PDA

View Full Version : Names of Guides - Keeping it Secret

Moon_Glow
25-04-2016, 07:43 PM
This is something that for some reason - maybe it is just a feeling I am getting - but I feel like I am not supposed to reveal to anyone the names of my guides? What do you guys think? I've written them down before in journals but I feel like I am not supposed to share names... like if I do there will be some kind of punishment?

Floatsy
26-04-2016, 04:48 AM
Hi Moon_Glow

I don't know the answer to such questions, as I am not in (any knowing) contact with any Guides.

Spirit Guide Sparrow might have an answer for you, have you tried asking in one of his threads?

Blessings to you!

floats

scotch
29-04-2016, 04:28 PM
I can't possibly imagine that will be an punishment. ....that sounds really strange. ..
Well I would just ask them directry if ok :hug3:
My guides have no problem with saying their names :biggrin:

Moon_Glow
29-04-2016, 04:38 PM
I can't possibly imagine that will be an punishment. ....that sounds really strange. ..
Well I would just ask them directry if ok :hug3:
My guides have no problem with saying their names :biggrin:

I've come to realize it was maybe self-doubt - being self-conscious - afraid of being judges. All is resolved now :)

Mandelyn
30-04-2016, 03:02 AM
It's funny you mention this. It's a very personal thing and up to your discretion, but I was getting a reading from a psychic I've known for years. She said spirit guide names should not be shared. She said that she was talking about one to a friend and that the guide had become upset that she had talked about him and left and never came back. Other guides came in but they are meant to be kept private, she said. Angels however are meant to be shared and can be talked about. Again, this is what she said but I got the same feeling myself before she said that.

TheGlow
30-04-2016, 03:05 AM
I had a thread about this sort of thing too. I share it with close people but not very many. It feels sacred somehow.

scotch
30-04-2016, 11:44 AM
I've come to realize it was maybe self-doubt - being self-conscious - afraid of being judges. All is resolved now :)

oh i am happy for you if all resolved :hug2:

Moon_Glow
02-05-2016, 03:14 PM
I now feel like if I want to share that they are fine with that. I was the one who didn't want the info shared.

I now feel like they are beings of light and peace and have bad intentions. Secrets foster negativity in a lot of situations. Some knowledge takes time to accumulate - sometimes an initiation is in order, but secrets, usually, are not good.

Crystal Ambassador
04-05-2016, 03:23 AM
I've noticed this trend too, at least when I discuss my guides. It's a bit odd to describe; like the names are supposed to be kept private but that the guides wouldn't be too upset about it or send punishment. I'd be curious to find out why this is. The closest theory I have is that names are audio manifestations of energy related to a being, and to speak it is to manifest the same energy vibration. I suspect that it would be especially true for spirits, who are purely spirit energy rather than both spirit and physical like living persons. It seems to be similar to the scenario in a few fantasy worlds - as well as some Mormon branches, actually, and I think some Wicca branches - where when a person finds out the "true name" of another, it gives them power over that individual.

RiverL
07-05-2016, 08:27 PM
I've not ever been asked to keep the names of my own guides private; I don't usually talk about most of them, though there are a couple, including the one who helps me with the guided readings and energy healing I do, whose names I speak pretty frequently. But I ask their permission before I mention their names to anyone, and there are a couple whose names I just don't feel right giving out, so I don't.

Daboycey93
07-05-2016, 10:23 PM
Its not that you shouldn't give out names, but I feel you shouldn't unless told to. Just like you shouldn't ask for names until the being gives you its name. On the other hand, why would you want to give out names? I think you shouldn't unless it tells you to, but also you should unless otherwise told not to.

I guess my post doesn't really help any lol I think it could go both ways, but I don't ask for names until given them, bor do I give names unless told to

Shivani Devi
21-05-2016, 08:10 AM
This is something that for some reason - maybe it is just a feeling I am getting - but I feel like I am not supposed to reveal to anyone the names of my guides? What do you guys think? I've written them down before in journals but I feel like I am not supposed to share names... like if I do there will be some kind of punishment?Hello, Moon_Glow. What makes you so sure that your guides aren't just using aliases in the first place? :wink:

If your guides are anything like mine, when you ask those 'big universe questions' like 'tell me your name' I either get one of two responses:

1. "You wouldn't be able to pronounce it" and
2. "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you".

Yeah, my guides are a pretty tough bunch, but lovable nonetheless - "William", "Jasmine", "Michael" (not the Angel) and "David".

Anonymity is more of a bigger thing in the 'Spirit World' than it is on the internet always remember that.

They'll only tell you what you need to know and when you need to hear it, so don't even take their names as being any indication of who/what they are (or say they are). lol

Anyway, you get my point? Whatever they are is however we relate to them...so telling all and sundry their 'names' doesn't really matter imho.

Moon_Glow
23-05-2016, 07:12 PM
Hello, Moon_Glow. What makes you so sure that your guides aren't just using aliases in the first place? :wink:

If your guides are anything like mine, when you ask those 'big universe questions' like 'tell me your name' I either get one of two responses:

1. "You wouldn't be able to pronounce it" and
2. "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you".

Yeah, my guides are a pretty tough bunch, but lovable nonetheless - "William", "Jasmine", "Michael" (not the Angel) and "David".

Anonymity is more of a bigger thing in the 'Spirit World' than it is on the internet always remember that.

They'll only tell you what you need to know and when you need to hear it, so don't even take their names as being any indication of who/what they are (or say they are). lol

Anyway, you get my point? Whatever they are is however we relate to them...so telling all and sundry their 'names' doesn't really matter imho.

Ya know.... you're right. I have experienced it several times, "my name is of no importance." "what makes you think I'm going to tell you my name" "you're not ready for that information"

The first time I felt this - and forgive me for sounding crazy - was with a tree... maybe not even one tree but a cluster... I'll explain:

Our last apartment was on the 3rd floor of my family's giant/old boardinghouse. My sons bedroom window overlooked the back yard which is full of Maples, Oaks, Cottonwood, Walnut, Chestnut and many other beautiful trees.

As soon as the sun would start to set - out my sons window - in the trees - The Green Man (this is the closest way I can describe what it looked like) would appear to me. The shadow the sun cast on the trees made a perfect male face pop out of the foliage, ever day.

I communicated with this beautiful nature spirit through my mind, he was very serious and refused to tell me a name. He said it was none of my business and not important anyway.

I have felt like I was communicating with many other trees before, individually, but never like that.