PDA

View Full Version : Animal Guides

sweetangel85
23-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Does anyone else talk to their animal guide?
I feel peaceful when talking to them.
What is the significance in having an animal guide if anyone knows.

H:O:R:A:C:E
23-05-2016, 04:27 PM
to have a guide that resembles an animal may mean that the perspective
of the guide is more closely attuned to nature than otherwise.

Mused
23-05-2016, 04:28 PM
An animal spirit guide is the animal you are most alike to (not the qualities you want to have but the ones you have already)

So I guess you can get to know yourself better if you study that animal :)

sweetangel85
23-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Thanks I will look it up I have had a Dove animal guide visiting me

Crystal Ambassador
23-05-2016, 04:55 PM
I have a few animal guides, and talk to them. They're very insightful and helpful, each with their own skill set. In my spirit path, animal guides are the norm, and each one means something different. Even to their person who has it. Two people can have the same animal and receive different benefits. An elephant, for example, can provide one person with endurance and a "thick skin", and another person may experience the benefit of improved memory.

H:O:R:A:C:E: is also correct that in some cases, a non-animal guide may manifest in the form of an animal. It can be because they're nature-oriented - such as a spirit that was a shaman or druid in life and became very close to nature - because they're fae, or an elemental. Some spirits also shift between forms, and I've heard of animal guides temporarily taking the form of humanoids. It seems plausible the reverse would also be possible.

I also agree somewhat with Mused, in that there are cases when people have guides of animals they're most like energetically. I haven't seen very many exactly, however it's been my experience that the animal guides that step forward are typically the ones that resonate with aspects of a soul that need to be encouraged. A person who has become spiritually wounded and unable to speak up for themselves or otherwise vocalize, for example, may have a songbird come through to help encourage their voice. What specifically your guides mean for you can be discerned by interacting with them; guides to animal meanings that can be found online can give clues to possibilities, and only that. The answers will come from the guides themselves and your intuition.

Lynn
23-05-2016, 05:29 PM

Hello

Like other Guides we have that might well be more in the human form they are there to give us guidance and messages. There are different levels of Guides as well. When we feel a strong connection where there is communications with the animal guide then I go to the level of it being an Animal Familiar to us.

The animal familiar is said to be a “closely acquainted” spirit companion there to serve or even guard a person. This does not have to be an animal in the sense of what the word means. There are said to be four levels of familiars. 1) The physical creature that lives with the human, i.e. pet. 2) Astral creature, animal that travels with one on that plane, for protections. 3) Elemental Spirit, this can tie into jewelry or crystals and can tie into magicks. 4) Spirit of a person that was once living. This is NOT to be confused with possessions ECT….this is a helper spirit.

DOVE or PIGION

* Communicating with friends and loved ones who are in Spirit

* Spiritual Messenger between Worlds

* Peace, gentleness and LOVe

This is just how I came to understand them, there are many meanings out there to explore and see what calls to you in meaning.

Lynn

sweetangel85
23-05-2016, 07:44 PM
Thanks for all the input.
He called himself Peter whoever he is he has guided me a bit.
When I used to live in an apartment with a balcony the pigeons used to gather outside on it I always felt it was a guide watching or something.

The other guide I have said his name was John and he was a bear.

Thunder Bow
23-05-2016, 08:23 PM
I think the 2016 Disney Movie "The Jungle Book" does a good job in showing what an Animal Guide is.

wolfgaze
24-05-2016, 02:06 AM

Dove / Pigeon
http://www.shamanicjourney.com/dove-pigeon-power-animal-symbol-of-peace-love-maternity-gentleness-spirit-messenger