Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 21-08-2015, 05:00 AM
Deactivated Account

Your Experiences with Land Spirits

First, I would like to share an intense experience I had several years ago before I turn the discussion over to you guys.

While I was in college, I had a number of opportunities to travel around and study anthropology. I believe that I had contact with a nature spirit while I was overseas for the first time. Although I was trying to push away my hidden interest in spirituality back then, within the first week, I felt a sort of earthy energy watching me. Some reason, I had a sudden and intense desire to address this energy and thank it for allowing me to stay as a guest. I didn’t have any in-depth conversations with this being because I was busy going to school and being the typical young idiot tourist, but I could sense it countless times during my six month stay. I took a lot of strolls through the woods and town parks there, and whenever the wind picked up or it began to rain, I had a strange sense that the spirit was accompanying me.

Even now, I’m not 100% sure if I can attribute it to him/her (leaning towards “him”), but it is possible he/she did little favors as well. An example: while I was sensing that presence, I made a casual remark that I was missing my cat and wanted to pet her. The following afternoon, while I was on my way to the flower market, this random, friendly kitty showed up on a busy sidewalk and came right up to me.

Everything was going smoothly until I packed up and left my dorm for the very last time. As crazy and unbelievable as it sounds, it felt as if this energy was doing everything it possibly could to keep me from getting to the airport and leaving the country: the ticket machine eating my currency, the train breaking down thus forcing us to switch to another train, people being extra nasty, the clasp holding my suitcase coming undone, sudden heavy rain as I stood outside waiting for an airport shuttle, and a dreamlike mental fog coming over me. I didn’t hear a voice, but the thought “How dare you leave me” cut through to my consciousness. I was dazed, but I remembered responding telepathically, “I’m sorry, but I have to go home.” As soon as my plane left the ground, the presence disappeared rapidly. It was so strange, because all I did was say “thank you.” It didn’t feel like a human spirit. It was too wild and volatile.

It was a chaotic and bizarre experience for me, though it did open my eyes to the possibility that entities tied to the earth can exist. A year later, I took a college course on folklore, and when I read an article that mentioned that fairies can be very emotional and temperamental towards some humans and objects, it made me think of that experience overseas.

That is the only experience I’ve had that can be described as “dramatic.” All the others have thankfully been positive and very low-key. An example: There is a large oak tree that I pass by during my hikes, and although there are plenty of other trees of its kind around, I can sense that this particular tree has a spirit attached to it. He—yes, he—is just chillin’ there being a super cool tree, happily watching people, cows, crows, and rabbits pass by. I’ve stopped to say “hi” to him a couple of times now, and I always get a very peaceful, grandfather-like vibe from him. I should get a picture the next time I’m over there.

So…what sorts of experiences have you had with land/earth spirits?
Old 21-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Knower

I consider myself rather sensitive because I often times see auras, colors, and on occasion entities. My mother can also sense things and my sister has very developed dream intuition, but she's always taught us to ignore something if it interacts with us, to avoid feeding it or having it attach to us. I've encountered energies/enities which appear very very old, not human and deeply attached to particular pieces of land. Some seem to act like guardians but I can't say for sure.
Old 24-09-2015, 04:40 AM
Knower
I know what you mean by seeing a tree and feeling it is special. Lol There is one such tree (not certain what it is but I can find out), it rests on a mound in a nature park. It has such a warmth about it that is very welcoming. I say hello to it and I like to rest my hand on it, I usually feel a warm/tingly sensation when I do. I wonder, did you feel like this earthy spirit was bound to a large area or a specific spot, like a tree?
Old 24-09-2015, 04:58 AM
Master
The dreamlike mental fog you had followed by telepathy with the Being rings very true to me based on my own experiences of when an etheric being wanted to get my attention and had to cut through the mental chatter to do it.

Over the last few years I've had numerous encounters with tree's and animals telepathically, the latest one I like to well about is Weather Tree. A large pine tree at my Sweeties who would tell me the weather for the next several days and one time when I said goodnight to it it replied "Good Night little creature" :)

I've had sec real tree's stoke me with energy, like lightening, one to open my crown chakra and several years later another to open my heart chakra - that tree also told me it's story and showed me what the neighborhood had looked like before the developers came and said it was the oldest tree around, all of which I was able to verify. It also chastised me for moving into the room in the house closest to it and not noticing it out my window. She's sort of a Bossy tree actually, and has told me to do various things, bring things to her for her to bless and such. :)

My experiences with fairy's and sprites is much slimmer, hand dancing one night with a bush in the moon light and them coming out and joining the dance, I could feel them brushing over my hands and arms.
And a few other times I've met the ones who live with plants or tree's, people have seen them around me but I couldn't see them and they seem to know I couldn't see them.

Enough experiences that I don't doubt your experience for a moment. I wonder though what it was, it sounds like it had a rather large area of effect. Not like anything I've met from the Faye realms which have all been tiny little things.
Old 24-09-2015, 11:42 AM
Ascender
OP the spirit that you encountered while away wasn't a nature spirit but a vampiric entity. It latched onto you and resulted in causing you negative stress at the airport. This thing was interested in feeding off your energy. When you returned did you do a cleansing ritual?
Old 24-09-2015, 12:56 PM
Knower

I have hundreds of flower fairies around me, they are very tiny and appear as white orbs with flower designs inside. I can see what appears from a distance as webs everywhere, in trees, lamp posts, wires etc when traveling by car or walking.

We recently went for a trip overnight and I could see their orbs surrounding and following our car in the sky overhead. The hotel room was totally decorated ceiling included with blue and red flowers that night. Each flower is a spirit so that is why I believe there are hundreds around me.
Old 24-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Master
Florence, study those 'webs', see if they flow and move. I suspect what you might be seeing is energy. Maybe play with it, see if it will flow to your hand. I've seen this also, tree's and bushes touching each other with flowing energy.
Old 24-09-2015, 04:08 PM
Knower

Hi CrystalSong, I see the orbs of the flower fairies landing in the trees at the back of my house. When they grab onto the tree their flowers are slightly distorted and then they appear more like webs. But that could be just energy as you say along the wires etc.

The flower fairies today have actually made chains of many spirits connecting them from the tree at the back of our property to the porch at the back of our house. They are very busy little spirits!!
Old 26-09-2015, 12:14 PM
Pathfinder

Hey there everyone,
It has been fun to read through this. Thanks for sharing your stories.

I have this experience with a tree that was close to our sleeping place when we stay in the North of my country, which we do a lot during spring and summer. About 7 months we go there many of the weekends.
Its not a tree that would look special to anyone, its not big, its slightly hidden between some other trees as well.
This is not a picture of her, but of the type of leafs the tree has. I think she is a type of hawthorn.

From the beginning on I enjoyed watching this tree through the window. I cannot really explain it, I find it hard to find words. But I started getting these non-visual moving images in my mind, of a green/blue energy like (sort of) face. It seemed female very much, not because I could see it so well but because of how she felt to me.
She felt like a very female, totally cheerful, friendly and playful thing. Moving up and down the trunk, sometimes higher up, sometimes really low, really energetic.
She had a sense of pride over her, it seemed she enjoyed it that I saw her and enjoyed the recognition. I kept, in my mind, telling her 'hey! I see you, you are so beautiful'. Which caused a joyful surge of gratefulness and movement. I meant it every time because she is, I cannot see her well enough to see exactly how she looks, but her energy is just so lovely.
The last time I was there there where red berries I told her again that I thought she was so beautiful. Her energy went into the branches and berries, as if she was showing me. I thought it looked so healthy and fertile. In tune with the time of year/the rest of nature.
I felt regret because I knew it was the last time. I really wanted to sit next to her for a while, or touch the trunk, to sort of say goodbye. But the people I was with would have thought it strange.
I am really fond if that tree. I do not know if all of this is my imagination. I would think not, because it kept happening, even when I did not think about it and was doing something else. It was not so much 'seeing', but sensing combined with visuals inside.

In my mind I have tried to explain that I would not come again, and I got a visual of lots of other spirits like her, all around, connected to other trees. It seemed ok. I am not sure though.
Since this summer, because of this tree, I often greet trees that I feel some sort of connection to. I feel that they are happy to be seen and recognized. I always feel the urge to tell them they are gorgeous, or beautiful, it just happens without thinking about it. I sort of think they love that.
There are a couple of others, not many, in which I think I sense spirits.
There is a row of really tall and old sycamore trees near my house, when I go to my working place I see them on the way there. They seem to respond too, but are not as energetic as the Hawthorn spirit. They are much more still, not moving about.
And there are two cherry trees, one in our garden, and one in the garden of my workplace. The one in our own garden seems angry or a bit scary. I do not really dare to talk to her. It seems like something is off. Although its a gorgeous tree to see.
The one at my workplace is friendly, she appears thinner then all the others. If one would ask me to draw her she has a very thin face and body, stretched sort of. Lol, it sounds odd.
She sees good, but also more silent and still then the Hawthorn. Just watching, and when I sort of greet her internally, she does it back, but not much more it seems. (or I am just not sensitive enough to notice).

lol, I must seem crazy.
It has only been this past year that I started sensing them this way. Its new. But not scary to me, so far. I just leave the cherry in the garden alone a bit, but treat her with respect all the same. I hope its ok. I have just been living here for almost a year, and the tree has been standing there for 30 years. Who knows, maybe something went wrong. Or maybe its just another type of spirit, is that possible?
Old 03-10-2015, 09:46 AM
Master
That is indeed a hawthorn tree :) They're very much connected to the Fairy realm. I love 'em!
There were a lot of hawthorns where I used to live and I went to that piece of nature, a very small piece of woods, very often just to communicate with the fairy.
At that time I was busy learning to connect to nature and nature spirits and I got a feel for trees as well as for fairies. I started to sense the differences in energies of alder, hawthorn, elder, oak trees. And also that one oak tree feels different from another. Sometimes trees can be in a mood, some are never really available to communicate with humans, others are very willing and eager. During winter they were slower, kind of hibernating. Not the best of times to communicate with them. The group of oak trees seemed to have a leader, which happened to be the one that I often communicated with, sat with.
The hawthorns in that small woods were all young. Many of them got pruned without much care so they wouldn't overgrow a path. There were fairies there though. However, a bit further on, on the seawall, there was another hawthorn tree. A solitary one, and a rather old one (very thick trunk). It never got pruned so it had it's natural shape and it was gorgeous!
I always felt that she was like Lady Hawthorn, the 'overseer' of all the other ones in that area. There was some portal there as well. Whenever I really needed to connect to the fae, needed to ask the Queen of Faery for guidance, or simply needed strength, I went to that tree.
At one point I was even chased (read=scared) out of the little woods only to end up with this big, old hawthorn tree. I had been looking for something in those woods and suddenly I felt watched. I sensed a presence and I didn't like it. I kept walking, but the feeling of not being wanted there got stronger and stronger and I started to feel quite uncomfortable. The wind seemed to pick up around me, and in the end I kind of freaked out, lol, and hurried out of the woods.
I figured, "okay, I'm not supposed to be there, so I'm going to the hawthorn on the seawall." And it was there that I found what I had been looking for. So by scaring me, the spirits / fairies had actually helped me. I was grateful, although not chuffed about having been scared like that, lol.

As for land spirits ... I know every area has devas and every piece of nature has a Spirit of Place. But that's not like what would chase after you if you'd leave.
I think the spirit in the OP's story may indeed have been a Fairy. (Not the flower fairy types, but a Fairy, the type you read about in "Mists of Avalon").