PDA

View Full Version : Seeing clothes not faces?

Emmalevine
19-04-2011, 06:05 PM
I tend to see the 'clothing' of spirits, ie from neck down, rather than their faces. For a while I've been seeing a spirit that seems to be wearing some sort of robe with a large pendant, but I've just started seeing what appears to be a modern dress suit. I wondered if seeing clothes rather than faces is a common experience of people here and if so why this may occur? My guess is it might be a way of minimalising fear as seeing a face might freak me out, although it has happened once or twice. Maybe it's just the way they present themselves. Any thoughts on this?

Westleigh
19-04-2011, 06:53 PM
I think this is quite normal. Everyone perceives spirit differently, and clothing is often the dominant feature I pick up as well - clothing and hair. If you think about it, faces are actually very difficult things to make out unless you are lucky enough to have extremely clear mental images or see the spirit in question in a dream-state level of clarity. There is a lot of detail in a face, while clothing tends to fall into obvious categories and colours (suits, robes, dresses, togas etc) and is therefore an easier thing to communicate.

Also, what is it you tend to look at first when you first meet a physical person? Do you tend to look at their clothing and colours in particular? Clothing does tell us a lot about a person, so this would not be an odd thing, and if that is the case, it may simply be that your spiritual sense is tuned the same way as your physical sense. Perhaps both of these things are true. :smile:

spirit72
19-04-2011, 06:58 PM
I also pick-up clothing and hair, when you think about it, when loved ones pass over you pick there clothes for them to be buried in, so they would come through to you with these as validation, for you or the sitter... I often describe the clothes, and its normally the first thing that sparks recognition with the spirits loved ones...:color:

Emmalevine
19-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Ah that makes a lot of sense. My visual recall is actually very poor even with humans and I can't remember the face of a person soon after I've seen them. This includes my own child. I can only remember them by pulling a photograph into my memory as that is two dimensional. I guess that might explain why I don't see the faces of these spirits. It also makes sense that clothes would be easier to make out especially when the images are hazy and surrounded by light.

Celeste
27-04-2011, 03:26 AM
Definitely clothes vs. faces.

God-Like
28-04-2011, 11:48 AM
I tend to see the 'clothing' of spirits, ie from neck down, rather than their faces. For a while I've been seeing a spirit that seems to be wearing some sort of robe with a large pendant, but I've just started seeing what appears to be a modern dress suit. I wondered if seeing clothes rather than faces is a common experience of people here and if so why this may occur? My guess is it might be a way of minimalising fear as seeing a face might freak me out, although it has happened once or twice. Maybe it's just the way they present themselves. Any thoughts on this?

ha ha starbuck .

That's how It has been for me . It's so funny In a way Isn't It . I had to describe everything about the person In spirit by everything other than what they looked like .

It's still like that for me now . Its a running joke In my circle . Perhaps they all had their heads chopped off ha haha .

There Is a reason I am sure . Perhaps Its a way of making us work a little harder by paying attention to other details rather than going by what they look like face wise .

Although when I am by myself I do see faces but thats all I see . I only see from the neck up .

I am sure you will too .

x daz x

Enya
28-04-2011, 04:59 PM
That's how I tend to see spirit people... clothes first, body build, personality, hair... it's like pieces of a puzzle which emerge when asked for. I never see my spirit mentors faces in focus.
Just had a thought - how many of you could describe your face or even picture it mentally in every detail without having to refer to a mirror? Perhaps it's the same when spirit people are communicating via clairvoyance.

Georgia
29-04-2011, 05:18 AM
This is not something that I can say normally happens to me, but if you are getting visual alone, clothing is much easier to describe than facial features. Ie if you are telling someone there is a deceased loved one of theirs coming through to you and you attempt to describe their face (uh, it's the guy with white hair and uh two eyes and his nose is a little big) versus describing his clothes (there is male with a red flannel shirt, jeans, and work boots). The clothes are just easier to describe and may be more specific than trying to tell someone what the face you are seeing looks like. Just my 2 cents.

-Georgia

Celeste
29-04-2011, 05:39 AM
If you try to describe a face, it may not be the same face the person had on earth, lol. For example, my aunt was a very plain, down-to-earth individual. She remained single her whole life. Well, she comes through now as a very colorful, frilly person.

: }}}

Emmalevine
01-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks everyone. Some good thoughts there. I haven't been in tune with spirit for a few days as my son's been so ill, but I started to see a spirit in meditation earlier - again just their clothes!

Wyrdsmith
01-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Someone I know gets information about the spirit communicator with them starting with their shoes, then building up towards their head. Sometimes they'd even get information about the type of underwear they preferred (possibly too much information there!)! They also get taken for a walk around their home, from the front door in. Rarely do they see their face, but may describe features such as glasses or jewellery worn or facial hair and so on.

Native spirit
01-05-2011, 12:48 PM
:hug: Hey Starbuck,

Everyone sees spirit differently, i see them full form just as they were when on the earth plane,
it could be as you progress you will also see them full form.

Namaste

deepsea
01-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Do you recognise the clothes that are being shown?
It may be that the spirit who is showing these clothes for some reason,do not wish to show their face.
Deepsea

Emmalevine
02-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Hi Deepsea

No unfortunately I don't recognise them. For a while I was seeing some sort of monk or priest which I suspected was a spirit guide. I still see him on occasions but now I'm getting someone who is wearing some sort of uniform that I can't place. I know my Grandad served in the RAF and he died when I was a baby. I will keep asking for contact and see what happens as I develop. I saw the full uniform last night whereas before I only saw a part of it so hopefully this means they are coming closer.

deepsea
02-05-2011, 04:28 PM
I must admit this is strange to me but it may be quite common as far as I know.
Sounds now as if spirit is moving forward a little.
Be interesting to see what happens as they get closer.
:smile:

Roselove
03-05-2011, 02:48 PM
i only had one expierence starbuck didn't see face either, just shoes