PDA

View Full Version : "God is...nothing else is."

Miss Hepburn
27-10-2018, 11:22 AM
Ha! Quite the statement, eh?

That basically sums up ACIM... A Course In Miracles...
Well, and Ramana and Nisargadatta.
I dunno...can anything else be said after that !? Hahahahahlol:tongue:

Unseeking Seeker
27-10-2018, 12:56 PM
God realisation ... A case of the haves and the have-nots where the have-nots have but know not?

These words spring to mind in context to our voluntary choice to either engage in stillness or in chaos ...

Engaging in delusion of the ephemeral until one day we self exhaust the futility and need to be deluded and thereby suffer, voluntarily stepping out of the ego domain, even through the veil of ignorance we have ourselves drawn over our consciousness like a dark shroud, the divine love attribute yet percolates, getting through to us and may be imbibed by us to some measure as of our capacity automatically, signalling an orientation shift within, allowing the Universe to gradually open up our blocked channels and thereby enable us to blissfully engage in the divine continuum effortlessly.

Still_Waters
27-10-2018, 06:25 PM

With whom are you sharing this ? :smile:

Miss Hepburn
27-10-2018, 08:16 PM
...our voluntary choice to either engage in stillness or in chaos ... I love that phrase!
"Engaging in delusion of the ephemeral until one day we self exhaust the futility
and need to be deluded and thereby suffer, voluntarily stepping out of the ego domain,
even through the veil of ignorance we have ourselves drawn over our consciousness like a dark shroud,
the divine love attribute yet percolates, getting through to us and may be imbibed by us
to some measure as of our capacity automatically, signalling an orientation shift within,
allowing the Universe to gradually open up our blocked channels and thereby enable us to blissfully
engage in the divine continuum effortlessly."

You said that all in one breath :wink:....you articulated this brilliantly.
You could write a book if that is what flows out of you spontaneously, my friend!

Miss Hepburn
27-10-2018, 08:25 PM
With whom are you sharing this ? :smile:By the :) face....I assume you are tongue in cheek....hahahah....Myself....is there anyone else?

Or You pretending to be an individualized soul ...:biggrin:

Unseeking Seeker
28-10-2018, 03:46 AM
I love that phrase!

You said that all in one breath :wink:....you articulated this brilliantly.
You could write a book if that is what flows out of you spontaneously, my friend!

Thanks for resonating with the resonation! :smile:

Moondance
28-10-2018, 02:45 PM
God is...nothing else is…

That’s as good a mantra for contemplation as any - if just this pointer alone could be deeply comprehended it might just be enough for the spiritually ripe.

A wise man once wrote ‘Reality is that which, when you quit believing in it, doesn't go away’. That works for God too. If you find the idea of God too much of a stretch, perhaps too anthropomorphic, then really, don’t believe in it. Now, what’s left?

THIS… this shining radiant Reality? Another word for God.

“Hahahahahlol” indeed. :D

Chanine
28-10-2018, 09:39 PM

What a beautiful wrapper God is, when the wrapper is removed the sweet is tasted, it is swished around the mouth and the mind is licked into submission, when the sweet finally melts then nothing else is....only "God is "

Thanks for the swim to freedom :hug2:

Miss Hepburn
28-10-2018, 10:16 PM
What a beautiful wrapper God is,
when the wrapper is removed the sweet is tasted,
it is swished around the mouth and the mind is licked
into submission,
when the sweet finally melts then
nothing else is....only "God is "

Thanks for the swim to freedom :hug2:

A lot of poets in these parts...:wink:

Still_Waters
29-10-2018, 01:57 PM
By the :) face....I assume you are tongue in cheek....hahahah....Myself....is there anyone else?

Or You pretending to be an individualized soul ...:biggrin:

Perfect response ! :smile:

Unseeking Seeker
30-10-2018, 01:27 PM
God is ...
No quiz!
Just replace I, Me, Mine
With Thee, Thou, Thine!

Devoid of ploy
Bubbles of joy!
Created by the creator
Divine-entwined meditator! :hug3:

davidsun
31-10-2018, 10:11 PM

The statement "God is ... nothing else" strikes me as being pretty much the same as sloganistically saying "Jesus is Lord" or "Allah hu Akbar" (i.e. "Allah is the Greatest").

Pretty much avoids/begs the question/issue of just what is referenced by the words 'God', 'Jesus', and 'Allah', leading everyone who uses such references to (falsely, IMO) think that what he or she thinks such words mean is what they actually reference - and that there really is nothing more that is really worth saying and thinking or talking about. :icon_eek:

davidsun
31-10-2018, 10:22 PM
The statement "God is ... nothing else" strikes me as being pretty much the same as slognanistically saying "Jesus is Lord" or "Allah hu Akbar" (i.e. "Allah is the Greatest").
And then there's "Hare Krishna, Hare Rama" etc. of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyif2010aaY

Chanine
01-11-2018, 06:31 AM
The statement "God is ... nothing else" strikes me as being pretty much the same as sloganistically saying "Jesus is Lord" or "Allah hu Akbar" (i.e. "Allah is the Greatest").

Pretty much avoids/begs the question/issue of just what is referenced by the words 'God', 'Jesus', and 'Allah', leading everyone who uses such references to (falsely, IMO) think that what he or she thinks such words mean is what they actually reference - and that there really is nothing more that is really worth saying and thinking or talking about. :icon_eek:

The words have no value, the gold is in where one looks

Unseeking Seeker
01-11-2018, 11:15 AM
The words have no value, the gold is in where one looks

Undeniably!

Thought is a useful tool, at best to choose positioning

After that thought must rest, being limited

With an instrument limited, we cannot access the unlimited

Miss Hepburn
01-11-2018, 02:23 PM
Undeniably!
With an instrument limited, we cannot access the unlimitedYou just can't stop the poet in you! :hug3:

davidsun
01-11-2018, 04:10 PM

Undeniably!

With an instrument limited, we cannot access the unlimited
You and I have quite a different understanding pertaining to how useful 'tools' are, Unseeking Seeker - any kind of 'tool', including thoughts and words.

Here's an analog: how far would a person get if he/she didn't use a shovel (or something like it) to dig holes or ditches to, say, 'set' the foundation of a house or to channel rain water so as to fill a pond or lake?

I am a very practically oriented person, so the 'romanticism' of your non-approach approach as implicit in your screen name (and other utterances such as the one I am am responding to) strike me as being as airy-fairy as meaning-dissing (IMO) slogans such as "Don't worry, be happy," "Love is all your need," etc.

Not that such a non-approach approach to matters being spoken of doesn't register as The Cat's Meeow in the case of many ('romantically inclined'?) people.https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/romantic

Am just sharing an 'alternate' approach to the matters at hand to the dialogic smorgasbord.

Unseeking Seeker
01-11-2018, 05:46 PM
You and I have quite a different understanding pertaining to how useful 'tools' are, Unseeking Seeker - any kind of 'tool', including thoughts and words.

Here's an analog: how far would a person get if he/she didn't use a shovel (or something like it) to dig holes or ditches to, say, 'set' the foundation of a house or to channel rain water so as to fill a pond or lake?

I am a very practically oriented person, so the 'romanticism' of your non-approach approach as implicit in your screen name (and other utterances such as the one I am am responding to) strike me as being as airy-fairy as meaning-dissing (IMO) slogans such as "Don't worry, be happy," "Love is all your need," etc.

Not that such a non-approach approach to matters being spoken of doesn't register as The Cat's Meeow in the case of many ('romantically inclined'?) people.https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/romantic

Am just sharing an 'alternate' approach to the matters at hand to the dialogic smorgasbord.

Agreeing to disagree, respect your journey :smile:

davidsun
01-11-2018, 08:18 PM

Agreeing to disagree, respect your journey :smile:
I hope so. My 'journey' includes relating to others using meaningful (as meaningful as I can devise) words. I therefore experience anyone making statements which are dismissive of or which talk 'down' to others' use of 'words' as though they were (relatively) insignificant (instead of thoughtfully engaging with them in, albeit agreed to, disagreement) as being disrespectful in relation to the authors of those words, whether said author be me or someone else.

I am questioning/challenging the value of making simplistic (what I call sloganistic) statements in a discussion forum by the way - though, yes, of course, I agree that others' may prefer and have a right to prefer to use them as 'tools' (maps?) on their journey.

Rah nam
02-11-2018, 12:01 AM
"God is...nothing else is."

My point exactly, whether we call it god or something else, there is only One.

davidsun
02-11-2018, 12:19 AM
"God is...nothing else is."

My point exactly, whether we call it god or something else, there is only One.
My point is tha it isn't what you or anyone 'calls' IT that matters, it matters what you or they actually think IT is - that is, what It's characteristics are and what the raison d'etre of ITs (and consequently our) - meaning your, my and their, BEING really is.

Saying "God is" and "nothing else is" says nothing except (sloganistically, as I have mentioned!) that, as you put it, "there is only One." One what, Bro? Duh! Let me reassert that this is just like some mouthing "Jesus is Lord," "Allah hu Akbar," and/or chanting "Hare Krishna, Hare Rama" in 'bliss'.

Not exactly what I think of as discussion (ostensibly with others) material.

Unseeking Seeker
02-11-2018, 03:22 AM
I hope so. My 'journey' includes relating to others using meaningful (as meaningful as I can devise) words. I therefore experience anyone making statements which are dismissive of or which talk 'down' to others' use of 'words' as though they were (relatively) insignificant (instead of thoughtfully engaging with them in, albeit agreed to, disagreement) as being disrespectful in relation to the authors of those words, whether said author be me or someone else.

I am questioning/challenging the value of making simplistic (what I call sloganistic) statements in a discussion forum by the way - though, yes, of course, I agree that others' may prefer and have a right to prefer to use them as 'tools' (maps?) on their journey.

Observation ...ok
Interpretation ...ok
Conclusion ...ok (whether true or false)
Imposition? LOL Search for the imposer (imposter)!
Time for reflection! :smile:

One sees beauty ...simple
The other searches for a mathematical algorithm ...complex
What of it?
Each to his own
Peace

davidsun
02-11-2018, 05:51 PM
One sees beauty ...simple
The other searches for a mathematical algorithm ...complex
What of it?
Each to his own
Peace
Right brain, left brain - each/both a part (i.e. NOT the whole of) of 'knowing' (and 'deciding and (so) 'doing'.

Aye what, US? Yes, each to his or our 'own'!

Dan_SF
03-11-2018, 10:30 AM
Imagine an energy cloud (cloud like the ones in the sky, but made out of energy instead of anything material)

Capable of creating worlds and realities which humanoids obviously cant.

Imagine this cloud creating a body, stepping into in an pretending to be a body.

Imagine, while in this body, this energy is not free, as it should be. It is a self imposed limitation, being capable of even calling God, its source, as devil.

It would not do so if it were joined with the source. But as it thought it stepped out of the source, it believed it has accomplished it, and by its belief it is behaving as if it is so.

But nothing has happened. because eternity is its reality, in which time does not exist.

Time is for it like an cinema movie strip, rolled out.
But the sleeping cloud is only concentrating on the each frame of this movie, believing its in it and not recognizing it can concentrate at the whole movie at once, or just leave it at all.

God is, and nothing else is.

Jesus is in God, and if you call upon Jesus Christ, he will step out and help you. But you are calling only on your real self if you look on it from the Eternity's point of view.

Dan_SF
03-11-2018, 10:41 AM
When they say God is like you, but without a body, then it is true.

But think about it for a second, for then you will understand what the problem is.

If God is not a body, and you would not have a body, what is left then ?

Without a body, (provided that you do not believe that a Brain can think at all), you would only THINK.

And thinking differently than God is to oppose God. Opposing God is a loss of its creative power.

What is God ? Love or Hate/Fear ? Limitless or limited ? Justice or injustice ? Innocent or Sin ? Not a body or body ? Self or Ego ? Truth or nothing ? <- this was written for the one's who want to awake, for opposing God brings you what is not of God. Not because God want's it so, but because of your Choice not to be as God is.

God-Like
03-11-2018, 07:56 PM

This is why the neti neti approach is flawed .

There is nothing that we are not .. at a grass root level .

x daz x

davidsun
04-11-2018, 06:38 PM

x daz x
Yah, maan! If you can even meaningfully call its that, such an 'approach' totally ignores and eclipses what we indiviudally and collectively ARE!

'Wisps' of mere (delusional?) 'dreams' if anything at all!

Talk about psychospiritual dissociation! icon_eek: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociation_(psychology)

Chanine
05-11-2018, 08:42 PM
Even with all this talk it's still unchanged..

sit back and watch the ever changing within the unchanged..

Now smile :)

Miss Hepburn
05-11-2018, 10:57 PM

Now smile :) :smile:

davidsun
06-11-2018, 01:51 PM

Now smile :)
Ahhh, the great couch potato, 'sit back' choice! There's a response to what's actually here (i.e. WAS and so now IS) and continuing to go on (and so WILL BE)!

Maybe also play a fiddle or two or sing some 'praises' while you are at it ... Why not? I mean, if you are one who can't stand just sitting and watching. That's another 'free' (to god-like folks) choice! Aye what? :smile:

Chanine
06-11-2018, 09:04 PM
Ahhh, the great couch potato, 'sit back' choice! There's a response to what's actually here (i.e. WAS and so now IS) and continuing to go on (and so WILL BE)!

Maybe also play a fiddle or two or sing some 'praises' while you are at it ... Why not? I mean, if you are one who can't stand just sitting and watching. That's another 'free' (to god-like folks) choice! Aye what? :smile:

The ever expanding couch potato, peeled or unpeeled..it make no difference...very perceptive about my fiddle playing :) :hug3:

davidsun
06-11-2018, 09:56 PM
The ever expanding couch potato, peeled or unpeeled..it make no difference...very perceptive about my fiddle playing :) :hug3:
Though you may have 'gotten away' with it till now, I offer the following counter to your above statement (for all to consider), Chanine. IMO, the presumptuousness (over-confidence) exhibited by your conclusiveness in the above regard is totally unwarranted:

From my book, Godspeak 2000 (http://davidsundom.weebly.com/uploads/7/7/6/5/7765474/godspeak2k.pdf): "Life is Creativity and Creativity is causal purpose in action."

LOGIC 101: Therefore every choice (i.e. A instead of B, or B instead of A) makes a 'difference' - the word 'makes' reflecting the above reference to 'Creativity'.

Fiddle away, if that continues to be your primary 'choice'. Please know, however, that I personally 'see' such 'choice' as essentially being the same as Nero's supposed one (https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/fiddling-while-rome-burns.html)!

Chanine
07-11-2018, 07:39 PM
Though you may have 'gotten away' with it till now, I offer the following counter to your above statement (for all to consider), Chanine. IMO, the presumptuousness (over-confidence) exhibited by your conclusiveness in the above regard is totally unwarranted:

From my book, Godspeak 2000 (http://davidsundom.weebly.com/uploads/7/7/6/5/7765474/godspeak2k.pdf): "Life is Creativity and Creativity is causal purpose in action."

LOGIC 101: Therefore every choice (i.e. A instead of B, or B instead of A) makes a 'difference' - the word 'makes' reflecting the above reference to 'Creativity'.

Fiddle away, if that continues to be your primary 'choice'. Please know, however, that I personally 'see' such 'choice' as essentially being the same as Nero's supposed one (https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/fiddling-while-rome-burns.html)!

The creativity and devotion I feel in your words shine through..well done my friend, please carry on :hug2:

davidsun
07-11-2018, 08:07 PM
The creativity and devotion I feel in your words shine through..well done my friend, please carry on :hug2:
Please also know that I know that what I 'read' in your (anyone's!) words is only what I perceive on the basis of my understanding of the 'logic' they express, Chanine. What can I say except that the 'board' is such that I can only operate 'on it' as linear-logic wielding tactician. I know there has to be much more to anyone than what they actually verbally say in writing.

I am touched that you see and feel and are postively responsive in relation to my intent, which I also know my words (alone) can't possibly fully express.

:love9:

Miss Hepburn
16-11-2018, 03:04 PM
God is...nothing else is.
What freedom of sight and experience.
How simple it makes all obstacles....challenges placed in front of our own
individualized selves to our Self.

Unseeking Seeker
17-11-2018, 09:24 AM
Happy
Not snappy
Smile :smile:
Without guile

Pause the cause ...
Stay a while ...
Cognise
Realise

Oneness

Atma Varta
17-11-2018, 03:09 PM

If you believe that God will do all the things that you want Him to do, then surrender yourself to Him. OTHERWISE LET GOD ALONE AND KNOW YOURSELF .If there be true surrender, there can be no complaint or frustration.

Another beautiful line by Ramana Maharishi

Shivani Devi
12-12-2018, 01:29 AM
God is...nothing else is.
What freedom of sight and experience.
How simple it makes all obstacles....challenges placed in front of our own
individualized selves to our Self.
God is everything, including Self, but not Self exclusively.
Self-realisation is the association with Atman at the level of cognitive awareness.
God-realisation, is the integration with Paramatman at the level of Agape, which is heart based, in which the Self becomes totally lost in an ocean of Bliss.

For many years, I have tried to reconcile Bhakti with Advaita Vedanta, as I followed BOTH paths, even though they seemed to contradict each other at every turn...One being the path of duality, while the other being the path of non-duality.

Until I realised, that Duality vs Non-Duality WAS that Duality which prevented me from getting any further, and always being stuck in my "brain box". I had wracked my brain over it SO much and couldn't find a happy medium...A middle ground which incorporated both and neither simultaneously.

Then last night, I found my answer...My OWN answer and it is called Advaita Siddhanta:

https://chestofbooks.com/new-age/spirituality/saivism/Saiva-Siddhanta/Advaita-According-To-The-Saiva-Siddhanta.html

This postulates that Duality is a PART of Non Duality and vice versa, and not as an antithesis or point of counter-existence.

It came when I asked the Universe why it was that many Advaita Vedantins still worshiped a God... including Ramana Maharishi and Adi Shankaracharya, when they didn't need to because "They ARE that" and I got "Yes, I AM that, but SO is the God I worship....thus, I worship God just to remind me of this" and in this way, what is seen as "Duality" and "Non Duality" is only a matter of perception and nothing more...and one can still get stuck at that level, taking lifetimes to try and figure it out.

Still_Waters
12-12-2018, 11:31 AM
God is everything, including Self, but not Self exclusively.
Self-realisation is the association with Atman at the level of cognitive awareness.
God-realisation, is the integration with Paramatman at the level of Agape, which is heart based, in which the Self becomes totally lost in an ocean of Bliss.

For many years, I have tried to reconcile Bhakti with Advaita Vedanta, as I followed BOTH paths, even though they seemed to contradict each other at every turn...One being the path of duality, while the other being the path of non-duality.

Until I realised, that Duality vs Non-Duality WAS that Duality which prevented me from getting any further, and always being stuck in my "brain box". I had wracked my brain over it SO much and couldn't find a happy medium...A middle ground which incorporated both and neither simultaneously.

Then last night, I found my answer...My OWN answer and it is called Advaita Siddhanta:

https://chestofbooks.com/new-age/spirituality/saivism/Saiva-Siddhanta/Advaita-According-To-The-Saiva-Siddhanta.html

This postulates that Duality is a PART of Non Duality and vice versa, and not as an antithesis or point of counter-existence.

It came when I asked the Universe why it was that many Advaita Vedantins still worshiped a God... including Ramana Maharishi and Adi Shankaracharya, when they didn't need to because "They ARE that" and I got "Yes, I AM that, but SO is the God I worship....thus, I worship God just to remind me of this" and in this way, what is seen as "Duality" and "Non Duality" is only a matter of perception and nothing more...and one can still get stuck at that level, taking lifetimes to try and figure it out.

Excellent post.

Gaudapada, author of the commentary on the Mandukya Upanishad, avoided all requests to explain the multiplicity of empirical experience in the universe. He simply stated (and proved if one can indeed prove such a thing by sheer logic) that this is the very nature (Unity in Diversity) of the Effulgent Being.

It seems that you have come to the same conclusion (in different words: "Duality is a PART of Non Duality and vice versa") as I have and as Gaudapada has stated.

Welcome back !

davidsun
12-12-2018, 12:34 PM
... this is the very nature (Unity in Diversity) of the Effulgent Being.

Welcome back !
Ditto. :smile:

Shivani Devi
12-12-2018, 09:38 PM
Excellent post.

Gaudapada, author of the commentary on the Mandukya Upanishad, avoided all requests to explain the multiplicity of empirical experience in the universe. He simply stated (and proved if one can indeed prove such a thing by sheer logic) that this is the very nature (Unity in Diversity) of the Effulgent Being.

It seems that you have come to the same conclusion (in different words: "Duality is a PART of Non Duality and vice versa") as I have and as Gaudapada has stated.

Welcome back !Thank you so much! and I thank David as well. :hug3:

Yes, I was gone for quite a while there, even though I was here, so it feels good to be back to that place I never left.

I read Gaudapadacharya's Karika on the Mandukya Upanishad quite a while ago now...A few years back. There was one particular Shloka which stood out to me above all others:

अद्वैतं परमार्थो हि द्वैतं तद्भेद उच्यते ।
तेषाम् उभयथा द्वैतं तेनायं न विरुद्ध्यते ॥ १८ ॥

advaitaṃ paramārtho hi dvaitaṃ tadbheda ucyate |
teṣām ubhayathā dvaitaṃ tenāyaṃ na viruddhyate || 18 ||

As non-duality is the ultimate Reality, therefore duality is said to be its effect (Kārya or Bheda). The dualists perceive duality either way (i.e., both in the Absolute and in the phenomena). Therefore the non-dual position does not conflict with the dualist’s position.

- Gaudapada's Karika 3:18

handy guy
16-12-2018, 03:17 AM

What nothing else?

Miss Hepburn
16-12-2018, 04:02 PM
What nothing else?What do you mean...nothing else but God? I will go on that premise. :tongue:

That's right....however, the logical, rational, intellectual part of the mind
would not understand this...it is experiencial.

That's why the Buddhists so cleverly try to boggle that
logical brain/mind with their Koans...
they want that part to be switched off...
THEN, we can see something that some might call 'magical'.

Remember the very first time you finally saw the image of a jet or a whale or an elephant in
one of those 3D Prints with a multi-colored patterns? Wild wasn't it?
I particularly like this one...took me 2 seconds. :tongue:https://i.imgur.com/bEiCbAv.jpg

Untersberg56
16-12-2018, 05:11 PM
I take the Hindu view that "There is no God but God, All is Brahman."

Therefore since Brahman is everything: He watches the murderer act, and is the murderer's victim, and is also in the knife or gun and bullet by which the act is committed. And so on ad infinitum. Only in this way can He be All-knowing.

Brahman is inert, and that is the reason why prayers to Him are futile. All requests and supplications must go through an Intermediary who will act dynamically if the subject of the prayer is approved.

Miss Hepburn
16-12-2018, 06:52 PM
I take the Hindu view that "There is no God but God, All is Brahman."

Therefore since Brahman is everything: He watches the murderer act, and is
the murderer's victim, and is also in the knife or gun and bullet by which the act is committed.
And so on ad infinitum.

Only in this way can He be All-knowing.
WELL said! :thumbsup:
He is the actors on the stage....but, also the seats, the audience, the air breathed! :hug3:
You got it, my friend.

davidsun
16-12-2018, 07:45 PM
WELL said! :thumbsup:
He is the actors on the stage....but, also the seats, the audience, the air breathed! :hug3:
You got it, my friend.
The only 'question' that is then left unanswered is: What is (said) God's Nature, Purpose, Raison D'etre, Creative Objective, whatever ... it strikes me that there are a multiplicity of possible ideas/hypotheses in that regard ... how can one 'best' relate to said 'everything' Thing's 'thing'? :biggrin:

Shivani Devi
16-12-2018, 08:00 PM
I can't see anything in that green wall of vegetation except vegetation..Just leaves and more leaves... What am I missing?

Lolly
16-12-2018, 08:51 PM
I couldn't see anything in the vegetation either so I tried crossing my eyes for a second or two then refocused again and out popped a butterfly, well in popped a butterfly. So then I couldn't stop seeing it and shook my head and my vision went crosseyed on its own then back to normal.......HOWEVER, the colours on this website have now changed.....what the heck?

Send help lol why am I even laughing, how is that even possible? :D

sky
16-12-2018, 09:14 PM
What do you mean...nothing else but God? I will go on that premise. :tongue:

That's right....however, the logical, rational, intellectual part of the mind
would not understand this...it is experiencial.

That's why the Buddhists so cleverly try to boggle that
logical brain/mind with their Koans...
they want that part to be switched off...
THEN, we can see something that some might call 'magical'.

Remember the very first time you finally saw the image of a jet or a whale or an elephant in
one of those 3D Prints with a multi-colored patterns? Wild wasn't it?
I particularly like this one...took me 2 seconds. :tongue:https://i.imgur.com/bEiCbAv.jpg

A Flutterby

Miss Hepburn
16-12-2018, 09:26 PM
This is symbolic of the way we see the world...and YET, there is something we are not seeing....
there is something magical underneath...keep trying guys....how exciting for us here to hear you when you say you see it!
:wink:

Miss Hepburn
16-12-2018, 09:52 PM
The only 'question' that is then left unanswered is:
What is God's Nature, Purpose, Raison D'etre, Creative Objective, whatever..Not at all...the answer lies within you...sans any intellectualization.
Be still...it will all unfold inside you...no need to hear it from those
that have gone inside for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours within to be given this Divine Insight.
You do the work.
(It actually has been written many xs right here.
But, either you missed it or ignored it.)

sky
16-12-2018, 09:56 PM
This is symbolic of the way we see the world...and YET, there is something we are not seeing....
there is something magical underneath...keep trying guys....how exciting for us here to hear you when you say you see it!
:wink:

Why am I seeing two flutterby's now, one must have flown away previously :icon_eek: strange.

Miss Hepburn
16-12-2018, 10:02 PM
Why am I seeing two flutterby's now, one must
have flown away previously :icon_eek: strange. :tongue:
Don't question, sit back and enjoy what unfolds.

Shivani Devi
16-12-2018, 10:39 PM
I couldn't see anything in the vegetation either so I tried crossing my eyes for a second or two then refocused again and out popped a butterfly, well in popped a butterfly. So then I couldn't stop seeing it and shook my head and my vision went crosseyed on its own then back to normal.......HOWEVER, the colours on this website have now changed.....what the heck?

Send help lol why am I even laughing, how is that even possible? :D
I tried that, but I still can't see anything...but then again, I am not very good with these kinds of things...must be the way my brain works, but thanks for explaining it...sorta like that Yanni vs Laurel thing...I couldn't hear either (and still could not after I was shown).
Must have something to do with my ASD...That must be it....

Lolly
16-12-2018, 11:24 PM
Four butterflies in that foliage :D :wink:

Unseeking Seeker
17-12-2018, 03:00 AM

Somehow, these words come to mind, surrendered to the hearts of those who wish to receive them in quietude:

The pathless path

How many here ..
Someone ...
Anyone ...
Is ready ...
Willing...
Thoughtlessly desirous ...
To plunge in ...
Uninhibitedly
Into the sea of oneness
Dissolving identity
Dissolving the self
Without thought
Without fear
With joy
With trust
That he is safe
In the arms
Of formlessness
Of absoluteness
Is someone ...
Anyone ...
Ready?

sky
17-12-2018, 08:11 AM
:tongue:
Don't question, sit back and enjoy what unfolds.

I certainly am enjoying, thanks to you :smile:

davidsun
17-12-2018, 12:43 PM
I tried that, but I still can't see anything...but then again, I am not very good with these kinds of things...must be the way my brain works, but thanks for explaining it...sorta like that Yanni vs Laurel thing...I couldn't hear either (and still could not after I was shown).
Must have something to do with my ASD...That must be it....
I don't 'see' 'em butterflies either. But then others don't 'see' what I 'see' - that doesn't necessarily mean that what I 'see' isn't related to what is called 'God' OR that what they 'see' necessary is.

Shivani Devi
17-12-2018, 01:10 PM
I don't 'see' 'em butterflies either. But then others don't 'see' what I 'see' - that doesn't necessarily mean that what I 'see' isn't related to what is called 'God' OR that what they 'see' necessary is.
That's cool to know I am not the only one who can't see the butterflies..but I have no doubt they are there...or those "Magic Eye" books that I never saw any hidden images in either, wouldn't have sold like hotcakes in the late '80's..

However, when it comes to finding "Wally", give me all of three seconds staring at the whole picture...I'll get where that little bugger is hiding every time...

To be honest, I'm tired and fed up with talking about God. I'm pretty much a "dualist" and I'm happy being whatever it is that I am... whatever that is. Others have their ideas... that's cool too.

Many people follow Ramana Maharishi, Swami Vivekananda, Sri Aurobindo.. Nisargadatta Maharaj, Adyashanti, Adi Shankaracharya etc... That's cool..

Others (like me) seem to like Matsyendranath, Basavanna, Patanjali, Swami Satyananda Saraswati, Lakulisha, Sambandhar, Emperor Ashoka... That's cool.

In fact, I find myself in total disagreement with just about everybody, but that's fine too...but it isn't really conducive to any discussion about "spirituality" or "God" because I'm not going to change and I really don't care who knows it or what they have to say about that...

...and before anybody says that I am being selfish, prideful and/or stubborn..yes, and I am very happy being that way and can't change for another living person...God, on the other hand... different story.

davidsun
17-12-2018, 03:02 PM
... it isn't really conducive to any discussion about "spirituality" or "God" because I'm not going to change and I really don't care who knows it or what they have to say about that...
I think you've said the equivalent of that (and everything else in the above post) before. Being a person who hypothesizes there must be a 'reason' why someone does what he or she does, I assume there's a 'reason' for your restating it.

Miss Hepburn
17-12-2018, 04:11 PM
Hi!
Hey, keep trying to see what is there in what seems to be just a green pattern!

Page 5, post #43....it's so fun when you finally see what's really there!
Gotta trust me! :wink: Pretty please.:smile:

*The weirdest thing....I did it again....but it took me like 15 whole seconds this time!
When it usually takes less than 2...whassup with that?! Too cool, tho, when it happens.

iamthat
17-12-2018, 06:20 PM
I can't see anything in that green wall of vegetation except vegetation..Just leaves and more leaves... What am I missing?

Don't focus on the image, just relax and focus on a point about a foot behind the image. Then the hidden image will materialise.

This doesn't seem to work for people with particular eye conditions, such as one eye being dominant or astigmatism.

Peace.

Shivani Devi
17-12-2018, 07:15 PM
I think you've said the equivalent of that (and everything else in the above post) before. Being a person who hypothesizes there must be a 'reason' why someone does what he or she does, I assume there's a 'reason' for your restating it.
The reason for me "restarting" it when I never really finished it, so it is not a "restart" but a "continuation"...is to talk myself into spending less time on here because I cannot say anything "different" to what I have already said a hundred times before...and the only one who needs convincing of that is myself..

So, I have tried everything, still can't see the butterflies, but I DO have one dominant eye...and so, I will just pretend that I can see them, and just say that I can see them, UNTIL the universe manifests them for me due to my imagination...solved!

Shivani Devi
17-12-2018, 07:30 PM
https://goo.gl/images/J5jiY2

There we go, I can see butterflies now...I just needed a different picture to look at. =)

Moondance
17-12-2018, 07:47 PM
So, I have tried everything, still can't see the butterflies, but I DO have one dominant eye...and so, I will just pretend that I can see them, and just say that I can see them, UNTIL the universe manifests them for me due to my imagination...solved!

Try this Shivani. Come close to the screen (about five or six inches away.) Properly cross your eyes. Now slowly move your head away. When you see it you can uncross your eyes and it will remain.

Shivani Devi
17-12-2018, 08:01 PM
When I move closer or further away from the image and cross/uncross my eyes, all I see are two images that are the same, but no butterflies..

Do I need to keep trying to look at that image to see butterflies, when I have an image that I CAN see butterflies on?...and so, the picture Miss H posted, is good for all those who CAN see the butterflies there, but the picture I posted, is for all those who cannot see the butterflies in the picture that Miss H posted, but wish to still see butterflies, none the less...If the whole practice is all about "seeing butterflies".

Also, I feel that many can try and tell me how to see the butterflies in Miss H's picture, but if I have a medical condition that prevents me from seeing them THERE, then I will let all who can see butterflies in that picture see their butterflies, while I will be happy to see the same butterflies in MY picture...

Shivani Devi
17-12-2018, 08:20 PM
I have been trying to look at magic eye pictures all over the internet and STILL cannot see anything in any of those either....turns out I have absolutely NO stereo vision whatsoever...I see everything in mono, even though I have two eyes and I often have to move my head and not my eyes to see things...I also know I was pretty much born with whatever this is.

Shivani Devi
17-12-2018, 08:45 PM
I much prefer illusions that I CAN see!
https://goo.gl/images/dtXq8G

I guess that I am in a very exclusive minority when it comes to a LOT of things like this though, and it is not only my eyes that seem to be affected, but ALL my senses are like it!

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/5279069/yanny-laurel-explanation

https://youtu.be/bLpROhIg9eA

ROFL!!!

SOLVED!

Shivani Devi
17-12-2018, 10:03 PM
I decided to test all of this out on my family, just out of scientific curiosity.

I showed that picture just now, to my mother and brother who couldn't see anything at all either, but my sister in law saw butterflies straight away...she tried to show us how to see them, but still myself, my mother and my brother could not.

Then I tried the "Yanni vs Laurel" thing and asked my mother and brother independently, what they heard and both said "Betty" (which is what I heard also... without saying so to them) and yet, my sister in law heard "Laurel" clear as day..

Conclusion? Whatever I have that won't let me see butterflies in that picture, or cannot ascribe apophenia or pareidolia is genetically inherited! and I just don't have the gene that lets me see butterflies in that picture...and I cannot roll my tongue either...

Miss Hepburn
18-12-2018, 12:39 AM
Don't focus on the image, just relax and focus on a point about a foot behind the image.
Then the hidden image will materialise.

Good one.
It seems to happen almost when you get bored and your eyes are a little tired
and it suddenly comes onto view! So hard to explain.

Lolly
18-12-2018, 05:31 PM
I much prefer illusions that I CAN see!
https://goo.gl/images/dtXq8G

I guess that I am in a very exclusive minority when it comes to a LOT of things like this though, and it is not only my eyes that seem to be affected, but ALL my senses are like it!

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/5279069/yanny-laurel-explanation

https://youtu.be/bLpROhIg9eA

ROFL!!!

SOLVED!

Loving that video :biggrin: For what its worth, I can still be looking for Wally 3 weeks later and still not find him lol

Shivani Devi
18-12-2018, 10:07 PM
Loving that video :biggrin: For what its worth, I can still be looking for Wally 3 weeks later and still not find him lol
Thank you sweetie. :hug3:

I am over feeling "left out" because I can't do, what according to statistics, 95% of people can do, and I just happen to be in that 5℅ and so, I need to compensate (overcompensate) somehow..and that takes the form of my photographic and eidetic memory that only 5℅ of people have.

While I may not be able to see any butterflies (and I am over that now), getting me to mention 50 things that I saw in a room after only being in there for ten seconds... different story.

I like that video as well...I found it yesterday when I was researching pareidolia and how other people's brains can "fill in the blanks" to make stuff sound like anything they believe it does...That video is the most hilarious example I found and I thought it would make "someone's day".

Other than that, I am presently in rebellion to all of these rigid thinking styles about God..."God can't have a name"... "God cannot exist as a being"..."whatever you conceive of God to be isn't God"...."God is beyond duality".."God doesn't exist outside your mind" etc...and I am totally enjoying doing things because I CAN do them and I WANT to do them, even though it is "wrong" and "taboo" to everyone else...this is why I love and practice Tantra.

.....but I have ALWAYS been this way...tell me something "can't be done" and I will go out of my way to do it...tell me I am "bad" or "wrong" and so I should stop doing it will only strengthen my resolve and heightens my involvement. I do the opposite of spiritual humanity because I am a rebel WITH a cause...not to believe anything anybody else tells me - regardless of HOW honest and truthful they are.

So, unless God stopped being omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient all of a sudden, limited by OUR human brains to say what God can NOT be/do/have, is just as bad (if not worse) than those who ascribe a name or a form TO God....this is reductionism at its finest hour.

davidsun
19-12-2018, 02:32 PM
So, unless God stopped being omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient all of a sudden, limited by OUR human brains to say what God can NOT be/do/have, is just as bad (if not worse) than those who ascribe a name or a form TO God....this is reductionism at its finest hour.
Yup.

I think it is all about each of us 'gods' 'creating' our 'own' 'reality' poem in the context (matrix? mater-mother) of a UNIverse (a conjoint superordinate 'Reality') wherein everyone and everything is 'creating' his, her or its 'own' 'reality'.

The (only?) possible benefit of participating in discussion wherein anyone/everyone can verbally 'present' others with his or her own thoughts and feelings (including agreements and disagreements) pertaining to said superordinate 'Reality', is that we and/or open-minded and welcoming-hearted (other) participants may pick up some 'pointers' which helps us or them to 'create' a 'reality' for ourselves and/or them which we or they are happier with because it enables ur or them to be more positively functional therein. It's all voluntary.

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another." (Romans 14) :smile:

handy guy
22-12-2018, 12:33 PM
there is only one of us, the rest is a movie.

davidsun
22-12-2018, 01:02 PM
LOGIC 202: There is "only one" means that there is no "the rest", let alone that (i.e. "the rest") being something "else"! :D

handy guy
22-12-2018, 05:49 PM
sounds like are you saying you have never seen the movie...?

davidsun
22-12-2018, 11:40 PM
sounds like are you saying you have never seen the movie...?
I am a 'seer'. But that's how 'I' sound to you, apparently.

handy guy
23-12-2018, 12:17 AM
and "I" say I am a handy guy - so what?

Btw. logic 202 only works for construction 202. Besides who needs logic to see you're a nice guy?

davidsun
23-12-2018, 12:27 AM
and "I" say I am a handy guy - so what?

Btw. logic 202 only works for construction 202. Besides who needs logic to see you're a nice guy?
I take you as meaning what you say.

Kerubiel
23-12-2018, 07:21 AM
Yup.

I think it is all about each of us 'gods' 'creating' our 'own' 'reality' poem in the context (matrix? mater-mother) of a UNIverse (a conjoint superordinate 'Reality') wherein everyone and everything is 'creating' his, her or its 'own' 'reality'.

The (only?) possible benefit of participating in discussion wherein anyone/everyone can verbally 'present' others with his or her own thoughts and feelings (including agreements and disagreements) pertaining to said superordinate 'Reality', is that we and/or open-minded and welcoming-hearted (other) participants may pick up some 'pointers' which helps us or them to 'create' a 'reality' for ourselves and/or them which we or they are happier with because it enables ur or them to be more positively functional therein. It's all voluntary.

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another." (Romans 14) :smile:

Yeah, I suppose, but for me I never quite found a shared reality with other master dreamers present within it. I did create my own realities with "drop spots" where pther master dreamers may land within my reality. The drop spots reaching the multiverses with access extending outward to both mine and other master's locations.

I also had to so masters could drop in anytime where I was. I didnt like that tho, as some of them would interfere with my own reality. So I stopped doing that.

These days I keep it simple. I stay for the most part in an average reality, heavily blessed and beautiful. People dont know me here, and I keep to myself watching from a distance the little things life has to offer.

davidsun
23-12-2018, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I suppose, but for me I never quite found a shared reality with other master dreamers present within it. I did create my own realities with "drop spots" where other master dreamers may land within my reality. The drop spots reaching the multiverses with access extending outward to both mine and other master's locations.
Note: 'conjoint' (and in that sense 'shared') doesn't mean that one always is, or ever 'should' be, in agreement (in the sense of 'aligned') with any and all other 'dreamers', so-called 'master dreamers' included. :smile:

Extreme analogical example: The 'dreams' of white blood cells (leukocytes) are along the lines of indentifying and and eliminating the 'dreams' of anti-life elements from the 'body' of a being.

I am glad you've dream-set things up so I could dream-drop 'into' your dream like this, Kerubial. High-Five, Fellow-Dreamer!:tweety:

I also had to so masters could drop in anytime where I was. I didnt like that tho, as some of them would interfere with my own reality. So I stopped doing that.
I still continue to be open to 'surveying' the 'field' of other 'dreamers', which means I allow (sometimes I even look for) others 'dreams' to 'drop in' on me/mine. But I am quick to go 'my own' way nowadays as soon as I have finished considering and either choosing to join in or separate from said 'other' dreamers dreams. I don't 'allow' for what I think you mean by 'interference', in other words.

These days I keep it simple. I stay for the most part in an average reality, heavily blessed and beautiful. People don't know me here, and I keep to myself watching from a distance the little things life has to offer.
Not many 'know' or 'groove with' the specifics of my dream. But I am still in 'the more (who know) the merrier' mode. The simpler to execute 'watching from a distance' mode is just a second best 'fallback' dream, in my case.
:hug3:

Miss Hepburn
23-12-2018, 02:35 PM
You get it. You really get it. :wink:there is only one of us, the rest is a movie.

handy guy
23-12-2018, 05:14 PM
:smile: :walk:

ketzer
24-12-2018, 02:08 PM

x daz x
Flawed perhaps, but as good as any other approach I suppose.

At the grass root level, we are no thing, and therefore we can become any thing we wish to, and back again...and again... and again....

ketzer
24-12-2018, 02:12 PM

God is.... nothing else is.
God is everything that is.
I am God.
I am everything that is.
I is.... nothing else is.

davidsun
24-12-2018, 08:44 PM
You get it. You really get it. :wink:
Let's see if I have this right: I 'read' the above statements to mean:

(1) that 'the one' (i.e. 'God') is the script writer, producer, director of and the multiple actors in said 'movie', and

(2) that 'us' actors individually (hopefully!) getting to the point of realizing and so basically dismissing what's going on 'in' said 'movie' as just being a hologramatic 'image' of said 'God' is whole 'point' (i.e. the 'punch line') of the 'movie'?

That's the whole 'reason' for God's whimsical 'creation', IOW?

handy guy
24-12-2018, 09:21 PM
I' don't know, btw. what would you trade that black cap for? I got a new red one by mistake that is available. :smile:

davidsun
24-12-2018, 11:36 PM
I' don't know, btw. what would you trade that black cap for? I got a new red one by mistake that is available. :smile:
That's a John Deere (logo) hat a friend brought me back from her visit with to frends who work for the company in Germany. No trade, no how. Very 'sorry' for your mistake! :hug:

handy guy
25-12-2018, 12:26 AM
Thanks David, don't mind me that last full moon kind of blew my mind :smile:

Kerubiel
25-12-2018, 05:06 AM
Note: 'conjoint' (and in that sense 'shared') doesn't mean that one always is, or ever 'should' be, in agreement (in the sense of 'aligned') with any and all other 'dreamers', so-called 'master dreamers' included. :smile:

Extreme analogical example: The 'dreams' of white blood cells (leukocytes) are along the lines of indentifying and and eliminating the 'dreams' of anti-life elements from the 'body' of a being.

I am glad you've dream-set things up so I could dream-drop 'into' your dream like this, Kerubial. High-Five, Fellow-Dreamer!:tweety:

I still continue to be open to 'surveying' the 'field' of other 'dreamers', which means I allow (sometimes I even look for) others 'dreams' to 'drop in' on me/mine. But I am quick to go 'my own' way nowadays as soon as I have finished considering and either choosing to join in or separate from said 'other' dreamers dreams. I don't 'allow' for what I think you mean by 'interference', in other words.

Not many 'know' or 'groove with' the specifics of my dream. But I am still in 'the more (who know) the merrier' mode. The simpler to execute 'watching from a distance' mode is just a second best 'fallback' dream, in my case.
:hug3:

yeah interference sucks. I used to dream with dream teachers, inorganic life forms from an inorganic dream realm. They were notorious for teaching feats of power and yet they would often interfere seeking their own power over their apprentices dreams. Took me awhile to gain a foothold over my own dreaming in order to keep them out.

What are the specifics of your 'groove'? lol

davidsun
25-12-2018, 02:01 PM
You got 'out' from 'under' - nice "you-can't-con-an-honest-man,-not-for-long-at-least" wrestling, dude! :biggrin:

What are the specifics of your 'groove'? lol
Lots of 'tracks' on my record (link to my website below).

I'll send you a PM with links to my most BIG-PICTURE focused writings (to date).

Miss Hepburn
26-12-2018, 06:17 AM
God is.... nothing else is.
God is everything that is.
I am God.
I am everything that is.
I is.... nothing else is. :smile:...

Joe Mc
26-12-2018, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the post and reminder of a time i spent in London. I believe I learned something about Is-ness. It was a surprise. Sometimes my humanity draws close to the knowledge imparted some 20 years later but that knowledge will not conform or be fenced in by anything unless it wants to be. I mean it cannot be ever fully explained in our human deeds. I thought id write a word or two in form of a verse. Thank you.

I have understood you my Lord
Shining and unassuming
in the heart of the City
Your breath on things of
creation here
Finer than
floating lines
or the cuts in diamond stones
Signing to me in an intelligence
that will never be known
by the minds of men
I have understood you
because i did not want to die
But you came all the same
To meet me there
And to let me compromise
For awhile
a lowly son made wise.

Miss Hepburn
29-12-2018, 01:11 AM
I have understood you my Lord
Shining and unassuming
in the heart of the City
Your breath on things of
creation here
Finer than
floating lines
or the cuts in diamond stones
Signing to me in an intelligence
that will never be known
by the minds of men
I have understood you
because i did not want to die
But you came all the same
To meet me there
And to let me compromise
For awhile
a lowly son made wise.

Be-a-u-t-i-ful ....I just bolded extra special images I loved.

Joe Mc
30-12-2018, 11:11 AM
Be-a-u-t-i-ful ....I just bolded extra special images I loved.

Thank you. Namaste:smile: