PDA

View Full Version : What are you absolutely favourite stone? and why?

A peaceful mind.
04-03-2011, 07:03 AM
I hope this thread would share some light on different kinds of stone and how they work.

My absolute favorite stone of them all is

The Herkimer diamond

Herkimer diamonds aren't diamonds. They are quartz formations which, because of their brilliance and diamond shape they've been given that name
In crystal layouts these are probably the most effective crystals to use to release energy blockages. They are particularly helpful when placed between chakras.

A Herkimer diamond, like all forms of clear quartz, will enhance the energy of any crystal it is placed within a crystal layout.

One last quality of Herkimer diamonds is that they seem to have the ability to raise human energy levels, and are thus recommended whenever you need more cheer in your life.

With a long list of attributes that make them valuable to anyone who uses crystals in conjunction with their spiritual work, Herkimer diamonds are reputed to induce joy, inspire independence, improve every type of relationship, make it easier to access the higher spiritual realms, and enhance everything that happens in the dream state. If you take the time to experiment, what you discover about these unique crystals will show you exactly why these properties have been attached to them.

More info on the Herkimer diamond

http://lifestreasureskauai.com/blog/crystals/herkimer-diamonds-the-master-class-crystal/

Yours

A peaceful mind

Llwyncwn
04-03-2011, 08:02 AM
Thanks for sharing, will read up on the Herkimer diamond as it sounds perfect for me right now.

Being fairly new to working with crystals, the one which has become prominent (cant put it down) is a yellow citrine, when I hold it my throat chakra immediately activates (not sure what this means at the moment) and I get a rush of emotion and happiness and a sort of 'knowing'.

Rose quartz is another which gives a certain feeling and awakening for me.

I will watch this thread with great interest :D

Saggi
05-03-2011, 07:29 PM
My Rose Quartz, it fits perfectly in my hand and I've spent nearly every night with it for the last few years.

It's with me when I'm dreaming, cleansing and healing and other times it's just there.

My Tiger's Eye is important too, it opens my eyes!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Ciqala
08-03-2011, 09:09 AM
I love my little herkimer diamonds, they vibrate with such high loving frequency, and get so excited whenever i hold them :) awwwww.

My favourites always change...
Right now I am in love with Charoite, the beautiful purple ray stone, and i carry it in my medicine pouch at all times. It is a perfect teacher and guide for my spiritual life path right now, i think all shamans and medicine people should have a piece of charoite. It is a powerful cleanser of the spirit body, and is a great protector against psychic attacks and all negativity.

It brings up subconscious fears, and gives love and courage to face shadows and fears, and gives healing to old patterns and imbalance, it is a transformation stone, so do not get charoite if you do not want to work on your self in order to transform, but this is necessary if ones life path is to be a healer. It also helps in accessing past life memories - and aids in mending past life wounds.
Charoite also helps merge the heart and the crown chakra together, which allows for deeper spiritual abilities merged with unconditional love. It is the stone for revealing ones path of service, and it is inclined to helping us stick to our path of service in many ways. It's a highly spiritual stone, and helps with pretty much all one would want to learn spiritually.
The chakras it opens is, Crown, Third Eye, Soul Star, Solar Plexus, Root, and Earth Star.
Just like Moldavite, Charoite is a strict, clear and powerful teacher, and when one tries to stray for their spiritual path and work, Charoite will intervene.
It's my favourite stone right now :)

Ciqala
08-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Since i am bored and cannot sleep, i'm going to document my other three top favez!

Azurite - It is the perfect blue ray stone, great for activating the third eye and crown, and i love my little azurite :) Strong amazing vibration, great personality, good for strengthening the etheric body, and aura. Awakens intuition and psychic ability, it's the stone of vision, assists in past life recall. great spiritual stone.

Merkibite Calcite - This stone, is the most amazing stone - it works on the third eye chakras all the way to the crown, all the way and beyond the crown, through the etheric, 8th chakra and beyond! It can take you on travels to different dimensions and higher frequencies, this stone is one of the highest frequency stones. It's named after the Merkabah. They tap into the inner template to ascension of ones consciousness.

Green BC Jade: one of my native spirit guides wears a jade necklace, thus i too wear a jade necklace, it looks amazing, but jade is an amazing stone for opening the heart chakra and all aspects of opening to and feeling love, and apparently it also attracts riches and abundance and happiness to ones life, as well as another feature i enjoy, is it helps balance and root you to nature, so wherever you are, you can always feel connected to mother earth.

SunMist
08-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Scolecite for clearing and peace.

Neville
08-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Nuummite,

At 3 Billion years old it is one of the oldest rocks and the planet , I cannot begin to describe the magic and potency within this stone.

Here is an article about it which I wrote and published last year :smile:

http://www.bukisa.com/articles/377503_nuummite

norseman
08-03-2011, 10:36 AM
As well as wandering the moors, I also wander the sea shore, beachcombing. On my beach, nearby, I have found lots of hag stones and small pieces of amber [North Sea coast] but my prize possession from that beach is a flint arrow head - the mythical elf bolt ! I think it must have been washed up from the Drowned Doggerland.

CJ82Sky
08-03-2011, 01:50 PM
opal my birthstone is the first thing that comes to mind, but also my clear quartz crystal that i love that i found in the forest as a child. it was definitely put there for me by my guide. hmm apparently it doesn't like being photographed since i can't get a decent picture. anyway it has a small partially embedded full crystal inside it (with the lower end out a little along the back) and it's a solid 7 sided that is about 2" long and has a little bit of iridescence to it. i've read that a partially embedded crystal is good for past life memories which has always seemed to be a talent? vision? whatever you want to call it haha of mine so it just is really a fitting stone for me :)

LightFilledHeart
08-03-2011, 03:31 PM
I love my little herkimer diamonds, they vibrate with such high loving frequency, and get so excited whenever i hold them

I have a lovely herkimer diamond pendant. It's set in yellow gold and has a small saphire mounted in the center of the band of gold wrapped around (and securing) the herkimer. I know all quarts crystals are amplifiers, so the energy of the saphire is amplified by it's close proximity to the herkimer. Herkimers are small but mighty! They are naturally double terminated, immensely clear, very sparkly and pack a powerful energetic punch. I adore mine! :smile:

Topaz
10-03-2011, 01:25 PM
I love Seraphinite at the moment :) x

Topaz
05-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Nuummite,

At 3 Billion years old it is one of the oldest rocks and the planet , I cannot begin to describe the magic and potency within this stone.

Here is an article about it which I wrote and published last year :smile:

http://www.bukisa.com/articles/377503_nuummite

Neville thank you for your article . I had a lovely meditation with my new Nummite and wow its so potent :)

I have bought a lovely piece which I will make into a pendant :angel8:

alokbiyanikolkata
06-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Gr8 thread.. I liked it..!

A peaceful mind.
18-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Finally I found a place where I could get Nuummite. I am looking forward to meditate with it and see what result it gives. The best result for me yet is the Herkimer diamond, it’s just so strong and the vibration from this stone can make me warm and clean in some way.

Ill post the result from my meditation I get from Nuummite – well I am so existed :O)

Silver
18-08-2011, 07:28 PM
I've got some nuumite coming my way shortly along with a selenite rose piece. I haven't been at this healing / metaphysical stone/chrystal collecting long, but so far, I've had my socks knocked off by the Rainbow Fluorite wand and the Green Fluorite wand I received about a week ago (and the citrine tumbled bits that came along with). The wands were both sold as Rainbow Fluorite but one is mostly clearish-green. The night I unwrapped them and was handling and looking at them, I was so incredibly relaxed, can't remember the last time I felt that relaxed. They are so soothing.

Kristin050585
18-08-2011, 07:32 PM
There are so many stones I absolutely love. I have been collecting fluorite because it happens to have mine and my boyfriends favorite colors. I have been attracted to green tourmaline lately. I have a few really nice pieces in my room. Probably right now my favorite piece in the house is a piece of green quartz, but it is from china and it has a druzy all over it. It is a newly discovered piece. I've never seen anything like it before.

Moonkestrel
20-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Aegirine........

A peaceful mind.
22-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Well I got my tree Nuummite stones.

I gave one to my mother to experiment with and she got great results almost Immediately. She felt the energy from the stone and the effects after 1 hour.

Myself well haven’t felt anything overwhelming with this stone, but yes I feel it vibrations but its like I have to get use to its vibrations. I have no doubt that I will be happy with its effect.

Well why not share where I got it so you 2 can try it out – it wasn’t so expensive. The e mail address below is to a place that sends the stone directly from Greenland. You can get it in different kinds. Raw polished and so one…

Bjarne Ljungdahl

[email protected]

Take care.

A Peaceful Mind

geminilite
22-08-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm loving Brazillian Phenacite right now, just has such an amazing energy to it and brilliant for third eye work :D xx

Amethyst Angel
22-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Amethyst is my favourite crystal, hence my forum name, but it is also my birthstone, but apart from that it was the first crystal I ever had and it cured me of insomnia when I didn't even know what crystal healing was, which was about 17 years ago.
Since then it has always been my favourite crystal and I've never been without it.

Neville
22-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Clear Quartz, In all it's formations, from Lemurian to Lightlibrary, From Record Keeper to Sphere..

The reason being that Clear Quartz is to Crystal work what Lavender is to Aromatherapy or what recue remedy is to flower extracts. Clear Quartz is a real one for all purpose crystal that traverses so many diifferent applications and is used to treat physical, emotional, mental and spiritual maladies and for meditation..Actually getting your consciosness off and away whilst being completely protected...

Have I sold it enough yet :)

Likes2Read
31-08-2011, 04:08 AM
I'm a HUGE fan of clear quartz. Judging by its wide availability in everything from jewelry to sculptures, I think I'm far from alone. I've been fascinated by it ever since I saw pictures of a quartz crystal in a science book in second or third grade. I couldn't imagine that a ROCK could be CLEAR. And if I thought the photo of it was fascinating, well, I liked it even more when I saw it in person years later. :)