Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Closed Thread

Old 22-09-2006, 02:39 AM
Master
Is Sai Baba truly Krishna?

Hi,

Thats the question, I typed out a whole paragraph explaining the issue but was told I was not logged in when I tried to submit it, which I actually was.

Never mind. Sai Baba is a interesting subject. What do you think of him?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 22-09-2006, 02:43 AM
BLAIR2BE

you should have logged in again (if prompted) and your paragraph would have posted (but use the login box in the middle of the screen, not the one in the corner) for future reference:)

i have no idea about sai baba...sorry:(
Old 22-09-2006, 08:06 AM
Master
Hi Honza, what a lovely question, and one I can answer wholly for you my friend.
No Sai Baba is not the re incarnation of vishnu, he is an avatar, some have suggested that he is shiva incarnated, I cannot comment on this, but I know that he is in the sense you mean, not krishna.
However, having said that As a divine being, an avatar, he is at all times one with god, so in a sense, because there is no seperation for the divine, he is!!! Many is the time baba has shown this oneness.
The kalki incarnation of vishnu, the final incarnation tho is not Sai Baba.

Have you any experience of Sai baba Honza or Mother Meera , another avatar?
What do you maker of the concept of avatars?
Old 22-09-2006, 09:36 AM
Knower
Firstly I want to say that I know nothing about Sai Baba or any of his teachings, so I stand to be corrected if I'm in error about anything, and I apologise in advance if this is so.

Aren't there persistant rumours that Sai Baba has been linked with numerous child abuse cases? If this is so, I'd like to know what those of you who put store in his teachings think about this; whether you believe it, or not, or whether you think that his spiritual value as a teacher somehow merits a blind eye being turned to these allegations.

Personally, if there is even a hint of truth in the allegations, I couldn't follow the teachings of this man, no matter how spiritual he might be. It all smacks of the way the catholic church has played down child abuse cases in the past.

Love and Light,
Jeremy
Old 22-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Master
Hi jeremy, yes there have been some accusations, I cant speak of them myself, I know a couple have been repudiated in court, I can only speak of what I know of the man and what he does and I have had some powerful experiences of my own through sai baba. I do not beleieve these accusations personaly. But I can neither prove or disprove them and wont waste my time trying to.

All I would add is this, to people in the west the idea of a divine being is (and it used to be to me too) a ridiculous and ignorant concept. I can see how people find it difficult if not impossible to give credence to Baba, I can also see how the ego reacts when followers of baba and other spiritual figures dont get what they want. But your point in bringing this aspect up is important. All I can say is that my experience and everyone I know cannot believe these allegations to be true.
Hope that helps

Last edited by peteyzen : 22-09-2006 at 02:17 PM.
Old 22-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Master
Sai Babas teachings are principly loving, he says we are all God its just that most of us are asleep to the fact. What annoys many people is that he calls himself God in the absolute sense; that there is no difference between God and himself. The trouble is anyone could call themself God; as we know leaders of religeous cults often do. I think people fear that if one calls oneself God all sorts of 'dark' forces might be at work.
Personally I don't think Sai Baba is God Himself. I have spent time studying his teachings which are along the lines of 'The Geeta' and 'Upanishads' and have even been to Sai Baba groups. I eventually felt it was time to move on. I must admit I have had some strange experiences concerning him, not all of them good.
Accusations against him may be vicious slander; because he is so outspoken and seemingly so arrogant. It is easy to accuse and not so easy to refute. People may just be trying to ruin him.
But I feel people should be cautious with 'beings' who proclaim themself God, because not everything may be as it seems.

Old 22-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Master
Well put Honza, I am sorry that not all of your experiences with baba have been good.
If you read my posts you probabaly know that I believe him to be an avatar, which would essentially mean that for me he is an incarnation of god, So I believe that he has come down and we are going up so to speak. But who knows hey? One day no doubt we all will.
Love
Peteyzen
Old 07-10-2006, 12:39 PM
eternity

Petezen,
Yes Sai baba is an Avatar as is Sri Krishna and The Divine mother Meera.All avatars are one with the Divine but in human form on earth.Look up Avatar on the search engine of any computer.
Mankind is in need of all the spiritual help possible and every now and again Avatars come here to help you all out.
Light and grace.
Eternity.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:55 PM
dreamer

Hi Honza,

I was interested to read that Sai Baba says we are all God and that he is regarded as being arrogant by some. Does he treat all as equals to himself, I am interested to know this? It puzzles me how anyone can accuse someone of arrogance for stating that they are God alongside everyone else, surely arrogance is seeing oneself as better than others not on a par with them? I'd be interested in peoples views on this it makes no sense to me.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Hi Honza,

I was interested to read that Sai Baba says we are all God and that he is regarded as being arrogant by some. Does he treat all as equals to himself, I am interested to know this? It puzzles me how anyone can accuse someone of arrogance for stating that they are God alongside everyone else, surely arrogance is seeing oneself as better than others not on a par with them? I'd be interested in peoples views on this it makes no sense to me.

Although Baba says we are all God he plays on the fact that he has the upper hand because he is AWARE that he is God but most of us are not, yet. I think he is called arrogant because there are many people who believe in God and are on the spiritual path who give God the upper hand; to whom God is superior than themselves. Baba does not do this, he claims to be equal to God, i.e. his word is Gods word.
One can believe oneself to be God, as are all things, and NOT believe oneself to be equal to Him; i.e. He is greater or the greatest, and not ones own self like Baba says. I'm not sure whether Baba feels better than us or not, I think what he says is that He is God and that we are aspects of His self. He says things like he seperated himself from himself for the act of creation or love; so he does call us God but I feel he always gives himself the advantage!

Closed Thread