PDA

View Full Version : Reading RIBBONS

Uhmar
04-02-2011, 02:09 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2hmhget.jpg
Note: those are not my ribbons..lol don't know how i uploaded that one lol
mine are all loose and all in a bag...all colors shapes and widths.

Divination using assorted color and textured ribbons:

Ribbon Reading is a combination of Intuition, Color Therapy and Psychometry combined together to form a divination method. One also add in the element of s luck, the sense of touch, the visual therapies and the color energies given off to divine and to choose the ribbons.

You have the client close their eyes and pick how ever many ribbons you choose to read with. Or you can close your eyes, and either choose the ribbons out of a pouch or bag or simply hold them as strand and pull out the ribbons you feel connected to. Then you read the message assigned to each color.

Even though you have assigned a certain meaning to each ribbon color when intuition is added it may go to an entirely diferent place from the actual designated ribbon color. The sitter should hold the ribbons for a time and choose ribbons with their eyes closed. I suggest using as many as you like but 3 to 10 ribbons should tell you a great story.

When you choose a ribbon sense it, breath it's color into you, feel it connecting to you. Think about what the colour of each ribbon means. Does teal scream money to you. Does grey mean depression and sadness? Are their textures involved? Is the ribbon smooth, rough, hairy? Do you feel earthy or air born or slimy now?

I have a bag full of about 50 different ribbons...Some are thin some thick and wide, some slick and satiny, some are ridged, some in my ribbon bag are rough and unkind to the finger tips. This evokes feelings from within. I even have ribbons like a teddy bear printed one which says to me embrace your childself...go out let hair down, play again...stop being so serious. Picture ribbons can tell a story all their own..add texture and color and the mind can roam on and on. lol

Write whatever you feel or see or think. Did you smile, or do a little dance. Did you frown and feel disgusted. It all applies to the ribbon and the person you are reading for. The energies combined are what tell the story. It all then becomes the story.
© Uhmar

Uhmar
04-02-2011, 02:13 PM
I will offer one or two ribbon readings..
I may not get to them today having a very annoying minor health issue.
But if not will get to them as soon as i can.

First TWO people ask a question

and we can see if ....the ORACLE of RIBBONS ....has guidance for you

Jules
04-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Ribbon reading is lovely. My fave though (when I do them which is NOT very often at all now) is flower reading. The energy is sublime. :)

We do have to remember though, as with all divination, tarot, runes, crystals etc these are all tools to help the psychic tune into the energy of the sitter.

Uhmar, what a lovely thread and thanks for offering your service. Positive healing thoughts are on the way.

Namaste
Jue
x

Uhmar
04-02-2011, 05:03 PM
the Oracle of the Ribbons is patiently waiting on two very unsuspecting victims

errr uhh>>>>> I meant questions (0)ooops rflho

Adrienne
04-02-2011, 05:09 PM
the Oracle of the Ribbons is patiently waiting on two very unsuspecting victims

errr uhh>>>>> I meant questions (0)ooops rflho

I was thinking about it.... until :icon_eek: I read the above, lol !

Silver
04-02-2011, 05:25 PM
I LoVE ribbons, Uhmar. Y'know, the thought crossed my mind>>>

Is there anything you don't read?! Heehee.

I'd love to have a Ribbon Reading, I want to know more about the heart doctor I visited yesterday. Is he a good doc for me? Is he honest, etc., kind of thing. Should I trust him? Will I find a better place to live that I can afford within this year?

Thanks again, Uhmar~*

Uhmar
04-02-2011, 05:36 PM
I'd love to have a Ribbon Reading, I want to know more about the heart doctor I visited yesterday. Is he a good doc for me? Is he honest, etc., kind of thing. Should I trust him?
Okay unless it blatantly comes up somehow I am not touching this....lol
I might suggest that if you even have the thoughts to ask this about the doc then you probably need another one whcih you trust withought a thought.

Is there anything you don't read?! Heehee.
hmm kinda felt like a liitle smack in a way... There are billions of things I am not interested in and that bore me to tears...
Divination and spiritual things I am very interested in a part of as they are an extension of me. I study most of it quite a lot because it interests me. I like cooking and gardenings and babies and art and poetry etc..

Silver
04-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Okay unless it blatantly comes up somehow I am not touching this....lol
I might suggest that if you even have the thoughts to ask this about the doc then you probably need another one whcih you trust withought a thought.

hmm kinda felt like a liitle smack in a way... There are billions of things I am not interested in and that bore me to tears...
Divination and spiritual things I am very interested in a part of as they are an extension of me. I study most of it quite a lot because it interests me. I like cooking and gardenings and babies and art and poetry etc..

I understand about the doctor thing. I haven't trusted my docs in a long long time. Maybe it's just me. But that's OK I understand. I'm not very good at coming up with good questions.

No, no smack, just funnin' ya. I'm sorry. Didn't mean any offense. It's just that I've never heard of all of this, and it's actually really right up my alley, so imaginative and intuitive, it's just my idea of boisterous good natured humor, or so I thought.

Btw, I hope your hip pain is gone.
:hug:

Adrienne
04-02-2011, 06:11 PM
I thank you for your other readings Uhmar, I will let someone else have a turn on the Reading Ribbons one.

Really folks, she wasn't serious about " the two unsuspecting victims " it's fine ! :smile:

Uhmar
04-02-2011, 09:07 PM
RIBBON READING FOR SILVERGIRL ( typed the whole thing then lost it)

question was
" Will I find a place to live this year that I can afford.?"

ribbons pulled and feelings felt:

ROYAL BLUE..satin, throat, protection, laughter, jovial, loyal, increased influences, crease in center, divided, or don' t fall off edges of path, bump in the road
-----------------------------------
BURGANDY AND GOLD FLORAL; soft, cottony, ever changing, strands of chakras, ascended masters, intuition, twists and turns, changes afoot, spiritual healing, vitality,
--------------------------------------------
LIGHT MINTY GREEN WITH WHITE STRIPES; wide, rough, course, serenety disturbed, traveling, frayed edges, envy, neutrality
-----------------------------------
GOLD; sleek, sily, happiness, God, Godself, inner bliss, male energy, stop doubting yourself, crack in the armour of self
---------------------------------------
BLUE AND WHITE STRIPES; angels , guides, innerlight, protection, devotion, security, helpers,
++++++++++++++++++++++++==
Looks like the Oracle Oo the Rbbbons is saying all will be well, but you will have to experience a few rough patches, some frayed nerves. The answers you seek are within you. The guides and masters appearance ribbon is saying they are listening, they hear your call, they are watching. Surrender it all to the universe. Allow them to guide you. Watch for sign everywhere. Clean and clear and balance those chakras since the chakra ribbon apepared as well..Pay attention to your dreams.Watch the signs....

Uhmar
04-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Really folks, she wasn't serious about " the two unsuspecting victims " it's fine !

was Ii kidding ...really.... was I ...was I rflho.....

of course it was a joke.....sneaks off behind bush to cackleeeee

Silver
04-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Thank you for that reading, Uhmar. So many things to consider when you pull one. All the textures and little details. Lately, I've felt how can I do anything BUT surrender to the universe, to whatever life has to offer. What is 'the chakra ribbon'?

Uhmar
04-02-2011, 10:40 PM
What is 'the chakra ribbon'?

In my bag of ribbons is ONE ribbon that is magenta/ burgandy/gold floral.
in this is splashes of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, punk, violet, navy blue etc. It always made me think of the major chakras everytime i looked at it. So I used a piece of it with the ribbon reading ribbons. One piece, no others in bag like it . So if drawn It is because it pertains to the chakras somehow.

I draw them out of a bag holding them. I put hand in bag, eyes closed and continually repeat the name and hte question. I touch I feel I then let my intuition and clairtouch choose. I can not tell it is the chakra ribbon because there are many more in the bag that feel just like it ...

Mystfied
04-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Hi Uhmar
I would love it if you would do a ribbon reading for me,I had never heard of it before but it sure sounds interesting

Will the stress I've been under lately soon be behind me

Thank You so much for your offer

Love & Light Always

Uhmar
05-02-2011, 05:19 PM
RIBBON reading for Mystified 2/5/11

question presented was;
"Will the stress I've been under lately soon be behind me?"

ribbons pulled;emotions felt;
GOLD;
I smiled, felt Divinity, Godself, bend in the ribbon screamed crossroad, vitality, strength, action, courage, self confidance, male energy

TEAL/TURQUOISE;
satin, slick, money, elementals, ocean, air, torn edges, creativity, self kniowledge, strengths, put it into words and feelings

LIGHT BLUE;
frilly, lacy, water, emotions, throat chakra, Godself shining through lacy holes, communication, speak what needs said, inspiration, speech, wisdom, calm, visualize your hopes and dreams

HOT BRIGHT PINK;
silky, passion, flame,sex, erotica, overdoing things, take bettter care of self,caring too much about something and overdoing it.

INDIGO;
somedays it's smooth the other rough, one day travel road is clear, next day bumpy road, dreams, crown chakra, insights, visions, flexibility, stop doubting, meditation, go inward and seek
--------------------------------
Looks like all this is saying to go within and find a calm and peacful place. It says you send out what you need then you immediatly start sabatoging your self by doubting. Formulate what your hopes, dreams and desires are then present them to the universe.

Send them out, release them, then trust the guides, and Angels, Godheads Universal consciousness to bring it to you. Remember nothing arrives over night. Stop being so hard on yourself. What you want may not be what you need.

Slow down and stop all this stressing. If you died tomorrow( and I am NOT saying that at all) would you want your last day to be full of stress. Enjoy this life you have. So what if it isn't perfect, live each one like it is all there is. You will be surprised what you find you won't and don't need. Let fate and your higherself be your guides. Love yourself more and trust yourself more. Then just relax and Believe.

Mystfied
05-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Thank you so much Uhmar,You just opened my eyes so to speak..:hug::hug:

green
05-02-2011, 07:54 PM
hi Uhmar

this tread brings back memories..i don't remember when was the last time i did a ribbon reading maybe 15 years ago.. oh my i'm getting old.

but actually i was thinking about ribbons lately, i have a student who is stuck, so stuck and there is something so intuitive and fluent with ribbons that i thought i should introduce her to it and maybe it will break the wall she has...

it means i should get me some ribbons... Goddess only knows where mine are...

now.. i sense in your beg, you have a very special white one. very delicate. am i right?

G

Silver
05-02-2011, 08:13 PM
The more I think about the ribbons reading thing, the more I like it and also crossed my mind about using materials also. My grandmother used to sew a lot and she had a big rag bag full of remnants from all of her wonderful sewing projects.

green
05-02-2011, 09:10 PM
this is so nice silver...
mind you these dear pieces of materials might store in them a lot of your granny's energy.

ribbons reading is so nice, it has something very soft to it...

G

Uhmar
05-02-2011, 09:15 PM
now.. i sense in your beg, you have a very special white one. very delicate. am i right?

Not in the bag... it is hanging dangling down from the shelf on the side over top of my computor..it is not in the bag lolo

on the student...have you tried flash cards or paint samples, or using playing card methods to help her...I can show you some cards I made if it helps.

Silvergirl))))) of course material would work...You could do some strips some squares, triangles, stars etc... frayed edges, wavy edges, use pinking sheared edges all shapes , colors, sizes, textures.....then just connect intuitively or kinda assigning meanings to certain shapes , other meanings to colors etc then combine all the emotions colors and textures to tell the story. Great Idea!!!!

the two unsuspecting victims

ahhh hahhhhhhhhhh now my craziness is being found out... Introduce them to alternative methods of divination which connects them to color therapy and symbology, which connects them to their intuitive sides and their clairtangency whcih connects them to their higher self, which connects them to the guides, which connects them to the angels, which connects them to the universe.....
Yes I had a method for my madness and I see it is working, Dream angel is crumbling paper, Green is visiting old memories and methods, Silvergirl is thinking of ways to conenct more, etc etc etc
And with each reading I do , I connect more which in turn stengthens my gifts.
So many methods , so little time. lol
attached my actual pile of ribbons from the bag.....

green
05-02-2011, 09:20 PM
hi uhmar

thanks, i'm on the point of crying when it comes to her.. she has it in her but she is blocking it, she just doesn't believe in herself... guess it is something she will have to learn and i can't make it happen for her, only she can make it happen... but thanks for your ideas and advice.

by the way.. the white ribbon is very special...

G

Silver
05-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Not in the bag... it is hanging dangling down from the shelf on the side over top of my computor..it is not in the bag lolo
Silvergirl))))) of course material would work...You could do some strips some squares, triangles, stars etc... frayed edges, wavy edges, use pinking sheared edges all shapes , colors, sizes, textures.....then just connect intuitively or kinda assigning meanings to certain shapes , other meanings to colors etc then combine all the emotions colors and textures to tell the story. Great Idea!!!!

ahhh hahhhhhhhhhh now my craziness is being found out... Introduce them to alternative methods of divination which connects them to color therapy and symbology, which connects them to their intuitive sides and their clairtangency whcih connects them to their higher self, which connects them to the guides, which connects them to the angels, which connects them to the universe.....
Yes I had a method for my madness and I see it is working, Dream angel is crumbling paper, Green is visiting old memories and methods, Silvergirl is thinking of ways to conenct more, etc etc etc

You're making me giggle~*:D

Uhmar
05-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Greene)))))))))0 look at these development card i made ..there just simple

You say it is a girl....Okay I am 60 so everybody is a girl anymore lol
but i am going to assume young teenage girl.
anyway she is probbaly bored..
you need a method that excites her
see how vibrant the colored cards are..they are just index cards
but i put circles and rectangles on the back side in colors, red, blue, green etc
then i did the 8 colors on 8 a white cards.
I place the white cards face up with circles and colors of the circles showing then I have to look at the colored vibrant card..focus and decide if the circle or rectangle is it is blue, green red etc...some days I do color and shape both.
then place them face down on the matching white card.
when I get done I go back and see how many correct. etc
it strengthens the connections and the mind. somedays I dont get any of them correct.lol I also do it with paint color crds...and playing cards etc.

you could do something similar with bright colors to hold her attention but attach..music, or album pics or movie stars etc on the other side ...something she would get excited about. BOYS would be good lol which would make her use her mind to connect.....make it a game she could even do with her friends.
----------------------------
and the white ribbon actually came wrapped around either a rune book i bought on etsy ..or mayeb soem herbs .....why are you saying it is special.......

green
05-02-2011, 10:06 PM
hi uhmar

is this answer 4 me?

the ribbon is special... not sure why, if u give me permission i will try and look, but i stop at the door, if u know what i mean.
at first i wanted 2 ask u to use this one 4 a reading 4 me, but it felt off center- not right, got special and stopped there.. it is for a meaning for you.. of a sort..

G

Uhmar
05-02-2011, 11:17 PM
green))))))))))) by all means take a look...and it is not actually white..it is a very very pale almost white pink

and i would be glad to read the ribbons for you.loll
do you have a question

and yes the cards idea was a suggestion to find a way to help the girl.

Adrienne
06-02-2011, 02:21 AM

hee hee,very creative of you Uhmar ! I am enjoying the crumbling paper, in fact just after doing the first one, I shared the experience with a friend. Not sure they took me seriously though :D but it was fun ! I do like the ribbons idea too, am trying to think , with all the ribbons I have for crafts, I should have enough to put together a bagful. I will have to re- read your first post and see what else I need to know about this !

Thank you ! :hug3:
Dream Angel xx

green
06-02-2011, 09:57 AM
no love, have no question, at first i thought this ribbon and me, reading.. but now i know differently.
but thanks..but no.. not really into receiving readings..though i love giving them :)

thanks for your ideas.. she is not a girl, she is younger then I, so i see her as a girl but she is in her mid 30ies..
i guess one thing i need to learn is that as a teacher there is just as much as i can teach, and some things are not up to me and my teaching, but at the same time i try my best to do the impossible. but trust is something one can't teach and one has to learn on her own. i can show her the way, give her tools, but i can't make her trust...she will have to take this step by herself. and it is the trust that takes down the walls and blocks..
but thanks for your ideas, i might use them, i might use the ribbons- as they are fun.. i might use the paper which is fun as well.. will see...i kind of plane things a head and at the end doing whatever feels right on the spot.

i will try and look into this pale ribbon later on when i have some peace and quiet...
will see :)

G

doryn10
06-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Hi,Urmar, wondering what 2011 has in store for me?

LadyVirgoxoxo
09-04-2011, 08:09 PM
wow thats very interesting! where did you get the ribbon bag from?

green
09-04-2011, 08:22 PM
along your path in life you collect ribbons, or you can go to a shop and buy your some and put them in a nice bag or box.

G

LadyVirgoxoxo
09-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Cool! I'll start doing that after I'm more familiar with the tarot :smile: