PDA

View Full Version : Mirrors

LadyVirgoxoxo
17-03-2011, 12:34 AM
What does everyone think of mirrors and divination? I think it's a very interesting subject. I love the one where you look into a mirror and you see your future husband/wife. My grandma did it, except she used a well and she did it on the summer solstice. She claims she saw my grandpa in the well! :smile: Anyone ever hear of that? You can put any input on mirrors and divination on this thread!

nightowl
17-03-2011, 12:43 AM
LadyVirgoxoxo

I have heard of this before, I think I even saw this in a movie but I can't remember which one. I know there is an old folk belief that the soul of a dying person could get trap in a mirror. They use to cover the mirrors in the house when someone was dying so as to prevent trapping the spirit of that person in the mirror.

Interesting topic, I hope others share some more experiences. :D

nightowl

LadyVirgoxoxo
17-03-2011, 12:50 AM
Yes I have heard of that one! My mom told me that when she was a kid, in her village, they would cover the mirrors. She never knew why, she just did it, well now she knows! :smile:
I love village people and all the things they believe in! They have such old-fashioned views.

nightowl
17-03-2011, 12:57 AM
Yes I have heard of that one! My mom told me that when she was a kid, in her village, they would cover the mirrors. She never knew why, she just did it, well now she knows! :smile:
I love village people and all the things they believe in! They have such old-fashioned views.

yes! me too! :hug2: They are close to my heart, except in my case they are mountain folk. :smile:

Moonangel
17-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Iv got a black mirror but im a bit scared of it...iv had it a few yrs and at first used it alot, i didnt get very far with visions ect, but would often feel spirit close by and/or feel a cool breeze on my face.

Any tips on black mirrors? I might have another go with it..

nightowl
17-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Wow, never heard of a black mirror? Is it made for divination? What is it made out of?? Interesting...

LadyVirgoxoxo
17-03-2011, 01:30 AM
nightowl: I love their old ways, they seem wiser and smarter than most people in cities.

Moonangel: Black mirrors sound very interesting. Would you care to elaborate on it?

Uhmar
17-03-2011, 05:02 AM
I have always read if you are going to mirror scry then to use a black mirror, I just can't recall why lol other then they absorb the image instead of reflect the image

I remember reading about a guy who had a room with nothing in it but a black mirror and he would let people sit in it in the dark and you were suppposed to see visions in it .. Kinda like a mirror spirt quest.
here is a how to make one site and another one on black mirrors history

http://www.ehow.com/how_4461102_make-black-mirror.html
http://www.rosicrucians.org/salon/mirrors/mirrors.html

SoaringSpirit
17-03-2011, 05:49 AM
I made my own black mirror and use it on occasion, but I haven't used it for a while now

iklenic
17-03-2011, 08:56 AM
wow this is very interesting, can I please ask, do you gaze kind of 'past' it, like if you are looking for an aura, where you let your eyes relax? out of focus
x

SoaringSpirit
17-03-2011, 09:06 AM
wow this is very interesting, can I please ask, do you gaze kind of 'past' it, like if you are looking for an aura, where you let your eyes relax? out of focus
x
Yes, thats how I do it, almost looking through the mirror, like when you look at those weird patterns with the pictures hidden in them

Daboycey93
08-05-2016, 12:44 AM
I've had a couple successful black mirror scrying. The strongest time there was a "purple haze." While the has was happening I shifted my gaze to my wall, it went away, but then I brought my gaze back to the mirror and it came back.

Whenever doing this type of scrying I would use protection spells, ending the session correctly.

redlioness6
08-06-2018, 06:17 PM
This is really spooky. 👻 I always felt that old mirrors in houses had funny vibes. I would never buy a vintage mirror, not knowing where it's been before.

A Gray Vidar
23-07-2018, 03:24 PM
Hi

Thanks for the links i will try to make one myself in a near future: should i be around at that time:)

Love and Blessings

Chrysalis
28-07-2018, 05:58 PM
I made a black mirror last year that got possessed by a jinni. Now I hardly have time to do anything with it as I want to further develop my third eye.

Yeshe
14-01-2019, 03:51 PM
I love to do what I call “mirror image meditation”. I usually do this meditation in the morning when I am most alert.

I sit comfortable, stare at my reflection in the mirror, and begin meditating with my eyes open using my image in the mirror as a focal point. When I do this, I watch my face morph into other people’s faces, sometimes men, sometimes women, the most interesting part is that I tend to see the same faces over and over again, there are about 9 of them.

Do I know who the other faces are? Nope, but I usually refer to them as my “Highest Potential.” Do I know this for sure? Nope, these faces can be any number of things, figments of my imagination, my spirit guides, my past life personalities yadda yadda yadda....

I try to keep my mind as open as possible while doing this type of meditation and try not to define it as this or that, but rather just have a lot of fun exploring this type of meditation.:hug3: