PDA

View Full Version : wondering about something

Sapphirez
10-05-2011, 03:51 AM
hi! thank for reading this! I was wondering about the level of significance of something, if there are some experienced in this realm who might offer their opinion or insight. I am somewhat of a novice but I have been interested in Astrology for many years and read a bit about it.

I was looking up the planetary makeup of this guy I started talking to online and I discovered that we share all the same signs.. not in exact placement of course cuz that would be near impossible.. but the makeup of each of our charts only includes the latter half of the signs. I've done charts for other people such so I know that I have not come across all these similarities before. I am wondering what you think about it. how significant it is, and if you can look deeper and see what the different placements might mean

also if I may ask, if you think it is significant that my brother, sister, mother and I all have Moon signs that fall into one of the other's Sun signs..

If you are curious my birthdate is 9/26/84, born in Milw., WI at 6:26pm (might be 6:36 but I think it's 6:26, some places say my moon is in Libra which is what I learned 1st but then saw it was said to be in Scorpio a few years ago and learning that made so much sense to me) and he was born 11/30/81 in Chicago, IL, birthtime unknown to me though I have just asked him

Well here are the signs of us two, please let me know what you think :color:

*Mine*
Sun in Libra
Moon in Scorpio
Mercury in Virgo
Venus in Scorpio
Mars in Sagittarius
Jupiter in Capricorn
Saturn in Scorpio
Uranus in Sagittarius
Neptune in Sagittarius
Pluto in Scorpio

*His*
Sun in Sagittarius
Moon in Capricorn
Mercury in Sagittarius
Venus in Capricorn
Mars in Virgo
Jupiter in Scorpio
Saturn in Libra
Uranus in Sagittarius
Neptune in Sagittarius
Pluto in Libra

surrendertotheflow
10-05-2011, 04:07 AM
Hi,

I can't help you with this as I know nothing about reading astrology, but I'm interested in learning, and I was wondering how you discovered all that above information about you and him. I want to figure that out for me. Can I go about doing that in some fashion on my own?

Manahel.Fatima
10-05-2011, 06:38 AM
Well love to earn astrology too. could you share how you learn and perform this we all wil be pleased and thankful for this act.

Sapphirez
10-05-2011, 06:40 AM
yeah!! you can find out a lot of great stuff! well I have a book or two, but there's a site online chaosastrology and it's probably the best place for free birth charts. if you know or can find your birth time that will be the best, but you can see it without as well.. it just might not be as accurate. just google chaos astrology free chart and when you get to the site go to the appropriate place and put in your date of birth, city and time and proceed on next page and voila! it will have all your signs and will also go over some of the meanings of the aspects and stuff in quite a bit of length. I hope you love it!!

if you have specific questions too I can try to answer them. I can tell you that your Moon and Venus sign placement is almost as important as your Sun sign

Sapphirez
16-05-2011, 03:59 PM
hmmmm :redface:

Medium_Laura
16-05-2011, 04:14 PM
it would help to know both of your rising signs. Which sign is your AC on? While most astrology in the paper is based on sun signs, when I read, I look at the rising as well.

I am a double scorpio with a moon in aquarius.

Sapphirez
18-05-2011, 11:51 AM
ah.. your rising sign is similar to your Sun sign?

I'm not sure his rising sign tho I'd love to know to do an accurate chart on him and even just to compare our charts and see if his planetary quadrant residence looks similar to mine.. (if that's a such thing I could say lol)

IIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii........... think.... I'm not sure what my rising sign is. I thought it was Aries for a while, ah I think I thought it was Aries but then "learned" it was Pisces, which also was an epiphany moment similar to the Scorpio moon discovery.. can you find that out from my birth time for certain?

Medium_Laura
18-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Here you go:

The First House
The first house, also called the ascendant or rising sign, is a dharma house and connected with motivation and our approach to life. It also has to do with how we come across to others, thus our appearance and how we make a first impression. The ascendant is the essential stuff that bubbles up in us spontaneously - what is obvious to others as our trademark look or approach. The first house shows our ability to be recognised, how we make a directed effort, and how we exert our will. Cultivate the strategies of this part of your chart to move forward in life.

Pisces on the 1st House Cusp
Pisces energy runs deep and toward the mystical -- whatever transcends the everyday world. This sign is understanding, patient and compassionate. Super-sensitive, it tends to absorb it's surroundings like a sponge. The sign is very trusting, accepting and giving of itself for the sake of more important issues. It loves free-ranging activities which allow for some imaginative scope.

Moon in Scorpio
Yours is a passionate emotional life. Intense feelings and strong attachments make for hot times. You are fiercely loyal. Moon in Scorpio is secretive and not at all superficial. When displaying how you feel about a particular person or situation, its really 'all or nothing' with you. You take more than you give emotionally, and this may be due to unresolved issues from your early upbringing. However, this is also an excellent Moon placement for business, detective work and the like, giving you a keen sense for power and 'behind the scenes' operations.

Free astrology report from the net.http://www.chaosastrology.net

Sapphirez
19-05-2011, 05:41 AM
thank you darling! the charts at chaos astrology are my favorite and what I go to now; but I did see a different sign as my rising perhaps at the other site(s) before I found that one, so I wasn't entirely sure. :) I looked my information up again along with the second person's on that site when I saw our similar sign makeup, but there is probably a good reason why you've pasted it here for me, so that I can give it a better look at this time. :hug3:

Sapphirez
19-05-2011, 06:09 AM
Here you go:

The First House
The first house, also called the ascendant or rising sign, is a dharma house and connected with motivation and our approach to life. It also has to do with how we come across to others, thus our appearance and how we make a first impression. The ascendant is the essential stuff that bubbles up in us spontaneously - what is obvious to others as our trademark look or approach. The first house shows our ability to be recognised, how we make a directed effort, and how we exert our will. Cultivate the strategies of this part of your chart to move forward in life.

Pisces on the 1st House Cusp
Pisces energy runs deep and toward the mystical -- whatever transcends the everyday world. This sign is understanding, patient and compassionate. Super-sensitive, it tends to absorb it's surroundings like a sponge. The sign is very trusting, accepting and giving of itself for the sake of more important issues. It loves free-ranging activities which allow for some imaginative scope.

Moon in Scorpio
Yours is a passionate emotional life. Intense feelings and strong attachments make for hot times. You are fiercely loyal. Moon in Scorpio is secretive and not at all superficial. When displaying how you feel about a particular person or situation, its really 'all or nothing' with you. You take more than you give emotionally, and this may be due to unresolved issues from your early upbringing. However, this is also an excellent Moon placement for business, detective work and the like, giving you a keen sense for power and 'behind the scenes' operations.

Free astrology report from the net.http://www.chaosastrology.net

alright... So, moving forward and figuring out what to do with my life, and even just taking mild steps into making my future a reality are at the forefront of my consciousness and existence right now. I have got to start being a grown-up. so when I read the description of the rising sign and then the description of Pisces in its placement, again I am spoken to through Astrology.

I just finished reading the book The Celestine Prophecy last night, so mystical and energy and all that speaks more to me than usual. and of course the description of the ascendant sign and what it signifies in spurring life's movements is almost uncanny, that you'd post this here for me now.. even though I've already read this information more than once.. it didn't really sink in yknow? lol..
what it says I guess I don't exactly know.. I was aware of the qualities I have that I think are wonderful, but the next steps are unknown to me.. I always wanted to do something that had to do with creativity and artisticness, you know, mechanical type things are not my forte.. and the mind and metaphysical intrigue me.

now as for the Scorpio moon, which I've spent a fair amount of time investigating/contemplating, well as you've placed it in this context, the part about my taking more than giving stands out. the rest of it is important, very important to me, but it's something I've been preoccupied with; like I've been examining the analytical and perceptive and critical nature I have a lot lately.. and I feel blessed, but I know that it's excessive at this point, I am hypercritical and too concerned with things..
I guess that's the combination of the Pisces and Scorpio in a way, but I have faith that I can bring my critical nature to a healthier level.. I plan to heal myself of the past that has ate away at me for years and I believe it will come easily with the eft I plan to use.. well it will come easily especially compared to the decade long journey I've been on already trying to find the answers to my despair.
I have to treat my physical unhealthiness first though (teeth need help, have an appointment on the 21st of June, I haven't had a dentist since I was a child nor a doctor so maybe the teeth thing will make me all better but maybe there's more wrong with me, not sure) and then I feel I'll finally be able to get my life on track. I don't have much to show for my 26 years here, but I don't really believe that to be true.. it's just in the material world and business world or whatever that I haven't succeeded.. I feel like all the time I've had being reclusive and agoraphobic and looking inward has awarded me a lot of wisdom and knowledge that I wouldn't have obtained otherwise.
well hehe I know you didn't ask me for an examination or explanation, but the posting spurred this. I hadn't read it yet (again, I swear I've read that birth chart analysis at least twice before lol maybe more) when I posted that I thought there'd be a reason for it, so the meaning that I did find was really surprising to me, I thought there was a reason but I didn't think it would be so meaningful to me.. :color: well, have you read The Celestine Prophecy?
thank you for posting that for me :hug2:

*if you don't mind, do you think you could explain to me what you think the difference between the Sun and Ascendant signs are? and also perhaps the Moon sign in that equation?

Manahel.Fatima
19-05-2011, 07:07 AM
wow great i will look for these books then... thanks Sapphirez love you

Graelwyn
19-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Here is another site for free charts, composites, synastry etc. You just register free and then fill in your birth details and those of anyone else you care to. I have found it very, very interesting.

http://www.astrowin.org/online_calcs_db/signup_login.php

Medium_Laura
19-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Your rising sign (or ascendant, the two terms are used interchangeably) is the zodiacal sign that was on the Eastern horizon when you were born. Ascendants change in two-hour intervals, with the entire zodiac being represented in one 24-hour day; that said, you chose to enter this world during one of those two-hour periods. The rising sign at the moment of your birth is the one you will embody not only physically, but also emotionally and spiritually.

http://www.llewellyn.com/blog/2010/03/what-does-your-ascendant-mean-the-12-faces-we-show-the-world/

Easier for me to google it than try and tell you from my head lol

In Soul-centered astrology, the Sun´s purpose is to act as a vehicle for the externalization of the Second Ray of Love/Wisdom. When we delineate the Soul-centered chart, the position of the Sun has four primary indications:

It reveals the nature of the present incarnation from the point of view of temperament, characteristics and way of expression one’s life energies.
It speaks about the nature of the personality life and the “equipment” brought in from previous lifetimes in order to live out the current incarnation.
It is the force field through which the personality becomes self-actualized so that an individual becomes aware of him or herself as a Self-conscious, creative being.
It reveals those indications which point to the Ray makeup of the personality.

http://www.alanoken.com/docs/Soul_purpose_Sun.htm

The Moon's position when you were born sheds light on the interior life of a person. The Moon in a chart can explain why two people with the same Sun sign can be so different. The Moon's sign, house and phase can tell you a lot about the person's emotional instincts and habits.

The Sun signs and its placement depict what others see in you, the Moon signs and its placement in the universe depicts what you see inside yourself. As Sun signs symbolize your conscious mind, moon signs symbolize your unconscious state of being. This is the reason why moon signs and their meanings are clearly seen in dreams than in your waking hours.

http://www.insightfulpsychics.com/moon-sign-astrology/

Sapphirez
21-05-2011, 05:40 AM
thank you Graelwyn! I signed up and bookmarked it. where should I go from there? I was gonna take a break from here for a while so didn't want to start delving, but from the main page I'm a little clueless where I should go next anyways..

thanks again Laura! I will have to delve deeper into the fact of Pisces being my ascendant as it makes sense but I don't know much information about it yet.
hmmm as for the Sun Sign, the only way I can think of as its purpose is that with Libra I appear more attractive and charming, thus making my soul purpose easier, like people would be more trusting of me and want to conform to what I say.. I mean, like, I want to help people help themselves.. and I desperately want people to believe what I say when I am speaking whatever truth.. I know it's a bit excessive at this time; my wanting people to follow what I say lol.. but I know that I can improve this stuff when I let go of my issues growing up.
ok so anyways, the only way I can see what the Sun Sign means is in my appearance being more welcoming for people, and my preoccupation with fairness.. I think that beyond that I don't really understand my personal meaning and also I don't really understand fully what they're saying the Sun Sign really signifies, I also am having trouble grasping the concept of the ascendant sign's meaning... do you think you could explain them further to me in laymen's terms or do you just think I should keep reading other sources until I can grasp it better? I mean not just laymen's terms, also I guess your personal findings would be helpful to me. maybe you could tell me about your sun and rising signs and what you've found out, etc.. it's up to you. actually if you are gonna do that for me, could you also do it about the Moon too lol cuz that's a little confusing for me too..

faith83
22-05-2011, 05:09 AM
I'm not great at this but ill give it a try lol
Besides my bday is 9/30 and my beloved bday is 11/29
Sun sign- libra and sag is a good match. Sag men get a bad rep but they are fun and caring men
Moon- scorpio is very intense. Very big difference from a libra moon (should be easy to figure out which describes you best). Can be more serious in love that a "typical" libra. His capricorn moon should make him alittle more stable than the average Sag. Together I would think he thinks with his head, and you with your heart.
Mercury-we have these placements too. We both have sharp tongues. Makes for good arguments...but fun convo
Venus-again you prob are attracted to passtionate, maybe mysterious men. He may be very picky in who he decides to be with seriously. Together I would think you balance well
Mars-your Sag mars should make you adventureous and love trying new things. His mars makes him come off alittle more "stick in the mud" like until he's comfortable with you. Then the real him comes out.

All in all I think the two of you should get along nicely. You probably can open him up to enjoying life a little more and not too take things so seriously. And he probably helps to ground you...again...a shot in the dark. My apologizes if I'm completely wrong lol

Sapphirez
24-05-2011, 01:34 AM
thanks Faith, that's a lovely interpretation! really cool your and your love have birthdays close to ours and other similarities and that you were able to tell me so much about our possibility separate from yours too. it makes sense to me and helps to shed some light that I was searching for =)

Sapphirez
28-05-2011, 09:09 AM
thanks for the site recommendation! astrowin is verrrry in depth!! tho it's a little daunting to me lol.. I consider myself aware of most my flaws but seeing it on paper like that was a little scary lol

eyalec
05-06-2011, 08:53 PM
It only means you share few qualities, nothing more than that. As you well know, there are 12 houses, and reciprocal influence between planets in a natal chart.

eyalec
05-06-2011, 08:59 PM
If you had the planets in same houses, or the houses in same angles or zodiac signs as well, then it would be interesting..
b.t.w. You can find reviews of astro sites offering books or readings here: wonderfulsoul.com/astrology-reviews

Sapphirez
06-06-2011, 06:41 AM
you don't think it's interesting that there are 12 signs and we each only have less than half of them? and they're the same less than half?

yes I know there's a lot more to it.. but in the simple scheme of things it seems very uncanny that this random guy whose chart I started looking up had the exact 5 signs occupying his whole chart too.