PDA

View Full Version : Going from Readings for One's Self to readings For Others - How did you do it?

Ravens_Light
25-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Hello my friends...

I feel like I'm really putting myself out there - so to speak - in asking this question, but I have felt for a while now that I have done pretty well at intuiting Divine messages using my tarot & angel cards and am interested in the idea of doing this for others (starting with practice of course).. I have actually wanted to do this for some time but I haven't felt prompted to actively seek direction until now..

What I'd like to know is.....

How did you go from doing readings for yourself, to reading for others??

Was there an opportunity and you just took it?

Was it just your desire to help others that prompted you to seek doing readings for others?

Were you given a divine message that you should offer this to others?

How were you able to trust that the messages you were intuiting for others were clear (and not for you)?

In short, how did you make this leap from trusting messages for yourself to trusting them for others?

Why did you decide to make this leap?

Why do you want to help others *in this way* as opposed to just giving 'advice' or sharing your experience in life?

Thank you most kindly for whatever you would like to share about your journey in this regard..

Blessings..

Cam/EarthMamma

Enya
25-03-2011, 07:18 PM
My first reading for another was when I was pulling some cards for myself and a nice lady asked if I'd pull some for her. "Okay, I said, but don't expect much... I've never read for someone before." She loved it and could take all I said.

And so it began. My teacher pointed out that my cards are a tool for my clairvoyance and they've always been something I am comfortable with. Along the way, I've learnt a lot and am still learning.

Some of the best lessons were:
be aware that you will often be reading on the psychic level and therefore picking up what's in their aura. That's what many readers do and 'confirm' their dearest wishes instead of giving detached advice.

sometimes you will feel as if a reading is for you. If this happens, mentally detach and ask yourself if it is, but be prepared that you may find resonance if you are working on the same 'stuff' as the sitter.

When you get someone you can't read for or feel as if you're wading thru mud... either a) pull other card/s to clarify, b) check whether you are centred and connected or c) accept that this is a person you can't read for and don't get upset about it. :smile: Make sure they don't think they are to blame for this...

Ravens_Light
25-03-2011, 10:21 PM
My first reading for another was when I was pulling some cards for myself and a nice lady asked if I'd pull some for her. "Okay, I said, but don't expect much... I've never read for someone before." She loved it and could take all I said.

And so it began. My teacher pointed out that my cards are a tool for my clairvoyance and they've always been something I am comfortable with. Along the way, I've learnt a lot and am still learning.

Some of the best lessons were:
be aware that you will often be reading on the psychic level and therefore picking up what's in their aura. That's what many readers do and 'confirm' their dearest wishes instead of giving detached advice.

sometimes you will feel as if a reading is for you. If this happens, mentally detach and ask yourself if it is, but be prepared that you may find resonance if you are working on the same 'stuff' as the sitter.

When you get someone you can't read for or feel as if you're wading thru mud... either a) pull other card/s to clarify, b) check whether you are centred and connected or c) accept that this is a person you can't read for and don't get upset about it. :smile: Make sure they don't think they are to blame for this...

Hello, Enya...

Thank you dear for sharing all of this with me! It is very very useful advice that I will be sure to keep on hand... I appreciate you offering your initial experience & how you came to start reading... It is wonderful that she was able to validate the information and that it was a positive first experience...

Is it possible and would you be willing to share how you decided to 'connect' with her energy?? Was she a stranger? What was the setting.. Nice and relaxing.. Were others present... I hope you don't mind my asking....

Also, I wonder how it is that you can differential the sitter's wishes from the detached advice/info you wish to give? (Sorry if you already implied this in some way..:redface: )

I can appreciate doing a clarification .. I have done this with my own readings altho' I seem to get confused more than clear when I do this (don't know why)...

Many thanks for sharing....:hug2: I will definitely take this all to heart!

Blessings,

Cam/EM

tooty~frooty
26-03-2011, 01:51 AM
There is the analytical side to divination as well as the free-flowing side.. looks like you are more in tune with the analytical side of it.. the left brain is predominant in your case?

Both ways are incredibly useful especially the analytical side is most sought for in professional interaction wherein people want you to present a microscopic overview of their stance in life.

I am sure you will be a hit some day!

Take care.

Ravens_Light
26-03-2011, 08:13 AM
There is the analytical side to divination as well as the free-flowing side.. looks like you are more in tune with the analytical side of it.. the left brain is predominant in your case?

Both ways are incredibly useful especially the analytical side is most sought for in professional interaction wherein people want you to present a microscopic overview of their stance in life.

I am sure you will be a hit some day!

Take care.

Hello there & thank you for your comments!

I don't know that I'm left brain dominant per se but analysis certainly is a very strong quality I have & I do enjoy applying it as well..:D so I appreciate you mentioning it as a component of the reading process...

As far as the professional aspet of it all that isn't of interest to me but I do appreciate your kind remarks! :smile: :hug2:

Blessings to you!

Cam/EarthMamma

in progress
26-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Start a thread and offer readings! Practice to gain confidence in your skills.

Orbie
26-03-2011, 11:48 AM
In Progress is right!! Get going and yes I would love to be on your list when you start!! :tongue: Go for it! Learn from the mistakes they are signposts telling you where you need to go next :hug3: xx

beth
26-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Hi Earthmamma,

If you need to practice, feel free to practice on me. :D

Enya
26-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Hello, Enya...

Thank you dear for sharing all of this with me! It is very very useful advice that I will be sure to keep on hand... I appreciate you offering your initial experience & how you came to start reading... It is wonderful that she was able to validate the information and that it was a positive first experience...

Is it possible and would you be willing to share how you decided to 'connect' with her energy?? Was she a stranger? What was the setting.. Nice and relaxing.. Were others present... I hope you don't mind my asking....

Also, I wonder how it is that you can differential the sitter's wishes from the detached advice/info you wish to give? (Sorry if you already implied this in some way.. )

I can appreciate doing a clarification .. I have done this with my own readings altho' I seem to get confused more than clear when I do this (don't know why)...

Hi, there was more to share but I was hungry and food was on the table... :D
To be honest, I just 'went for it'. We were at an awareness weekend, so I was relaxed and open, which helps alot. Never does to think too much, lol. I think a friend was present too, but it was many years ago...

The best way to differentiate is to first understand how you work!
When you sit to give a reading, if you're working on a strictly 'ground' level, you will connect with the energy of the sitter, the cards and yourself. So there's a fairly tight loop there which heightens the chances of picking up strong thoughts/wishes in the sitter's energy or mind. For instance - a sitter wants to know if she is going to move to the US and have a successful business. Now, you may pick up on the very strong possibility that it will occur or you may pick up on her strong desire. Any reading which brings in future events can only be a possibility... nothing is written in stone. That's when you have to make sure the sitter understands it is through their actions or inactions that things happen, not the words of a reader. :wink: (this comes thru practice)
So - you have the above situation. Thru practice, you will learn to recognise the difference. Until then, it's always handy to pull another card to confirm or make it clear from the start that you don't do fortune telling (if that's the way you wish to work).

Btw, you probably get confused when you try to clarify your own readings because you're second-guessing yourself. Take the first answer and be happy with it. :smile:

Getting back to the connection between you and the sitter... if you are working on a spiritual level, you will connect energetically between the sitter, the cards, you and your spirit helpers. This takes it into a whole new arena, because you now ask your helpers for input, advice and clarification. I have learnt to see and read the energy which is put into the cards... which was kinda mind-blowing the first few times, lol.

Having said all that... the best thing to do is relax, enjoy and just go for it! Do some practice readings here. There's a lovely site called www.mysticfamiliar.com (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .mysticfamiliar.com) where you can be taught and supported in learning to read. It's a learning curve... enjoy. :smile:

Ravens_Light
26-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Oh my! My heart is filled with gratitude for all of your warm and kind -- and informative - responses! :hug:

I plan on writing more later today to reply to your posts individually but wanted to send a quick thank you to everyone for your support... Daddy is home today so we are having a nice brunch...:D

I for now share that I think my path has been slow moving because my intentions were not clear....And now that I have decided how I want to proceed, it appears that my decision is being affirmed in a few ways and that makes me happy..

My opening post was asking questions of my friends here, but I plan to answer them myself also so that those who wish to follow this leg of my journey will have an idea about my desires & intent regarding developing in this area..

Thank you again to all & I will be back again later today..

Love, Cam/EarthMamma ♥

Ravens_Light
26-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Holy smokes!
I just came back on (brunch was delicious! :D) and was reviewing my last post (above) and see that my number of posts is/was at "222"....

To refresh my memory I looked up Doreen Virtue's angel number interpretation & here it is:

222 - Our newly planted ideas are beginning to grow into reality. Keep watering and nurturing them, and soon they will push through the soil so you can see evidence of your manifestation. In other words, don't quit five minutes before the miracle. Your manifestation is soon going to be evident to you, so keep up the good work! Keep holding positive thoughts, keep affirming, and continue visualizing.

I have chills!! :D :D

I have also been getting "111" yesterday & today... Amazing!

Ravens_Light
26-03-2011, 06:15 PM
LOL!! That post about '222' is number "11" on this thread! LOL!!

Ok... I know, I'm getting carried away now! :tongue:

Ravens_Light
26-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Anyhoo..... Back to my replies.... :D

Ravens_Light
26-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Start a thread and offer readings! Practice to gain confidence in your skills.

Hello, IP! :hug2:

Thank you much for the support! I have decided that this will be my goal...:smile:

My plan will be to first work on my energy & also get very clear on my intent...

I'm thinking it might possibly be time for a thread in the "Your Space" section so I chronicle this part of my journey as well as elaborate a bit on how I will go about this for those who wish to follow my progress and/or who are at a similar point in their journey.

It will also be a place where I will post questions & concerns, and where I will accept with open arms any advice members would like to share..

Many thanks for your encouragment, my friend! I anticipate starting a practice thread within the next couple of weeks..

Ravens_Light
26-03-2011, 06:33 PM
............I anticipate starting a practice thread within the next couple of weeks..

Whoa... Did I really just post that?? :icon_eek: :tongue:

Ravens_Light
26-03-2011, 06:37 PM
In Progress is right!! Get going and yes I would love to be on your list when you start!! :tongue: Go for it! Learn from the mistakes they are signposts telling you where you need to go next xx

Hello, my friend! :hug:

Aw.. You are very sweet!

I have decided to go for it... Well, once I have prepared some! :D

I'm a bit nervous about the mistakes part but I know that I am going to have to give it a go if I am to find my way ....

I really appreciate your positive intepretation of these mistakes... I really like how you put it ... as 'signposts'...Looking at it this way does make me feel better....:smile:

Thank you for posting on my thread...:hug2:

Ravens_Light
26-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Hi Earthmamma,

If you need to practice, feel free to practice on me. :D

Aw, thank you Beth.. :hug2:

I plan to post a practice thread in the upcoming couple of weeks after I have prepared some, so do post on it if you are still interested at the time. :smile:

Ravens_Light
26-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Hi, Enya!

What a great post... If you don't mind, I will respond within your text below in 'bold'....

Hi, there was more to share but I was hungry and food was on the table...

That's ok.. Besides I know better than to get between a hungry woman and her food LOL ! :tongue:

To be honest, I just 'went for it'. We were at an awareness weekend, so I was relaxed and open, which helps alot. Never does to think too much, lol. I think a friend was present too, but it was many years ago...

I'm sure that has to be one of the best possible environments to have started with... And that is awesome that you just went for it.. Wow!

I know what you mean about thinking too much.. That has been an issue with me but I have gotten much better at releasing the need to analyze things.

The best way to differentiate is to first understand how you work!

Yes.. I can see how this is mandatory.. Thank you for mentioning it!

When you sit to give a reading, if you're working on a strictly 'ground' level, you will connect with the energy of the sitter, the cards and yourself. So there's a fairly tight loop there which heightens the chances of picking up strong thoughts/wishes in the sitter's energy or mind.

This is kind of an 'aside', but does this apply when you are reading at a distance.. such as reading for others on a forum?

For instance - a sitter wants to know if she is going to move to the US and have a successful business. Now, you may pick up on the very strong possibility that it will occur or you may pick up on her strong desire.

I totally get what you mean here... Thank you for offering this... This is the kind of information I will find very useful...

Any reading which brings in future events can only be a possibility... nothing is written in stone. That's when you have to make sure the sitter understands it is through their actions or inactions that things happen, not the words of a reader.

Of course...I share the same beliefs here.. Excellent points..

(this comes thru practice)

So - you have the above situation. Thru practice, you will learn to recognise the difference. Until then, it's always handy to pull another card to confirm or make it clear from the start that you don't do fortune telling (if that's the way you wish to work).

Just wanting to clarify, do you mean differentiatiating a sitter's desire from a precognitive message? (Hope I'm wording this properly!) That will come with practice?

And, if this is what you are saying, may I ask how you differentiate between the two?? I think you'll probably say that it's unique to each for each reader & that perhaps it is difficult to put it into words... It may be a claircognizance kind of thing.. You just know that you know the difference but can't say why...

Btw, you probably get confused when you try to clarify your own readings because you're second-guessing yourself. Take the first answer and be happy with it.

On an intuitive level I am feeling you are right about this!

Getting back to the connection between you and the sitter... if you are working on a spiritual level, you will connect energetically between the sitter, the cards, you and your spirit helpers. This takes it into a whole new arena, because you now ask your helpers for input, advice and clarification.

Rut Roh! Better get to making a solid connection with my guidance! I still haven't developed a clear connection to my guides... At least other than whomever it is that is helping me intuit the messages that I receive...

Many of my messages received are ones of comfort and to tell me that someone is with me in my experience here on Earth, but there is not a clear relationship of question and answer really... I feel guided, but it is more in a general way... Oy, I don't know if I'm making myself clear here or not.. sorry..:redface: Perhaps this is something that may develop thru my intention to connect with others thru readings..

I have learnt to see and read the energy which is put into the cards... which was kinda mind-blowing the first few times, lol.

I think I know what you mean......Not that I have experienced this, but I have received a reading where the reader saw golden energy around a certain portion of the card she pulled, which gave her further insight into what the message was.. Is this what you mean?

I of course have no idea how my intuition & guidance will manifest itself. All my clairs are budding or latent.. Clairvoyance is my strongest or at least has manifested most of all of them.. I suppose in time I will see what happens!

Having said all that... the best thing to do is relax, enjoy and just go for it!

Thank you, I will!

As I mentioned earlier I will be working on my energy... Specifically, releasing stagnant energy (which is stressful) & grounding so I am more relaxed in my mental (as well as physical) processes..

Do some practice readings here. There's a lovely site called www.mysticfamiliar.com (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .spiritualforums.com%252Fvb%252Fredir.php%253Flink %253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.spiritualforums. com%25252Fvb%25252Fredir.php%25253Flink%25253Dhttp %2525253A%2525252F%2525252Fwww.spiritualforums.com %2525252Fvb%2525252Fredir.php%2525253Flink%2525253 Dhttp%252525253A%252525252F%252525252Fwww.spiritua lforums.com%252525252Fvb%252525252Fredir.php%25252 5253Flink%252525253Dhttp%25252525253A%25252525252F %25252525252Fwww.mysticfamiliar.com) where you can be taught and supported in learning to read. It's a learning curve... enjoy. :smile:

Thank you so much for the link! I certainly can use the support and look forward to practicing...

I really appreciate the time you took to share your experiences and knowledge with me, Enya... Much love and gratitude to you...:hug2: I hope you'll come visit me in "Your Space" (which I plan to name "EarthMamma's Ethers" :D )...

Blessings to you!

Cam/EarthMamma

Enya
26-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Hokay - sorry if this gets a bit muddled... quotes within quotes, lol.

When you sit to give a reading, if you're working on a strictly 'ground' level, you will connect with the energy of the sitter, the cards and yourself. So there's a fairly tight loop there which heightens the chances of picking up strong thoughts/wishes in the sitter's energy or mind.

This is kind of an 'aside', but does this apply when you are reading at a distance.. such as reading for others on a forum?

Yes, it can. It also applies in a one to one reading.

Just wanting to clarify, do you mean differentiatiating a sitter's desire from a precognitive message? (Hope I'm wording this properly!) That will come with practice?

Yep. :)

And, if this is what you are saying, may I ask how you differentiate between the two?? I think you'll probably say that it's unique to each for each reader & that perhaps it is difficult to put it into words... It may be a claircognizance kind of thing.. You just know that you know the difference but can't say why...
It's a claircognizance kind of thing... I am chiefly clairsentient, so I can sense by the energy that something is unbalanced. Having said that, I can still miss the goal, lol. As you progress, you'll recognise the difference and probably already do.

Rut Roh! Better get to making a solid connection with my guidance! I still haven't developed a clear connection to my guides... At least other than whomever it is that is helping me intuit the messages that I receive...

Hey, don't worry about it. I don't even know who works with me most of the time and they keep changing anyway. :rolleyes: I just tune in and ask them to be there. I also expect them to be on hand to help clarify any points. :redface:

The golden energy your reader saw around her card... yes, that is what I mean. I can see the movement of the energy, where it is built up and focused, that sort of thing. Spirit do a lot more than we suspect.

I really appreciate the time you took to share your experiences and knowledge with me, Enya... Much love and gratitude to you...:hug2: I hope you'll come visit me in "Your Space" (which I plan to name "EarthMamma's Ethers" :D )...

I certainly will! I like your energy. :hug3:

earthprowler
26-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Hello my friends...

I feel like I'm really putting myself out there - so to speak - in asking this question, but I have felt for a while now that I have done pretty well at intuiting Divine messages using my tarot & angel cards and am interested in the idea of doing this for others (starting with practice of course).. I have actually wanted to do this for some time but I haven't felt prompted to actively seek direction until now..

What I'd like to know is.....

How did you go from doing readings for yourself, to reading for others??

Was there an opportunity and you just took it?

Was it just your desire to help others that prompted you to seek doing readings for others?

Were you given a divine message that you should offer this to others?

How were you able to trust that the messages you were intuiting for others were clear (and not for you)?

In short, how did you make this leap from trusting messages for yourself to trusting them for others?

Why did you decide to make this leap?

Why do you want to help others *in this way* as opposed to just giving 'advice' or sharing your experience in life?

Thank you most kindly for whatever you would like to share about your journey in this regard..

Blessings..

Cam/EarthMamma

i have never read for my self, wouldn't have a clue on that one

it was an opportunity and i got to run with it. i was at a spyrit fair that our ghost hunting group had a table at. 3 of us had gone for a smoke break. as we were sitting there, i started to "notice" someone else was with us and he was actually trying to smell the cigarette smoke and wishing he could have one. i told him in my head (thinking he was one of the locals in the building) he couldn't have one, he was dead. that got me flipped off and an f-u. well then it switched to the girl sitting next to me that he was there for her. now i was the goof of the group and no one ever expected that i would be able to do anything like this so she thought i was just blowing things out of the water. i told her "he's new" and the cussing i got and the finger and she knew immidiately who he was and started crying but laughing at the same time. her grandfather had passed 3 days before that and had already tried to contact cousins. gave her a nice reading that validated me (finally) and she confirmed it with her mother.

Ravens_Light
28-03-2011, 05:33 PM
i have never read for my self, wouldn't have a clue on that one

it was an opportunity and i got to run with it. i was at a spyrit fair that our ghost hunting group had a table at. 3 of us had gone for a smoke break. as we were sitting there, i started to "notice" someone else was with us and he was actually trying to smell the cigarette smoke and wishing he could have one. i told him in my head (thinking he was one of the locals in the building) he couldn't have one, he was dead. that got me flipped off and an f-u. well then it switched to the girl sitting next to me that he was there for her. now i was the goof of the group and no one ever expected that i would be able to do anything like this so she thought i was just blowing things out of the water. i told her "he's new" and the cussing i got and the finger and she knew immidiately who he was and started crying but laughing at the same time. her grandfather had passed 3 days before that and had already tried to contact cousins. gave her a nice reading that validated me (finally) and she confirmed it with her mother.

Hello, EP!

LOL! What a fiesty Gramps! :D

And how wonderful to be able to comfort his granddaughter ..

It must have felt great for you to be validated as well.... Just goes to show you not to hold too tightly to the preconceived ideas we might have about others.. Especially those people we think we know..:tongue:

Sounds like everyone benefited from this experience... And I think that's really the way it's supposed to be when things like this happen...:smile:

Thank you for sharing, EP...