Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 22-04-2015, 01:52 PM
Master
Post The Four Primary Soul Connections Explained

Disclaimer: All information written is my own subjective understanding and is for general guidance only. I cannot guarantee its completeness, reliability or accuracy. Take what resonates with you and leave what doesn’t. And over all remember to have fun with your discovery process!

Sometimes we meet a special person and we wonder about the connection, perhaps we've met a soulmate, or perhaps we have even met a twin flame. But how do we tell the difference between the two? I'm going to list some very important distinctions between the two, as well as well outline the similarities which often make them hard to tell apart. To add, there are also karmic connections and near twin flames which can make things even more confusing. But with a careful analysis and self-honesty you can tell the difference.

Now I want to say one thing before I start listing the differences and similarities between them all. Neither connection is more or less special than the other, they are all equally special in their own way and it is best not to hold to this list as fact or an indication that that you are less special or your beloved is less special for not being a twin flame connection or even a soulmate connection. Each love shared is unique and every person's story is different. So most of all listen to that still small voice inside you which is guiding you towards truth.

Now, onto the explanations:

Twin Flame

-The first thing about a twin flame connection is that meeting them feels like you have met God. This is not just a metaphor or symbolic for how great you feel, this is an actual occurrence where you meet the creator of the universe and all life inside yourself. There is nothing more holy. This connection is completely spiritual and you become consumed and burned up with divine love. You will feel it not just physically but emotionally, mentally and religiously too. You will want to worship them as you see your perfect godself reflected back at you.

-You are in an initial state of bliss, you often cannot think or even move for hours on end each day, and this lasts for a long time, making you incapable of functioning and continuing life at a normal rate. You feel like you're in a bubble of incredible energy where time and the rest of the world doesn't exist. You spend most of your time spaced out on what feels like ecstasy, tons of chemicals are released in your body and you are flying on an incredibly intense high. It is literally like being drugged up and often consecutive sick days are needed to be taken from work.

-Whether you were spiritual or not before, suddenly you are and everything in the entire universe makes sense. There is perfect order and you realise and understand everything about life. It is like being given a key to the book of life and all the secrets pour into your mind. There is nothing hidden any longer, you are one with all life and you cry uncontrollably in wonder and joy at everything that has been revealed to you. You feel like destiny really does exist after all.

-After the bliss stage you go through such an incredible purging that you feel like you had taken a trip to heaven and then were plunged into hell. Again this is not symbolic or exaggerated, this is actually how it feels. You face everything inside yourself, all the old habits, baggage and negativity you didn't realise was still there. You are faced with your unconscious self and forced to feel it, deal with it, and release it. Nothing can remain shrouded or hidden in darkness.

-Your beloved twin flame is an exact mirror image and reflection of you. Although on the outside they may appear different in their appearance and habits, on the inside they match you perfectly. What you see in them and how you react to them is directly related and dependent upon what you see in yourself and how you react to and treat yourself. This will cause many synchronicities to happen as well as inadvertent telepathic and empathic communication as you work out and balance the connection between you both.

Soulmate

-Meeting a soulmate is like meeting a best friend you haven't seen for a long long time. You rush back into each other's arms and try to catch up on everything you've missed out on. There is a likeness and similarity in interests and an intense focus on the other. You want to spend as much time as you can with each other so as to not miss out on anything ever again.

-The energy can be very intense in a similar way to how it is with a twin flame and you may feel like you've met the love of your life. Soulmates are very supportive and usually don't argue about many things, unlike twin flames who can irritate each other immensely. If soulmates do argue then it is easily solved and both parties quickly come to a compromise.

-Soulmates have a great respect for each other and give the other space and rarely if ever encroach on their boundaries. Unlike a twin flame they will support you in your growth rather than push you to become your true self. They stay by your side and give suggestions and make sure you are happy and comfortable in life. They look out for you and nurture you.

-With a soulmate the intensity also tends to build up gradually over time. It is a connection that can become something much more through active love and conscious desire to make things even more amazing between the two of you. Though the connection will always come easily and effortlessly, it doesn't drag you down into hell for purging like a twin flame connection does, but builds you up instead and makes you a stronger and a more aware person gradually.

-Finally, a soulmate is the first type of soul connection you will experience before meeting a twin flame or a near twin flame. They tend to prepare you for your spiritual journey and path towards your true self and if you have never experienced any type of energetic connection before then this first kind is likely a soulmate connection which will make you ready for more love to come.

Near Twin Flame

-Sometimes you will see people calling this a false twin flame, soul catalyst, or secondary twin flame. You often meet a near twin flame either before or after meeting your actual/primary twin flame. A near twin flame helps prepare you for meeting your primary twin flame. You will feel an immense divine love with them but it is often not as prolonged as it is with a twin flame. There will also be synchronicity and telepathy shared just like with your primary twin flame but it is not always as overwhelming or as frequent.

-When meeting your near twin flame after meeting your actual twin flame it is usually for the purpose of giving you a mirror in the event of a separation with your primary twin flame. They help you release your blockages in a more controlled and less intense way. This is the person you will likely settle down with if you never meet your primary twin flame again.

-They heavily feel like a large part of you or even your other half just like a primary twin flame does. This can and does cause problems especially when you meet them before meeting your actual twin flame. You go through a pre-purging though again nowhere near as intense as with your primary twin flame. You usually meet your actual twin flame during the separation period with your near twin flame.

-Overall they will be supportive like a soulmate but carry the energy of a twin flame. This means you may love each other unconditionally and want only the best for each other and tend to show that harmoniously on the outside, especially during the initial stages, but on the inside and as time goes on you will start to feel the intense push and pull inside yourself. If you meet them after meeting your primary twin flame then things will be much calmer and more peaceful.

-The main difference between a near twin flame and a primary twin flame is that with a near twin flame you will go through the stages more smoothly and be able to handle it better and more consciously, whilst a primary twin flame will tend to drag you about all over the place with no chance to catch your breath and you will act mostly on unconscious instinct.

Karmic

-The last connection to discuss is the karmic soul connection. Most people on earth will fall in love with a karmic connection and at the beginning the relationship will be characterised by a sense of infatuation. There is usually nothing energetic about this and the attraction tends to be more physical or emotional, rather than spiritual. Over time you can feel this to be a type of 'emptiness', as if there is nothing much holding you together. This is because there is no strong pull on the soul level or any energetic cords linking your hearts together.

-Karmic relations are based on karma, e.g. if you meet a stranger one day on the street and are nice to them, they will in some future life likely be nice to you too. This tends to create an interaction loop, in that your connection is one of cause and effect. These shared actions between each other can either be pleasant or unpleasant. The pleasant ones are rarer but do happen and tend to be an easy interaction where you give and take love equally.

-A negative karmic connection is more common however and tends to happen for the sake of resolving something negative between you both. Once the infatuation passes you will find not much interests you about the person anymore and in fact you just can't think of anything good about them at all. Unfortunately a lot of people tend to stay in this type of dynamic for a long time but once the negative energy has been resolved they will leave and find something better.

-This stage of resolving negative karma can mimic a twin flame connection in that you become irritated in everything they do, but with a karmic connection you are not dragged in front of a mirror to take a good look at yourself and deal with your issues. Instead you tend to just experience a lot of confusion until it's over and then glad it's all done and dusted.

-Karmic relationships also tend to be short and don't last very long unless they are for the sake of resolving particularly unpleasant karma between you both or unless you are experiencing one of the rarer pleasant karmic bonds. Twin flame, near twin flame, or soulmate connections however often go on for years and will experience one or more recurring separations and reunions.

Last edited by Estelwen : 22-04-2015 at 03:52 PM.
Old 22-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Experiencer
Loved this piece Scarlett, I think that your interpretations are spot on. I think a little bit need to be said more on the energetic pulls/ties/chords that are shared between twins and soul mates.

Based on your descriptions I met my twin and the a near twin/soul mate 18 months after, and only felt a heart energy pull with him when we broke up, for the first time, when we hugged goodbye. I get some syncs about him, like seeing his name everywhere and at first it was intense but it wore off quickly. With my twin I see his name still everywhere and there are many bizarre things that surround us. And many strange incidents and with him I still feel intense energy but I've made a conscious effort to block out the syncs around him and they only effect me now when I least expect them. But when I saw him for the first time in months the energy was still like nothing I'd ever felt. I always feel he feels something too because I try to move far away from him and then I look and he's moved closer. Like he'll be outside all night, in different circles, and as soon as I go in, he'll come in. He has the same awestruck dumb look on his face I do when I'm walking about looking for somewhere to sit :L Whereas I've picked up a few traits off my near twin, I feel like he was my near twin, but I met him after...while in separation from real twin and I believed we could've settled and spent lour life together. That's so weird(!).
Old 22-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Administrator
Hello

This was very well put together and it flows with many of the same ideas I share on the topic.

Lynn
Old 22-04-2015, 04:14 PM
Experiencer
Beautiful. Thanks Scarlette
Old 22-04-2015, 10:31 PM
Ascender
Where is the 'Like' button??

Yup. I like how generic this is. It doesn't involve philosophical differences or the varying ideas behind the connections. It's just the connections themselves. Very nice and will probably result in less confusion around here, lol.

I've had all of these. Not saying that to brag! I'm saying it because whew, I'm exhausted lol.

My Twin, however, has encompassed them all. I would add that your Twin is of the same essence as you, as an expression of the same Source energy. But that is of course, my view. :) As you said in your disclaimer, people can take away what resonates with them. I'd add some things to the others listed as well as these things are so highly variable, per individual, but this is a wonderful piece to see in here. I think it will be a great starting point for people. :)

Very much enjoyed, Scarlett!! :) ♥

2. We've got no future we've got no past
Here today built to last
In every city and every nation
From Lake Geneva to the Finland station

https://youtu.be/p3j2NYZ8FKs

3. https://youtu.be/svWINSRhQU0
Old 23-04-2015, 02:15 AM
Master
I guess the SM thing fits us, both then (both of us incarnated) and now (one of us in spirit).

I guess.

The issue is just how peaceful and free-flowing things were/are, and how we were (are) on the exact. same. wavelength. all the time. In one song about me she sang about how "the sadness disappears" any time I am near her, and that was the case for me as well (again both then in 3D, and then via Her bird gifts later).

There was never any of the pain, or angst, that people talk about here (well, there was years ago, but that was on a personal, not interpersonal, level, and for me at least was due to wounds suffered at the hands of others). But it seems much more intimate, on a Source level, than a "mere" SM pair. So we would be twins, except for the utter lack of dark nights of the soul and such.

~~~~~~~~~~

Keep in mind we met as kids.

So........

What would happen if a TF pair met and connected purely on an Inner Child level, thus bypassing all of the adult angst (as in from all of the "wrong" lessons that the adult world has typically "taught" you), going instead straight to the Source, unselfconsciously, joyously, superconducting style? Met as kids, and connected in that specific idiom, thus establishing it as the norm for us, even after she Crossed Over? Some here told me that children are closer to this "Source"...maybe that is the secret to making this SC stuff all work, just become two silly kids laughing at everything and each other, without nary a care in the entire world...

I've been told by many people, some of them dates, that I have a "boyish charm" about me, and the way I live my life indeed fits-easily moved to tears or amazement by some natural wonder. Can be by turns silly, adventurous, or laid-back, as the need naturally arises. I am never, repeat never, "hit on" by the females in the so-called "player" crowd. even tho I've been called handsome and yes charming and look 10-15 years younger than I am (52) and am in good shape. The only females who ever seem attracted to me are my grade school students, one of which has a huge crush on me right now (in her shy/introverted idiom).

Any possibility of any of that being close to the mark? Inner Child Twins?
O My My My Beautiful Friend
Old 23-04-2015, 03:02 AM
Deactivated Account

Thanks for posting - No doubt, I'm experiencing the TF connection. The bliss stage, the hellish stage - yep. He is me and I'm him. Did a meditation today and I actually saw myself transform into him. In the reflection of a mirror. Our story is like Apollo and Daphne - worshipping the laurel tree.
Old 23-04-2015, 04:51 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elessar
I guess the SM thing fits us, both then (both of us incarnated) and now (one of us in spirit).

I guess.

The issue is just how peaceful and free-flowing things were/are, and how we were (are) on the exact. same. wavelength. all the time. In one song about me she sang about how "the sadness disappears" any time I am near her, and that was the case for me as well (again both then in 3D, and then via Her bird gifts later).

There was never any of the pain, or angst, that people talk about here (well, there was years ago, but that was on a personal, not interpersonal, level, and for me at least was due to wounds suffered at the hands of others). But it seems much more intimate, on a Source level, than a "mere" SM pair. So we would be twins, except for the utter lack of dark nights of the soul and such.

~~~~~~~~~~

Keep in mind we met as kids.

So........

What would happen if a TF pair met and connected purely on an Inner Child level, thus bypassing all of the adult angst (as in from all of the "wrong" lessons that the adult world has typically "taught" you), going instead straight to the Source, unselfconsciously, joyously, superconducting style? Met as kids, and connected in that specific idiom, thus establishing it as the norm for us, even after she Crossed Over? Some here told me that children are closer to this "Source"...maybe that is the secret to making this SC stuff all work, just become two silly kids laughing at everything and each other, without nary a care in the entire world...

I've been told by many people, some of them dates, that I have a "boyish charm" about me, and the way I live my life indeed fits-easily moved to tears or amazement by some natural wonder. Can be by turns silly, adventurous, or laid-back, as the need naturally arises. I am never, repeat never, "hit on" by the females in the so-called "player" crowd. even tho I've been called handsome and yes charming and look 10-15 years younger than I am (52) and am in good shape. The only females who ever seem attracted to me are my grade school students, one of which has a huge crush on me right now (in her shy/introverted idiom).

Any possibility of any of that being close to the mark? Inner Child Twins?

Each is unique. I experienced a lot of the issues before I met my twin, his troubles were catalyzed by our meeting I think. And that is consistent with my being a contrary soul. Basically there is a backward componant to my experience in life.

Not to say I assume no trouble will come down the line but I had a year of intense "dark night of the soul" stuff which culminated in our meeting. If you have been knowing one another since childhood it would follow that you wouldn't have the trouble TF's experience as that trouble is in direct relation to accepting the reality of a connection the ego violates. Kids are way more accepting egoicly, they haven't formulated a strong sense of self that rails against another "self"

Very lucky :)
Old 23-04-2015, 04:14 PM
rachaeld

This is a very well thought out explanation and I always enjoy hearing ScarlettHayden's wise perspectives. But yet, I find myself limited and confused by these definitions. I see alot online about what a TF is versus a soulmate vs. other connections. There are many people who say that if the relationship doesn't have this or that aspect, then it DEFINITELY is not a TF or that it ONLY is this kind of relationship because of x,y,z. But, isn't anything possible? Are we imposing a human lens in looking at these relationships that needs to define and categorize and analyze? If a relationship has characteristics of all of these definitions, then what? Does everyone that has a TF connection absolutely know for sure it is that?

I have had a relationship where I've experienced some of the traits of a TF relationship but not all. But boy, does it sound like a TF relationship based on how you all describe how these connections transform your soul, cause the "dark night of the soul"....the past few years have been rough for me and I've undergone dramatic clearing and transformation.

I've always been hesitant to describe this relationship as a TF connection but recently my guides gave me a message which seemed to imply it was. I was shocked. I asked for very, very obvious signs confirming this if that was the case and I saw them. But I struggle with how to define it.

Thoughts or guidance anyone?
Old 23-04-2015, 04:26 PM
Master
I love the comments so far and it really affirms the main message that everything is unique to each individual and parties involved. Everything is potentially possible and there are no rights and wrongs, the purpose of this thread was mostly to give newbies something to refer to when they wonder what type of connection they are experiencing. In the beginning understanding is highly important and necessary for the rest of the journey to come, even if later on we shed our boxes and rights and wrongs of what something should look like or be, there are many variations in such an infinite universe and as such we can only generalise what happens to the majority, not necessarily what other potentials some experience.

So it is really a case of reading the explanations and then going with what is on your own heart based on what your soul and guides are saying to you. Matching all the traits is not important but moreover the feel that you get from reading each one and whether that matches the experiences you yourself have been or are going through.

As others have said no philosophy or theory was introduced to this, only the main symptoms that one *can* go through when they meet one of these four type of soul-connections.