PDA

View Full Version : why don't my crystals work for me!

Roselove
23-04-2011, 01:03 PM
i cleanse them, i try to charge them under moon and sun, they don't do anything lol, is there something i'm missing? am i supposed to program them?

Kaere
23-04-2011, 01:23 PM
How is it you're trying to use them? I mean, are you using them during meditation or are you simply putting them in an area close to you? How are you expecting them to work - are you looking to feel something from them?

innerlight
23-04-2011, 01:56 PM
i cleanse them, i try to charge them under moon and sun, they don't do anything lol, is there something i'm missing? am i supposed to program them?

Yes, you are supposed to program them with your intentions of how you are to use them.

LightFilledHeart
23-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Crystals can be consciously programmed with intent, or can be used to bring in the natural vibrations of the individual stone. Often people will pair, for example, quartz crystal (or in the case of jewelry a Herkimer diamond, due to the fact that they are small, very reflective, and quite powerful for their size!) with another gem stone. For example, I have a lovely necklace that pairs a Herkimer with a small (maybe an eigth of a carot) saphire. The Herkimer strengthens and amplified the qualities of the saphire to that of one much larger in size.

Because they have a tendancy to pick up the emotional holdings and vibrational frequencies in their midst (which they then amplify), if you buy gemstones or crystals, whether in the form of jewelry or their natural state, it is wise to cleanse them vibrationally before wearing on or placing them near your body, because they will have picked up the frequencies of the various clerks and shoppers in their environment who have admired and handled them.

There are many methods for energetic cleansing, all of which I've found to be of equal value, but there is none so simple and effective as merely clearing them with breath and intent. You simply hold the stone or crystal in front of your mouth and mentally state your intent to clear them of all residual energy picked up from others. Then you issue three short breaths out your mouth towards the crystal. At that time you may also choose to program the crystal with whatever you choose. You do that the same way... simply by mentally stating your intent and then issueing three short "HA" breaths towards the crystal held in front of your mouth.

Other ways of clearing are to pass through solutions of water and sea salt, to place overnight in the moonlight, or to set out in the sunshine. No one method works any better than another. Choose the one that feels best to you.

Smiler
23-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Hi Rosewater.

Try re-cleansing one at a time in water whist visualizing the water as bright as a white moon.. then stand out side and lift one to the sun light..
( Make sure that you are peaceful and light first okay)
As you hold the crystal up..ask with love that the being in the crystal be awaken for the purest good intent...lol ..I heard this and tried it ..I was really surprised by the spark of light as I look in the crystal while asking.
(I actually dont work with crystals personally..but I love them).
Then every time you feel happy ...hold your crystal charging it up with love and sealing the energy in..like an invisible door way that opens and closes.

Hope this helps
:) xo

Roselove
23-04-2011, 03:21 PM
thank you everyone! will try suggestions hope they work

kaere - i try to medidate with it and hold it in certain places

Kaere
23-04-2011, 03:31 PM
kaere - i try to medidate with it and hold it in certain places

Then the effects may be more subtle than you're expecting - you may not really notice any changes in yourself for a few days or weeks. I have good luck sleeping with a crystal under my pillow (between the pillow and pillowcase so it doesn't get lost) - I find a lot of healing dreams come to me when I do that.

Crystals work differently for all of us. One person might feel vibrations when they hold one in their hand, another may not. Or someone might work better with the raw untouched stone (like me) while another person has better success with a smooth finished tumbled stone. It's very individual.

Roselove
23-04-2011, 03:32 PM
i see thanks

grue21
23-04-2011, 03:52 PM
crystlas like placebo drugs, or charms and talismans work because of the belief you place in them. If you dont believe they will work then they wont. the collours of crystals, thier shapes and visual beauty can stimulate strong emotions and feelings in the mind. they can in essence give you the 'state of mind' to heal your body or evoke change in your life.

Dawn
08-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Seems like Kaere covered this the best. <3

Grue, that's not entirely true.
I actually tested this out with my mom a few years back. Long story short, she'd hit something of a rough patch emotionally so, I placed a few specific stones and crystals between the mattresses of her bed, and on the back of the one chair she always sits in, as well as said a prayer, asking for some help with this.

Suffice it to say, she was in something of a better mood for the next day. Quite a noticable difference (though, not like she went from being suicidally depressed to suddenly hyper happy because of their energy, but she was just happier, felt more relaxed and I could see it). Not a huge OMG! difference, but I could tell. Nothing at all had changed about her situation or her surroundings. No outside stimuli that would make a difference. Only me doing that.

Of course, not everyone may notice such prominent, immediate effects. Sometimes stones and crystals effect us subtly, in quiet ways that we don't notice. Others are prominent, giving us a clearer state of mind, a 'lighter' feeling in our heart.

Everyone is more than welcomed to believe that stones, crystals, colors, and candles may or may not affect them, that they actively change the energy around a person, or do nothing at all except 'look pretty' and make us change our own state of mind and think that they're doing something when they're not. And that's totally okay. What is is what is. Doesn't matter if you have belief, faith, disbelieve, or hate for it, if you know about it or not. It just 'is'.

Nothing but love and light to you all.
http://www.belazier.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/big-red-heart-thumbnail.jpg

Spiritlite
08-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Also when you pick them up do you actually feel a connection to them. I only buy crystals if it's really calling out. So for example if I want a citrine I won't just buy any citrine I will actually check out it's energy if not for me then I'll wait. Same when I buy online, I don't buy randomly.
Maybe too are you trying too hard? when I try to get to know a crystal of mine I also sleep near it at nightime.
Good luck :)
Spiritlite.

Sungirl
08-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Rosewater

this is just my opinion here... rather than "cleansing, charging, programming" simply meditate with the stone. Let go of any idea of what you want to happen, let go of any desire to control the stone by programming it... just sit and listen.

If it is a stone you have chosen intuitively (rather than because a book told you that was the one you need) it will have a message for you.

See the stone as a person you have never met. Ask questions and listen to the answers. If none come accept that they are quiet, or that you aren't yet tuned in to their accent.

I found forcing it made things work less. Screwing up my eyes and concentrating didn't work... sitting quietly with an open mind works so much better. It's like those 3d pictures that look like just dots to start with... you have to relax your eyes to see them.. listening to crystals is the same.

I don't feel energy very much, I don't feel heat or tingling with crystals like some say they do.... but I do get emotions at times.

I also trust that, even if I don't feel anything, that the stone is doing what it needs to do, as it is, without "cleansing, charging and programming"

Moonkestrel
12-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Great advice tilia!

Rosewater - the harder you try and the more you worry about notfeeling anything, the less likely you are to feel anything...typical eh?

Relax into it and empty your head of expectations....go with the flow and see what happens. Wishing you much love and luck on your journey. xxx