Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 12:55 PM
Experiencer

welp it seems the universe is really trying to get my attention.

i suspect i have ADHD and the side effects of that are really starting to pile up on me and blow up in my face. in particular procrastination. also i lost my last job due to it during a slow period.(i was one of the best workers when it was busy but when it was slow i was disinterested) i've suspected this for a time but was afraid to do anything about it because the idea of taking mind altering drugs frightens me. i dont want my personality to change. but i feel like some force is now trying to force my hand by threatening to take everything away from me. i did notice it before but due to the possibility of medicine induced change didnt do anything about it.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:26 PM
Weashby11

Hi Zoeila, I have experience with anti-depressants but I'm not sure what is prescribed for ADHD. I hope someone can share their experience with you and maybe shed some light on what to expect. The meds I was on helped me with my job because they turned me into a mindless worker bee, lol. Then when I went off them I stopped cold turkey (which is not recommended) and it felt like I was fighting a head cold for a few months. I am starting a new job in Feb. and I'm pretty sure I will have to take something again just to get through training. If you do decide to take meds just be patient with yourself because it can be trial and error, different brands and different doses, before you find what's right for you. Take care
Old 05-11-2014, 01:29 PM
ColorfulLeaf

Dear Zoelia, medical drugs are not so bad.
Do not overthink.

A man needs to take the steps which are destened to him. Man should not be worry. Everything will fall into place
Everything happens for a reason.

Blessings.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Experiencer
I have had the exact same happen to me in 2008, that was in fact what prompted me to go and figure out what it was. My version is the non hyperactive variant BTW.

For "real" (that is, properly diagnosed) ADHD the drug of choice would be stimulant medication like Adderall or Ritalin. These are dopamine reuptake inhibitors.
Antidepressants works very differently as those are often serotonin reuptake inhibitors (but many variations exist)

I made my own personal choice not to use medication. At first this was an intuitive choice but now that I have gotten this far on the spiritual path I will definitely not take any chances whatsoever with my brain chemistry.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:21 PM
Master
I take Wellbutrin XL for my ADD. It's a non-stimulant and non-addictive. It doesn't change my personality. It just helps me focus. I have struggled with ADD since I was a child. I was finally diagnosed this year.

There's also a book by Dr. Daniel Amen you may want to read called "Healing ADD." Meditation has been proven to help people with ADHD as well.

Old 05-11-2014, 03:40 PM
Knower
ADHD is mostly just made up by drug companies and there is no real diagnosis or condition. Usually, kids who are smart enough to know that what they teach in school is rubbish get so bored with it all they just stop being interested and are labelled trouble makers because they don't swallow the teacher's programming.

So, they put them on drugs and bingo - loads of money for the drug company and a mindless zombie kid who conforms better and can no longer help raise the vibration of the planet.

Forget drugs, you simply need to have confidence in yourself and know that you are right and 99.99% of society have been brainwashed.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:58 PM
MGazonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thDimension
ADHD is mostly just made up by drug companies and there is no real diagnosis or condition. Usually, kids who are smart enough to know that what they teach in school is rubbish get so bored with it all they just stop being interested and are labelled trouble makers because they don't swallow the teacher's programming.

So, they put them on drugs and bingo - loads of money for the drug company and a mindless zombie kid who conforms better and can no longer help raise the vibration of the planet.

Forget drugs, you simply need to have confidence in yourself and know that you are right and 99.99% of society have been brainwashed.

Citation needed.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Experiencer

you can say it's rubbish but i've caught myself in the past couple of days procrastinating because i'm supposed to do something but something more interesting distracts me. also sometimes i seek attention from people because i crave stimulation wich is something that i know upsets my TF because she cant supply that much.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:42 PM
OneFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeila
you can say it's rubbish but i've caught myself in the past couple of days procrastinating because i'm supposed to do something but something more interesting distracts me. also sometimes i seek attention from people because i crave stimulation wich is something that i know upsets my TF because she cant supply that much.

That's fairly normal for most people I would've thought.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:47 PM
Master
Go to the doctor's, and they will read off a checklist of questions, which will determine if you have it or not. You may have ADHD or you may have anxiety, which is making it hard for you to focus. It's not a big deal.