PDA

View Full Version : I've never been able to meet a spirit guide

dreamer-rags
04-07-2016, 03:18 AM
I'm an alltheist witch and I work with multiple deities, but I've never been able to meet a spirit guide. I'm very curious about them because I really like the concept of having someone who will be 100% there for me on the spiritual plane, but no matter what I can't seem to find them! :icon_frown:

Has anyone else had this difficulty? Does it mean I need to grow more? Or perhaps... I don't have one?:confused:

shivatar
07-07-2016, 07:36 AM
How can you expect someone to be there 100% for you when you are not there 100% for them?

My thought is devotion to one cause will bring you the most growth right now.

shoni7510
07-07-2016, 08:43 AM
Everybody has spirit guides even if we do not know about them. You must state your wish to meet your spirit guide(s) clearly and wait for them to contact you. You can a read a book called "Ask your Guides" by Sonia Choquette. It is full of advise on how to meet your spirit guides.

shivatar
10-07-2016, 06:47 AM
Everybody has spirit guides even if we do not know about them. You must state your wish to meet your spirit guide(s) clearly and wait for them to contact you. You can a read a book called "Ask your Guides" by Sonia Choquette. It is full of advise on how to meet your spirit guides.

The way you describe a wish or intent is as if it were made once, but in reality it's closer to the reason that vedic chants are 108 times or 1000 times, or a million times (dont worry though, the worst are 5 million times, only for the most hardcore!) because intent must be maintained for periods of time before all levels of consciousness and ego both accept it as true, on some level it's easier to carry out then and it's nature of truth or illusion will be questioned less when ego arises which it always does the longer one stays away from their chant, their vow, or their meditation in which they initiated contact.

the way you said it, it's as if he could just say "i wish it" and sit back. and I think that would be a gross mistake because maybe he didn't really wish it very hard and when his ego begins to make a mess, he will blame everything but himself.

shoni7510
10-07-2016, 08:11 AM
The way you describe a wish or intent is as if it were made once, but in reality it's closer to the reason that vedic chants are 108 times or 1000 times, or a million times (dont worry though, the worst are 5 million times, only for the most hardcore!) because intent must be maintained for periods of time before all levels of consciousness and ego both accept it as true, on some level it's easier to carry out then and it's nature of truth or illusion will be questioned less when ego arises which it always does the longer one stays away from their chant, their vow, or their meditation in which they initiated contact.

the way you said it, it's as if he could just say "i wish it" and sit back. and I think that would be a gross mistake because maybe he didn't really wish it very hard and when his ego begins to make a mess, he will blame everything but himself.

We learn new things everyday, thanks for your valuable input

vespa68
10-07-2016, 06:04 PM
You have to raise your vibration to meet them!

Sarian
15-07-2016, 04:58 PM
I've never been able to meet mine either. I've been told I have a native American as well as a Chinese man and an old woman. lol. Whether that's true or not, I have no idea. I've asked countless times. Quieted myself. Even when I know my vibrations are out of this world. Nothing. It's disheartening because I would like to 'meet' them. I've had experiences that I don't know if it was my intuition, guides, higher self or what, god? But I am clueless.

Uma
16-07-2016, 08:42 PM
This is just my opinion but I think once a person has reached a certain level of intuitive mastery the guide is no longer necessary, one bypasses the guide and goes direct to the source of information.

Light Seeker
16-07-2016, 09:34 PM
Somewhat fortuitously, it is not a one way relationship... Your inability to join up with a Spirit guide is by no stretch of the imagination an indication that they are not successfully connecting with you , so do not worry about it at all.

Robinski78
16-07-2016, 09:46 PM
In all the time I've been on my journey to a higher level of awareness, I'd never thought about meeting a spirit guide - until one night: I did... He helped me, when I was in a dire, distressed state... Then disappeared...

It's my considered opinion, that our guides will only make themselves visable to us, when there is a need for them to do so...

In all, I've actually met three guides - not necessarily all my own - in the last twenty years...
To date, I've never felt the need to ask a guide to make him/her self visable to me... It's just my way of doing things...

Some might disagree with what I understand and appreciate, but it's all very real to me....

With respect...

Robbie....

Flameseeker
17-07-2016, 01:46 PM
In all the time I've been on my journey to a higher level of awareness, I'd never thought about meeting a spirit guide - until one night: I did... He helped me, when I was in a dire, distressed state... Then disappeared...

It's my considered opinion, that our guides will only make themselves visable to us, when there is a need for them to do so...

In all, I've actually met three guides - not necessarily all my own - in the last twenty years...
To date, I've never felt the need to ask a guide to make him/her self visable to me... It's just my way of doing things...

Some might disagree with what I understand and appreciate, but it's all very real to me....

With respect...

Robbie....

When you say, make themselves visible to you, do you mean by apparition ?
Did you speak to your guides telepathically ? Or did you hear them speak ? I ask this question as I am curious as to what the voice of spirit would sound like.

shoni7510
17-07-2016, 04:44 PM

With respect...

Robbie....

In my case I was just driving one a wen I started to feel a warm glow on my forehead which was comforting like a presence and it repeated several times before I asked who it was. I learnt that it was my spirit guide and he started helping with tings from that time on. He has gone away now replaced by others

Robinski78
17-07-2016, 05:08 PM
When you say, make themselves visible to you, do you mean by apparition ?
Did you speak to your guides telepathically ? Or did you hear them speak ? I ask this question as I am curious as to what the voice of spirit would sound like.

Interesting questions Flameseeker...

Please bear in mnd, that what I might say, may be totally different, to that which others might express or know as their truth...

In my case, all three guides appeared as might be normal people and for the most part, when they spoke, it was in a voice not disimilar to that of any other person that may have spoken to me..
However, there was one distinction - re the speech - which (on reflection) stood out very clearly...
Although two of them, had very little to say, all of them spoke without any trace of accent, in a clear and very precise manner... They were all understood implicitly...

In the case of the third, we spoke for some time, all about aspects of life, with me in particular, conveying my thoughts and ideas, getting interesting, but just simplistic thoughts and ideas back, that didn't always make sense...
That third and last meeting took place close to twenty years ago, so I cannot actually quote the entire conversation, only a sentence ot two, at the beginning of the encounter, the farewell and a few phrases during the entire conversation...

Thinking about that, the third and final guide (a lady with a child) spoke in a very soft and gentle voice... A type of sound, that one could fall in love with - it was so beautiful to listen to... It was the same with the child who spoke with an almost identical manner, as though it came as a breath of fresh air... At the time, I honestly felt, as though the child, was a representation of the mother, the way they spoke and conducted themselves...

Ah yes, I nearly forgot... During that chat with the lady and child, the environment in the cafe changed... I can only describe as a fragrence, that one might notice, if they were in a wood or forest, where there were flowers, trees and other plants, that emmited their own special bouquet: filled the air... It was almost as though I was being intoxinated by those fragrences...

Not a lot more I can tell you really... These meetings took place many years ago, so they are not as fresh as if it all took place yesterday...

I hope that will be of interest to you...

Regards...

Robbie...

Robinski78
17-07-2016, 05:39 PM
In my case I was just driving one a wen I started to feel a warm glow on my forehead which was comforting like a presence and it repeated several times before I asked who it was. I learnt that it was my spirit guide and he started helping with tings from that time on. He has gone away now replaced by others

Yes Shoni - it will be different for each and every one of us - more or less, as the case might require...

Personally, I've not encountered anything like you...Mine has never been anything more than, or disimilar to: an everyday face to face experience, other than the meeting I had with the lady and her daughter...

Hope that's of interest to you...

Robbie....