Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-09-2015, 11:26 PM
starling starling is offline
Guide
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Near a tree.....
Posts: 569
  starling's Avatar
Fred.

Hi

We lost one of our stewards from the local museum where I do project work, a few days ago.

I've spent quite a lot of time with him this last year or 6 months.

I'm left with a few questions


1) Although those who could do, did what we could, he was in a lot of pain; which he just didn't deserve.

2) At various nursing homes I visited him at I saw so much pain....why is it often necessary for the elderly to go through this.

(I did witness an elderly lady being lifted onto a bed......I do hope this doesn't sound disrespectful but I couldn't help thinking of her as a 25 year old bouncing around a ballroom 70 years ago).



I have felt lousy today, for no accountable reason, which I(we) think is a grief reaction.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-09-2015, 11:44 PM
Amberly
Posts: n/a
 
It's natural to feel off when we suffer a loss. I suppose its just our way of processing things.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-09-2015, 11:47 PM
knightofalbion knightofalbion is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 19,232
 
Life is a continuum. Dear Fred has left this life and emerged anew in the next life - restored to youth and vigour, free of pain and reunited with loved ones.
Take heart at that.

Human life is much like the changing of the seasons. Spring - summer - autumn - winter. And then, Spring again ...
The secret and the promise of spirit. No death, but rebirth in another guise.

"The meaning of sorrow and its beauty".... In the physical, one can see nothing positive. But in the spiritual, one learns empathy, compassion and understanding, and indeed stoicism and strength of spirit.
There is a purpose and reason for everything.
__________________
All this talk of religion, but it's how you live your life that is the all-important thing.
If you set out each day to do all the goodness and kindness that you can, and to do no harm to man or beast, then you are walking the highest path.
And when your time is up, if you can leave the earth a better place than you found it, then yours will have been a life well lived.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-09-2015, 11:48 PM
starling starling is offline
Guide
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Near a tree.....
Posts: 569
  starling's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberly
It's natural to feel off when we suffer a loss. I suppose its just our way of processing things.



I guess so.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-09-2015, 11:52 PM
starling starling is offline
Guide
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Near a tree.....
Posts: 569
  starling's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Life is a continuum. Dear Fred has left this life and emerged anew in the next life - restored to youth and vigour, free of pain and reunited with loved ones.
Take heart at that.

Human life is much like the changing of the seasons. Spring - summer - autumn - winter. And then, Spring again ...
The secret and the promise of spirit. No death, but rebirth in another guise.

"The meaning of sorrow and its beauty".... In the physical, one can see nothing positive. But in the spiritual, one learns empathy, compassion and understanding, and indeed stoicism and strength of spirit.
There is a purpose and reason for everything.




I sense that you have rather more faith i that than I have but thanks for writing.


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-09-2015, 11:54 PM
Amberly
Posts: n/a
 
My mother passed away 4 weeks ago today and my brain hasn't been working well since. I'm constantly tired and drained. I often ask myself "what should I be feeling? What should I be doing?" the answer is…anything I feel like. There is no right or wrong way to grieve.

Fred had the help of you and others in his last months. You most probably made his life happier.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-09-2015, 12:00 AM
starling starling is offline
Guide
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Near a tree.....
Posts: 569
  starling's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberly
My mother passed away 4 weeks ago today and my brain hasn't been working well since. I'm constantly tired and drained. I often ask myself "what should I be feeling? What should I be doing?" the answer is…anything I feel like. There is no right or wrong way to grieve.

Fred had the help of you and others in his last months. You most probably made his life happier.



That was the intention.

His wife has been dead for a long time and his contact/relations/support with his daughter's disappointing. Ian (mus manager) and I did our best.

I'm sorry to hear about your Mum, I think you do need to treat yourself carefully with is one.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-09-2015, 12:08 AM
Amberly
Posts: n/a
 
That is all anyone can ask of you and others…you did your best by him. More than his own family by the sounds of it.

I know I need to be careful. I have an awful habit of sucking up emotion, being there for others but never needing anyone myself. This may come out wrong but…I wouldn't of wanted her to die any other way. It was quick and painless…think we would all like to go that way too.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-09-2015, 12:25 AM
starling starling is offline
Guide
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Near a tree.....
Posts: 569
  starling's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberly
That is all anyone can ask of you and others…you did your best by him. More than his own family by the sounds of it.


One daughter came to him in the last week. The other one, no nothing.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberly
I know I need to be careful. I have an awful habit of sucking up emotion, being there for others but never needing anyone myself. This may come out wrong but…I wouldn't of wanted her to die any other way. It was quick and painless…think we would all like to go that way too.



No, completely understood.

My Grandfather died quietly in his sleep, no illness.

It was a shock to us all but he did have a quick clean exit!



I suck stuff up too.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-09-2015, 12:30 AM
Amberly
Posts: n/a
 
Sudden death is best I think for the person concerned. I think its just a shock for those left behind. But having said that…as we've both said, its much better that way than having to watch a loved one suffer.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums