PDA

View Full Version : help?

TT85
02-03-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi everyone,

I am new to this group and also new to any of this really ...
I just went to see a psychic/medium last night for the first time (I have had some short tea leaf/tarot card readings before, but not a medium) and am feeling quite lost, upset confused.

I went in there with an open mind and positive energy not really knowing what to expect, but also not expecting too much so as not to be disappointed. My main reason in going was in hopes that my Mom and/or Grandpa would come through to me (I lost them both within the last 5.5 yrs), but decided not to specify anything to her right away as I wanted to see what happened. About 1/2 way through our session she said that there was a "grandma" looking lady standing behind me and asked if I had lost a grandma (which I have on one side). I don't think she really had a lot to say about this Grandma, but was briefly describing to me what she looked like and some personality traits (they didn't really fit with my Grandma that had past).
Later on in the session I asked her if someone that had passed had to come through on their own or if it was something that she was aware of she could maybe contact them? I then decided to tell her about my MOm and Grandpa. A bit later she said she saw my Mom ... just saw a lady with a really big warm smile on her face. The things she said were very comforting: she loves you, will look after my unborn children and after ... that she was very happy and proud of me ... I was her baby .. etc... general stuff. Then later on when I think it was the end of the session (We did go over a bit in time) she said that my Mom said she had to go now....

I want to believe ... I do ... and I really do think there is something else out there, but I can't help but think that maybe I with a fake medium? Any thoughts, tips, would be greatly appreciated.

When I first left I felt very happy and had a good little cry, but then the next day for some reason I just feel very upset, unsettled and disturbed a bit.

Thanks for listening ...
TT

Serenity Bear
02-03-2011, 01:30 PM
For the novice the readings with a medium can be a mind field. The one you sat with sort of sounds OK but it does sounds like she was fishing a bit.

A Good medium wont ask questions, they simply say I feel this or that . A cold reader will ask a question and then a while later repeat the information back to you that you already told them.

The medium should describe the person you have to such detail you know who they are speaking to. They should then carry on with other evidence like the work they did, or memorable events that would make you certain of the identity of said person. The personality of the spirit should really come out to you.

Once the person has been identified to you, then they move on to what the message was from that particular person.

Some mediums will work just with one spirit and some with multiples, it just depends on the reading in question.

Some mediums can give names, dates, telephone numbers, addresses or road names - it just depends on their standard (ie how good they are).

Unfortunately in the mediumship circles there are a lot of bad mediums and mediums not ready for readings and platform work putting themselves out there, so sadly the standard is dropping. Many of the larger churches are trying to keep the standard up, but even within the communicty their are those who squabble about this subject.

If I were you I would go along to your local spiritualist church for a few services, if your relatives want to come through they will. This is also free, other then entrance fee and a pound for the collection. If you want a reading they maybe able to advise you on a good medium to see.

I am totally biased but I do love Spiritualist National Union mediums as I just know they will be of a good standard.

astralsuzy
03-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Bear gave you good advice. Anyone can say that they are a medium or phychic and have no training, qualifications or anything. Forget that for a moment and think about your reading. Did she say something that only you could know? Such as any secrets or what she used to say that only you would know. Anyone can say the same thing about someone, she was a around you, she loves you etc. Some people are very clever. They can give the same information that would fit almost everyone with their personality. Most people have lost grand-parents. You made a mistake by telling her about your mother and grand-father. You gave her information.
Try not to feel upset. Just think it was a learning experience and put it behind you. I think a lot of people have done similar things. I know I have.