PDA

View Full Version : Ghost or poltergeist. You tell me.

Ashleyy
30-01-2011, 01:14 AM
Right.
If you don't know the difference between a ghost and a poltergeist, google it.

This is my story:
I come of a family of 5 (including myself).
I have 2 siblings.
I am the oldest one.
My sister being the youngest of 10.

When I first came into the house I am currently living in now, I didn't have the best of vibes coming my way. I'm not the only one though. A few people have felt the same one. Some in which couldn't even stay more than 2 seconds in here.

Now I've been living in this house for about 5 or so years.
At first I didn't pick up on anything, a side from my siblings constantly wanting to sleep beside me.
Which was fine by me. Lol.
After a year of being settled in, I was in the basement playing on my computer (which I no longer have).
I had music on and didn't think much of what happened.
I could hear a cat meowing.
No, I do not own any pets. As well, I wasn't sitting any where near a window.
My basement has two rooms, the one which I was in has no window.
I turned down my music completely.
The cat priested with it's meowing, which soon turned into hissing.
I instantly got up to look around. I couldn't find anything.
No movement of any kind.

Another year or so went by, we were painting the house.
Papers were laid out all over the floor up stairs.
My mother claims at night she could hear someone walking around.
I know you're thinking, it was probably one of my siblings.
My mother says she called out to us, see if it was one of us going to the wash room.
My mother got out from bed to check out the sound, but didn't find anything.

One night I had woken-up around 1 ish in the morning. For no reason what so ever. I could hear what made out to be a ball bouncing on the stairs.
(A child spirit) They say when you hear a ball it's usually a child's spirit.

So, months go by... my mom says one night she's sound asleep and woke-up.
My step father works night shifts sometimes.
My step father had came home. She said he came into her room and was about to sit down on the bed.
She started to panic because she says she saw a little girl ( who looked very similar to my sister).

Now... things have been getting a little in tense and I've been picking up on more things. I've even had two phiyc come in my house. Both of which are good friends of mine.

So.
Now my parents are having problems. My mom claims to have been talking about my father. In our wash room, she says that the candle was thrown into the sink. No one was home but her and my sister.
I checked out the candle, yes indeed someone and littarly grabbed it and threw it into our sink.

I was going through a bad break-up. A really bad one. As this was happening at night when I went to lay down, I could feel a very strong, and heavy force on me.

My little sister of 10 years has been acting a little off than normal.
She sometimes will space out into the air. You'll call her name but she doesn't respond right away. When she does she seems to be totally out of it and forgot what she was even doing.
Sometimes she skips down the halls or talks to her own self.
She also had wrote a story. She wrote a story about our family.
In the story she talks about a little girl named Sally.
According to the story, the little girl doesn't like our family and we aren't too fond of her either. In the story she talks about Sally being jealous of her.
Also she talks about trying to be friends with Sally, but Sally doesn't want to be friends with her.

Also my step father carries negative energy around him.

Lately I haven't been sleeping. I wake up about 3-4 times during the night.
Half the time I can't even fall asleep right away.

Our house creeks a lot.
Sudden weird noises happen, lots of crackling on the TV, fridge, etc.
We had a flood in our basement once for no reason.

Ashleyy
30-01-2011, 01:31 AM
Guess no one can crack this one, eh?

dogninja
30-01-2011, 01:34 AM
patience. they have a lot to say which takes time to type

Ashleyy
30-01-2011, 01:41 AM
Sorry, I'm just beyond a wreck right now and my mother ignoring the situation at this point really bothers me.
Also I'm lacking in sleep, so I constantly hooked on coffee.
Also the reason why I am a wreck and nervous.

earthprowler
30-01-2011, 02:09 AM
Symptoms of a Poltergeist

The word words comes from the German tern poltern - "to knock" and geist - "spirit". This phenomenon has been researched extensively for years. It has been the subject of movies, but I don't think Carol Ann and her family were being plague by a poltergeist in the movie. There are a few different theories on what poltergeists are. I am going to discuss the one theory that I believe here and keep it simple as possible.

A typical poltergeist haunting seems to always consist of noises, such as loud knocking, and objects moving about on their own. There can also be voices, smells and apparitions in addition to the other symptoms. Usually these events are witnessed by numerous people in the home , including visitors. The events may start slowly with small noises and small objects moving and then may progress to something like furniture flying around the room and full bodied apparitions. The exact events differ from case to case as well as the progression and severity. Normally there is one person who seems more affected than others and is always present in the home when events occur. When that person is removed from the home, the events cease. This person is usually a preteen female who's hormones and the stress of that age combine and finally release subconsciously in a way that causes the poltergeist activity. The person is causing all of the phenomenon with the subconscious mind and they are not aware that they are the cause. This person can also be a teenager or into their early twenties and may be under some unusual amount of stress. When they are relived of the stress, sometimes by moving from the location, the problems stop. If the stress or causes continue, the "haunting" seems to follow them. Reliving the inner problems is the key to stopping the poltergeist activity.

Poltergeists are not often easily discernable from other types of spirit hauntings. The symptoms are often very similar. An onsite investigation and extensive research is often necessary to uncover the hidden existence of this type of phenomenon. This explains why many questions that investigators ask seem off base when they interview witnesses in a home. They are trying to rule out a poltergeist problem before they start the investigation into the possible spirit activity.

Symptoms of a Haunting

http://www.theparanormalsociety.org/signs-of-a-haunting

For the most part Poltergeist hauntings are few and far between compared to the average ghostly haunting. Keep a journal of things that happen and date them so you can see how close or far apart they happen. One thing you can do is smudge your home starting in the basement and working your way up. You can say a prayer if you like or you can simply tell the spirit they are not wanted here and they need to get out. You have to mean what you say when telling them to get out.......treat them like you would an intruder, it's not their house and they have no right to be there.

You can if you feel necessary to ask a priest to come in and bless the house and each room in it. You can also bless the outside of the home all the way around the perimeter. Hope this helps a little. It just sounds like you have a basic playful spirit (yes playful because if it was anything demonic or worse you would definitely know by now). :D

Ashleyy
30-01-2011, 02:31 AM
I was planing on getting my friend to do a cleansing in the house.
I've been told it's a little girl that does roam in here, I haven't told he to leave because this was probably once her home.
I'm not too sure if she needs help...or what the real deal is going on in here.
Hmm.
Playful, I guess.
If she's playing around with my sister.

earthprowler
30-01-2011, 02:41 AM
been there done that. had a little girl myself a few years ago that when my son was about 3 would play with him.
she slammed doors, played with toys, hid things from you and so on. really no big deal, she just wanted attention and help. in the long run, she was searching for her mother because she was lost. she eventually left after her mother came for her.

Ashleyy
30-01-2011, 02:55 AM
So, the constant little cracks along the house is her?

earthprowler
30-01-2011, 03:10 AM
not sure. you need to keep in mind of the house settling, animals in the attic, tree branches brushing against the house or scraping on windows. Wooden floors can be creaky depending on age. you need to look for realistic reasons before you can claim paranormal. water heaters kicking on and rattling the pipes are another good one that can throw people off. unless the spirit is making a great effort to make itself known, look for other plausible things first. if you can't find any reason after that, then go from there. if you feel it necessary you can look for ghost hunting groups in your area to come in and have a look around.

p.s. I only say these things because I was a ghost hunter for 7 years :-)

Ashleyy
30-01-2011, 03:13 AM
I know the house is a tad old.
The creeking or popping goes out through the day though.
When the heater is on, I can make out that sound very well.
As for trees, there are no trees around the house.
Hmm.
It's all around the up stairs area though.
Even the TV sometimes makes a pop like sound.
I shall look into ghost hunting groups though.

sapphire97
30-01-2011, 06:39 AM
it could be etiher.

earthprowler
30-01-2011, 12:10 PM
I know the house is a tad old.
The creeking or popping goes out through the day though.
When the heater is on, I can make out that sound very well.
As for trees, there are no trees around the house.
Hmm.
It's all around the up stairs area though.
Even the TV sometimes makes a pop like sound.
I shall look into ghost hunting groups though.

does this happen after the television is turned off? all 3 of our tv's make popping noises and sounds like someone hitting it for quite a while when it is in the cooling down period.

Internal Queries
30-01-2011, 01:30 PM
maybe someone in your family is a latent telekinetic. any teenagers in your house? because adolescents are going through such radical hormone changes they can sometimes be the unconscious source of otherwise unexplainable phenom.