PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Scorpios and those who know and love them

GoldChord
22-10-2006, 05:04 AM
Greetings,

I am a scorpio.

Need I say any more to you?

For a long time I thought I had the volatile scorpio nature under control. While I am intensely passionate and loyal and jealous I have learned to become a calm and placid person - or so I thought. Recently, I have become aware that I have probably just been repressing these elements of myself - because they have come back with a vengeance. I have always been a solitary person. I don't deal with a lot of people - but now I am dealing with more people I seem to be very temperamental. The unattractive elements of my scorpioness are in full bloom.

Does anyone have any advice about how I can balance myself a little more - not to simply smother the fire - but to at least allow it to burn with a little less intensity? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Take care.

daisy
22-10-2006, 07:39 AM
brilliant!!! another scorpio, i know what you mean but i'm quite laid back (til riled) take a step back and count to ten before reacting to anything negative, if those feelings are returning.

~Jay~
22-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Oooh, my first boyfriend was a Scorpio, and I was with him for six mainly teenage years of both our lives. Can you imagine the fireworks? :icon_eek: On the plus side, it was never boring, hehehe!

Goldcord, I'm sure I read in another thread that you are an empath, and if I'm correct, I would concentrate on shielding yourself as much as possible from other people's energies. The mirror-ball is effective, as is wrapping yourself up in a cocoon of pink fluffy light!:wink:

Also, if you shower (rather than bathe) imagine the water is like a golden rain taking away all negativity from your body & aura & washing it down the drain. If you prefer to take a bath, you can add pure organic sea-salt (maybe once a week) and soak for about 20 mins. Remember to drink plenty of water after doing this though - I tried it once, forgot to drink extra water, and spent the whole day feeling parched, lol!

daisy
22-10-2006, 11:01 AM
scorpios tend to be hypersensitive, this is sometimes a good thing but other times it isn't, great advice there jaycee

rose
22-10-2006, 11:53 AM
sometimes i wonder if people are born into this sign to super enhance their learning in this lifetime. the scorpios i've known seem to have chosen really hard paths but wow are they wiser and stronger when they come out the other side.

i hope you're proud of all the great things being a scorpio brings you and others. i was told by a psychic healer years ago once that my aries impulsive need to speak up when i think i should lay low is just as it should be and not to be ashamed of it. maybe you've actually helped many learn on their path by your reactions. we learn restraint with many of our characters' harsh points....but we are born who we are for a reason. i guess we need to balance all our aspects of ourselves, both easy going and difficult. i think it's so cool that you realise that already goldchord.

i've learnt some hard but valuable lessons from encounters with scorpios and i love them for it. i have learnt more positive things from them mostly. i guess we learn from both positive and difficult. i'm sure in those difficult moments you've taught some valuable lessons as those same people have taught you in return.

for those intense emotions i highly recommend exercise and lots of it. big walks etc, cycling...anything that helps release extra emotional energy. exercise has helped me emotionally a lot.

this post has become longer than i intended sorry :D

great advice jaycee. i might try that bath one myself. and i'll try to remember to drink heaps too *hugs to you all* yay for scorpios! and aries, and pisces and librans and capricorns and aquarians and taureans and gemininis and sagittarians and leos and virgos and cancerians....that was in no particular order. every sign is great and has so much to offer this world.

daisy
22-10-2006, 12:19 PM
most scorpios i know have walked a very long hard path too, myself included, but i wouldn't change a thing, even the bad stuff, i wouldn't be 'me' now if i did, life is a lesson some lessons are easy some are difficult. i'd choose the difficult one every time

GoldChord
22-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Wow,

Great advice guys - all really helpful. I'll try the shower and think cleansing thoughts. The old 'count to ten' is good too - but my reaction today, which sparked this post, was instinctive and quite vitriolic. I think I have to learn to slow down. But maybe the conflict is what I need right now. I've spent such a long time avoiding it and avoiding people because of my volatile nature - maybe now is the time to address it and see it for what it is...

Jaycee - you had a teenage boyfriend for 6 years?! - that's impressive. There's got to be a story there, if you want to share ...

Daisy and Rose - you are both right. My life seems supercharged in some way - everything is amplified. It makes life interesting and I do love being a scorpio, but right now all senses seem to be in high alert. Thanks so much for your help - it's good just to be able to discuss it.

Take care.

Lapis
23-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Hi GoldChord, I admire your honesty. As an astrologer I know very well that all of the 12 zodical Signs and Planets have their lower and higher qualities because everyone's not functioning at the same level or working on the same identical issues as the next guy.

Here's a list of the 12 zodical Signs but listed with their opposite Sign. Just staring at this helps us to understand more about ourselves. If you know your Rising (Asc) or Ascendant Sign too, all the better. We can't have the one Sign qualities without the opposite Sign qualities also. They're two sides of the same polarity coin! We all slide into our opposite Sign qualities, and it's ruling Planet qualities too, far more than we realize each day. The Signs ruling Planets are in ( ).

Aries (Mars) ................Libra (Venus)

Taurus (Venus) ................Scorpio (Pluto)

Gemini (Mercury)...............Sagittarius (Jupiter)

Cancer (Moon) ................Capricorn (Saturn)

Leo (Sun) ......................Aquarius (Uranus)

Virgo (Chiron) .................Pisces (Neptune)

Scorpio, Sagittarius and Capricorn are the only Signs that have 3 natures going on within them. Here's what I mean briefly.

Scorpio is the scorpion which is the lowest or base nature of this Sign. It's middle nature is represented by the symbol of the Eagle flying, and the last symbol or nature that's possible within Scorpio is the mythical Phoenix bird that rises up out of it's own ashes. The ultimate transformation!

So Scorpio people who can get beyond the base nature of the scorpion immediately move into the next enegy level within Scorpio which is repersented by the flying Eagle. And with some more honest work, they can reach the last energy/consciousness level of the Phoenix. This level is the "dying" phases or the "little deaths" that Scorpios can move through easier than most of the other 11 Signs. Scorpio has to do with "Birth, Life, Death, and Rebirth.......that spiral that we go through over and over throughout our lives if we're brave enough to die those little deaths many times. Scorpio is all about learning how to let go of........

Now, look at the Sign that's the opposite to Scorpio - it's earthy and beautiful Taurus with it's ruling Planet of Venus. Water/Earth. When you feel uncomfortable with certain aspects of your intense Scorpionic nature, never forget that those other 2 levels/natures/states of consciousness are available for you. The Eagle who flys and can see far more because of it, and the Phoenix who can totally release it all, whatever it is, and literally transmute lower base energies/consciousness into a much higher state. A death and a rebirth. Very handy trait to have!

Also rember that you can slide into the positive qualities of your opposite Sign, Taurus/Venus, and get soft, sensual, earthy and grounded real fast if needed.

Obviously I could go on and on because I so enjoy Astrology, but this should help you a bit. There are literally dozens and dozens of other things that could be triggering these feelings, these realizations within yourself now too (transits). And never never ever try to "smother the fire" simply because it dosen't work for any of us no matter what our Signs! Let Scorpio do what all it's good at doing which is transforming, transmuting itself over and over again. Luck you! http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/1071/scorpioemo9io.gif

rose
23-10-2006, 11:41 PM
thankyou so much for sharing your experience and knowledge in astrology lapis. as you know, i am fascinated in astrology and always keen to learn more. i only get vague impressions about signs but would like more understanding.

i found that information so helpful in understanding my wonderful scorpio friend called R. she has had the roughest time of anyone i know but has transformed into a joyful, purposeful artist and wonderful mother. that phoenix description fits her perfectly.

myself ,and i'm sure many others, would really love to learn more about signs in this deeper but concentrated manner.

if you have the time do you think you could write what you did about the other signs and their symbols? as an aries i am a ram at the lower base...but what can this wooly gatecrashing, head butting horned one become when he is dangled a spiritual carrot? :D

i love that you put emphasis on the opposites of the signs also. you are the only other person apart from an amazing professional astrologer i met, that talks about this. it explains why i spend more time being indecisive due to libra than i do for my decisive sign. and why i am drawn to librans a lot. and balance has been one of the most used words from me on my journey.

daisy
23-10-2006, 11:48 PM
thank you for posting lapis, would the fact that taurus is the opposite sign explain why i get on particularly well with taurus people

Lapis
24-10-2006, 12:02 AM
daisy,

Yes most definately. We resonate with outside energies that we already have in ourselves. Because you're a (Sun in) Scorpio the opposite Taurus qualities are also very strong in you naturally, and because of that, you'll be drawn to other Taurus folks or people who have a lot of Taurus/Venus in their charts but may not have their Sun's in Taurus.

It's magically and wonderfully complicated and on good days I can hold open my consciousness just long enough while looking at someone birth chart to see the whole energy kaleidoscope and not just the individual glyphs and numbers. Rare but great.

That was my main reason for writing out the 12 Signs in the manner I did because they're really are 6 polaritys going on and not 12 separate or isolated Signs. This same rule applies to our Rising Signs as well.

daisy
24-10-2006, 12:06 AM
thank you lapis you have a gift for astrology

Lapis
24-10-2006, 12:11 AM
rose,

When I have the time and energy I'd enjoy sharing some bits and pieces about the 12 Signs and their opposite Signs and ruling Planets etc. There's so much more to Astrology than what we first encounter. Deeper and deeper layers just like in humans! :wink: I've been involved with Astrology for decades and I still only feel that I've scratched the surface of it.

Over the past few years I've been pulled away from my old familiar natal astrology and the current transits, to more awareness about the Astrological Ages and how they fit together in this same manner. Ouch....my brain!

Yes I'll try my best to add a bit about each of the 12 Signs and their ruling planets and their opposite Signs/Planets etc. But please, I too enjoy learning from other Astrologers and students of Astrology. We're all very old students, :cool: so please everyone share here too.

rose
24-10-2006, 12:21 AM
yay :) it's great to see this astro forum being posted in again a lot.

it motivates me to want to learn more actively again with astrology :) i can't wait to hear more what you and others have learnt.

but we have all the time in the world for now so when the time is right....

:D *hugs to all you all* i am grateful for the stars.

BLAIR2BE
24-10-2006, 12:36 AM
i dig astrology, but im not too knowledgeable. i would like to get some info about the "why" of astrology. not necessarily what is happening (astrologically) and what that may affect; im interested in why (perhaps a more scientific approach). anyone got any leads??

Sada
24-10-2006, 12:58 AM
I don't know much about Astrology, but I've noticed a lot of changes in myself recently also and I found out yesterday that Mercury is retrograde and is also in Scorpio. I don't really know what that means, but I know it affects communication and has been really lousing me up for the past week or so...lol So, you may want to take a look at that if it seems likes it's just recent that you're feeling this way.

rose
24-10-2006, 01:00 AM
good question blair :) it's a tricky one but i hope you find some help with that one. any scientists around? i would love to hear a different perspective on it too. :D

daisy
24-10-2006, 01:00 AM
more scorpios?? cool!

Lapis
24-10-2006, 01:01 AM
BLAIR2BE,

I think I understand what you're asking, at least I hope I do. I'm not an Astronomer but I'll give it go.

When in a physical realm we need physical objects to hold or contain the local archetypes for the learning local humans in that solar system. The planets (in Astrology we call the Sun, Moon and all the planets "Planets") represent/are/contain these local archetypes for us here. Damn, I'm not the best person for this. At the same time the Planets are much more than just physical balls of gas and ice and what not. There are other layers to them, like Earth is a physical planet we exist on but Earth's archetype is Gaia which we're not all that familiar with for many reasons.

Think of it sort of like a physical alter in a church or a spiritual non religious one in your house. There's the physical alter or table top (planet) but it's all the power objects on it that make it an "alter". Those power object or sacred objects literally contain the archetypal energies that we feel and respond to. I hope that made sense??

So even though they seem to be "just planets" at one level, they're also much more. They transmit these ancient archetypes that we humans in incarnation use to further learn while in physicality. We literally take on the qualities of ancient Gods/Goddesses and live them out as colorfully as They did!

GoldChord
24-10-2006, 02:36 AM
Lapis,

You are a legend. Your post has helped me so much. I know little about astrology but had never heard of taking the signs as part of a continuum - that they are related to each other. Really fascinating reading. I kind of understood that scorpios had this eagle - phoenix factor but had never really grasped its true meaning. I have always transformed - I rarely look backwards in my life. I think my recent emotional upheavals are related to a transformation. I think maybe I am struggling with scorpio - eagle morphosis. But this is just my intuition. You have provided great insight. Thank you. I wish I could do more with this but do not know ascending or descending signs as I do not know my real parents and therefore do not know the time of my birth. But you have helped heaps. I am also fascinated with Blair2Be's question and you have provided an insightful response.

Thanks heaps.

BLAIR2BE
24-10-2006, 04:03 AM
thanks lapis! that post isnt necessarily what im looking for, but a step in the right direction/ an idea i can perhaps take further. it is a fascinating topic, which may be very difficult to respond to. i see what you are trying to say though, i think... not just the planet, but the energy, or essence of that planet...??....

Lapis
24-10-2006, 08:31 PM
BLAIR2BE,

I thought I understood your question but now I'm not so sure. You want to try again?

I got some nice tib bits today from an Astrology (only) forum that I used to spend a lot of time and energy at. There were some great quotes from the owner there (Radu) and another member (Futurist). I thought of your question when I read it. Again, I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but I'll offer this anyway. The book Futurist mentioned sounds good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Futurist:

Resonant theory is the Holy Grail for astrologers because there is no astrological doctrine in classical or modern astrology, which cannot be explained by it.

It also explains why we attract certain events, or people, to us who reflect the state of our consciousness. Thus, when we are angry we are more likely to attract the violence or car accident, which we are resonating with. More positively, it is the explanation for miraculous events in that we 'entrain' ourselves to good unfolding when our thoughts are constantly kept at the higher vibration or frequency, of love and happy outcomes.

Each planet and star in the Cosmos possesses its own vibratory frequency. Every object and every word spoken also has its own signature vibratory frequency, as does every living thing. Mars vibrates to a frequency similar to the number 16 -which in turn vibrates to the colour of crimson; which vibrates to Iron; which vibrates to the gem Ruby; which vibrates to the musical tone C Major, which vibrates to the flower hollyhock etc., etc. This is the basis of the astrological principle of correspondence, based on resonance.

I believe that vibrations will one day prove to be the invisible threads, which weave the fabric of life together. Resonant Theory explains many terrestrial phenomena including why astrology should not be dismissed as ' for entertainment value only'. More details in Dr. Percy Seymour's book, "The Scientific Basis of Astrology".

"My reply (Radu):

There are 4 fundamental forces in the Universe as stated by modern physics - electromagnetism, gravitation, weak and strong nuclear forces. Astrology isn't explained by any of them. So allegedly astrology cannot be true. Unless there are some other forces at work.

To date, the human mind's functioning is the most misunderstood of all fields of knowledge. To me this is natural; you cannot fully understand a system unless you are able to see it from all sides, to see all parts of it. Can you do that with the human mind? We, with our minds, try to understand the human mind. It's like an observer enclosed in a box trying to understand all about the box. He can't do it. He needs to get out of the box for that. Impossible to do that with the human mind. So, using science,a 100% intellectual approach, one will never understand the truth on the human mind.

Unless... you switch perspective. You go for spiritual values, for a spiritual perspective. Are spiritual, cultural values scientific? Nobody claims that. These are well beyond science.

Astrology obviously has a direct effect on the human mind, on the emotions, on the subconscious, on the spiritual side of people AND of the Universe.

A scientific approach to any subject requires the use of appropriate methods and tools in order to measure the characteristics of an object, energy, condition. Would one use a thermometer in order to determine the dimensions of an object? Obviously not.

This is why we need to go beyond materialistic science to understand astrology."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lapis
24-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Hey the Sun entered Scorpio yesterday so it's :occasion13: month for all the Scorpio folks. Happy Birthday Scorpios!

rose
24-10-2006, 09:27 PM
great page you posted there. i have been drawn more to science lately as i get so fustrated at my lack of logic. having a virgo moon and so many 4's coming up in numerology, i feel i need to balance my self out with learning.

the movie "what the bleep do we know?" has given me a great introduction to quantum physics.

but what he said resonated with me so much. to me science has always been limited. it's evolving all the time. hopefully only onwards and upwards for a higher purpose....but i'm not so sure that's always happening.

i guess as much as scientific learning can help balance me and give me different perspectives, it's limited. only hundreds of years ago, men thought the earth was flat and it was proven round....they once thought the smallest thing possible was the atom, until they split it! doctors used to advise women in the 60's and 70's to take up smoking to help them lose weight after childbirth...the list goes on. (head nod to phoebe from Friends for the first two science facts).

"would we use a thermometer to determine the dimensions of an object?" brilliant.

this is why astrology blows me away. it's sooooo vast. it fustrates me that i know so little but it's exciting to expand my understanding.