PDA

View Full Version : Dejavu

cweiters
07-11-2006, 02:33 PM
This morning I was driving to work thinking about things some of you have said on SF. All of us sudden here it come, another dejavu, silly me alway trying to remember where have I heard this or seen this before. Sometimes this is annoying.

Can someone please explaine dejavu? Am I connecting with a past life experience or am I just in order with divinity?

It happens all the time I use to spend hours trying to recall the memory, now I just release it knowing I'll never recall the experience.

Love
cw

iLLER T
08-11-2006, 08:09 AM
Oooh ooooh! I'm interested if anyone can explain or just give their thoughts.

The weird thing about my dejavu's... They happen, and I feel as though I've actually already had the experience of having the experience (The event- the dejavu - [and the one I'm always recalling] the dejavu of the dejavu). I have my dejavu, but I already remember having the experience of remembering that dejavu.

It's like I remember that same situation through three sets of eyes or something. That was sooo difficult to explain. Does that make sense?

forgetful
08-11-2006, 12:13 PM
cweiters, I truly feel deja vu is in order with the divine. Please, just keep trusting.

iLLER T, I know exactly what you are speaking of. In fact I became aware of every thought so much that I could not discern what came first 'thought' or 'perception'. This is of course is nonsense even a forum like this, but the Buddha and the Mind that dictated ACIM-Jesus Christ. Say, that perception is of the ego and unreal.

These are my own thoughts about thoughts. Buddha said the body is not the mind and the mind is not the body. ACIM says the body doesn't even exist in the "Present" and the mind is not in the body. I have a question for all of you. Has any of you became so happy that you forgot the body and were merely a feeling? Have you ever became so joyous that you found your thoughts didn't even come from you? That your thoughts didn't even belong to you? That they were a guide to service?

BLAIR2BE
08-11-2006, 11:33 PM
well, when we get into the subject of deja vu, it can get deep...
could deja vu have something to do with time?? with something biological??

here a a couple of theories i have come across....

*we have two eyes. they transmit information independently to the brain to construct a singular image. what if the signal from one eye were to arrive at the brain one fraction of a second later that the signal from the other eye? the first signal would be recorded into memory, and then the second signal would arrive, recording the info and "reflecting" that this info has already been recorded, (very strange says the brain) apply that hypothesis to other senses.....

*time loops (or spirals), one experiences the same things repeadedly for god knows how many times. deja vu (or a primal "memory" emerges at random, from time to time.....

*collective consiousness (or hundreth monkey syndrome), as one may "remember" what another has already experienced (oneness or collectiveness <collective oneness?>)

kundalini
08-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Hi all,

Interesting theories Blair2be and very possibly one of them is correct but my own belief of deja vu indicates that when one experiences that state that one is on the right path in life.

Kundalini.

BLAIR2BE
08-11-2006, 11:54 PM
in my opinion it is not quite as simple as it may seem to identify "true" deja vu. we all experience millions of instances in time. so it is quite possible that one may "repeat" certain moments or instances and yet be unable to retrieve such a mundane, timestamped memories. this would not be deja vu. hence the difficulty in identifying deja vu from some forgotten, ordinary, monotonous experience in time. i can almost understand your belief, kundalini; not enough information though...

BLAIR2BE
09-11-2006, 03:47 AM
i left out the word "not" above, which totally changed the statement. i have now edited. sooorrry

woops, wrong again (deja vu?). the word NOT was unneccesary. re-edited. everything is cool im cool everything is cool, i promise......

Mother Goose
09-11-2006, 03:50 AM
Scientific explanations:

[QUOTE]
Neural theories
In the late 19th and early 20th Centuries, it was widely believed that d

forgetful
09-11-2006, 09:07 AM
About my post, it was only in intense long deja vu's that I became confused like that and it has been years since I was as happy as I described in that post. I didn't realize till maybe a week ago that my own beliefs and goals were ridiculous to most on this forum. I am done posting no reason except time-wise. I would like to add some things though to clear up some of my beliefs.

Remember the "higher than angels" article? Lord Buddha awakened and went beyond the Devas (Angels) and Brahmas (Gods). It is told they would come and visit Him asking questions only the Buddha had knowledge about. Buddha said everyone is a potential Buddha. Jesus Christ Himself said "Is it not written in your own Law, 'I have said, ye are Gods'?" referring to psalms 82:6 (you can take that any way you please for they have answers to all questions)

Gospel of Judas

Jesus said, "[come], that I may teach about [secrets] no person [has] ever seen. For there exists a great and boundless realm, whose extent no generation of angels has seen, [in which] there is [a] great invisible [spirit], which no eye of an angel has ever seen, no thought of the heart has ever comprehended, and it was never called by any name.

Gospel of Thomas

Jesus said, "This heaven will pass away and the one above it will pass away. The dead are not alive, and the living will not die. During the days when you ate what is dead, you made it come alive. When you are in the light, what will you do? On the day when you were one, you became two." (Perception, little children, it is only possible in duality. God is the All in All. There is no separation in HIM. You think that is scary? It is joy it is love. It is oneness without end)

Jesus said, "I will give you what no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, what no hand has touched, what has not arisen in the human heart."

The disciples said to Jesus, "tell us, how our end will come?"
Jesus said, "Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is."

Jesus said, "Whoever has come to know the world has discovered a carcass, and whoever has discovered a carcass, of the person the world is not worthy"

Gospel of Philip

"Light and darkness, life and death, right and left, are brothers of one another. They are inseperable. Because of this neither are the good good, nor the evil evil, nor is life life, nor death death. For this reason each one will dissolve into its earliest origin. But those who are exalted above the world are indissoluble, eternal."

"One single name is not uttered in the world, the name which the Father gave to the Son; it is the name above all things: the name of the Father. For the Son would not become Father unless he wore the name of the Father. Those who have this name know it, but they do not speak it. But those who do not have it do not know it."

"Those who say the Lord died first and [then] rose up are in error, for he rose up first and [then] died."

"The Father" and "the Son" are single names; "the Holy Spirit" is a double name. For they are everywhere: they are above, they are below; they are in the concealed, they are in the revealed. The Holy spirit is in the revealed: it is below. It is in the concealed: it is above."

"Faith recieves, love gives. No one will be able to recieve without faith. No one will be able to give without love. Because of this, in order that we may indeed receive, we believe, and in order that we may love, we give, since if one gives without love, he has no profit from what he given."

"Compare the Sons of God: wherever they may be, they still have value in the eyes of their Father."

"Those who say, "there is a heavenly man and there is one above him" are wrong. For it is the first of these two heavenly men, the one who is revealed, that they call "the one who is below"; and he to whom the hidden belongs is that one who is above him. For it would be better for them to say, "The inner and outer, and what is outside the outer." Because of this, the Lord called destruction "the outer darkness": there is not another outside of it. He said, "My Father who is in secret" (matthew 6:6). He said, "Go into your chamber and shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father who is in secret", the One who is within them all. But that which is within them all is the fullness. Beyond it, there is nothing else within it. This is that of which they say, "that which is above them."

the reason why I bolded that verse is because it needs to be understood, if you cannot understand that verse your "spirituality" is but a sophisticated version of the old testament and its god. And it is truly sad that you still fear like that. It is but death you are waiting for, right? But whatever, time is meaningless to Eternity.

Buddha had this to say about beliefs based in fear: "Gripped by fear men go to the sacred mountains, sacred groves, sacred trees and shrines"

I completely agree

forgetful
09-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Please remember you are not here for yourself only an ego can think like that. The Buddha himself showed his disciples they couldn't attain the highest state in Buddhahood by ignoring the suffering of others in the six lower realms. Is Jesus Christ going to forget anyone? Do you really believe that? I hope not or your just a religious fundamentalist.

Enlightener
09-11-2006, 11:08 AM
I got lazy and only read the first few posts, so forgive me if someone has already said this, but...

When you are dreaming your are travelling into diiferent realities, ones that you have created, and ones that you will experience, sometimes you travel in time to future realities that you are going to experience. Thus! deja vu...you have come to the moment on the timeline of your life in which you had previously dreamt about and viola! deja vu.

That's my 2c.

Enlightener

dreamer
09-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Or maybe this is a film that you have seen before, and you liked it so much that you wanted to see it again, the ending is brilliant after all.

cweiters
09-11-2006, 04:10 PM
We all are one I love the thought of being in the past, present and future at the same time. A place where all earthly meaning has no value, I have experiencee only a glance of such a place. Time can not be measured neither can good, evil, life or death, wisdom, or the lack of. A continuious sound or harmony, millions of voices singing as one sound no musical instruments needed. No need to measure, count, or even try to anylize anything when its all so majestic................no need for dejavu.

Just another attempt to put these vissions into words, if only all could feel this feeling.

Love all
cw

dreamer
09-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Well put cw, maybe when you feel it all the time, all will feel it with you? If we are one, then you are one, whatever you feel we all feel, your soul is my soul, heal the soul and we heal the whole maybe?

cweiters
09-11-2006, 07:42 PM
YES! YES! YES! I LOVE............IT!

LOVE
cw

dreamer
13-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Theres no getting away from it and any~one can take the reigns if they have a mind to, how could it be any other way?

Enlightener
14-11-2006, 01:29 AM
If your feeling a constant, impermutable joy...then that is the same as what I am feeling. So good, so good.

eNlighjter - Love and light

FRANK789
14-11-2006, 02:34 PM
Hey Forgetful, I read these post's on deja vu and thought I'd give account of my thoughts and experience .

WOW! The subject of d

Enlightener
15-11-2006, 05:01 AM
I had a strange deja vu experience a few years back. I had got out all my dad's records from the 60's and 70's and as I was listening to them I had this strange feeling that I had heard them all before, a kind of familiarity.

Enlightener

dreamer
15-11-2006, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=FRANK789]Hey Forgetful, I read these post's on deja vu and thought I'd give account of my thoughts and experience .

WOW! The subject of d

bodylisious32
15-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Receantly i made a very good friend, at least i thought i did, more a aquaintence with a twist, me a lady he a gentleman, mirror image of circumstances, reflected off our past life not so very far ago.........
Not mentioning any names in this, because its erelevant,
anyway we both suffered the biggest DE-JA-VU on each others existance, a reminder of mixed emotions, opening past wounds, etc......
At first you would think hmmmmmmmm what a co-incedence but then it all got a little too weird, everythink about us, was mirroring to the point he thought i was another women, the stranger twist to this is, it also crossed my mind only for a breif time, could he be another man also,
We was brought together for very unknown reasons , but talked for sometime, our freindship has now disolved...not my doing may i add, i have just lost a good friend , and yet he doesnt even realise that.

I HAVE JUST WITNESSED THE WORST CASE OF DE-JA-VU IN MY LIFE EVER,
This as caused great unsettlement,
Underneath i enclose a poem i receantly wrote for this man, to help him come to terms with past life.......... i feel its right for this post as its based on DE-JA-VU

TWO PEOPLE

Two people, are brought together to share,
A memory so special, to both him and to her,
A moment in time ,each one will agree,
She mirrors her, and he mirrors he,
These souls have been brought together,
For a momentry glance back at fear,
A test that centres them both.....
Speaking words they dont wish to hear,
Its time to let go, of past life and past pain,
Erase and rewind, never to repeat again,
A lesson , so hard so empty and cruel,
But with true love , there is no rule,
We have memories, that will carry us through,
Good times we shared, and some times blue,
When one is imprinted on ones heart,
There there till death until they part...
Live in love , walk in light ,
Knowing that things will get bright ,
For that one day, when you meet and when,
If so we shud ever repeat again,
Think about what lesson you learnt ,
And how true love got your fingers burnt,
Hold in your heart, and dont let go,
The one you have, the one you know,
Chords are linked and cant be severed ,
Unless you have access too,
but some times even when the chords are cut,
it just attacthes back to you,

MUCH LOVE AND LIGHT AND PROTECTION,
XXXKERIXXX.

Nighttemplar
25-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Bodylisious.
That is a fascinating story and very similar to an experience I had. Maybe my experience will help you understand why your friend reacted so badly.

Some hurts go very deep, so deep they can only be expressed in poetry or by release through writing. Writing can be a very theraputic way of bringing out ones fears and past hurts.

Deja Vu is a form of 'linking' two people can link and send messages to each other. If both are hurting then it might be that they end up reinforcing each others hurt. I deeply suspect this is what has happened to you. You and your friend have linked to the point of reawakening thoughts long buried and deeply buried. The fear of a repeat painful experience can simply be too much in some cases.
Try to forgive ur friend and try to understand him. I think he thought the hurt had gone away, but you reminded him--NOT UR FAULT! Linking causing Deja-Vu would be enough to send him back into hiding, writing poetry and perhaps writing his novel/book.
In time he may risk further contact, but you must move on an 'LIVE' your life.

I hope I have been helpful.
Night/Gandalf/Peter

bodylisious32
26-11-2006, 12:00 AM
Im sorry Night,
BUT THIS ISNT JUST A STORY THIS IS A REALITY.....

I am getting on with my life, i have walked away from much worst, this is merley a drop in the ocean for me..........

BUT THANKYOU ALL THE SAME.
XXXKERIXXX.

B-shaa
02-12-2006, 02:55 AM
I was told that it's because you review your life before you incarnate and having a dejavu is way to sort of wake you up, I had one last time and I cocentrated on it hard enough and it was like more information was coming through, like a message was coming through, so I think sometimes we may just tap into a higher frequency level and obtain things to come or that you havn't seen yet or don't remember.

Enlightener
05-12-2006, 10:51 AM
that's really interesting B-shaa, I'll have to try that next time.

Enlightener

bodylisious32
06-12-2006, 07:06 PM
yeah i have found out that since haven my DE-JA-VU and thought about this some more, i am now back in contact with a old friend that this DE-JA-VU mirrored off, what i beleive this was , was like spirit over shadowing and getting a message across to me via , this other aquaintence........

like one doors opens another shuts,,,,,,so its been the quite the reverse once more because now i have my old friendship back, but lost the new one in return.......

life lessons, i guess, k, sara, sara, wat ever wil be will be....

much love and light and protection,
xxxkerixxx.

angelicious
24-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Can someone please explaine dejavu? Am I connecting with a past life experience or am I just in order with divinity?

'....Angelicious breathes life into an old thread.....that she didn't fully read, lol.'

Howdi y'all,

For some reason (unknown to me), everytime my birthday nears (which is next month), I get very curious about things. I'll talk more on that in "My Angelicious Space." Anyway, I ponder on things in awe of what wisdom may come.

This time each year is when I pose the most querries to my intuition of a universal nature mostly. One of these questions is about Deja vu and it is simply this....

Could Deja vu be a forgotten (unconscious) out-of-body experience (OBE) that is recalled at a future time?

Well, no reply yet from my intuition. And since this is a spiritually abundant forum, I put the query to you, what are your thoughts, a recollection of a past OBE, is this what Deja vu is?

Maranda
25-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Can someone please explaine dejavu?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deja_Vu

Some good explanations here.

angelicious
25-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Hi Maranda,
I've checked out that link before when I googled the words Deja vu. Did you notice though, it's still vague as to what this phenomenon is. It mentions it could be linked to OBE, yet doesn't confirm it.

I'm only guessing that if us humans had full function of our entire brains we would instantly know the answers, (????)....or, are there humans, here at SF, who have already mastered the full function of the human brain and tapped into all the unknown knowledge it bears?

It's clear I don't have the answers because I'm still asking the question, what is deja vu....really? :smile:

Maranda
25-03-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm not sure if this was mentioned in that link as I didn't have time to read all of it. But I read an explanation some time ago that I was quite okay with, and it went something like this...

It seems it has something to do with the brain misfiring for a split second and what you feel has already happened has, but the brain didn't have time to register it in the conscious mind, a split second later it does and you get Deja-vu.

cweiters
26-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Angelicious I agree with you here I feel dejavu has something to do with ones recall, as all of you have mentioned. It feels as if its a confimation that one is going in the right direction sort to speak. Now I know there are those who say all directions are right. If all roads lead to home the stright path is still the shortest distance. :D

Could Deja vu be a forgotten (unconscious) out-of-body experience (OBE) that is recalled at a future time?

Love to all
cw

angelicious
26-03-2007, 10:06 PM
It seems it has something to do with the brain misfiring for a split second and what you feel has already happened has, but the brain didn't have time to register it in the conscious mind, a split second later it does and you get Deja-vu.

Hey that's cool, lol.
I'm pretty sure my brain misfires, especially on cold, early mornings when it wants to get up & fire up on all cylinders in a hurry. :D

It's a possibility regarding deja vu, but if it's a case of thinking something happened and it has and the brain relays it back later, then that would suggest time travel from present-to-past-to-future perhaps? Or else, how can anyone account for the other people in a deja vu moment?

Hey, I remember sharing a deja vu experience with my sister, it was like exactly the same thing, at the same time, recalling it all in the same manner. Now there's something? lol

angelicious
26-03-2007, 10:21 PM
.... It feels as if its a confimation that one is going in the right direction sort to speak. Now I know there are those who say all directions are right. If all roads lead to home the stright path is still the shortest distance. :D

Lol, ahhh, but what if the straight path is like sailing a ship around the world - where the shortest distance from point A to point B is charting a path that's a longer distance on a map, but is in fact quicker in getting there? :D

Haha, just trying to be clever by using an, "Is the path flat or round?" perspective, lol, think I'll stick to my day job.:D

cweiters
26-03-2007, 11:14 PM
Funny Angelicious you got a chuckle out of me :laughing11:. Now if the path was round, then it wouldn't be striaght, would it? I feel dejavu is a good thing, imo it confirms that I am involved in something very benificial to my spiritual development.

[ "Is the path flat or round?" perspective, lol, think I'll stick to my day job.:D [/quote]

Love to all
cw

angelicious
27-03-2007, 02:19 AM
Yeah CW, I feel deja vu is a good thing too. I take it you're like me and have never had a bad experience of it. I'm just curious to find what is behind the deja vu experience. Is it random displays of clairvoyance?
Can it be harnessed? Is it an OBE? Is it another dimension we flit in & out of for a brief moment?