PDA

View Full Version : Sidhe

LadyVirgoxoxo
30-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Who else knows about the Sidhe? I just learned of them yesterday and I cannot stop thinking of them! They seem like such an amazing people, I feel so connected to them! Already I've been inspired to write a short story about them. So yeah if anyone wants to come discuss them come here! They are so awesome<3

jondav
31-03-2011, 07:00 PM
The sidhe,pronounced,"shee" is the collective term for fairies ,used in Ireland,to learn more I recommend a book called "The middle kingdom" by D.M.Mcmannas, published in 1953,reprinted in 1973,this book gives incredible down to earth accounts of fairy encounters,fairly recently in Ireland

LadyVirgoxoxo
31-03-2011, 10:14 PM
You mean encounters with the Sidhe? As in the different group of fairies?

Asrais
31-03-2011, 10:50 PM
I have had one encounter with what I believe to have been a Sidhe - in a woods in Ireland - looked like a very tall man, peeking out from the window or a ruined building. He was there for just a split second, then dissapeared. His face was not like any man I have ever seen, large eyes, his nose almost pointed and his head seemed to come up to a peek.

The family I married into also has a Bean Sidhe (Banshee). Legends say only families with Mac or O' at the start of their sir names have them.

LadyVirgoxoxo
31-03-2011, 11:06 PM
oh my gosh you are so lucky! I hope one day when I go to Ireland I see them! And that's really cool that your family has a Bean Sidhe! But at the same time kind of scary...I'm not entirely sure what they are though. I know what they do, but are they of the Sidhe people?
Oh by the way not trying to be mean or anything but your cat looks like my cat's evil twin lol. I love black cats<3

Asrais
31-03-2011, 11:51 PM
Ha, my cat is a total softie - she justs likes people to believe that she is evil!!

The name Bean Sidhe translates to fairy (sidhe) woman (bean). She is seen as either an old hag or a young woman, crying, wearing flowing white robes. She is often seen near water, or sometimes appears at the end of ones bed where she sits combing her hair. She offers warnings of danger or predicts the death of one in the family. At the time of the death she can be heard keening.

Although she is a scary figure, she is actually a protecting fairy - she predicts death, she doesn't cause it.

The only encounter I know of in my family was just before my husbands father died - the bean sidhe was seen out side his second storey window, when she was spotted she hurled her comb at the window and dissapeared. There was a scorch mark left where the comb had hit the window frame.
I don't know this to be true, as I didn't know them at the time and the window has since been painted, but the family including my husband, whom I trust, swear its true.

LadyVirgoxoxo
01-04-2011, 04:33 AM
Wow that's really cool and scary. I'm kind of freaked out now lol

norseman
02-04-2011, 12:50 PM
"Riders of the Sidhe" painted by John Duncan

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/13ad0419.png (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fi282.photobucket.com%2 Falbums%2Fkk267%2Fnorseman_photo%2F13ad0419.png)

There is a place in the Pennines/Dales where I walk which is called Gunnerside - the original spelling was thought to be Gunnar's Sidhe ! It was a Norse settlement. They constructed pastures beside the river for hay to feed their cattle in winter, and terraced the sides of the valley into strip fields to grow barley. There is a tradition, going back centuries, that the hay is never cut until the wild flowers have set their seed. In the later spring, the pastures are a riot of colour. And, yes, it is a magical place !

Pastures at Gunnerside. Look carefully and you might make out the strip fields.
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/Swaledale/HaymeadowsGunnerside2.jpg

LadyVirgoxoxo
02-04-2011, 03:55 PM
I love that painting! I want a replicate of it! Every single time I look at that picture the song Riders of the Storm pops into my head lol.
The pastures are absolutely beautiful<3

norseman
02-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Prints $13

http://www.artsnotdead.com/The-Riders-of-the-Sidhe-John-Duncan-Fairy-Print-p/vd00074.htm

Loads of books on Amazon

LadyVirgoxoxo
02-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Cool! I don't often buy things online though so hopefully I can find it while I'm out shopping :smile:

Boldylocks
02-04-2011, 10:24 PM
From what I gather, the Sidhe are a race of Beings created long before the human race-- and they realize we are a fallen race in need of restoration. At times they try to help us where possible, but they exist on a dimension close to ours.

I believe I heard a Sidhe woman sing to me shortly after my first Faery encounter in 5/2008. The first Faery I saw was very small and I saw her face to face resting in a section of my hair. After that encounter, I excitedly made my first faery garden and really pro-actively began helping the little things in Nature. I began sparing the little wildplants I used to consider weeds and I began transplanting maple tree saplings instead of throwing them in the garbage, etc.

One morning before waking up for work --while I was still half awake/half asleep, I heard this woman's voice singing this hymn to me:
"You are helping the flower to seed; all things are precious"

The voice of this woman was not a tiny voice of someone very small-but of someone of human stature or taller. I believe it was from one of the Sidhe- and that they are not only in Ireland and the Celtic regions.

I've also heard one of the small Fae speak to me later- and the voice was entirely different- and definitely from someone small. That also was when I was half asleep. I couldnt tell if this Being was male or female, but the voice was so sweet and melodic-- and I'm leaning toward thinking the Fae was maybe female. She said, "Can you help me?" I sent a thought back that I'd like to- but would ask God how I can help them.

The woman who sang me this song the first time was definitely of someone much taller- and someone interdimensional.

LadyVirgoxoxo
03-04-2011, 07:49 PM
That's amazing Boldylocks! I hope the Sidhe aren't just in Ireland and the Celtic regions. I want to see one in my backyardd! Then again if I did see one I would probably think it was some weirdo in my backyard and chase them away with a rake...

Crystalline_Lilly
11-04-2011, 07:23 PM
seems to me you might be a sidhe if you feel connected to them do people hear bussing noises from you when they are near? that is a sidhe they hear buzzing noises..

LadyVirgoxoxo
16-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Haha no is there any other signs?

Boldylocks
23-04-2011, 06:39 PM
That's amazing Boldylocks! I hope the Sidhe aren't just in Ireland and the Celtic regions. I want to see one in my backyardd! Then again if I did see one I would probably think it was some weirdo in my backyard and chase them away with a rake...

Heehee, ohh my, I hope the Sidhe would have a sense of humor about that..lol! That's funny and with my luck, would be something I'd definitely do by mistake as well- wether it was an angel standing in my yard or Sidhe!:D:tongue: I'd hate to think it, but that would be something the Unseeley would definitely love to watch..yikes!

Tea Break
25-05-2011, 03:36 PM
If anyone is interested in a bit of really good fiction reading, I can very much recommend Jules Watson for "sidhe" type stories.

Her "Swan Maiden" is heart-touching, as she describes the experiences of her heroine encountering the Spirit world. Likewise her "Raven Queen" all the better for being fairly grim as her characters are introduced at the beginning.

Then there's Juliet Marillier's "Daughter of the Forest" the first of an ongoing series set in ancient Ireland and Britain. "Daughter" particularly is "Sidhe"-rich, but they get a look-in during her following novels of the next generations of the magical Sevenwaters family, too.

Such fiction novels are invaluable for helping us to understand about such spiritual eings. Learning while relaxing - what could be better?

If you'd rather not buy them - request them at your local Library, and share the magic with some other lucky people, too.

Angel Blessings to All :angel8:

LadyVirgoxoxo
25-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the recommendations Tea! :hug2:

Prokopton
25-05-2011, 04:09 PM
The Sidhe are the great Celtic race of faerie.

This book (http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/ffcc/index.htm) contains hundreds of documented encounters with the Sidhe in the Celtic countries of a century ago. Very highly recommended reading if you would like to know what Sidhe encounters are like -- not new age stuff, these are the real folk talking.

norseman
25-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Riders of the Sidhe by John Duncan

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/13ad0419.png

LadyVirgoxoxo
26-05-2011, 12:18 AM
Thank you for that link Prokopton! I will try to read some of that it looks interesting!
And thanks norseman for the picture! I love that pic<3

Prokopton
26-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Chapter II (http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/ffcc/ffcc121.htm) is probably the most entertaining to start with.

I'm a big Duncan fan BTW norseman esp. that particular picture. Lots of interesting symbolism woven into that one.

Tea Break
26-05-2011, 12:33 PM
[B][/My pleasure, LadyVirgo - I hope you enjoy them. Thanks for the tip, Prokopton - I'll see about getting that!

Norseman - that's a beautiful image.

Angel Blessings to All. :angel8:

LadyVirgoxoxo
10-06-2011, 04:30 PM
I had a dream last night thatt I went with my school on a field trip to the beach. And I mean my whole school. Which is strange I did because I recently graduated. Anyhoo, somewhere I got lost and ended up on this island with these two adults. On the island was a huge mountain and the Sidhe lived on it. They were very kind with us and let us stay there with them since we were losst. Their main meaens of survival was the fish they caught. All of a sudden a huge ship came along with a huge fish net and caught a bunch of fish in it. I thought that was unusual since thatt's not how the Sidhe fished, and asked one of them about it. That Sidhe said it was the humans who found their island. Then a bunch of people from my school came along and basically disrespected them. I was taken back with my school and was very upset that my school would disrespect such a beautiful people. I remember scolding one realy ignorant guy about it. He's like well I don't care because they live the old way. So can anyone interpret this dream for me? Haha I haven't thought about the Sidhe in awhile so it was strange.

Tea Break
11-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Well - as we know, everything we experience in this world (or our dreams) is quite literally a message from Spirit, LadyVirgo, so part of your dream seems plain to me - the Sidhe are confirming to you that you are now in theory and fact "graduated" away from the those who are still "learning" (or remembering?) to open their minds and accept spiritual truths. Even when "lost" as you were, you live by your truths, and are confident now to even reprove a learner who shows disrespect to the path he has actually chosen to follow (i.e. he's abusing himself, rather than the Sidhe who were the focus of his mocking.)

The Sidhe themselves accept the other ways of other lifeforms as part of the whole we all are i.e. though human beings "fish" in different ways, the Sidhe don't mock or judge them for that, and are willing to share what's available, with us.

I think, through your dream, they're also encouraging you to live with a similar attitude in this respect, while leaving you free to choose for yourself, as each of us must do.

As regards the "why now" bit - well, the time is obviously right as you've just graduated out of the school, and since nothing happens by accident, it's also at the time when we're approaching mid-summer, when the Faery/Sidhe kind are at their strongest influence in our world.

I'd take it all as their encouragement of you, as you "walk your talk" in our world.

Of course, it's only my take on your dream - I'm sure others here will have things to add, too.

By the way - are any of us keeping a camera (ideally digital) close at hand over the next few weeks? Faeries (often snapped as orbs, of course) are always around us, but a few shots in some natural location especially at this time of nearly mid-Summer may reap a wonderful crop of orb or faery-rich photos! It's fascinating to spot them.

Angel Blessing to All :angel8:

norseman
11-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Lady, have a good look over this one and see have many you can spot. :smile:

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/views/water/buckden-pike-waterfall.jpg

norseman
11-06-2011, 02:23 PM
or this one

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/views/water/CauldronSnout.jpg

Tea Break
11-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Thank you, Norseman - it's fantastic! What a size they must be, to be big enough to be seen in a photo, and at a distance!

Such beautiful scenes, too - I've shamelessly tried to save both on my laptop, but they're too large for the little guy to handle ... but I'll come back for a "dream" every now and then. :smile:

norseman
11-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Tea Break. How did you try to copy ? Right click and Save Image usually works.
Sidhe Queen dancing in waterfall
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/views/water/HighForce.jpg

LadyVirgoxoxo
11-06-2011, 06:06 PM
The Sidhe were contacting me via dream??? Really??!! I'm hoonored :icon_eek: Do you think they can feel what I'm feeling or know what I'm thinking? Because I tried to contact them yesterday when things were rerally bad at home XD I asked them to take me away. But then I really thought about it and I was like I don't think that's a very good idea lol
I can't see any in the first two pictures norseman :icon_frown: But I can feel that they are there, it's a very powerful energy, I just know that they are there. Did you take those pictures? Oh and I did see the Sidhe queen in the water! XD

EDIT: It's really weird that I feel I can trust them like that. I'm not understanding why I have such a big connection with them. In this time when I feel I can't trust anyone, I feel I can trust them...

norseman
11-06-2011, 06:57 PM
HI Lady ! Yup, all my own work :D
In the middle photo, look in the water. Atleast six there. To the side, look in the rocks :smile:

LadyVirgoxoxo
11-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Oh I do see them! Is it just me or in the water does it look as if the yare walking across the water? I see two Sidhe men doing that...

Tea Break
13-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Thank you, Norseman - I've got 'em!!:hug2:

I was going into "File" and "Save as" which didn't work. These pictures are a double gift, for when I'm looking for a bit of relaxation, it's great to meditate on such physical beauties as these ... and then of course, there is the wonders of the Sidhe, too.

LadyVirgo - all life is connected through Spirit, so yes - the Sidhe can and have contacted you, or anyone friendly to them, through dreams. It's when we're most receptive to Spirit messages. You're obviously an Earth Healer (as they are too, of course) which is why you're "open" to them - an they know it! Great to have special friends, isn't it? :smile:

LadyVirgoxoxo
13-06-2011, 08:20 PM
I want them to contact me more in dreams! lol that's awesome. What's an earth healer? And I feel so special to have friends like them :love1:

Asrais
14-06-2011, 12:58 AM
In Irish mythology, we are often warned to be wary of the hospitality of the Sidhe. Never eat or drink anything that is offered to you, because if you do, you will remain in their world forever - and that ending is not always as fairy tale like as we would imagine.

They have little care for humans as a whole - we have done so much damage to their world, but in the Irish legends, it is said that the reason they diminished is they used up almost all the magic in the land and so became weak, allowing humans to populate, so in a way, they too abused the earth. I think because of this many of them are bitter.

Enjoy their friendship, but do not think they will take away your troubles. Trust your intuition, you will know bad from good.

LadyVirgoxoxo
14-06-2011, 02:28 AM
You're right, I shouldn't fantasize that much about their world, it's probably no better than the world we live in. I hope in my dreams I'll never eat or drink anything they give me...

Tea Break
14-06-2011, 03:41 PM
I agree with your advice, Asrais on the eating and drinking part, if we encounter the Sidhe in a waking state. I'm not certain about it being incautious in a dream - so long as we're aware that it's only a dream, for many people drawn to the Sidhe (or Faery) people were at some point of that people themselves, and are now on their related "missions" in our world. Dreams are where they can contact us more easily, for most people choose "common sense" over their intuitions during daily life.

That's what I mean about being an "Earth healer" LadyVirgo. The Faery peoples are the "caretakers" of our Nature world, even though unseen and unacknowledged by the majority of human beings. So "earth healers" carry on the work in a more obvious sense, in our world. Anyone who cares for our planet and it's natural life, or the lives of any creaures, come to that, is an Earth Healer, and in our own ways aid the Sidhe/Faery in this vital work.

Has anyone read "The Secret Lives of Elves and Faeries" by the Rev. Robert Kirk? Its quite fascinating, as it recounts the experiences of a Methodist minister between 1688 and 1692 and his actual encounters with the Faery/Sidhe! I was brought up in the Methodist church - and trust me, a belief in Faerys was not a part of those beliefs - Angels were barely acceptable:smile: Quite unstrangely, Kirk "mysteriously" disappeared eventually, and it seems that he was allowed to return to this world to write his story, and then agreed to go back to the "people under the hill" - forever.
I read it coming up to mid-summer a few years ago - fantastic!

norseman
14-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Earth Healer is a core value in the pagan creeds !

LadyVirgoxoxo
15-06-2011, 02:59 AM
Wow so I was a Sidhe in another life?That's so cool that I'm an earth healer! And I really want to read that book! Is it easy to find? Norseman, what are the pagan creeds?

norseman
15-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Lady - "pagan creeds" - just most types of pagan, including wicca, etc. Every pagan I have met has been "green". :smile:

LadyVirgoxoxo
15-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Oooh okay that makes sense that they would be green :smile:

Tea Break
16-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Being "pagan" is actually quite harmless, LadyVirgo - in a very literal sense! For such peoples worship Life as a whole - as in respecting all forms of life - humankind themselves, the Nature World (everything that grows) all creatures, etc., believing that everything interacts together to produce our world. Quite commonsense, if you think about it.

The "pagan" faiths fell from favour when the Christian Church rose - or rather, the small-minded few who decided they made the rules, took power over the decisions of other people. So - although I believe in God, and Christ, and the story of Jesus of Nazareth, and have faith in that, and the message of Jesus himself - I prefer to actually practise a "looser" type of faith which respects growing life, other creatures, and of course our unseen friends in Spirit.

It's our own personal choice, and this Forum demonstrates how wonderfully diverse we can be as individuals when we step away from allowing ourselves to be "told" what to believe ... don't y'all think? :smile:

As for "The Secret Lives of Elves and Faeries" I spotted it a few years ago on an online site. Y'know - the one which brings to mind tall warrior women, named after a river in Africa! :wink: My own is a lovely illustrated hardback version - scattered with the actual sketches made by the Reverend himself, so cost a bit more than I'd normally have paid - but I was drawn to it, and don't regret the purchase.
Alternatively - you may be able to borrow it from your local Public Library? It'd be worth a try.

However you get hold of it - I hope you enjoy it.

LadyVirgoxoxo
16-06-2011, 05:47 PM
I just checked all the libraries near me on their online catalog, and I couldn't find it :icon_frown:

Trieah
16-06-2011, 10:59 PM
WOW!!! Those are some amazing pictures Norseman! Thanks for sharing those:D

Tea Break
18-06-2011, 12:38 PM
I just checked all the libraries near me on their online catalog, and I couldn't find it :icon_frown:

Don't despair, my Lady:smile: - whatabout requesting the book at your Library? Maybe you call it something else where you are(?) - but it's asking them to get it, and there is usually a small "request" fee. In some places, none at all! Quite often the book is bought as new stock, or found at another library and passed on. Nowadays, there is quite some interest growing in the Faery realm, so there's a good chance of them getting it for you.

Good Luck with the hunt!

Prokopton
18-06-2011, 01:24 PM
I just checked all the libraries near me on their online catalog, and I couldn't find it

The reason you couldn't find it is perhaps that you've been looking for the wrong title. The true title is The Secret Commonwealth of Elves, Fauns and Fairies (http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Commonwealth-Elves-Fauns-Fairies/dp/0486466116/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1308403189&sr=1-1), and it's freely available. Here it is for free online (http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/sce/index.htm).

It's a classic, but I linked earlier to Evans-Wentz' The Fairy Faith in Celtic Countries (http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/ffcc/index.htm) (also free online text) which is even better.

LadyVirgoxoxo
18-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Thank you! :smile:

Tea Break
20-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Actually "The Secret Lives Elves and Faeries" does exist in the physical, folks:smile: I've got a copy myself.

The problem may be that it's actually published in Britain - maybe the former title (the "original" version) is more universal? I tend to forget I'm on an international forum here, it didn't occur to me to say that I got my copy on the Brit amazon site, which also has copies of the former, too.
Also - a slight amendment to my gushings of previously - the Rev. Kirk was actually Episcopalian (I might have mis-spelt that!) not Methodist. In my experience the difference is much the same, though - traditional Christian churches tend to be faery unfriendly - even nowadays!

Either way - good luck in your search, my Lady. I hope you enjoy whatever your choice is.

LadyVirgoxoxo
24-06-2011, 05:02 AM
Thanks Tea Break! :hug2:

norseman
24-06-2011, 07:16 AM
I forgot I had this. It's the Sidhe Queen in her waterfall again but in video :D

http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/blyssvids/?action=view&current=HighForcevid.mp4 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .spiritualforums.com%252Fvb%252Fredir.php%253Flink %253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.spiritualforums. com%25252Fvb%25252Fredir.php%25253Flink%25253Dhttp %2525253A%2525252F%2525252Fs282.photobucket.com%25 25252Falbums%2525252Fkk267%2525252Fnorseman_photo% 2525252Fblyssvids%2525252F%2525253Faction%2525253D view%25252526amp%2525253Bcurrent%2525253DHighForce vid.mp4)

[if you click on "previous" or "next" at the top, you have access to a library of 45 short vids . Enjoy !]
[should say that some are a bit rough :D]

Tea Break
25-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Thanks Norseman. That really is a good tea-break's worth :smile:

Weekend Angel Blessings to All :angel8:

LadyVirgoxoxo
26-06-2011, 02:57 AM
Thanks Norseman! That was awesome!

norseman
26-06-2011, 08:25 AM
:D Nothing to do with the Sidhe but would you like a longer, better quality video ?
Written, Produced, and Starring The Norse and his Demon Steed :rolleyes:

http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/MovieMaker/?action=view&current=WeardaleJourney.mp4 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .spiritualforums.com%252Fvb%252Fredir.php%253Flink %253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fs282.photobucket.com %25252Falbums%25252Fkk267%25252Fnorseman_photo%252 52FMovieMaker%25252F%25253Faction%25253Dview%25252 6amp%25253Bcurrent%25253DWeardaleJourney.mp4)

[if you click on "next", you will get my favourite photos made up as a continuous film strip :D. All in my "patch"]]

Boldylocks
16-07-2011, 01:15 AM
"Riders of the Sidhe" painted by John Duncan

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/13ad0419.png (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fi28 2.photobucket.com%252Falbums%252Fkk267%252Fnorsema n_photo%252F13ad0419.png)

There is a place in the Pennines/Dales where I walk which is called Gunnerside - the original spelling was thought to be Gunnar's Sidhe ! It was a Norse settlement. They constructed pastures beside the river for hay to feed their cattle in winter, and terraced the sides of the valley into strip fields to grow barley. There is a tradition, going back centuries, that the hay is never cut until the wild flowers have set their seed. In the later spring, the pastures are a riot of colour. And, yes, it is a magical place !

Pastures at Gunnerside. Look carefully and you might make out the strip fields.
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/Swaledale/HaymeadowsGunnerside2.jpg (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fi282.photobucket.com%2 Falbums%2Fkk267%2Fnorseman_photo%2FSwaledale%2FHay meadowsGunnerside2.jpg)

Wow, that really got my attention! It ties in with my experience with one Sidhe woman... 3 years ago I had a very beautiful Faery encounter with one of the smaller Pixie faeries-- she looked to be of some sort of royalty with her Kind., She uncannily resembled Brian' Frouds' version of male Pixies- only she was much more regal and softer- and more innocent looking.
After that encounter, I had no more doubts that Faerie actually exist- so I went ahead and made a faery garden for them-- and made the decision to let the Faeries, Pixies, Elves, etc., --all Faerykind, have their way with the garden. I only pull out the crabgrass and water where needed-- and have added some violas, and such to enhance it for them.

During that time I realized that since, apparantly, the Faery DO exist after all- I better start picking up trash when i see it, and start appreciating the little plants I used to pull up and toss away-- including the little baby Maple tree saplings that always spring up in our yard .

Well, after a night of playing music for the Faery on my CD player-- one morning shortly thereafter, right before waking up for work, I heard a woman singing this verse to me: "You are helping the flower to seed; all things are precious"

Who sang this verse to me was someone my size or taller, and after reading about the Sidhe, I have come to the conclusion that it was one of the Sidhe- I have read from others that the Sidhe are very concerned about what humanity is doing to this planet- and they are not too thrilled with mankind's warlike , greedy and egotistic mentality. They know we are spiritually immature, however, so the more spiritually inclined groups of Sidhe have pity for us, but they are trying to reach those of mankind who are open to hear.

My take on these Beings is that God created them long before mankind was created- we humans are the youngest of all- and the most prodigal of all Intelligent Beings. I believe that many of the Sidhe probably are in communion with the Creator- and perhaps work under the archangels on behalf of this planet-- just a hunch.