PDA

View Full Version : what do you feel is the best to work with?

Remembering Sophia
05-02-2011, 04:59 PM
I like to wear my stones as jewelry, and I usually buy natural gemstone beads. I was just wondering if I could get some opinions about what others find works best- beads, tumbled stones, raw untouched stones?

spirit72
05-02-2011, 05:14 PM
I use tumble stones, I have a selection of them, I pick out the ones I am drawn to on anyone day... A little extra power in my pocket..

Medium_Laura
05-02-2011, 05:35 PM
I also love tumbled but I do have some raw (unpolished) stones that I work with. It's all a matter of what feels right to you. I don't think buffing them up changes them. Putting holes in them, yes.

Volune
05-02-2011, 07:09 PM
One need some tumble stones, some raw ones for gems like quartz, some mix stones of beads for gems like jasper, jade, gold, and silver.

deep
06-02-2011, 04:03 AM
I also love tumbled but I do have some raw (unpolished) stones that I work with. It's all a matter of what feels right to you. I don't think buffing them up changes them. Putting holes in them, yes.

Could I ask what you mean by putting holes in the stones changing them, Medium_Laura?
I love both tumbler and rough stones but lately I'm more drawn to rough. I love wearing my stones as jewelry and having them near my body.:smile:

Medium_Laura
06-02-2011, 04:19 AM
When you put a hole in a stone that is used for energy work, a teacher of mine said that you are "letting out" the energy of the stone and therefore it will not work for you as it should. Wire wrapping to make a pendulum or to wear is suggested.

deep
06-02-2011, 06:28 AM
I see:smile: Thank you for clarifying.

Remembering Sophia
08-02-2011, 12:11 AM
All of the jewelry I have made with gemstone beads has worked for me, but I haven’t tried working with tumbled or raw stones to be able to compare the two. I do have a 2 inch diameter quartz crystal sphere that I use to help me connect that is really powerful; do you think it is because it’s not drilled or because it’s a large crystal quartz?

Medium_Laura
08-02-2011, 12:40 AM
quartz is very powerful :)

Spiritlite
08-02-2011, 12:43 AM
Mine is cheap jewlery is how I wear mine, I have a variety, amethyst to help me calm down, clear quartz to help me spiritually, tourmaline black to protect me, moonstone I wear on full moons I could go on LOL
Spiritlite.

Spiritlite
08-02-2011, 12:44 AM
When you put a hole in a stone that is used for energy work, a teacher of mine said that you are "letting out" the energy of the stone and therefore it will not work for you as it should. Wire wrapping to make a pendulum or to wear is suggested.

Wow did not know that thanks......xoxo:hug2:

deep
08-02-2011, 07:38 AM
I just recieved 3 strands of rough aragonite, rose quartz and prehnite and I'm so excited. I love to just look at them and can't wait to wear them. I think I may enjoy the raw unpolished stones most:smile: Amazing to me how appealing they are.

Volune
08-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Wire rapping does not work for every situation and is truthfully the moderate way to use crystals and gemstones.

Topaz
08-02-2011, 10:53 PM
I've just bought a wonderful rough sputnick Aragonite necklace with aqua aqua beads .