Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 21-12-2010, 02:14 AM
Newbie ;)

unexplained knocking on window

Just found this site tonight, as I was searching for some possible explanations to a weird thing been happening tonight.
I was alone in the house earlier this evening with my 10 yr old step daughter and my 17 year old son. SD was in front room and I was in the dining room which is adjacent. Son was upstairs in his room.
Suddenly there was a really loud knocking on front room window. Although we call it the front room it's actually at the back of the house and outside is the back garden which has high fencing and a double locked gate. We also currently have a few inches of snow out there and when I checked outside there were no footprints.

Anyway the noise was exactly the same as someone knocking on a window like you would a door and was about 5-6 knocks. My SD came straight out to me looking petrified and nearly in tears saying someone was in back garden. I had heard it too and it was still loud in the dining room which is the front of house. I went up to ask if Son had made the noise but he also heard it and thought it was one of us. We both played it down to SD as she is only young and said it was probably someone throwing snowballs at window. I didn't tell her that there were no signs of this at all.

Well about 2 hours later I was thinking I might have troubles getting her to go up to bed, as she was still scared so I suggested the 3 of us sit in front room and play a game together. During game it happened again. Just 2 knocks this time and slightly more muffled sounding. All 3 of us were in sight of each other and all looked up at same time.

Eventually SD fell asleep up in bed and Son and I were downstairs. By now about 12.30am. He was in front room and I was in hall on pc. He suddenly shouts out 'what the bloody hell was that' and I thought he was joking but I saw a serious scared 17 year old. He described someone grabbing his foot as he lay on the sofa and at the same time the cat jumping on the other sofa. Ok he could have been messing but the look on his face told me otherwise.

Then bout half hour later, again my in hall and him still in front room and about 1am there were 5 consecutive loud clear knocks, evenly space again on front room window! I flew to front room door and no way was my Son who was other side of room with laptop on lap still looking very scared by now. We have stayed up another hour as both of us have actually been too scared to go up. His bedroom is on the same wall as the front room. He is 17 but I have not seen him this scared since he was about 5.

Going to go up myself in a minute and praying it doesn't happen again.

I did venture out into garden and checked for anything loose that may have caused noise but nothing and snow undisturbed by window. I also checked out the window each time in case there was someone there. It was a clear knocking not a tapping sound and the gate is still double locked at top and bottom. No-one could get over fences without making a racket either.

This is my first post on here and I do apologise if in wrong place but was hoping to hear from others that may have experienced the same or from someone that may be able to shed some light on it.
Old 21-12-2010, 02:32 AM
Master
well first off welcome to the forum, you're in the right spot to find any answers.

I have this happen from time to time, i'll hear knocking at the front door, go to look and no one there. i have also had it happen on the kitchen door that leads to the garage which means someone has to come in our gate and in the garage but i never find any one. maybe someone's trying to get your attention?

There are two days in the week on which the Angels encourage us to never
worry;
One is yesterday and the other is tomorrow
Old 27-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Newbie ;)

Knocking is an interesting phenomena.
I have a set of questions for you that could help.

How long have you lived in this home?

Has anything similar to this happened before?

How old is the home/who originally lived there?
Old 27-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Newbie ;)

This knocking happens to me every so often; usually loud frantic knocking on the wall behind my bed or on the bedside table. This is an upstairs outside wall, so nothing could be there. It happened oftn in our old house, which I always felt was haunted anyway, but then we moved to a newly built house, which felt like a clear space, but the knocking still happens from time to time.
I wish I knew what it was. It is a bit unnerving, but not terrifying.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Newbie ;)

I have just moved house and I am hearing knockings on my windows ( other members of my family hear it too ) definite knockings which cause me to look outside