PDA

View Full Version : I Ching

White Rabbit Australia
17-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Hello,
This looks like an extraordinarily difficult means of divination to learn - does anyone here have any experience with I Ching or can recommend some good books/links on the subject?

Thanks much,

WR

michael55
18-05-2011, 07:21 AM
I do have a book on the subject. I think I got it at a garage sale. I'd recommend just finding a couple cheap used books on amazon in good condition with good ratings and getting those. Good luck. :)

Miss Hepburn
18-05-2011, 08:09 AM
I love the I Ching ---my experience is that it tells me what my true self or subconscious already knows!!!

It is so simple - throw coins - mark down long or broken lines 6 times as I recall and there you have your 'symbol'' to look up.
It's been awhile - didn't seem to need any other book but itself. The Richard Wilhelm one was known to be the best.

The only time it really amazed me was when it spoke of the man and the
younger woman - me - and the turtle meant
something ---when we had just come across a turtle on our walk in the marshes on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.

It tells you what your inner self really already knows - it helps you face it and admit it usually.
:smile:

belinda2
24-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Hello,
This looks like an extraordinarily difficult means of divination to learn - does anyone here have any experience with I Ching or can recommend some good books/links on the subject?

Thanks much,

WR
You might like I Ching Dead Moon ( Cards) they are dark and interesting.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/i-ching-dead-moon/
I heard they read very well, I want to buy it myself.

tragblack
24-05-2011, 07:31 AM
This looks like an extraordinarily difficult means of divination to learn

It is not.

does anyone here have any experience with I Ching...

Yes. It's my favorite form of divination. It gives sound advice that always seems to be rooted exactly in the present moment. However, sometimes because the I Ching picks up the present so well, readings can be easily swayed by the current feelings of the reader. For example if you are feeling particularly sad when doing a drawing, your reading might present a melancholy kind of view.

Adrienne
24-05-2011, 07:37 AM
interesting form of divination ! amazing how many different varieties there are, something for everyone and more !

Adrienne
24-05-2011, 07:41 AM
I - Ching ~ Chinese system of fortune-telling: an ancient Chinese system of divination, based on a book of Taoist philosophy and expressed in hexagrams chosen at random and interpreted to answer questions and give advice

just curious, White Rabbit, what interests you in this particular divination ? Just looking for something new to try ? or were you drawn to this, somehow ?

Dream Angel xx

Miss Hepburn
24-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Well, I threw the I Ching for the first time in maybe 25-30 years!
And as usual it was incredibly insightful and precise!

Love it - I will do it again if a question seems to confuse me -usually
which road to take...one of caution or go forth in confidence, for me.
:smile:

pre-dawn
24-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Hello,
This looks like an extraordinarily difficult means of divination to learn
It is certainly not easy once one comes to inner and outer Trigrams and the Transforming lines.

Xan
25-05-2011, 03:17 AM
White Rabbit... I used the I Ching regularly for years and this is what I know of it...

The I Ching is not the instant kind of oracle that some other methods can be, just for prediction or guidance. It is designed to develop self-understanding and requires developing a relationship with it over time, learning how it communicates and the effects it can have in you and and your growth.

Xan

lucky
03-06-2011, 06:39 PM
One of the top Chinese expert in I Ching does use his knowledge for divination. His method consist of taking 3digit numbers, three of them to come up with the hexagram. His principle is to ask only once for each question he has in mind. Sometimes he just pick the license number of the car passing by !

ravenstar
03-06-2011, 11:01 PM
This forum (google "online clarity") it will come up I Ching Clarity, this is by far the best IChing site. There is a list of and a study of each Hexagram and you can ask questions and have others share their interpretations with you.

I've been studying the I CHing for 2 years and still quite a novice. If you check out that forum, you won't be disappointed.

:)

I-Ching
20-06-2011, 10:25 AM
I have been using the I-Ching for several years. I recommend the translation by Brian Browne Walker. Using the I-Ching can be very simple if you have a good translation. If you ask for general advice you will usually find the message reflects the current situation in your life. I use the I-Ching to communicate with my Guide and have developed a strong relationship with Him. I find my life has a higher purpose and meaning because of my Divine Connection through the I-Ching.

Miss Hepburn
20-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Hmm, I didn't know about this Walker translation.
Thank you.

Brian
28-07-2011, 02:06 AM
Does anyone find the I Ching more accurate than tarot cards? Or is it like comparing apples and oranges?

I-Ching
28-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Does anyone find the I Ching more accurate than tarot cards? Or is it like comparing apples and oranges?
I personally have faith in the I-Ching. I have asked it about other forms of Divination most forms it didn't have a problem with but it did not think the following were bonafida systems: Tarot, Oracle of Rama, Metu Neta. That's all I can remember off my head.