Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Master
Lightbulb

A most awesome response, Ishtar!

What The Back Seat had to say, I've found to be true, too.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:48 AM
seo_aoteayoga

Yoga has been known to have many benefits. Weight loss is one of them. Try different yoga poses on daily basis and you will definitely loose the weight.
Old 24-01-2015, 02:21 AM
Suzanne

Hi there,

I haven't quite read all the responses, but I did read all of your original post. And I all I can say is that I know EXACTLY how you feel. I am the same height and weight that you are, I exercise ALL THE TIME and my body refuses to loose weight. It's excruciating to be doing everything right but still see no results. Being single only adds to the pain. I think you posted a while back. How are you doing now? If you want a buddy with similar issues as you are having let me know. I would also greatly love it if you share any insights you may have.

Best of luck to you. :-)
Old 24-01-2015, 03:02 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
This has been going on for years. I can't lose weight. ...
Please help. Is there something I am doing wrong? ...
All is a matter of calories:
3,500 calories equal 1 pound of fat

To lose 1 lb of fat you have to intake 3,500 calories less than you burn. If you do it in one week you lose 1 lb in one week, if you do it in one month you lose it in one month. It is that simple!

I did it: in 13 months I went from 195 lb down to 165 lb, my blood pressure and cholesterol got back to normal, and I went off medicines to control them. I did it 12 years ago, and from that time I kept my normal weight.

Gimmicks don't work or don't last.

You have to get in the habit of counting and keeping track of all the calories of everything you eat and drink, and weigh yourself everyday to have a feedback. If you see that eating 1,400 calories a day you lose 2lb / week it means that your equilibrium intake is 2,400 calories / day. This is mine.

The simplicity of the method is that weighing yourself daily you have immediate feedback for how accurate your calorie counting is. Surely, if you eat saltier you'll hold water, and pounds, but that's not fat.

You should also learn about eating and living healthy, because you can drop the pounds eating 1,400 calories of sugar only, or a balanced diet, and you'll lose weight with exactly same speed, but you'll lose health too eating sugar.

And the good news: you have to intake less calories (e.g. 1,400, or, 1,800, or whatever you decide) only while you're sliming, after that you can go back to your equilibrium (e.g. 2,400, in my case, maybe 2,000 in yours; men more than women, older less than youth; active more than sedentary) and you'll maintain weight.

I remember after 13 months of 1,400 calories / day having to find out what to eat more to stop losing weight.

It really works. Good luck!
Old 24-01-2015, 03:10 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san

To lose 1 lb of fat you have to intake 3,500 calories less than you burn. If you do it in one week you lose 1 lb in one week, if you do it in one month you lose it in one month. It is that simple! ...
I used and still use Jorge Cruise's book: "8 Minutes in the Morning". You can get it easily on the internet.

John Walker (fourmilab.ch) and his free online book "The Hacker's Diet" were great sources of inspiration for me. From him I got the idea of treating the weight loss as an engineering problem.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Old 24-01-2015, 03:13 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:

To lose 1 lb of fat you have to intake 3,500 calories less than you burn. If you do it in one week you lose 1 lb in one week, if you do it in one month you lose it in one month. It is that simple! ...
This is a cut and paste from an email I sent in February 2003:
Quote:
Daily 2+ quarts of water;
usually more like 2.5 quarts
at room temp, no ice
it doesn't include other liquids

Morning anaerobic workout (daily):
following Jorge Cruise's book
warming up; two workouts; stretches
20-25 minutes

Breakfast (1 g Flaxseed oil, one capsule Turmeric, one capsule L-carnitine, one capsule Acetyl-carnitine, one capsule Folic acid):
one serving soy protein shake (no sugar, no cholesterol, low fat, high protein content)
one whole wheat slice (low sugar, low fat, low sodium)

One cup instant coffee:
2 leveled teaspoons, one teaspoon tip of equal (or half Stevia pill)

Lunch (1 g Flaxseed oil, one capsule Turmeric, one capsule L-carnitine)
one serving soy protein shake (no sugar, no cholesterol, low fat, high protein content)
two whole wheat slices (low sugar, low fat, low sodium)

1-2 decaffeinated tea 8 oz cups (no sweetener)
ginger or lemon ginger or green tea (all decaffeinated and unsweetened)

Dinner (1 g Flaxseed oil, one capsule Turmeric, one capsule L-carnitine, 1 capsule Chromium, 1 capsule Garlic):
a big salad (~4 cups)
a small side dish (200-300 calories): 2% cottage cheese or feta cheese or smoked salmon or fish; maybe 1-2 spoons of beans directly from the can

Evening aerobic walking (daily):
30-35 minutes (fast enough to barely hold a conversation)

During the evening:
2-3 celery sticks
half red bell pepper
half serving soy protein shake (no sugar, no cholesterol, low fat, high protein content)
1/2 cup All Bran Extra Fiber cereal (as is) - for fiber
1/2 cup Uncle Sam cereal (as is) - for flaxseed oil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remarks:

expect to lose, on average, 2+ lb per week
1100 - 1400 calories daily
avoid sugar and white flour, recommend whole grains and fiber (at least 20 g a day)
avoid saturated fats, recommend flaxseed and olive oil (in moderation)
avoid animal (beef, pork, chicken) proteins, recommend protein shakes with no sugar, no cholesterol, low fat, high protein content; fish, cheese (2%) in moderation
cereal should have no / low sugar, cholesterol, salt and contain high fiber, flaxseed oil; no milk added
fruits: no more than one cup (or equivalent) every couple of days; avoid the sweeter fruits (banana, cantaloupe, etc.)
eggs, maybe one a week
minimize sodium (salt) intake
anaerobic workout (dumbbells and muscle group exercises) is better in the morning: raises the metabolic rate for the whole day
aerobic walking: fast enough to barely hold a conversation, doesn't help to be faster than this
weigh yourself daily and record it; there'll be occasional plateaus, variations due to the variable water elimination, diet exceptions, etc.
diet exceptions happen, but the overall calorie intake and general guidelines should be observed
2+ quarts of water drinking is very important
Old 24-01-2015, 03:21 AM
Suzanne

Quote:

Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree. There are many factors that affect a person's ability to lose weight including: hormones, adrenal/thyroid function, stress levels, metabolism, etc. These are some of the big ones but there are others.
Old 24-01-2015, 03:44 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne
Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree. There are many factors that affect a person's ability to lose weight including: hormones, adrenal/thyroid function, stress levels, metabolism, etc. These are some of the big ones but there are others.
I typed and deleted several replies to your post. I don't know how can I reply being respectful.

The factors you mention influence your metabolism and equilibrium point, but: always, if you intake 3,500 calories less than you burn you'll lose 1 lb of fat. I did it. Others did it. Look it up for your own good!
Old 26-01-2015, 12:51 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

After a few tries, I established a (1,400 calorie) diet and an (8 Min In the Morning) exercise program at end of March 2002, that I kept until April 2003. Then I kept the exercise part and increased the calorie intake to 2,400 daily.

Attachment 1784

Last edited by baro-san : 06-09-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Old 26-01-2015, 12:54 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Picture taken around December 2002.

Attachment 1785
Closed Thread