PDA

View Full Version : Forum needs more posts...

Coming2
07-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Hi all!!

I was just curious why there are not more posts in this forum. I find it interesting and actually a bit sad that more people do not post their experiences and/or come back once someone posts. There are many threads but the people who post them never come back. So what do you think is the problem. Gosh knows that many of us deal with this. Just wondering!! Perhaps we all could make a conscious effort to post more in this forum.

Silver
07-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Good question/observation, Coming2. Maybe in spite of how open the membership is, there's still concern about being viewed as crazy and stuff like that...?

blackraven
07-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi all!!

I was just curious why there are not more posts in this forum. I find it interesting and actually a bit sad that more people do not post their experiences and/or come back once someone posts. There are many threads but the people who post them never come back. So what do you think is the problem. Gosh knows that many of us deal with this. Just wondering!! Perhaps we all could make a conscious effort to post more in this forum.

Coming2 - I talked about my haunted house to great extend on another forum and was basically treated like I was crazy, and the moderator debunked my experiences. So I am reluctant to talk about my experiences with the paranormal anymore. I don't want to get a reputation on this forum if that is the perception of those with paranormal experiences anyway. But boy could I tell you some stories. It's interesting that you brought up this issue because I've thought the same thing about this area of the forum and figured other people have the same fears. :icon_eek:

Blackraven

Coming2
07-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Silver!!! Hi Blackraven.....

I completely understand where the 2 of you are coming from but I am hoping that the people who come to this specific forum would be more open minded about what is being shared. Personally, I dont care what other people think about me. I know what has happened to me and what other people have gone through. I wish this forum was tighter because people really do need the support.Again, of course I understand the reluctance of folks to share this stuff with others because of the reactions some people have. The naysayers make it hard for us to continue sharing.

Black I wont think you are crazy and the ones who do...forget about them. There is always and I mean always someone who has something negative to say.

Silver is there anything we can do to produce more participation in here?? Maybe a contest or something?? Weirdest experience or best ghost story OR scariest ghost hunt.....Just a thought...maybe just ask other forums for more participation??

Spiritlite
07-05-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm with you in past forums I've been with people really focus on your thoughts I'm just thinking there are so many threads and posts that it's hard to do so just my opinion,
Spiritlite.

Silver
07-05-2011, 09:26 PM
I believe that before the forum crashed big, I had shared some experiences on myspace so it got lost. Personally, I had always tended to share my more personal experiences on mythread (now called Going for the Gold) but I don't recall if I re-did specific spooky ones on the new one. I think this forum is surprisingly tight-knit but it's still wide open.

I'd just like to encourage people to share maybe the experiences they've had that they feel the most comfortable sharing and go from there...

Verunia
07-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Before the huge crash, there were more posts/posters I believe. A lot of members disbanded from there. I've been here for over a year and have seen quite a few changes to the feeling and state of the forum in the time I've been here.

MYFIGO
07-05-2011, 10:18 PM
I've wondered why there wasn't more posts here too but I chalked it up to the acceptance of the paranormal to the extent that it doesn't even seem paranormal anymore. I guess I figured everyone was used to it. I do try to watch this section for people who are having a hard time dealing with their experiences and try to help them deal with fear.

blackraven
07-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Silver!!! Hi Blackraven.....

I completely understand where the 2 of you are coming from but I am hoping that the people who come to this specific forum would be more open minded about what is being shared. Personally, I dont care what other people think about me. I know what has happened to me and what other people have gone through. I wish this forum was tighter because people really do need the support.Again, of course I understand the reluctance of folks to share this stuff with others because of the reactions some people have. The naysayers make it hard for us to continue sharing.

Black I wont think you are crazy and the ones who do...forget about them. There is always and I mean always someone who has something negative to say.

Silver is there anything we can do to produce more participation in here?? Maybe a contest or something?? Weirdest experience or best ghost story OR scariest ghost hunt.....Just a thought...maybe just ask other forums for more participation??

Thanks Coming2 for the strong encouragement. You're right that I shouldn't care what people think of me. I guess my feelings have been hurt or ego has been bruised, but that shouldn't stop me from sharing real stories with people that have obvious interest in this area of the forum. When I gather my thoughts I will share some stories. Verunia is right that there were more 'open posters' in this area before the SF system crash. Not sure why people didn't come back strong in this area. Maybe because their stories were already told before? But there are lots of new people on the forum with new stories. Let's hear 'em peeps! :D

Summerland
07-05-2011, 10:53 PM
I rarely post here anymore and some people know why and 98% do not.
Most people join a "spiritual" forum to talk about those things that they believe and to share those feelings and emotions with others who are like minded. Before the crash that sense was disappearing from here. After the crash, there was still something amiss. I noticed it as did others.
How can you share openly and truthfully when a member comes in who has completely no intention of asking open minded questions, but only to make you feel as though you have to defend your experience or belief ?? Regardless of how many different ways that you try to explain it you are still ridiculed. If I want to be ridiculed and mocked I will go on some Fox news site. If they want science based facts, then why are they not on some science forum?
The only reason that I added this is because it was brought up here. I still check in once or twice daily to see if there is someone I would like to reach out to with my thoughts privately, so as to not to invite the "Prove it" and the "How ridiculous can you be!" So I am still a member unless I get the boot. I have made a couple of posts and slipped back out unnoticed. I miss the exchange of ideas with others who allow me my beliefs without ridicule, but I won't be mocked. Not trying to sound uppity, but this used to be my safe haven once upon a time....

Triner
07-05-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm a newbie here. I haven't really thought about posting much in this forum. I've had a few paranormal, ghostly encounters. I'll share them here.

One thing with paranormal ghostly stuff, there's so much on the telly now about it... Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, Paranormal State, The Haunted, Hauntings,.. and what ever more there are. Those are just the one's the pop off the top of my head. It could that there's a bit of saturation with the whole topic. JMHO.

Trace
15-05-2011, 07:24 AM
Dont worry Coming2, I will keep posting on my experiences. I have been ghost investigating for about 6 or 7 years now and have much evidence. Its a bit like a no win situation. You see, I am fully aware of the spiritual side to investigating but at the same time, I love the scientific evidence as well so because I am of two minds, I dont get full attention from either. Yes , Ive been treated like a mad airhead from the paranormal fraternity and when I talk of ghosts in the spiritual fraternity, I am often frowned upon.

What a lot of people dont realise is that apart from residual energy apparitions, intelligent spirits are no different really from spirits of a higher realm. They still behave like any other human spirit and they have emotions, memories and opinions. They are often treated like scum and its just so wrong. We dont have any right to do that. We shouldnt be judgemental, its not our place. What they need is to be listened to, respected no matter what and not to be judged. Its the onlly way that any progress can be made with them. We are as living people, in a position to help these souls. I k now for a fact because I have had this experience. I have been told many times by people callign themselves spiritual, to stop associating with these spirit people. I cannot understand why. I sincerely want to help these souls if I can and I would like to think that someone cared enough to help me if I was in the same situation. I dont fully understand how it is with them, but I am willing to learn and the only way that I learn is continuing to do what I do. Some can call me a nut if they want but I am thick skinned and I know what I know and no one can change that for me.
My association with the spirit that I talk about on here can be backed up with hard evidence. I have it. I have it in the way of EVP, photos and video.That sort of stuff doesnt really matter to me anymore though. It kind of loses its importance. The most important thing is that you know and believe yourself in what yoiu have been shown and you are the most important person and that is what counts.

Lightspirit
15-05-2011, 07:56 AM
Most people join a "spiritual" forum to talk about those things that they believe and to share those feelings and emotions with others who are like minded. Before the crash that sense was disappearing from here. After the crash, there was still something amiss. I noticed it as did others.
How can you share openly and truthfully when a member comes in who has completely no intention of asking open minded questions, but only to make you feel as though you have to defend your experience or belief ?? Regardless of how many different ways that you try to explain it you are still ridiculed. If I want to be ridiculed and mocked I will go on some Fox news site. If they want science based facts, then why are they not on some science forum?
The only reason that I added this is because it was brought up here. I still check in once or twice daily to see if there is someone I would like to reach out to with my thoughts privately, so as to not to invite the "Prove it" and the "How ridiculous can you be!" So I am still a member unless I get the boot. I have made a couple of posts and slipped back out unnoticed. I miss the exchange of ideas with others who allow me my beliefs without ridicule, but I won't be mocked. Not trying to sound uppity, but this used to be my safe haven once upon a time.... don worry while you are wasting time with someone who may not want to know what you know you are taking time away from another who is interested.

Proving spiritual things- Only science people and non theists attempt that.
lol you dont bother Its like teaching the blind person what the colors of the sky. they will never see it.
Unfortunately I have noticed on forums some people say disagreeable things looking for attention.

you learn not to worry.

mattie
15-05-2011, 08:34 AM
I wonder if lack of posts in this category is due to these para... & super... experiences becoming more normal events? The concept of ghosts instead of nonphysical beings seems somewhat dated terminology from another era.

It may be that these energetic things are increasingly viewed more as regular experiences that everyone will have as they expand their consciousness & not something weird or extra, so people are not inclined to use this category.

I wonder if the category was retitled to something such as ‘Energetic Experiences & Nonphysical Beings & Clair...’ or something that moves past the idea of these experiences being odd (para..., super...) if it would receive more posts?

norseman
15-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Mattie, you hit the nail on the head there. Supernatural - an oxymoron if I ever heard one ! There is nothing outside of Nature, the universe. Every phenomenon observed in this world is of this world. Even Paranormal means normal effects that lie at the extremes of the statistical curve - perhaps Rare Phenomena would be better. Ghosts ! - a word used to frighten children ! This world has it's share of Nature Spirits who have always been with us and our ancestors were much more accepting of them as natural. Sorry to have to say this but much of this strange attitude belongs to the days of Newtonian science, the days of Certainty and Objective proof. Science, itself, blew that thinking out of the water beginning with Heisenberg and the adoption of Uncertainty as a major factor in this universe. Perhaps it is time for the language to catch up.

Scibat
15-05-2011, 07:59 PM
The only reason that I added this is because it was brought up here. I still check in once or twice daily to see if there is someone I would like to reach out to with my thoughts privately, so as to not to invite the "Prove it" and the "How ridiculous can you be!" So I am still a member unless I get the boot. I have made a couple of posts and slipped back out unnoticed. I miss the exchange of ideas with others who allow me my beliefs without ridicule, but I won't be mocked. Not trying to sound uppity, but this used to be my safe haven once upon a time....

I am a skeptic and a science oriented person (really we're not all bad!), but I have noticed what you described here myself. Some people here seem to go out of their way to bash the beliefs of others, then mask it as something like "challenging their beliefs" or some other hogwash, when in reality its a thinly veiled jab at what that person holds sacred.

That being said, I always try to be as respectful and compassionate as possible when discussing something I may be skeptical of. Just because I think I know the reality of something, doesn't mean I necessarily do. I don't pretend to know how the universe really operates, but there are some egotistical types here that have the notion they KNOW everything about everything and anyone else here is wrong.

Personally I think that report button should be used more often in these instances, as their are rules against being rude or disrespectful to other members here, and I would think ridiculing someone's sacredly held beliefs would definitely qualify. If people don't feel safe posting their experiences here anymore for fear of harassment by other members (lets call it what it is) then something is definitely awry.

Anyway regarding the original subject of this thread, I am sort of an amateur ghost hunter (I don't mean hunt in a negative way -- Investigator might be a better term.). and I would love to hear about any experiences other SF members have had. I can promise I will not judge, ridicule or think you crazy, I would just be grateful to hear your stories here. If you have pictures, videos or EVPs you'd like to share that would be even better. :color:

Trace
16-05-2011, 12:20 AM
I'm not sure if I can link this on here but here goes anyway. These EVP were taken over the last couple of year by myself sing a Sony dvr with voice up option. Usually there were no more than 5 of us present. I go to this place a lot and many of these spirits know us now. There are also woman and children in this gaol as originally there were transported woman and there children in the gaol as well. Up the top of B wing are very low level spirits, hence being called w *****s. The energy up there makes me feel very nauseous and I have actually vomited twice up there. Some of these you may not hear well as they were so soft I had to clean them up a bit. I always know where they are though because after a while you get used to where they are and you can hear exactly what is said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj3ULzZ7WJQ

Trace
16-05-2011, 12:52 AM
I'm not sure if I can link this on here but here goes anyway. These EVP were taken over the last couple of year by myself sing a Sony dvr with voice up option. Usually there were no more than 5 of us present. I go to this place a lot and many of these spirits know us now. There are also woman and children in this gaol as originally there were transported woman and there children in the gaol as well. Up the top of B wing are very low level spirits, hence being called w *****s. The energy up there makes me feel very nauseous and I have actually vomited twice up there. Some of these you may not hear well as they were so soft I had to clean them up a bit. I always know where they are though because after a while you get used to where they are and you can hear exactly what is said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj3ULzZ7WJQ

Trace
16-05-2011, 01:05 AM
Sorry I posted the same reply twice.

Something I must mention which is interesting is in regard to the EVP "MARK SWEENEY" which is towards the end. After I made this public I had a reply from a man who works at another gaol. He listened to this and he said he thought that it wasnt Mark Sweeney but "Father Sweeney"
He is knowledgable in some of the inmates at other gaols and he was legally able to tell me about this Father Sweeney because he is no longer alive and not been for a little while. He told me that this man was an inmate at this gaol where I got the evp and that he had been gaoled for molesting young boys. He had died but not at the gaol, after he had been released and was quite old. I looked up on the net and its quite true. I dotn know if this is power of suggestion but as soon as I listened to it again I can hear FATHER SWEENEY. Now it has my mind wondering if just because he was released, he has in his afterlife put himself back into his own punishment or hell for what he did through guilt maybe. This is why I feel that people create their own hell.

Bluegreen
16-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Although it says pathfinder under my name, I am still a newbie here. So if I post something that has already been posted, it is because reading all the threads would take at least a year.

Has anyone ever heard of The Case for the Afterlife, a book written by an Australian lawyer, Victor Zammit, who researched the subject? You will find it here:

http://www.victorzammit.com/book/

Summerland
16-05-2011, 02:45 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj3ULzZ7WJQ (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatc h%3Fv%3DUj3ULzZ7WJQ)

The voice that all four of you heard is a very dangerous sounding entity.
Do you have a lot of "Ghost Buster " teams in Oz? Are there very many haunted areas?

BlueSky
16-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Maybe the forum quiets down when peoples minds quiet down. It's probably a good thing!
James

Scibat
16-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Although it says pathfinder under my name, I am still a newbie here. So if I post something that has already been posted, it is because reading all the threads would take at least a year.

Has anyone ever heard of The Case for the Afterlife, a book written by an Australian lawyer, Victor Zammit, who researched the subject? You will find it here:

http://www.victorzammit.com/book/ (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.victorzammit.com%2 Fbook%2F)

I am on his mailing list actually, mostly because he sometimes has interesting links to various quantum theories about consciousness and the afterlife. Some of the things he asserts aren't bad and make you think, however there are a few things he really believes are evidence that I flat out don't buy. (Like physical mediumship -- The whole 19th Century thing: spewing ectoplasm, making musical instruments fly around the room and play.)

Trace
17-05-2011, 05:30 AM
Scibat - yeah have the book here at home and receive his newsletters. He is based in Sydney.

Summerland - there would be a few not so nice spirits in that place seeing its a gaol. I know the one who keeps calling us *****s is not nice. Not really sure about the one that we all heard audibly. We have all heard the little girl audibly but she is fine and we take her a doll each time. Sometimes the audible male voices can sound like a growl but they are not, its just a deep voice. That can lead to to think that they are nasty.

We have a lot of ghost investigating groups in Oz.

Coming2
17-05-2011, 05:29 PM
I am so glad to see so many posts!!! I have to agree that there are a lot of naysayers out there but I would like to think that the core group of people on this site who have been here for years have a deep respect and understanding of other peoples beliefs, thoughts and feelings. I am in the mindset that if something doesnt jive with me I just wont post. When I first got to the forum there was a member that completely got under my skin. I got so tired of the preaching and the "I have all the answers" posts. It was driving me mad!! lol...Thank goodness for other members who just reminded me that there is an ignore button in your profile section. Now I dont even know if they are still a member!! lol

Someone mentioned something about Ghost Shows and the fact that the vale is so thin that Ghostly encounters are pretty mainstream....I agree with that but it would make me think it would be even more reasons to post your experiences. Lets hope that we can revive this forum. I feel it is so important for those people who are fearful of what is going on and who feel alone in their struggles. They need a rallying team to encourage them....so please keep an open mind and remember that what might be neat to you might be terrifying to someone else.....

Love and Light~

jazz
23-05-2011, 05:04 PM
hi ghost & hauntings forum is defo my fave place i always look here 1st ,,i have also noticed that theres not many postings too ,,, i have put my experiances on and would really, really love to hear other ppls experiances too,,,, lets hope it gets going again i miss it xx love lite and rainbows miss jazz b x

astroboy
23-05-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm having a hard time reading all the new posts by the minute. In my opinion, this is a very active forum and being a moderator isn't easy here. Salute to 'em all.

~ astroboy ~