PDA

View Full Version : Hearing voices and Angels

OtioseDodge
20-08-2016, 02:30 PM
Hi everyone,

I've been hearing voices off and on since last December. They have largely been very negative and manipulative, and have caused me a lot of grief, including psychiatric hospitalizations. I'm still seeing a psychiatrist and taking medications, but we've agreed that I'll go on living my life as long as the voices are manageable. I've been using meditation a lot to soothe myself, and I think it's a big help.

But lately I've been getting different types of voices, who claim they're angels. I can't distinguish them in terms of a different sound of voice or anything like that, but sometimes they say very supportive things and generally calm me down.

So now I feel confused by this; I don't know how to distinguish between the voices, and wish I could just be in contact with the supportive voices, whoever they are. I'd also like to trust them more. Has anyone out there had a similar experience, or is anyone willing to share some advice?

Thanks a lot.
OD

John32241
20-08-2016, 03:32 PM
Hello,

It is always best to discern what you hear in terms of message content. Do what you can to ignore manipulative suggestions which give you grief and embrace those that are very supportive and calm you down.

John

Sojourner2013
20-08-2016, 03:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I've been hearing voices off and on since last December. They have largely been very negative and manipulative, and have caused me a lot of grief, including psychiatric hospitalizations. I'm still seeing a psychiatrist and taking medications, but we've agreed that I'll go on living my life as long as the voices are manageable. I've been using meditation a lot to soothe myself, and I think it's a big help.

But lately I've been getting different types of voices, who claim they're angels. I can't distinguish them in terms of a different sound of voice or anything like that, but sometimes they say very supportive things and generally calm me down.

So now I feel confused by this; I don't know how to distinguish between the voices, and wish I could just be in contact with the supportive voices, whoever they are. I'd also like to trust them more. Has anyone out there had a similar experience, or is anyone willing to share some advice?

Thanks a lot.
OD

Hi OtioseDodge,

I used to work with people with schizophrenia, and I came to realize that they weren't "crazy" but that they weren't able to filter out entities/energies from disturbing their current awareness. However, there was a young man who realized that the "negative" voices would leave him alone if he said the following:
"If you do not acknowledge Christ as your savior, you may not speak to me!" Not only did this help him filter out the negative energies from bothering him, but it allowed the benevolent energies to speak to him.

Depending upon one's religious beliefs, the statement can be adapted to suit any belief system. I felt that the power came from his assertion of self in the face of these pesky voices, as boundaries become so important when you are dealing with this tangible reality and other dimensions. Asserting one's boundaries/principles becomes crucial to "weeding" out the negative energies/thoughts that come with the spiritual development.

I hope this helps. Best wishes!

OtioseDodge
20-08-2016, 05:38 PM
Thanks a lot for your suggestions, John and Sojourner. :smile:

Sterling-Silver
21-08-2016, 05:53 PM
I've been going through very similar circumstances, so I can definitely say I've had a similar experience. It was actually quite the surprise when I was reading your post...I too have had some hospitalizations, and am currently on some medications and a treatment plan...AND my "voices" started nearly around the same time as yours. They've really affected the way I've been functioning through life, and I joined the site just last night to get some advice. And upon reading your post, you kind of helped me feel better with knowing that I'm not alone, and that these voices can be more easily dealt with. :smile:

Thank you! (I guess I need to still post my whole story on the forum, but I wish you the best with your circumstances!) :smile:

OtioseDodge
21-08-2016, 08:37 PM
That's nice to hear, Sterling. Hopefully the advice will give you some relief too. I wish you the best.

CrystalHeather
22-08-2016, 02:23 PM
Hello Otiose. I think the negative and manipulative voice might be from your own ego, or from unkind entities. While the supportive voices you hear might indeed be from angels. Here's a link written from Doreen Virtue, a simple guideline to distinguish whether the voice is from angels/ guides who cares about you. http://www.angeltherapy.com/blog/it-real-divine-guidance-or-just-your-imagination-heres-how-know

I hope you can manage it. Medication would shut down your clairaudience which is your special gift. Lots of angel support for you! Btw, if you find threatened, you may ask angels to help you in any way. Last night, I heard a loud buzzing noise which was so loud and hurted my left ear, and started to hear scary sounds. I mentally ask angel/guide to turn down the volume cause I was not ready...and that noise ceased immediately.

OtioseDodge
22-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Thanks a lot for that Heather!

Supernovaseed
25-08-2016, 05:57 AM
sorry double post

Supernovaseed
25-08-2016, 06:31 AM
Hey everybody, just another opinion here from a person who is bipolar 1 with psychotic features. There is a difference in hearing voices from your mental illness and being clairaudient. Voices you hear from illness are always negative. And they are much more insistant and insidious than your ego could ever be. Clairaudient voices are the opposite. I have worked in exorcism too, and that is another negative type of voice, but not the same as a voice from a mental illness either. Hallucinations and visions are nothing alike as well.

I am so sorry you are going through this, Otiose. You will hear the difference with time and practice. Focus on the positive caring voices! :)

Also, medication is literally a godsend for people with mental illness, please do not try to make a person think they should go off their meds. I have been on medications for 14 years. It is a science thing, not a spirit thing. Genes and all, you know, they used to tell people with diabetes to go off their meds when meds were first developed for that. Hmm.

I am on a ton of meds which keep me sane. But, after a healing of sorts where i forgave god, my psychic senses have opened up dramatically. My psychiatrist and therapist couldn't be happier, because it is making me happier and healing my fibromyalgia. They are pretty spiritual and say that whether it is my imagination or i really see angels, fairies, guides and power animals etc all of a sudden, they couldn't care because i am healing. My panic attacks are gone, my fears are much less, i am off medication for nervous stomach too. They aren't allowed to give an opinion on the matter really...

So clairaudience in my opinion is not affected in the least by psych meds. Raphael promised me a healing which would come over time. I healed my fibromyalgia almost totally before and i can't wait to see it happen again. It came back because of anger and diet and climate changes last time. You can be healed of illnesses that have no spiritual reason to be there. Science and the medical field don't stand in the way. They help you until you get a healing if that is your path.

Love,

Sammy

OtioseDodge
26-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Hi Sammy, thanks so much for sharing and for your good wishes. I wish you the best too, and it's nice to hear that clairaudience isn't necessarily affected by meds. All the best

new/old
28-08-2016, 05:10 PM
Here is my heart for you my friend. This is about as real as life gets. Voices are terrifying at times, but it's a part of your nature. What you are deep in the core needs to evolve. It needs to be broken down and changed for you to become a better person. There is probably a abundant life waiting for you after you triumph these voices. I promise, things get better, but you have to put things out there that are in tune with your desires to live a happier life.

Here is a technique to manage that. Use your muscles in your body. Use your eyelids and open them, the upper left corner, upper right corner, outside corner, inside corner, and support yourself with the muscles under your eyes. Use those muscles to generate the energy. You can use those muscles to connect with a greater version of yourself and keep yourself involved with happy activity, it is a effective exercise every day. Your voices will recognize your effort. You can create a solution. You have the power.

OtioseDodge
29-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Thanks for that new! :) I think it's already getting better; lately I'm able to talk more to the positive voices, and I think I'm starting to realize that these problems are more of a gift than a curse. You sound like you have a lot of wisdom related to this; do you have any other advice on how to better connect with the positive voices? Much appreciated. :)