Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 26-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Lostgirl
Posts: n/a
 
I comepletely agree with you about older people passing, i just thought when someone said that when people die most dont want to come back it was an odd thing to say :)

Like you say lots of questions few answers
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 26-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Adrienne Adrienne is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: an alternate reality
Posts: 25,983
 
oh, as for being an odd thing to say .... yes, I will agree with you on that

blessings,
Dream Angel xx
__________________
♥ love always ♥

Expect Miracles !


Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 26-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Tricia Tricia is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Weymouth - Dorset -UK
Posts: 413
  Tricia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by paper100
Hi all

I would like to ask what may seem to be a rather simple question.

From some of the Near Death Experiences I have read, it seems that some people were well and truly dead for a few days, yet they returned to life. If they can return to life, and if it is true that spirit gives lifeless matter life, why cant we see many people coming back to life after they had died?

Because with ND the cord, what's know as the silver cord, is not broken. It's only when it is, that actual death/passing on has taken place :)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 26-11-2010, 03:37 PM
LightFilledHeart
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by paper100
Hi all

I would like to ask what may seem to be a rather simple question.

From some of the Near Death Experiences I have read, it seems that some people were well and truly dead for a few days, yet they returned to life. If they can return to life, and if it is true that spirit gives lifeless matter life, why cant we see many people coming back to life after they had died?

It's my understanding that we leave this life when we are done with what we came here to accomplish... not a moment before and not a moment after! If people experience NDE's and come back to life, it's because that experience (the NDE) was part of what they were supposed to experience in order to learn and grow, but because it was not yet their time to leave this world to take up residency in the spiritual realms until and unless they chose reincarnation and enter in again, they were returned to the earthly body they inhabited here until it IS their time to leave. The spirit animates the flesh, not visa/versa, so re-entry of the spirit into the body vehicle brings it back to life. I personally have never heard of anyone being clinically dead for days and coming back. My good friend Dannion Brinkley was pronounced dead for some 35 minutes before he was sent back and slam-dunked into his body again, but even that length of time is considered miraculous, because normally there will be brain damage when the brain goes without oxygen for that length of time. I know of no one who has ever come back to life from a body that had actually expired (remember there are some conditions that mimic death and which require a high state of medical expertise/technology to recognize!) and remained in that state of death for days. Where are you getting your facts on that? I assume this is documented.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 27-11-2010, 12:21 AM
ROM ROM is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 819
 
I remember reading somewhere on the internet about a guy who was 'dead' for 2 days and came back to life. Interesting -- but there must be a cut off point in which you can't return if the body reaches a certain stage of decay etc.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 27-11-2010, 12:35 AM
whispers
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia
Because with ND the cord, what's know as the silver cord, is not broken. It's only when it is, that actual death/passing on has taken place :)

This is new to me.....need to know more!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 27-11-2010, 11:26 AM
SandybytheSea
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirl
How do you know they havent wanted to come back?!

Because, as I said .... almost everyone (with VERY few exceptions) who have had a near death experience have NOT wanted to return.

An NDE means a NearDeathExperience. These are people who DO return. There have been hundreds of thousands of cases, and we know about them due to the meticulous research done by people like Raymond Moody, Elisabeth Kubler Ross and Dr. Melvyn Morse, among others.

Death is not the end of life, it is a return home. There is an expression that "when we are born the angels weep, and when we die the angels rejoice." We don't incarnate into physical for a vacation or for fun, but to work. Sure, we might have fun while we're here, just as you might have had fun at school sometimes, but your main objective when you went to school was to work. Most people wouldn't want to return to school once they left, and that's how we feel when we leave the physical - thank goodness that's over with and I can be free again without being weighed down by a physical body and all the traumas and worries of life in the physical realms.

I think the problem is that many people get the whole living/dying thing back to front. Believing that life is all there is, they feel sorry for those who die because they see it as the end of life. But we are not physical beings having a spiritual experience now and then .... we are SPIRITUAL beings having a PHYSICAL experience now and then.

To Whispers: the cord is the etheric equivalent of the umbilical cord we have attached when we're born, The silver cord attaches us to the earth. Most people can't see it (although some can!) but once that cord is severed, so is our life on earth. There aint no going back then!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 27-11-2010, 12:34 PM
glenos
Posts: n/a
 
Sandy.. that sums it up ;0)


G
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 27-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Tricia Tricia is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Weymouth - Dorset -UK
Posts: 413
  Tricia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandybytheSea
Because, as I said .... almost everyone (with VERY few exceptions) who have had a near death experience have NOT wanted to return.

An NDE means a NearDeathExperience. These are people who DO return. There have been hundreds of thousands of cases, and we know about them due to the meticulous research done by people like Raymond Moody, Elisabeth Kubler Ross and Dr. Melvyn Morse, among others.

Death is not the end of life, it is a return home. There is an expression that "when we are born the angels weep, and when we die the angels rejoice." We don't incarnate into physical for a vacation or for fun, but to work. Sure, we might have fun while we're here, just as you might have had fun at school sometimes, but your main objective when you went to school was to work. Most people wouldn't want to return to school once they left, and that's how we feel when we leave the physical - thank goodness that's over with and I can be free again without being weighed down by a physical body and all the traumas and worries of life in the physical realms.

I think the problem is that many people get the whole living/dying thing back to front. Believing that life is all there is, they feel sorry for those who die because they see it as the end of life. But we are not physical beings having a spiritual experience now and then .... we are SPIRITUAL beings having a PHYSICAL experience now and then.

To Whispers: the cord is the etheric equivalent of the umbilical cord we have attached when we're born, The silver cord attaches us to the earth. Most people can't see it (although some can!) but once that cord is severed, so is our life on earth. There aint no going back then!

Well explained Sandy
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 27-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Lostgirl
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandybytheSea
Because, as I said .... almost everyone (with VERY few exceptions) who have had a near death experience have NOT wanted to return.

An NDE means a NearDeathExperience. These are people who DO return. There have been hundreds of thousands of cases, and we know about them due to the meticulous research done by people like Raymond Moody, Elisabeth Kubler Ross and Dr. Melvyn Morse, among others.

Death is not the end of life, it is a return home. There is an expression that "when we are born the angels weep, and when we die the angels rejoice." We don't incarnate into physical for a vacation or for fun, but to work. Sure, we might have fun while we're here, just as you might have had fun at school sometimes, but your main objective when you went to school was to work. Most people wouldn't want to return to school once they left, and that's how we feel when we leave the physical - thank goodness that's over with and I can be free again without being weighed down by a physical body and all the traumas and worries of life in the physical realms.

I think the problem is that many people get the whole living/dying thing back to front. Believing that life is all there is, they feel sorry for those who die because they see it as the end of life. But we are not physical beings having a spiritual experience now and then .... we are SPIRITUAL beings having a PHYSICAL experience now and then.

To Whispers: the cord is the etheric equivalent of the umbilical cord we have attached when we're born, The silver cord attaches us to the earth. Most people can't see it (although some can!) but once that cord is severed, so is our life on earth. There aint no going back then!

Ahh i think i took what you said slightly too literally.

I feel sorry for those who die mainly because alot of the time death isnt a pleasant experience. I think many people would want a nice peaceful death when they fall asleep and they just dont wake up, however alot of the time its not like that.

I just cant understand why someone wouldnt want to come back - obviously if they had a bad physical life or they were ready to die i see why they wouldnt want too but otherwise i dont understand why people wouldnt want to. Ive met lots of people who have had a NDE and all have said how glad they are to be alive.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums