Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 14-06-2015, 02:05 AM
theseeker116 theseeker116 is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 4
 
I need a spiritual path, please help

Hello everyone. I joined this forum mainly because I want to get some guidance on some things i'm facing. I am currently an agnostic, but I am trying to figure out my purpose in life and what religion or path suits me best, or what may potentially be the correct one. I kind of believe in God, but i'm not sure. I used to be a very heavy Christian, but left the faith because of some disagreements with things, such as Creationism, which has been proven wrong by science. However, i'm not going to resort to Atheism under any circumstance, i've made it a truly worthwhile goal to find out a good spiritual path in this life. I feel like it is necessary somehow. So, with that being said, please, people of all faiths, give me your advice and take on this, and explain to me why you chose the path you chose, and why you think it is the truth, and provide evidence if you can. I don't want any debate or amateur nonsense on this thread, this is a civil discussion. I also do not want any responses like "god isn't real", etc., because that goes against the very core of what i'm searching for, and you would be wasting your breath to say those things. I think one of the best ways to figure out what is best for myself is to have discussion with spiritual people of different faiths, and through that I can come to a definite conclusion.
Discussion starts now.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 14-06-2015, 06:55 AM
celest
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theseeker116
Hello everyone. I joined this forum mainly because I want to get some guidance on some things i'm facing. I am currently an agnostic, but I am trying to figure out my purpose in life and what religion or path suits me best, or what may potentially be the correct one. I kind of believe in God, but i'm not sure. I used to be a very heavy Christian, but left the faith because of some disagreements with things, such as Creationism, which has been proven wrong by science. However, i'm not going to resort to Atheism under any circumstance, i've made it a truly worthwhile goal to find out a good spiritual path in this life. I feel like it is necessary somehow. So, with that being said, please, people of all faiths, give me your advice and take on this, and explain to me why you chose the path you chose, and why you think it is the truth, and provide evidence if you can. I don't want any debate or amateur nonsense on this thread, this is a civil discussion. I also do not want any responses like "god isn't real", etc., because that goes against the very core of what i'm searching for, and you would be wasting your breath to say those things. I think one of the best ways to figure out what is best for myself is to have discussion with spiritual people of different faiths, and through that I can come to a definite conclusion.
Discussion starts now.

You will find your own spiritual path by looking inside you not through others
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14-06-2015, 07:37 AM
revolver revolver is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 883
  revolver's Avatar
There is no purpose to life, life is enough, make it what you want it to be like an artist. These questions can only be answered by you, maybe meditation will still the mind, so as to be able to listen to your inner being talking to you, its always talking to you, but its the mind that is rushing to be awakened that hides the communication that is happening with you.
__________________
"A really egoless person is not humble at all.
He is neither arrogant nor humble; he is simply himself."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 14-06-2015, 08:12 AM
celest
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
There is no purpose to life, life is enough, make it what you want it to be like an artist. These questions can only be answered by you, maybe meditation will still the mind, so as to be able to listen to your inner being talking to you, its always talking to you, but its the mind that is rushing to be awakened that hides the communication that is happening with you.

You certainly have it right revolver, I find so much wisdom in your posts
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 14-06-2015, 08:14 AM
revolver revolver is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 883
  revolver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by celest
You certainly have it right revolver, I find so much wisdom in your posts
Thank you Celest, I try my hardest lol.
__________________
"A really egoless person is not humble at all.
He is neither arrogant nor humble; he is simply himself."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 14-06-2015, 08:25 AM
durgaa durgaa is offline
Suspended
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,095
 
Ask God to direct you in this..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 14-06-2015, 08:30 AM
revolver revolver is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 883
  revolver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by durgaa
Ask God to direct you in this..
That is good advice, but we also have to make an effete.
__________________
"A really egoless person is not humble at all.
He is neither arrogant nor humble; he is simply himself."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 14-06-2015, 08:33 AM
Sisyphus Sisyphus is offline
Knower
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 176
  Sisyphus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
There is no purpose to life, life is enough, make it what you want it to be like an artist. These questions can only be answered by you, maybe meditation will still the mind, so as to be able to listen to your inner being talking to you, its always talking to you, but its the mind that is rushing to be awakened that hides the communication that is happening with you.

This is excellent advice by revolver.

theseeker116 I sense a frustration and urgency in your words, which in themselves can block the journey to the awareness you seek.

Through quieting the mind, meditation, allow yourself to be an observer to be taken to those inner places waiting to be revealed to you from the questions you are asking.

I hope the journey becomes more settled for you.
__________________
Do it ...Afraid.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 14-06-2015, 08:39 AM
revolver revolver is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 883
  revolver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
This is excellent advice by revolver.

theseeker116 I sense a frustration and urgency in your words, which in themselves can block the journey to the awareness you seek.

Through quieting the mind, meditation, allow yourself to be an observer to be taken to those inner places waiting to be revealed to you from the questions you are asking.

I hope the journey becomes more settled for you.
And I like to say that you have given excellent advice also Sisyphus.
__________________
"A really egoless person is not humble at all.
He is neither arrogant nor humble; he is simply himself."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 14-06-2015, 11:25 AM
nummi nummi is offline
Knower
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 179
 
I would recommend reading articles and texts on this site. http://montalk.net/
It should help a lot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseeker116
I am currently an agnostic
Giving yourself labels or identifying yourself as belonging to some made up "group" is limiting yourself. Because you identify yourself with this label that has rules under it, rules that allow some directions and don't allow others.

My advice is to try and get rid of, eventually, of identifying yourself with any labels. Find your true self.

Quote:
but I am trying to figure out my purpose in life and what religion or path suits me best, or what may potentially be the correct one.
The best and only truly correct path that suits anyone is that which comes from within oneself. Not one that comes externally. I mean religions and paths like "Christianity", "veganism", and whatever else such. They are not your paths, they may include qualities that correspond to some of your own personal qualities, but as a whole they do not fit.

You can use such external paths to help yourself find yourself. See what qualities of those paths fit you and you agree with, and which qualities you don't. And always ask yourself "Why do I agree with it" or "Why do I disagree with it?" Personally I don't have to ask these questions, mostly they more like come automatically... as in I go straight for the answers without asking the questions.

Quote:
I kind of believe in God, but i'm not sure.
Have you defined for yourself what a "god" is?
Personally I know there are beings of immense knowledge and power, etc. But I would never call them "gods".

Quote:
I used to be a very heavy Christian, but left the faith because of some disagreements with things, such as Creationism, which has been proven wrong by science.
Creationism is partially wrong. That's where the disagreement comes from. But so is science partially wrong...

Quote:
However, i'm not going to resort to Atheism under any circumstance, i've made it a truly worthwhile goal to find out a good spiritual path in this life.
Essentially, spirituality is about finding yourself. Finding who you are, what works for you, how you fit into the world and how the world fits around you.

Quote:
So, with that being said, please, people of all faiths, give me your advice and take on this, and explain to me why you chose the path you chose, and why you think it is the truth, and provide evidence if you can.
Personally I haven't ever really given myself a label such as "I'm an atheist", or whatever else. If then only for a rather short period, up to a few months, and then I removed the label from myself because I noticed it wasn't right, it wasn't who I really am.

Giving yourself a label is limiting your thinking and senses to a narrow road.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums