PDA

View Full Version : A New Forum

Shivani Devi
13-09-2016, 09:48 AM
For Advaita on it's own...YES!

Oh the many joys I am going to have here! I mean, the Hindu section should have it's own sub-section for this, but at least it is included, so I am not complaining.

I am a non-dualist as such...until my heart becomes involved in it.

I followed the path of Advaita (Non-duality) for many years...I studied all of the Vedas and Upanishads and went into solipsism entirely...

I followed the path of 'neti neti' (not this, not that)...until I turned it on it's head and went 'iti iti' (all this, and more), but I was never comfortable with the whole Adi Shankaracharya trip...

"Chidananda Roopam Shivoham Shivoham" (I am Shiva, I am Shiva, in the form of Knowledge and Bliss).

Yeah, I don't want to be Shiva because I love Shiva way too much for that and it's the only part of my ego I cannot totally lose.

I realise that it's all Maya/Mithya (illusion/false perception) but remaining in blissful ignorance is blissful - it is savikalpa samadhi - or the experiential realisation of the divine form. It is the pinnacle of dualistic thought and theory.

The next step is Nirvikalpa Samadhi or the expeiential realisation of Brahman or the Formless...the pinnacle of non-dualism.

So, I am happy the forum has a new place for me to visit and I must thank the mods and admin for making this. :hug:

Miss Hepburn
13-09-2016, 01:06 PM
Thank you for putting the definition of these words in ( )'s.
:smile:

Joe Mc
16-09-2016, 12:07 PM

Oh the many joys I am going to have here! I mean, the Hindu section should have it's own sub-section for this, but at least it is included, so I am not complaining.

I am a non-dualist as such...until my heart becomes involved in it.

I followed the path of Advaita (Non-duality) for many years...I studied all of the Vedas and Upanishads and went into solipsism entirely...

I followed the path of 'neti neti' (not this, not that)...until I turned it on it's head and went 'iti iti' (all this, and more), but I was never comfortable with the whole Adi Shankaracharya trip...

"Chidananda Roopam Shivoham Shivoham" (I am Shiva, I am Shiva, in the form of Knowledge and Bliss).

Yeah, I don't want to be Shiva because I love Shiva way too much for that and it's the only part of my ego I cannot totally lose.

I realise that it's all Maya/Mithya (illusion/false perception) but remaining in blissful ignorance is blissful - it is savikalpa samadhi - or the experiential realisation of the divine form. It is the pinnacle of dualistic thought and theory.

The next step is Nirvikalpa Samadhi or the expeiential realisation of Brahman or the Formless...the pinnacle of non-dualism.

So, I am happy the forum has a new place for me to visit and I must thank the mods and admin for making this. :hug:

Great study and knowledge :)

Divine Consciousness
26-11-2016, 07:01 AM
Non duality or adwaita is absorption of everything with Creator it includes entire djaegaentic creation as well as all elements, all matters.

Mindfulness shall not identify it as separate but consciousness shall establish it as Creator.

Hence nothing remains but only Creator everything is illusion in the world but Creator is truth. other things are His Yoga Maya only.

jimrich
26-01-2017, 07:34 PM
My explorations of Advaita and the Self brings up the question of my identity - who/what am I?

[QUOTE]Oh the many joys I am going to have here! I mean, the Hindu section should have it's own sub-section for this, but at least it is included, so I am not complaining.
Who/what is this (red) "I'?

I am a non-dulist as such...until my heart becomes involved in it.
Who/what "owns" a heart?

So, you are not Shiva and only own an ego - so who/what are you?

I realise that it's all Maya/Mithya (illusion/false perception) but remaining in blissful ignorance is blissful - it is savikalpa samadhi - or the experiential realisation of the divine form.
Who/what remains in blissful ignorance?

The pinnacle of non-dualism is not two - Oneness or Brahman alone is. There is only Brahman mysteriously appearing as "forms", 'I's. 'me's, 'we's, actions, events, "things", etc.

Shivani Devi
27-01-2017, 07:41 AM
The 'ego' of course.

When "I" refer to "myself" in public, on a place such as the internet, "I" remember that the English Language has personal pronouns for a reason - so people can communicate with each other and not just grunt and nod.

So, "I" would appreciate it if you would kindly stop being so pedantic here. Thanks.