Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 13-07-2015, 02:53 AM
Seruptin

My Neighbor thought we were Demons

I was about ten years old and lived in a small suburban home in a quiet neighborhood. It was really laid back and we walked to school almost everyday, it was a safe environment and a lot of young families lived in the area.

One morning I woke up and pulled my blinds aside, a thing I did everyday to look for snow (I was always optimistic about school getting canceled) but saw a cross on the property line between our house and the neighbors. I told my mother and she went to take a closer look, it was roughly constructed, painted white and had 5-7 nails hammered into the center facing our home. We asked them to remove it, it did't happen immediately but eventually they gave in.

A lot of strange things began to occur after that.

The wife of the neighboring house (V) would mow her lawn at night and only during the day if it was misting.

She would constantly look over the fence separating our yards and watch my mother garden, and when my mother acknowledged her she would quickly run away.

The circle of mothers in our neighborhood would get together and porch sit, talking about day to day things. V would come over and stand near the group and listen acting invisible. When people tried to speak to her she would say " You can't see me".

She would go outside in the rain,clinking a strange gold object and chanting(in an unknown language) in front of our house (and two others), when asked what she was doing she looked over slowly and said "I'm calling the birds."

She built a sweat tent to worship the Virgin Mary in her backyard, and destroyed the ornamental grass between our properties because she felt it was dying.

All of this could be written off as just a weird neighbor but the last event still haunts me. I was home alone one night finishing a important power point project in the family office for class, I didn't close the blinds so I could see my parents arrive home, I suddenly I got a heavy negative feeling and turned to the window.

She was standing in the bushes staring at me, she had this terrifying look on her face and I have no way to describe it, I immediately grabbed our home telephone and called my parents. When I looked back she was gone, she only had time to squat in the bushes, and I ran to lock all of the doors. I caught a glimpse of her in our backyard later but my parents got home quick.

We moved shortly after this, but I want to share that I had a number of negative paranormal experiences in that house for some reason.

Any thoughts? Thank you for reading this, it would help if anyone has a clue about what happened.
Old 13-07-2015, 05:08 AM
Master

The way I see it, your neighbors were slowly becoming more and more mentally ill.
Maybe there were demon spirits involved in that.

Some people can also become mentally weak with no clear reasons when they become old.

Good thing you moved from there.
Mentally ill people can be very dangerous.
Old 13-07-2015, 10:22 AM
Ascender
The neighbours sound weird and mentally ill as Serrao pointed out.
Old 13-07-2015, 02:07 PM
Ravenspirit

People who are becoming mentally ill often focus very intensely upon images of spirituality. The bit with the shrine and the nails in a cross that's a huge red flag for this type of mental illness. She clearly had some kind of religious mania thing happening and unfortunately focused on you and your family. Maybe there had been previous activity there, so she assumed you were part of it. I'm very glad to hear no one in your family got hurt by her.
Old 13-07-2015, 02:38 PM
Master
Awesome. Lol.

Quote:
"You can't see me"
Oh i wish i was there. i would have said "But the demon in me just said that eating too many Twinkies makes you think that you are invisible".

Then just finish off the conversation with a cackle similar to that of a banshee.
Old 13-07-2015, 05:15 PM
Suspended
Did the house you lived in had a bad past? Your nutty neighbor may have been focusing on that, thinking only demons could live there.
Old 13-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Administrator
People who are mentally ill can act in weired ways .but as Thunder Bow asked did your house harbour a bad past,

Namaste
Old 14-07-2015, 01:14 PM
Newbie ;)

When I was growing up, we had a neighbor who practiced witchcraft. Not the modern day neo pagan variety, but old fashioned traditional European witchcraft. I have no idea why, but she hugely disliked my parents. My parents considered her evil. She caused a lot of trouble just being a basic nasty person. I also remember her staring at me out of a window. Our house was always very happy and warm so, for whatever reason, it did not seem to impact us that I could tell other than being really annoying to my parents. We eventually moved and ironically, the house we moved to was horrible. All kinds of bad things happened there from the moment we moved there until the day my parents left some 30 years later.