PDA

View Full Version : Owl Guide

WuWei
24-05-2016, 10:55 AM
Hi all

It's very seldom something happens in my life which warrants a post in these parts of the forums, so hi to everyone who hasn't met me yet.

I'm a very grounded individual, some would say a skeptic but personally I think I am a Cynic in the original meaning of the word. Essentially meaning to be in search of Eudaimonia, the ancient greek version of a form of enlightenment. I tend not to over-think dreams or even visions, I simply let them come and go unless I take an instant meaning from them.

But in recent times I've been making changes to improve my own happiness and health. One of the things about me is that I generally let myself think what I think, and I don't let anyone 'teach' me anything. If I learn, I learn from a source which doesn't know I exist, but simply expresses it's nature. This includes professors talking in universities, people out and about, interactions between people.

Owls have been a kind of back-of-the-mind fascination of mine for a good while now, and last night I was sitting up in my room just getting ready for bed when I heard this really loud 'WHOOOOO, WHOOOOO', it sounded almost human and I was a little convinced it was some drunk woman being funny. It happened a few more times, so I opened my bedroom window to have a look outside and right there, about 10ft away on a street light was an Owl, in the dark.

It was nearly invisible, until it flew from one light to another - in total silence. It landed, and whoooo'd again. I whistled back, and heard my own whistle echo far into the town. It flew again, and this time disappeared into the blackness of the sky - and I couldn't see any sign of it.

I've never seen an owl in it's freedom before, ever, and the chances are apparently quite slim unless you know how to look for them. I live in a built up area, nowhere near any barns or old trees so it was very strange for it to be there.

I felt connected, I felt noticed and seen by the Owl. I felt like it was personal, even it's 'whooos' felt directed right at me. It was as if there was someone outside calling up to my window in a kind of silly way.

I went and read about owls, and tbh I don't know what to read and believe. I'm not sure if it's all about knowing the unknown, and I wouldn't like someone to take my word as gospel ever so I know I'm not supposed to be some great sharer of truths. People have their own, and their own are very important to them just as mine are to me.

Thanks for letting me share this with you, it was just a once in a blue moon opportunity to post in the forums with something someone else could probably understand, lol.

Whooooooooooooo
:D

H:O:R:A:C:E
24-05-2016, 11:15 AM
you can be a great sharer of truth simply by being your authentic self WuWei.
the owl totem is a pretty powerful thing. here's a link:
http://www.spirit-animals.com/owl/
thank s for sharing :smile:.

Ginsune
24-05-2016, 02:32 PM
Interesting story.

WuWei
24-05-2016, 03:02 PM
..... thank s for sharing :smile:.

Thanks for the link, and I think I get the idea.
:)

Floatsy
24-05-2016, 03:58 PM
I like owls myself heehee

OctoberSky
24-05-2016, 04:15 PM
That's amazing, owls are such beautiful and amazing creatures and there symbolic message and representations are amazing also. I have owl as a spirit animal and have had it for many past lives also.

Thunder Bow
24-05-2016, 04:17 PM
Owls do that. They can be found in urban areas. Cities have many rats and mice for them to feed on. That owl was your messenger. The are many owls here in the desert.