PDA

View Full Version : hearing a loud voice just dropping off to sleep

calineee
12-05-2016, 01:40 PM
I have had a very stressful time of late, in fact my life has been very unfortunate in a lot of ways! the other night when I was going to bed I was feeling very low and started to cry, I said a little prayer and hoped for my situation to improve as I was finding life intolerable. In the morning I woke up to the song "bridge over troubled water" playing quite forcefully in my head. I took this as a sign/comfort from whoever in the spirit world.

The next night I mused about whether I had a guide and would the guide have sent the supportive song message, I did sort of ask who sent the message, I was drifting off to sleep when I was awaken by a forceful male voice shouting the name "Adam" very loudly in my head, enough to wake me up with a jump, my son is called adam and I intially thought it was to do with him but he was sleeping quietly.

Question is, if it were a guide, I have no other Adam relatives, would a guide be a normal person, why would they be my guide?

If its not a guide, why would I hear a male voice shouting the name Adam in my head?

wolfgaze
12-05-2016, 06:41 PM
Intriguing experience!

TheRedPill
13-05-2016, 08:35 AM
A science minded individual may suggest looking into hypnopopic and hypnogogic hallucinations. Apparently the mind can play tricks when it's drifting into and out of sleep, these can be audible as well as visual. I have had my name called by a male voice and been asked if I want a cuppa on another occasion......I don't buy into the hypnopopic theory myself, I feel it's that we are moving closer towards the invisible world as our individual vibration changes as were entering into a sleep state.

TheRedPill
14-05-2016, 12:13 PM
I neglected to mention in my last post, due to being at work when i wrote it. When I was asked " if I wanted a cuppa"
That also could have been an answer to a question that I had directed out to the universe ,similar to yourself.
I will spare you the details, just thought it would be relevant and worth while adding.

Baile
14-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Streams of esoteric philosophy describe this exact experience, I've had the experience in fact. There are folk tales about it as well, an Irish tale I've come across in particular. The invisible guide calls the individual by their name or soul name. This is meant to waken the individual to their higher self and purpose. In my case that is exactly what happened; I was instructed regarding my higher calling, which lead to my discovering my lifelong career path. In my case it happened in full consciousness, not in a dream. But that's of no consequence, we can enter metaphysical states in a variety of different ways.

calineee
15-05-2016, 05:15 AM
I don't agree with the hypogogic theory either, I have had a fair share of odd experiences when going to sleep, dreaming and waking up. Maybe in the process of going to sleep and being asleep/waking we are closer to the spirit world

I find I get most messages and interaction when I am at my lowest ebb or feeling in despair, you could say as it happens more at these times then its probably stress related, possibly, but some things I have experienced are spiritual. especially dreams and visitations.

Baile
15-05-2016, 04:22 PM
I find I get most messages and interaction when I am at my lowest ebb or feeling in despairThat is exactly what the occult understanding is. Look at fairy and folk tales; other-worldly intervention often occurs at a time when the character is in greatest need.

Gem
15-05-2016, 04:33 PM
Happens to me fairly frequently and I don't even think about it, but look, it's a pretty common experience, and there's all sorts of speculation about it, but at least you can be assured that it's not just you, and a lot of people experience similar.