PDA

View Full Version : Can you have too many crystals?

FairyCrystal
07-06-2021, 05:43 PM
Is there a thing as having too many crystals?
My heart says: absolutely not!
But then... I'm running out of space to put them. I like to have them displayed in a nice fashion, not crammed on top of a shelf or cupboard, but in such a way that their energies can flow freely and coherently with one another.
Nevertheless... I've reached the point where this isn't really possible any longer. And I have other things that I like to have out on cupboards and shelves too!

Another problem... I used to know of each and every crystal what it was. And now there are a number that I cannot recall :/
Maybe I'm just getting old, hihi.
I was going over all the crystals on a side-table upstairs. And two I didn't know. I knew one was golden beryl, but then... which one and what was the other??
Not to worry... I have photos of each of my crystals, all 300+ of them. Or so I thought. I had no photo of either of these 2?!
I went through my Excel file with all names. Prices are in there too, which is partly why I have that file. Both crystals are golden so a matter of searching. Then checking what they look like on the crystal website and voila:
1 gold beryl and 1 Agni Gold danburite!

Then there was one next to my sugar blade point that I knew was Lemurian something but what? That one I'd found quickly because I had a photo of it: Inner Source Lemurian point.
Pffff...

I may have too many after all, hihi.

BigJohn
07-06-2021, 05:54 PM
Don't worry, I have a whole lot more.

FairyCrystal
09-06-2021, 01:45 PM
You must have a larger house :)

OT - I also remembered that I'm not entirely certain about the amazonite and amazonite in crystal. They look very much alike. I got 2 tumbles upstairs and then noticed another one downstairs. I'm not certain which is which now. And to be honest, I thought I only had 1 amazonite in crystal.
Maybe photos will bring clarity, provided I did take a photo of those!

Bubbles
09-06-2021, 05:17 PM
I was thinking as I was reading... how can she not remember her own crystals? Then, I read the "all 300+ of them" part and I understood :)

Of course you can have as many as you want.

It is something I was thinking about too.

I am seriously considering on only keeping less crystals, but more pricey and increased in quality. However, while this might seem like a good strategy at first, it is a flawed one in the long run. There will always be room for yet another crystal. And I'd just end up spending more.

Sometimes I'd consider giving some of them to someone else, but I know somehow that nobody I know would be so interested or that those crystals would end up lost.

I also do not believe in the 'throw in the sea/lake' to 'free' the crystal. Is a narrative some say is good, sure, but in my opinion we can also use a sad narrative regarding doing this as well. My nuummite is billions of years old and I am not even sure if it was awakened to the fact that I am near it. I am not even a blink of an eye for it.

So.. there is always room for more crystals. Perhaps, one day, you will find someone who is very passionate about them, and you will start gifting. Or, look up on etsy for special shelves that can hold more crystals.

FairyCrystal
09-06-2021, 07:47 PM
I was thinking as I was reading... how can she not remember her own crystals? Then, I read the "all 300+ of them" part and I understood :)

Of course you can have as many as you want.

It is something I was thinking about too.

I am seriously considering on only keeping less crystals, but more pricey and increased in quality. However, while this might seem like a good strategy at first, it is a flawed one in the long run. There will always be room for yet another crystal. And I'd just end up spending more.

Sometimes I'd consider giving some of them to someone else, but I know somehow that nobody I know would be so interested or that those crystals would end up lost.

I also do not believe in the 'throw in the sea/lake' to 'free' the crystal. Is a narrative some say is good, sure, but in my opinion we can also use a sad narrative regarding doing this as well. My nuummite is billions of years old and I am not even sure if it was awakened to the fact that I am near it. I am not even a blink of an eye for it.

So.. there is always room for more crystals. Perhaps, one day, you will find someone who is very passionate about them, and you will start gifting. Or, look up on etsy for special shelves that can hold more crystals.
Indeed 300+ it becomes a different ballgame to remember hihi.
And more shelves... it may come to that. Problem being my house is pretty full up as it is. I also paint and like to have some of my work on the walls. Not all, then I'd need a larger house, haha.
Oh well... the next new crystal is on the way. I don't see it ever stopping either.

As for 'giving crystals back to nature'... I also don't believe in that. To me it's utter nonsense.
I've sold a few crystals and a few skulls some 4 yrs ago as I needed money and I didn't use these really. Guess what... I came to regret it later on!!

At some point my crystal collection will go to my 2 kids. Both like crystals. Thing is their dad also has a lot that his parents collected themselves when they lived in Australia. So I think my kids won't have enough space for them all either, hahaha.

Oh well...
As it is I'm not parting with any of mine. Not even the ones I don't directly work with right now. They are all very dear to me.

FairyCrystal
15-06-2021, 03:34 PM
I came across another crystals that I wasn't sure of. I bought it together with crinozoisite. I remembered that, but that the other... I remembered it was an odd name. But thanks to still having all the descriptions on paper (the shop gives these with each crystal you buy) I figured it out. Only because I knew I'd recognize the name when I saw it.
It's lepidocrocite.

Hologram8
15-06-2021, 08:39 PM
there is no such thing as too many crystals ~ you can only have not enough crystals

FairyCrystal
15-06-2021, 09:23 PM
I bought a cute white shelve thing with separate sections, intended for my crystals. Then after I ordered I though it could also be handy for my many oracle cards. Not sure which one it's going to be.

Native spirit
17-06-2021, 09:08 AM
I love crystals in my opinion you can never have to many

Namaste

ashakantaxharma
20-06-2021, 03:01 AM
I have a varity of gemstones/crystals at my place and they are doing their own things and does not seems to have any negative impact.

Lavender Quartz
22-03-2022, 05:06 PM
I didn’t think I had too many crystals until recently. Actually, I’ve been feeling a little guilty about it.

I have amassed a collection of 400+ crystals and gemstones and they’re all over the house. My home office hosts the majority of crystals — big and small — which is why I call it my "crystal cave."

I realize that everything on earth is borrowed; there really is no “mine.” One day I may offer the majority of my crystals for adoption so that other people may enjoy them.

I’m not ready for that major step yet, but maybe someday…

FairyCrystal
22-03-2022, 05:53 PM
I don't really feel guilty as many also say that the crystals allow themselves to be found now to help us and the planet with the ascension process.

But if I see the size of crystals that get taken out of the Earth I do wonder about it...
Like with all the gold that was taken out which seriously disrupted very important leylines and a protective energy grid around the world.
Now that is somewhat different as gold was and is related to greed and ego while crystals generally bought by people who wish to do good work, and do so. People that really resonate with them and put them to good use. At least most people that buy them.

I will not ever offer mine for adoption. They're mine, I take very very good care of them and allow them to indeed do their work and they support with my work and ascension.
Plus, my children have a genuine interest.
Ifever I sold crystals or skulls my biggest concern was they'd go to people with low energy or people that wouldn't know the first things about crystals and skulls and how to care for them.
So the few times that happened I was very fussy. They're kinda like my children :)

Currently I have 334 crystals. I didn't mention the amount to brag, it seems to trigger reaction from some, but I mentioned it as I am losing track of what is what. In that sense, can you have too many. If you can't remember what they are anymore... which was never a problem at all!

I also have 30 crystal skulls. So a total of 364 crystals/carvings.
Most somewhat larger pieces I do remember, and the more obvious too. But some are alike, for instance amazonite tumble and amazonite in quartz tumble. Golden beryl and Agni gold danburite. Etc. etc.
I think it's mostly certain tumbles that have me think, "What was that called again??" hihi

Traveler
23-03-2022, 12:52 AM
Too many crystals? That's crazy talk!! :biggrin:

BigJohn
23-03-2022, 03:36 AM
I agree.

Each year...... I spend a lot of time buying more!

Lavender Quartz
23-03-2022, 10:09 AM
I don't really feel guilty as many also say that the crystals allow themselves to be found now to help us and the planet with the ascension process.

But if I see the size of crystals that get taken out of the Earth I do wonder about it...
Like with all the gold that was taken out which seriously disrupted very important leylines and a protective energy grid around the world.
Now that is somewhat different as gold was and is related to greed and ego while crystals generally bought by people who wish to do good work, and do so. People that really resonate with them and put them to good use. At least most people that buy them.

I will not ever offer mine for adoption. They're mine, I take very very good care of them and allow them to indeed do their work and they support with my work and ascension.
Ifever I sold crystals or skulls my biggest concern was they'd go to people with low energy or people that wouldn't know the first things about crystals and skulls and how to care for them.
So the few times that happened I was very fussy. They're kinda like my children :)

Currently I have 334 crystals. I didn't mention the amount to brag, it seems to trigger reaction from some, but I mentioned it as I am losing track of what is what. In that sense, can you have too many. If you can't remember what they are anymore... which was never a problem at all!

I also have 30 crystal skulls. So a total of 364 crystals/carvings.
Most somewhat larger pieces I do remember, and the more obvious too. But some are alike, for instance amazonite tumble and amazonite in quartz tumble. Golden beryl and Agni gold danburite. Etc. etc.
I think it's mostly certain tumbles that have me think, "What was that called again??" hihi
I love your devotion to your crystals, FairyCrystal. Do you have any plans for where your stone family will go after you've left this earthly plane?

FairyCrystal
24-03-2022, 06:42 PM
I love your devotion to your crystals, FairyCrystal. Do you have any plans for where your stone family will go after you've left this earthly plane?
Yes, what I said in my post:

So they will go to my children :)
I hope they will love them and take good care of them, and if there are crystals they don't want that they then sell them so someone who does like them and take good care of them.
Maybe sell them back to the crystal shop they came from as then they will find a home with the right person again :)
I'd hate for my beloved crystals to be put away in a box in the attic. Then I rather have they sell them to a good guardian.

Lavender Quartz
27-03-2022, 04:32 AM
You're lucky to have children who love crystals. My husband and I have cats. LOL