PDA

View Full Version : Context of spiritual message.

Babes
09-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Hi all,
My question is what do you feel the context of a spiritual message should be and in what order do you feel it should be given.
Babes. :D

Neville
09-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Hello Babes,

The context and the order of conveying , I tend to leave to the source of the message . At least when tuned in.

However,I do know that some inspirations arrive peice meal in the brain instantly as fully formed and complete. In those situations all we can do is put our own extant techniques of message delivery, e'g beginning/intoduction, Middle / Content and summary/re cap.

The context of these messages often seem intended to be well meaning, re assuring and uplifting and broadly speaking enriching in some way.

From what I have observed anyway :smile:

Jules
09-05-2011, 05:39 PM
The content of the message should be whatever Spirit decide to give you :). Whether that be 'good or bad'. Remember though, every message is signficant. As to what order - I give any messages in whatever order they are given, without interference from my own thoughts. it's not my message to give and interpret.

Babes
09-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Thank you both for your answers I agree with both of you, but there are mediums out there that say you should give of your communicator first and then the message that they are giving, but when I do a practice reading sometimes I don't get a communicator and yet the message is correct or other times they will let me know who they are half way thru a message.
is this acceptable.
Babes.

Jules
09-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Ok, if you're in the UK, the SNU insist you follow CERT .. communicator, evidence, reason, tie it all together...
I AM a working medium and do tend to follow this rule of thumb BUT it's upto you to work with your guides and inspirers and state clearly how you will work with them. It's a two way streak. State your intentions clearly and ask for clarity whilst your working. I always say when I'm opening up I want clear concise information - and I usually get it. Now and again the message may come first and the communicator will appear later in the read. But one thing I will say is the communicator is present at the beginning of the sitting. They just may not make themselves that known straight off. Especially if the Spirit was unsure about Mediumship whilst they were alive, or the personality of them was shy or untrusting. You'll learn through practice just remember to trust trust and trust somemore. both yourself and spirit. xxx

Babes
10-05-2011, 08:09 AM
Ok, if you're in the UK, the SNU insist you follow CERT .. communicator, evidence, reason, tie it all together...
I AM a working medium and do tend to follow this rule of thumb BUT it's upto you to work with your guides and inspirers and state clearly how you will work with them. It's a two way streak. State your intentions clearly and ask for clarity whilst your working. I always say when I'm opening up I want clear concise information - and I usually get it. Now and again the message may come first and the communicator will appear later in the read. But one thing I will say is the communicator is present at the beginning of the sitting. They just may not make themselves that known straight off. Especially if the Spirit was unsure about Mediumship whilst they were alive, or the personality of them was shy or untrusting. You'll learn through practice just remember to trust trust and trust somemore. both yourself and spirit. xxx

Thank you so much, that is what I was trying to say my teacher is from the SNU and they insist that you get the communicator, I can give a message and it is all correct but I don't always get a communicator, she makes me feel like I am doing the reading wrong so I wanted to know other peoples opinion on this.
Babes.

athribiristan
10-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Thank you so much, that is what I was trying to say my teacher is from the SNU and they insist that you get the communicator, I can give a message and it is all correct but I don't always get a communicator, she makes me feel like I am doing the reading wrong so I wanted to know other peoples opinion on this.
Babes.

Sounds like a method of control to me. I've never been a fan of people who need to control others. Rigid structure like this stifles creativity and pushes people to invent the missing information in order to feel validated. I say forget the SNU and anyone else who says you have to follow the proscribed formula.

Babes
10-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Sounds like a method of control to me. I've never been a fan of people who need to control others. Rigid structure like this stifles creativity and pushes people to invent the missing information in order to feel validated. I say forget the SNU and anyone else who says you have to follow the proscribed formula.

Thank you Athribiristan, I feel the same it is a form of control, but in England they control allot of our spiritual churches.
Babes.:D

SeekingTheShift
10-05-2011, 03:06 PM
I find it a bit amusing that anyone believes that a person can control how messages come through… that they believe that the messenger/spirit/guide can be controlled.

Hello! Spirit has free will as well, you know.

On the flip side, I have to admit that I require knowing who I am communicating with when the Guides work with me. Alas, my free will. So I can see both sides of the coin.

I don’t read for others and deeply admire people that do. Personally, I feel that it is the validation of the message that is most important.

Hugs and blessings.

konrard
10-05-2011, 03:12 PM
I feel that if a spiritual message is pleasing to the body, or identity, it is not a genuine one. The context of a good spiritual message, imo, would help people transcend thinking of things as a body.

athribiristan
10-05-2011, 04:41 PM
I feel that if a spiritual message is pleasing to the body, or identity, it is not a genuine one. The context of a good spiritual message, imo, would help people transcend thinking of things as a body.

Spirit, above all is empowering. If a thought is empowering I am willing to accept that it comes from spirit. If a though is unempowering I dismiss it out of hand.

konrard
10-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Spirit, above all is empowering. If a thought is empowering I am willing to accept that it comes from spirit. If a though is unempowering I dismiss it out of hand.

agreed. we need to give ourselves power, instead of giving it away.

Jules
10-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Babes.
You're welcome me love :). It's so difficult knowing what's right and wrong isn't it? Well, I'm going to tell you there IS no right or wrong way of working. A lot of the SNU teachers are old school Mediums. I was told off once and told I hadn't had a baby placed on my lap at the beginning of my development. I could see this baby clear as day. Sheesh. Another time I was told that I couldn't bring through an animal through as communicator, (rubbish! you can) or that Spirit wouldn't make themselves known to me to pass on a message BEFORE a reading/service. Again, rubbish. I proved that when I was doing a service at Crewe church. I was in the bath meditating before I went, Spirit came through and gave me a description of a gent, wearing a yellow jumper and a message for him. Turns out the president came to meet us as we'd got taken a wrong turning, and guess what - he was wearing the yellow jumper. The message WAS for him, made perfect sense and he was thrilled to bits coz he never used to receive them lol.

Every single medium works differently, and SNU teachers need to understand that. I can understand why they want verification of the Spirit Communicator as a LOT of people out there claim to be working mediumistically when in fact they're only working psychically. However, to me the message is just as important, if not more so at times, than the actual descriptions of the Spirit.

My advice to you is simply take what you need from the development classes. If it doesn't sit right with you, then discard it. You'll find your own way of working the more you develop and learn to trust yourself and your guides. Hope that's helped. Jue xxx

mattie
10-05-2011, 08:51 PM
There are countless types of spiritual messages. These can vary widely depending on the particular level of one’s growth process.

Always trust your gut feeling & don’t hesitate to discard a message if it seems problematic. We have the ability to vet any energies we come in contact w/.

Vetting Nonphysical Entities-
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=156097&posted=1#post156097

Jules
10-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Couldn't agree more Athribiristan. Although I will say, we all have to follow the chosen path to start off with. When it doesn't feel right any longer, that's the time to change direction.

Jules
10-05-2011, 08:55 PM
There are countless types of spiritual messages. These can vary widely depending on the particular level of one’s growth process.

Always trust your gut feeling & don’t hesitate to discard a message if it seems problematic. We have the ability to vet any energies we come in contact w/.

Vetting Nonphysical Entities-
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=156097&posted=1#post156097 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D156097%26amp%3Bposte d%3D1%23post156097)
Yes we can, but it's all part of the learning process mattie, and until you start to differrentiate between the various energies, and understand whether you're working psychically or mediumistically it's hard at the beginning of development to understand what's what.

Lynn
11-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Hello

Try getting them in Morse Code. The first one I got was in a Guided Meditation I often have pen and paper with me during them for messages. What I got that night was when I came to look at it what looked to me to be doodles.

I took the paper home and me made said it looks like a run on sentance of Morse Code.....When I looked up the code I found that while I did not leave spaces in the lines I put down there were clear words there. I had a message in full.

Other times I have been given messages in what turned out to be Russian. ( I had a friend translate ). So its not what we get or how we get it that matters, but more that a Spirit chose us to relay the message too. I always feel blessed to be given that place with them even if the message has not a home I can find for it or is complete in how I get it.

I do post them from time to time. At times I do have someone that says OMG that goes to me thanks.

The most touching one I had was from a Soldier killed in action. I posted it on a memorial site for Soldiers and this member read it and passed it along to one she knew that lost her Son feeling I had him make contact with me. She got in contact with me and I was able to give her a full reading from her Son. She said it was the nicest GIFT he could have ever given to her, yet when I got the message I was like HOW do I find whom its for, or do I invade that private space.

So we are given messages at times for reasons we might not at the time understand....but we are CHOOSEN by that Sprit to get them I so feel.

Lynn

Energyatwork
18-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Something i learnt many years ago was that when you seek to control the energy than that energy is no longer pure from Source. Why? because you the human being have taken control of what is to happen so the Source/Spirit will step back and allow you to do just that. The secret is to truly work in harmony with Spirit.

If you choose to be in control the energy or message that you use/give will originate in the Astral/4th dimension which is a place to be avoided. Although i suspect that a great many mediums clairvoyants work in the Astral or very close to it that is why they take all kinds of precautions.
But i wonder how many times have you seen an individual who tells you that they work with Spirit and yet look almost haunted. If any kind of 'giver of messages' truly works with Spirit then that Spirit shines through them (and the message) it is unmistakeable! Authenticity is vital in any aspect of spirituality; any form of control does not allow authentic Spirit any expression at all.
Steve