Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation > Walk-Ins/Soul Exchanges

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 18-11-2015, 06:06 PM
LifeWhispers LifeWhispers is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 34
  LifeWhispers's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
This is commonly reported with individuals who have had full blown NDE's (Near-Death Experiences)... Kenneth Ring conducted research and wrote a book about the 'aftereffects' that individuals experience and report in the years following their NDE's, it's called 'Heading Toward Omega'. There are a number of ways in which the individuals change due to the newfound awareness they have gained and how that shifts their perception....

I can understand how a change would be experienced.
How would they know if it is newfound awareness or a different soul inhabiting a human vessel? How would we know if this is possible or not? We choose to come into this body at birth, is it not possible the same could happen at a later point in life, If for some reason the other soul left the body?

For some reason I find this so interesting. And I am feeling very excited about it. Something I know nothing of!

I'll check out the book, it sounds like one I would enjoy. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 18-11-2015, 06:10 PM
LifeWhispers LifeWhispers is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 34
  LifeWhispers's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalTrav
I just thought of something. Let's say this man had another soul before the accident well he died maybe because his mission had been fulfilled and when he was resuscitated another soul came inside the same body since the physical body as we all know is just a vehicle. And since the body was still okay and maybe could live another 20-30 yrs then the next soul who inhabited it maybe his mission was only good for another 20-30 yrs just enough for the body to carry out and fulfill this other soul's mission. Yes it is very interesting.
Makes sense to me.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 18-11-2015, 06:23 PM
wolfgaze wolfgaze is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,313
  wolfgaze's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeWhispers
I can understand how a change would be experienced.
How would they know if it is newfound awareness or a different soul inhabiting a human vessel?

Well the person isn't entirely different across the board... They still retain aspects of their former selves (memories, personality traits, preferences, etc). It's just that they tend to change enough to a degree that they no longer conform to the image that certain others held for them and came to identify with. So the other people more or less experience a form of cognitive dissonance when interacting with the individual, post NDE... Like "Hey, you're not exactly the same person as I had remembered you."..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeWhispers
I'll check out the book, it sounds like one I would enjoy. Thanks

It's an excellent book. I do think you will enjoy it. The author makes the connection between the transformative changes reported by Near-Death Experiences and individuals who did not have NDE's but reported to have experienced going through the process of kundalini awakening. In many respects, the internal 'changes' that are reported under these two contexts are indentical. It's just that the NDE (experience) seems to be more like an accelerated form of 'awakening' for the individual, whereas a kundalini awakening can take course over the span of several to many (10-15+) years... Here is a quote from the text:

"In full kundalini awakenings, what is experienced is significantly similar to what many NDErs report from their experiences. And more than that: The aftereffects of these deep kundalini awakenings seem to lead to individual transformations and personal world views essentially indistinguishable from those found in NDErs" ~ Heading Toward Omega (Kenneth Ring)

I have a friend on another forum who had an NDE and from having spoken with her about her experiences, I can see the direct parallels between the internal changes and transformation that she reported undergoing in the years that followed, and what I myself experienced when I was going through a spiritual awakening. So I definitely share Kenneth Ring's findings regarding the similarities and connection between the two...

Last edited by wolfgaze : 18-11-2015 at 07:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 18-11-2015, 06:46 PM
LifeWhispers LifeWhispers is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 34
  LifeWhispers's Avatar
Is there a reason to think it isn't possible?
If it is possible, it could mimic what many others have experienced and witnessed after a near death experience. So again, how would they know for sure if it is a spiritual awakening or a new/different soul? And how could they say it isn't possible?

Please be patient with me, it is something new for me to think about so I will be asking questions. Of course you don't have to answer them.

I'm looking for the book now, thanks for the recommendation.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 18-11-2015, 06:59 PM
LifeWhispers LifeWhispers is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 34
  LifeWhispers's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze

"In full kundalini awakenings, what is experienced is significantly similar to what many NDErs report from their experiences. And more than that: The aftereffects of these deep kundalini awakenings seem to lead to individual transformations and personal world views essentially indistinguishable from those found in NDErs" ~ Heading Toward Omega (Kenneth Ring)

I have a friend on another forum who had an NDE and from having spoken with her about her experiences, I can see the direct parallels between the internal changes and transformation that she reported undergoing in the years that followed, and what I myself experienced when I was going through a spiritual awakening. So I definitely share Kenneth Ring's findings regarding the similarities and connection between the two...

I look forward to reading and learning more about this. So interesting!
I have been going through my awakening for quite some time. Do we ever get to the point where we can say, 'I'm finished, I'm fully awake!' ?

I understand what you say about the transformations. I even look at myself as a different person, from what I was 5 years ago. And others have mentioned it, that I am different in so many ways. So what you are saying does ring true.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 18-11-2015, 07:25 PM
wolfgaze wolfgaze is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,313
  wolfgaze's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeWhispers
Is there a reason to think it isn't possible?
If it is possible, it could mimic what many others have experienced and witnessed after a near death experience. So again, how would they know for sure if it is a spiritual awakening or a new/different soul? And how could they say it isn't possible?

Please be patient with me, it is something new for me to think about so I will be asking questions. Of course you don't have to answer them.

Well as far as we can discern, the only way that we currently know that a person's consciousness (or soul/spirit) can permanently sever the connection to the physical vessel is through the complete, irreversable 'death' of their body (i.e. it can no longer support consciousness).

Individuals who have full-blown NDE's are able to report the experience of leaving their physical body (OBE), entering into and interacting with the spiritual (non-physical) dimension, they are sometimes shown aspects of their Earthly lives, past lives, or future experiences to be had in this present lifetime, and they are often told that they must 'go back' and return to their body. Then they report the experience of being transported or sucked back int otheir physical body. In other words, what is described and accounted for covers the full range of the Near-Death Experience - from the onset of the circumstances that caused the incident up all the up through the reconnecting with their physical body and then recovering. If one soul were leaving and a different soul returning, I don't see how there would be that continuum of memory/recollection. Also, by many of the accounts of individuals who had these (NDE) experiences, they do not disown their former life experiences (as if they were completely foreign to them) or advertise themselves as having an entirely different identity than that of the person before the incident.

What I find troublesome and conflicting about the notion of 'soul exchanges' is the effect/impact it would have on others who knew and shared significant relationships with the allegedly departed soul. It would essentially create a state of unconscious deception for those people because they would continue interacting with someone whom they thought to be the spirit of their sibling/parent/child/best friend/etc- but by way of this theory, it's a completely different soul? That doesn't sit well with me because it yields confusion/unawareness and does not promote clarity. To be interacting with two unique souls while for good reason perceiving them to be the same consciousness/soul/spirit - something about that seems 'off' to me. I feel like the Universe would not promote this practice nor operate in this manner.. This is just my perspective on this though.... Others are entitled to believe differently of course....


Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeWhispers
I'm looking for the book now, thanks for the recommendation.

Amazon has the ebook available, also used copies of the paperback/hardcover that you can purchase.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 18-11-2015, 07:43 PM
wolfgaze wolfgaze is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,313
  wolfgaze's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeWhispers
I look forward to reading and learning more about this. So interesting!
I have been going through my awakening for quite some time. Do we ever get to the point where we can say, 'I'm finished, I'm fully awake!' ?

There is a culmination with regards to the specific process of the rising internal energy up through the energy centers (chakras) - which serves as the mechanism by which the purification of the individual unfolds and eventually leads to the ego-death experience and simultaneously, self-realization.

As far as the overall process of the evolution of your state of consciousness and soul growth/refinement - that appears to be an ongoing journey with no forseeable 'end' in sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeWhispers
I understand what you say about the transformations. I even look at myself as a different person, from what I was 5 years ago. And others have mentioned it, that I am different in so many ways. So what you are saying does ring true.

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 18-11-2015, 07:55 PM
LifeWhispers LifeWhispers is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 34
  LifeWhispers's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze

What I find troublesome and conflicting about the notion of 'soul exchanges' is the effect/impact it would have on others who knew and shared significant relationships with the allegedly departed soul. It would essentially create a state of unconscious deception for those people because they would continue interacting with someone whom they thought to be the spirit of their sibling/parent/child/best friend/etc- but by way of this theory, it's a completely different soul? That doesn't sit well with me because it yields confusion/unawareness and does not promote clarity. To be interacting with two unique souls while for good reason perceiving them to be the same consciousness/soul/spirit - something about that seems 'off' to me. I feel like the Universe would not promote this practice nor operate in this manner.. This is just my perspective on this though.... Others are entitled to believe differently of course.....
Wouldn't this be considered more of an ego issue though? I know of many times, souls come together, and then part (in the physical) for what ever the reason may be. It is very confusing and difficult for those involved. Just because our minds are not able to process it or make sense of it, doesn't mean the soul isn't aware, and only doing the job it came here to do? Wouldn't this be somewhat this same?

Maybe I am looking to far into this *scratching head*
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 18-11-2015, 08:17 PM
wolfgaze wolfgaze is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,313
  wolfgaze's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeWhispers
Wouldn't this be considered more of an ego issue though? I know of many times, souls come together, and then part (in the physical) for what ever the reason may be. It is very confusing and difficult for those involved. Just because our minds are not able to process it or make sense of it, doesn't mean the soul isn't aware, and only doing the job it came here to do? Wouldn't this be somewhat this same?

Maybe I am looking to far into this *scratching head*

Respectfully, I do not perceive how that is analogous because parting ways with that someone (as you described) is consciously experienced - both parties are aware of what's happening. Whereas the other context involves someone departing without your knowledge/awareness - and then you continue to interact with that physical person believing that individual to be the same spirit/soul you originaly knew.

Imagine the scenario of a mother/father who shared a very close bond/connection with their adult son or daughter. If that adult child had some type of incident and a 'soul exchange' took place (assuming it can even happen). Now a soul with a different nature, different personality/demeanor takes over and there is a newfound disconnect suddenly present and an eventual erosion of that preexisting bond/connection transpires. The parent becomes distraught, blames the original soul for what has unfolded (even though they are not responsible), and this opens up the door for strong feelings of anger, resentment, guilt to take hold - all over undetectable circumstances that were unable to be perceived? Meanwhile that poor parent has been deceived the whole time through no fault of his/her own. Who would ever wish to interact with someone while unknowingly mistaking their true identity for someone else? And what kind of effect would it have on the deceived individuals when they crossover and find out that they were directing all these emotions towards a particular soul who was not even the individual they thought them to be?

I cannot make sense of this confusion/deception that would be generated nor understand why the Universe would need to operate in such a manner... If soul wanted to experience Earth life so badly I don't see why they wouldn't be required to 'get in line' and incarnate into a human fetus like the rest of us had to. I can't speak for anyone else but I know that I would never (ever) desire to incarnate into someone else's previous body and into their lifetime, upon which I'm going to be being mistaken for another spirit/soul by others as well as be judged and treated a certain way based on actions I did not commit and experiences I was not even present for. Too many red flags come up when I entertain this theory and it does not seem sensible to me - so I remain wary/suspicious of it...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 18-11-2015, 09:00 PM
LifeWhispers LifeWhispers is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 34
  LifeWhispers's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Imagine the scenario of a mother/father who shared a very close bond/connection with their adult son or daughter. If that adult child had some type of incident and a 'soul exchange' took place (assuming it can even happen). Now a soul with a different nature, different personality/demeanor takes over and there is a newfound disconnect suddenly present and an eventual erosion of that preexisting bond/connection transpires. The parent becomes distraught, blames the original soul for what has unfolded (even though they are not responsible), and this opens up the door for strong feelings of anger, resentment, guilt to take hold - all over undetectable circumstances that were unable to be perceived? Meanwhile that poor parent has been deceived the whole time through no fault of his/her own. Who would ever wish to interact with someone while unknowingly mistaking their true identity for someone else? And what kind of effect would it have on the deceived individuals when they crossover and find out that they were directing all these emotions towards a particular soul who was not even the individual they thought them to be?
Thanks for your explanations.

I see what you're saying, and reading what you have to say about it, I can certainly understand why you are not open to the idea of this. I don't necessarily believe every theory that I hear. But I do love hearing of different theories and keep my mind open to all possibilities. This could be because, most of my life was molded around a strict set of beliefs. I was never permitted to think on my own. I think this is a way for me to stretch my wings.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums