Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 10-06-2014, 04:36 AM
LolitaWolfe

Red face Possible negative spirit attacking when I meditate?

This is kind of a long explanation, so bear with me please!

Ever since I first started meditating I began to notice more spiritual activity happening around me, which I've read is very normal and wasn't too concerned about it. However, just recently things have been happening whenever I reach a certain point in my meditation. About an hour into it (when I start to really relax and get into a deep meditative state) something always happens to break my concentration and I find it difficult to get back into things.

The types of things that happen are simple; a picture frame falling from the wall, a light bulb goes out (happened once, with a very loud *pop*), or just a general feeling of being so panicked that I have an anxiety attack and need a walk to calm down.

Last night was the weirdest moment for me though. I was sitting on my porch, meditating, at around 2 in the morning while listening to classical music and I was getting very into it. I had a beautiful moment when the music got intense and felt a feeling of overwhelming love so strong that I began to cry (of happiness).

When the song ended the wind started blowing and my candles blew out the same second my song ended and a wave of cold came over me along with feeling like I was being watched, which abruptly ended my session. I went inside and cleared my labradorite gages (my ears are stretched) of negative energies, something I do weekly, and went to sleep.

I wear labradorite because it is supposed to strengthen the aura and help with many other things, as well as offer some protection from negative entities. The morning after all of this happened my gages were gone, as in I woke up, felt my ears and immediately noticed they were missing. I searched my entire home and there is nowhere for them to be that I haven't already checked.

I believe there is a spirit that is attached to me and doesn't want me going down this path.. Any time I do something good for myself or I start making progress I get really anxious and fearful or something happens to interrupt me (or takes my labradorite gages in the middle of the night?). Is there any way I can get rid of this thing safely? I would really like to rid myself of this fear I'm feeling..
Old 10-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Bodhi_Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolitaWolfe
This is kind of a long explanation, so bear with me please!

Ever since I first started meditating I began to notice more spiritual activity happening around me, which I've read is very normal and wasn't too concerned about it. However, just recently things have been happening whenever I reach a certain point in my meditation. About an hour into it (when I start to really relax and get into a deep meditative state) something always happens to break my concentration and I find it difficult to get back into things.

The types of things that happen are simple; a picture frame falling from the wall, a light bulb goes out (happened once, with a very loud *pop*), or just a general feeling of being so panicked that I have an anxiety attack and need a walk to calm down.

Last night was the weirdest moment for me though. I was sitting on my porch, meditating, at around 2 in the morning while listening to classical music and I was getting very into it. I had a beautiful moment when the music got intense and felt a feeling of overwhelming love so strong that I began to cry (of happiness).

When the song ended the wind started blowing and my candles blew out the same second my song ended and a wave of cold came over me along with feeling like I was being watched, which abruptly ended my session. I went inside and cleared my labradorite gages (my ears are stretched) of negative energies, something I do weekly, and went to sleep.

I wear labradorite because it is supposed to strengthen the aura and help with many other things, as well as offer some protection from negative entities. The morning after all of this happened my gages were gone, as in I woke up, felt my ears and immediately noticed they were missing. I searched my entire home and there is nowhere for them to be that I haven't already checked.

I believe there is a spirit that is attached to me and doesn't want me going down this path.. Any time I do something good for myself or I start making progress I get really anxious and fearful or something happens to interrupt me (or takes my labradorite gages in the middle of the night?). Is there any way I can get rid of this thing safely? I would really like to rid myself of this fear I'm feeling..

Well there are a few things that come to mind. First of all stop meditating at 2:00 am. Meditating at night and getting into a deep theta state may attract all sorts of attention to you. Night time is when the spirit world is a little more active, try meditating any time during the day. You also mentioned wearing labradorite. Did you know labradorite opens your psychic senses and makes a person more sensitive to other dimensions? If you're not looking to be bothered by the spirit world I'd say losing those pieces was a good thing. Maybe try a stone like black tourmaline or tourmalinated quartz instead.

The type of meditation you do will also have an affect of the type of experiences you have. If you're fairly new to meditation and have never had instruction on proper meditation techniques try something a little safer like a Buddhist breath meditation or metta meditation. Practicing metta meditation on a regular basis will actually keep negativity away, that includes negative entities.

Spirit attachments are actually a pretty common thing. There are many reason why a spirit will attach but one reason is what shamans call soul loss. So if you really did have a spirit attached to you a good shaman with many years of experience would be the one to talk to. To me it sounds like you likely attracted the attention of a spirit or entity because of entering the theta state. The theta state is the state that communication with the spirit world happens.

As far as the fear well, fear is a natural reaction to that which we do not understand. It's healthy to have a little bit of fear. The fact of the matter is that there are spirits good and bad around us all of the time. It's just that most people do not connect with that area of their consciousness. When we meditate many times that area in a persons consciousness will open up and we become more aware of whats around us. The spirit world has always been around us and it always will be. I do understand that fear as I've experienced it myself many times, but it's really nothing to be afraid of. Set clear boundaries and know that you are a spirit too. The only difference is that you are wearing a meat suit at the moment. If you don't want something there tell it to leave from a place of love and inner strength, not from a place of fear. We are all more powerful than we realize.

I'd also recommend that you ground yourself and surround yourself with a bubble of white light before you start a meditation. Set your intention that nothing will influence or affect you unless it is truly positive, loving, and of the light. May I ask what type of meditations you were practicing when these things started happening?

Last edited by Bodhi_Spirit : 10-06-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:42 PM
LolitaWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhi_Spirit
Well there are a few things that come to mind. First of all stop meditating at 2:00 am. Meditating at night and getting into a deep theta state may attract all sorts of attention to you. Night time is when the spirit world is a little more active, try meditating any time during the day. You also mentioned wearing labradorite. Did you know labradorite opens your psychic senses and makes a person more sensitive to other dimensions? If you're not looking to be bothered by the spirit world I'd say losing those pieces was a good thing. Maybe try a stone like black tourmaline or tourmalinated quartz instead.

The type of meditation you do will also have an affect of the type of experiences you have. If you're fairly new to meditation and have never had instruction on proper meditation techniques try something a little safer like a Buddhist breath meditation or metta meditation. Practicing metta meditation on a regular basis will actually keep negativity away, that includes negative entities.

Spirit attachments are actually a pretty common thing. There are many reason why a spirit will attach but one reason is what shamans call soul loss. So if you really did have a spirit attached to you a good shaman with many years of experience would be the one to talk to. To me it sounds like you likely attracted the attention of a spirit or entity because of entering the theta state. The theta state is the state that communication with the spirit world happens.

As far as the fear well, fear is a natural reaction to that which we do not understand. It's healthy to have a little bit of fear. The fact of the matter is that there are spirits good and bad around us all of the time. It's just that most people do not connect with that area of their consciousness. When we meditate many times that area in a persons consciousness will open up and we become more aware of whats around us. The spirit world has always been around us and it always will be. I do understand that fear as I've experienced it myself many times, but it's really nothing to be afraid of. Set clear boundaries and know that you are a spirit too. The only difference is that you are wearing a meat suit at the moment. If you don't want something there tell it to leave from a place of love and inner strength, not from a place of fear. We are all more powerful than we realize.

I'd also recommend that you ground yourself and surround yourself with a bubble of white light before you start a meditation. Set your intention that nothing will influence or affect you unless it is truly positive, loving, and of the light. May I ask what type of meditations you were practicing when these things started happening?

Thank you for the advice :) The reason I meditate so late is because there's too much noise during the day and I enjoy being outside as it relaxes me more. My mom and sister also tend to bother me and don't understand why they can't talk to me while I'm just "sitting there doing nothing", I tried setting boundaries and asking them to leave me alone for a few hours but they sit and question why and usually end up bothering me anyways. There's also the issue of music, I can't seem to relax completely with headphones in and at night I don't have to wear headphones.

I do think you're right about the labradorite, I was thinking instead of black tourmaline I could use smithsonite or cerrusite. They are both stones for new beginnings that can help with anxiety and panic attacks, and since I'm moving out soon I feel like I could benefit from something like that. I also usually carry around a small hematite stone to help keep me grounded.

I never had anyone teach me the 'proper' meditation techniques, all of my meditation has been done at home, by myself, with the internet as help. Before I meditate I imagine myself surrounded by a ball of light filled with love and happiness and positive energies, but it doesn't always seem to work. When these things started to happen my main focus was to try and let go of my fear and replace it with love.. I was working on just relaxing and filling myself with positive light and love. There wasn't any specific chakra I was working on, just my aura as a whole. I'm going to try the metta meditation you suggested and do it early in the morning before anyone else wakes up!

I have no idea where to find an experienced shaman to talk to about the spirit attachment though, it would be super helpful to find one! Unfortunately, there's not anything like that in my area... At least not when I last checked.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Deactivated Account

This sounds like poltergeist activity. Which isn't actually a spirit. It's you. The meditation is bringing your 'shadow' (repressed negative) self to the surface, and it's manifesting as all this stuff around you. I get some of this activity a lot and I'm going through Kundalini. It's a sign of spiritual progress. You might want to cut back on the meditating a bit though. Too much will overwhelm you, which sounds like is exactly what's starting to happen. You don't want a psychotic breakdown.

The fear and anxiety and then the overwhelming love you're experiencing is a huge sign of this being of your own unconscious doing instead of it being from a separate entity. You have to release all these trapped emotions first which means you have to feel them. The anxiety, the fear, ect. Once enough has been cleared out love automatically fills the remaining space. Once that happens it strengthens you and then you go through another phase of fearful activity.. rinse repeat.

Take care. People don't understand the dangers of meditation when you get too deep into it. There comes a point in which meditating is more unpleasant than pleasant and that is what they call the dark night of the soul. Also I should mention that when you're going through these uncomfortable phases you do tend to attract entities which have the same vibration as the stuff you're releasing.. but you usually don't need to worry about them. Pay them no mind. They'll go away as your vibration increases.

So all this sounds like good progress and I encourage you to keep it up. You're definitely a strong person in terms of energy.. you may even have a natural gift for energy work whether you know it or not. But unless you want to end up feeling like death you should probably keep it to two twenty minute sessions a day at most. One in the morning and one in the evening. I know it's hard because meditation sometimes feels so good. But it's better for you this way.

Blessings.

Edit: I noticed someone above wrote something about soul loss and a spirit attachment.. I didn't really read it but the shadow self is a part of our own soul we have disowned and so it gets lost in the lower realms split off as a semi-conscious entity in its own right.. and that's why we tend to see it as a ghost haunting us, and not of ourself (something I have had plenty of experience with). Part of meditation is reconnecting with it again and so in one sense you are attracting a ghost.. but it's your own ghost. And that is why you are experiencing what you are experiencing. You're re-owning that part of yourself. But there's probably too much of it coming up too fast which is probably also attracting other ghosts with the same vibration which just serves to amplify all the freaky stuff around you so.. definitely cut down on the meditating.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:19 AM
LolitaWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
This sounds like poltergeist activity. Which isn't actually a spirit. It's you. The meditation is bringing your 'shadow' (repressed negative) self to the surface, and it's manifesting as all this stuff around you. I get some of this activity a lot and I'm going through Kundalini. It's a sign of spiritual progress. You might want to cut back on the meditating a bit though. Too much will overwhelm you, which sounds like is exactly what's starting to happen. You don't want a psychotic breakdown.

The fear and anxiety and then the overwhelming love you're experiencing is a huge sign of this being of your own unconscious doing instead of it being from a separate entity. You have to release all these trapped emotions first which means you have to feel them. The anxiety, the fear, ect. Once enough has been cleared out love automatically fills the remaining space. Once that happens it strengthens you and then you go through another phase of fearful activity.. rinse repeat.

Take care. People don't understand the dangers of meditation when you get too deep into it. There comes a point in which meditating is more unpleasant than pleasant and that is what they call the dark night of the soul. Also I should mention that when you're going through these uncomfortable phases you do tend to attract entities which have the same vibration as the stuff you're releasing.. but you usually don't need to worry about them. Pay them no mind. They'll go away as your vibration increases.

So all this sounds like good progress and I encourage you to keep it up. You're definitely a strong person in terms of energy.. you may even have a natural gift for energy work whether you know it or not. But unless you want to end up feeling like death you should probably keep it to two twenty minute sessions a day at most. One in the morning and one in the evening. I know it's hard because meditation sometimes feels so good. But it's better for you this way.

Blessings.

Edit: I noticed someone above wrote something about soul loss and a spirit attachment.. I didn't really read it but the shadow self is a part of our own soul we have disowned and so it gets lost in the lower realms split off as a semi-conscious entity in its own right.. and that's why we tend to see it as a ghost haunting us, and not of ourself (something I have had plenty of experience with). Part of meditation is reconnecting with it again and so in one sense you are attracting a ghost.. but it's your own ghost. And that is why you are experiencing what you are experiencing. You're re-owning that part of yourself. But there's probably too much of it coming up too fast which is probably also attracting other ghosts with the same vibration which just serves to amplify all the freaky stuff around you so.. definitely cut down on the meditating.

That sounds about right! Now that you said that I did have a very weird dream that could have been me telling myself it was all in my head.. I was in my room and I felt as though I was being watched, so naturally, I went in search of what was watching me. After some time I eventually found it.. I found myself looking back at me, but the other me had black eyes and looked kind of psychotic.. I immediately woke up after that. Since then I haven't had any dreams (or nightmares I should say) as vivid as that, and it was only a one time thing. It makes a ton of sense for that thing to be from me, and now that I know where it's coming from I'm less fearful!

I don't meditate very often, usually for about an hour every couple of days so I'm not really sure why this stuff is so intense. I am fully aware there is a dark side of meditation, as this side has shown itself to me more than once and it's extremely uncomfortable. But after dealing with the negative things that come up I usually feel much better and it doesn't tend to linger. I'll see if cutting my sessions shorter helps at all.. I should also mention I suffered from very bad anxiety and panic attacks up until just recently, but meditating regularly helps keep it at bay.

Thank you so much for your help :)
Old 11-06-2014, 01:19 AM
Deactivated Account

No worries :)

If it makes you feel any better, I can't meditate at all! I've meditated once in the past two months for only twenty minutes and it threw up so much energy I was puking for the next 24 hours. It's probably happening to you though (as with me) because you made a lot of advancement in previous lives so you're sort of picking up where you left off, so to speak.

The dream you mentioned is very profound. In fact I had a sort of vision almost exactly the same as this when I started getting into meditating, almost a year ago. I used to feel I was being watched too, by the devil. It was very creepy. But as I've integrated I rarely get the feeling anymore. It's just your shadow self watching you, wondering when it can get back in and feel loved and accepted again! :) But it can be destructive too if you let it come up too strongly too fast, because you can't control it all, so that's another reason to cut down on meditating.

The thing is with meditating to calm anxiety.. it's sort of like a double edged sword. It really really does work- In the beginning. But as time goes on meditation brings up more anxiety than it does calm it. This is for the purpose of release. So don't be fooled by the 'calm' illusion. The calm is only making you stronger so you can better deal with the hurricane that's coming your way! Go easy and you'll be fine :) Use discretion in everything.

I'm glad you feel less afraid now though