't mind me jumping in.

Whilst listening to the Chakra Suite I listened to the first 3 then when I got to the heart one and each one after I felt feelings in my Solar Plexus.

Sometimes it was like an upward pressure feeling at the bottom of my ribs, the rest was like a swirling feeling, like my stomach was giddy.

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

iolite
28-05-2011, 03:51 AM
I hope you don't mind me jumping in.

Whilst listening to the Chakra Suite I listened to the first 3 then when I got to the heart one and each one after I felt feelings in my Solar Plexus.

Sometimes it was like an upward pressure feeling at the bottom of my ribs, the rest was like a swirling feeling, like my stomach was giddy.

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Yes, I felt that too as well as the energy bouncing or pulsing -- hard to explain-- almost like a rubber band being stretched and relaxed. The energy felt like it was pulling and relaxing or bouncing.