Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 07-06-2014, 04:52 AM
SaskMick

Spirituality question

How do you know if you are spiritual ?
Old 07-06-2014, 07:33 AM
Greenslade

You come into these forums and ask questions like that. It's as good a start as any, and if you weren't what most call Spiritual you wouldn't be here. The Universe and everything in it is Spiritual.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:51 AM
Master
Everyone is spirit and spiritual (body and soul essence). You cannot not be spiritual, it's a reality and aspect of the human experience. Everyone has metaphysical (spirit) experiences, it's only a matter of how conscious they are of the fact.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Master

I guess people call themselves 'spiritual' to convey and express their set of beliefs, whether they are or not is besides the point. There is no yes you are or no you are not, it's what you feel.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskMick
I find it best to not think about myself as spiritual, because as soon as I do I fall into a paradox.
My understanding is that to be spiritual is to be humble and meek (ego-deflation, where others are more important).
But as soon as I think I am spiritual (ego-inflation, where I become more important) I replace my humility for pride, and my meekness for arrogance.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Guide
Bing Dictionary

spir·it·u·al
[spir-i-choo-uhl] Show IPA
adjective
of, pertaining to, or consisting of spirit; incorporeal.
of or pertaining to the spirit or soul, as distinguished from the physical nature: a spiritual approach to life.
closely akin in interests, attitude, outlook, etc.: the professor's spiritual heir in linguistics.
of or pertaining to spirits or to spiritualists; supernatural or spiritualistic.
characterized by or suggesting predominance of the spirit; ethereal or delicately refined: She is more of a spiritual type than her rowdy brother.

The very definition of the word answers your question. To be a spiritual person one must be willing to believe things that do not have a physical explanation.

Being open minded to things that are not easily explained is the beginning of spirituality, in my opinion.

Great question, makes a person think, which is what these forums are for.

Thanks and Peace and Light,
SC
Old 07-06-2014, 01:45 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 90's > 40's > 20's > Teens > Youngin's > Rapid Cell Regeneration

Quote:
SpiritCarrier}--spir·it·u·al
1.of, pertaining to, or consisting of spirit; incorporeal.

Metaphysical-1 mind/intellect concepts ex spirit-of-intent

Quote:
2.of or pertaining to the spirit or soul, as distinguished from the physical nature: a spiritual approach to life.

Metaphysical-1 mind/intellect
ex spirit-of-intent

Quote:
4.of or pertaining to spirits or to spiritualists; supernatural or spiritualistic.

At best, supernatural, could be assoctated with allededged theoretical universe's outside of/ergo beyond, our finite observed Universe i.e. ideas of universe's that have a differrent set of laws, sort of like differrent states or countries having differrent laws.

.....Bing definition: not of natural world: relating to or attributed to phenomena that cannot be explained by natural laws.....

Quote:
5. characterized by or suggesting predominance of the spirit; ethereal or delicately refined: She is more of a spiritual type than her rowdy brother.

Bing definition: exquisite: very delicate or highly refined....airy: very light, airy, or insubstantial.....heavenly: belonging to the sky or the celestial sphere.

Think gravity( essence ) if gravity has gravitonic quanta, then they are ultra-small as gravity is believed to be the weakest of all forces having the lightest weight( very light weight )

Quote:
The very definition of the word answers your question. To be a spiritual person one must be willing to believe things that do not have a physical explanation.

There are many things humans have a very comprehensive understanding---" physical explanation" --- of today that they did not have 100 or 1000 years ago, ergo not understanding something does not neccessarily place it into all "spiritual" catagories. imho
Quote:
Being open minded to things that are not easily explained is the beginning of spirituality, in my opinion.

"Open minded" is the allowing for consideration of any concept. Next comes common sense, rationally logical conclusions and then perhaps communication with others to verify our conclusions of the concept under consideration.

Spirit-2 = physical/energy as fermionic matters, bosonic forces and any combination thereof.

Bing defintion: 'spir·it life force of person: the vital force that characterizes a human being as being alive'

ergo spirit-2 as stated along with spirit-3 gravity( essence )

'will: will or sense of self'

ergo, metaphyscial-1 mind/intellect and spirit-of-intent

'enthusiasm: enthusiasm and energy'

ergo energy = spirit-2 = physical/energy = fermions, bosons and any combination thereof.

One such combination is called a biological/soul i.e. any biological is a soul. And any biological/soul is composed of many spirits, the collective can refered to as that biological/soul having a spirit--- physical/energy ---.

And in the case of humans greater access to more complex spirit-of-intention and mind/intellect.

Humans have physical/energy and humans are physical/energy.

Humans in their 90's say, that, those youngins in their 40's sure have a lot of energy.

Humans in their 30's say, those youngin's in their teens sure have lot of energy and so on and so on.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman

Last edited by r6r6 : 07-06-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:19 PM
Eudaimonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskMick

If you are interested in an answer to that question -- if you feel that you must know -- you are spiritual.

Anyone interested in such deep self-knowledge is spiritual.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 07-06-2014, 03:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
I guess people call themselves 'spiritual' to convey and express their set of beliefs, whether they are or not is besides the point. There is no yes you are or no you are not, it's what you feel.

More inclusive.... or to seek their set of beliefs. Kinda of think saying only to express their belief exclude us who look. Thinks the best we can say is most people have average beliefs not firm beliefs
Old 07-06-2014, 03:29 PM
pdhuri

Spirituality is enlightenment. A enlightenment comes when there is nothing of "I" or ego remains, you become thoughtless as a new born child, you are always connect you pure soul to supreme GOD, light, cosmos or universe. You are in peace, equanimity and love in any situation in life.