Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 04-12-2010, 07:03 AM
Master
Bridging Christianity with Wicca?

Is it possible for humanity to bridge christianity with Wicca? The same way the great Indian masters Yogananda and Sri Yukteswar bridged Hinduism with Christianity? Or at least Catholicism with Hinduism?

I know a lot of witches. My girlfriend is a closet case . Anyways. Is there a way to make these two religions?

I came upon the Goddess birthing the God and I could not help but immediately think of a great anthropmorphic way of seeing the Divine Mother, also known as AUM or the Holy Ghost eternally birthing the Son: The Christ Consciousness within the hearts of souls. I could see in the religion the Divine Feminine as Holy Ghost and Divine Masculine as The Son of God.

Another interesting note is that Wicca has three aspects of the Mother Goddess. These aspects are The Maiden, Mother, and Crone are the three aspects of the Divine Mother in Hinduism!!!!! Which means Divine Mother/Mother Goddess comes as Brahma (creator), Vishnu (preserver), and Shiva (destroyer) and the more modern version is Om- Sat-Tat. I know they say Brahma and Vishnu are masculine but a more modern version sees them completely feminine as one in the AUM. And they are three for the Mother dwells as "Mother Nature" or Mother Earth and the Earth is "THREE DIMENSIONAL!" Thus making the experience in the Earth for the soul (because the soul is actually feminine when becoming one with God as masculine to symbolize a wedding), as maiden, mother, and crone. These are also the three stages of life itself and the three stages of creation/manifestation.

If Christianity could just see the similarities and comparisons!! Seeing the Macrocosm of Mother Goddess (Holy Ghost) birthing the God (Christ-Consciousness) and the microcosm of Virgin Mary birthing Jesus Christ you could easily bridge the two beliefs and even make them part of your daily life.

I prefer (as a raised Catholic) to call the Holy Ghost in the Godhead as Mother Goddess. Paramahansa Yogananda went as far to say Divine Mother but I prefer an even further or liberal view as Mother Goddess or Mother Earth. It makes Her role distinct and as the most active Doer in the Godhead. For She births, sustains, and destroys life.

I hope nobody is offended by this post, I am trying to bridge Paganism with Catholicism (not that it isn't already, I mean the Winter Solstice is coming soon...eehheemm I mean oops sorry the Pope will burn me at the stake if I say that, I mean...Christmas. There we go )
Old 04-12-2010, 08:32 AM
pre-dawn

There are similar question about Reiki and Christianity in the Reiki forum.
My answer to your question would the same as what I said there, just replace Reiki with Wicca.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Master
Why would you want to ? Britain has been a pagan country for millenia and still is today. Christianity is a very thin skin on the top. Even in it's early days, christianity was only supported by the nobility, while the ordinary folk remained pagan. Last National Census figures I saw has 6% of the population as regular church goers and that percentage is still falling - hardly the sign of a devote christian country is it ?

Unless, of course, you are talking about Christ's moral code and philosophy which is in accord with wicca in the essentials.
However, if you are referring to the Institution of Christianity, the organisation, that is an entirely different story.
Christianity has very little to do with Christ.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Master
Good luck to you Amilius777 - going by comments on the Aeclectic Tarot Forum, I think a lot of wiccans are very anti-Christian. I guess being burned alive is kind of hard to forgive and forget.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:01 PM
HipDavid

Take a look at the simularitites between Jesus and Merlin.
The British have held a more important role in Christianity than Norseman might think.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:40 PM
HipDavid

Norseman, hmmmm. 1086
Old 04-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipDavid
Take a look at the simularitites between Jesus and Merlin.
The British have held a more important role in Christianity than Norseman might think.

Similarities between Jesus and Merlin ? - what might they be, apart from the issue of real or fictional ?

"
Norseman, hmmmm. 1086" ???

Old 04-12-2010, 08:37 PM
OceanWaves19161

I definately combine the two. After having experienced different lifetimes as both a witch a nun I can see the importance for me in embracing both. That means I spend alot of time in prayer talking to God but also that I spend alot of time outside connecting to goddesses and nature. In the end the higher aspects of both religions come together quite smoothly.

Alana
Old 21-01-2011, 11:14 PM
davepitch

Ive been questioning issues around this question its why Ive joined this forum. Dave
Old 22-01-2011, 07:15 AM
Mothwing

I don't really understand people who call themselves Christian Witches, but I'm all for doing what you feel is right and best for your personal spiritual journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Good luck to you Amilius777 - going by comments on the Aeclectic Tarot Forum, I think a lot of wiccans are very anti-Christian. I guess being burned alive is kind of hard to forgive and forget.

Yeah, I see a lot of that, too. And I admit I used to be very anti-Christian when I first came out of it. But now I see it's more the institution and often closed-mindedness I dislike rather than its principles or Christ himself. I've since met several spiritual Christians that, while they don't condone my beliefs, they do see that there is nothing evil in them. I think that's part of the reason why people have started noting a difference between being "spiritual" and being "religious."