Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 19-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Pathfinder
Advice/help...?

Well first I would like to begin by saying I have had a few... I am not sure what to call them. Supernatural/paranormal experiences before. There seems to be some kind of demon or spirit lingering around me and my family, it seems to be particularly bad with my sister and nephews, currently. They live a state away and I have not seen them for a few months, but the last time I visited them I experienced whatever was there... Scratching and other noises in the middle of the night, sometimes what sounded like footsteps, misplaced things, moved furniture, flickering lights, etc, and an over all feeling of... "evilness" if you will, particularly in one of the bedrooms, which is the one I stayed in with my nephew. One of my sisters claims she felt something grab her leg in the middle of the night, but saw nothing there.

Before my visit with them I experienced something here, in my own house. First it was just nightmares and something shaking/banging on my bed, and my dog always seemed to notice something I didn't. Staring at corners of the wall, a look of "alertness" as if something was there, etc. Then one night I woke up around 3am, everything seemed fine except my dog. She looked very uneasy and uncomfortable. Then the next thing I knew, something was pushing her off. She dug her claws in to try to stay on, but it succeeded in pushing her off the bed, and then across the room completely away from me.

After that night, I cleansed my room and ordered whatever was there to leave. Nothing else happened after that, at least nothing big, but it seems to be around the time things started to flare up with my sisters and nephews a state away.

This was all some time ago. Now I am having nightmares. I am pretty bad at remembering dreams for more than a week or so, but I remember the last two I had, one of them from last night. It started off with me in my room, sleeping. I had my light on(I used to sleep with my light on every night, but finally a few months ago I started sleeping with it off again. But it was on in my dream), and I heard something telling me it was time to wake up. I remember the voice was not pleasant. I woke up instantly, and I could feel a presence in my room, completely consuming it. It felt evil, and I was scared beyond belief. I knew I needed to leave the room and get away from it, but I felt frozen in fear. I pushed myself out of my room anyways, it was hard and took everything I had. The presence seemed to follow me, but it was not as strong as it was in my room. I wanted to speak and command it to leave, but I couldn't gather up the strength to talk at first. Eventually I was able to speak though, but it was weak and my voice shook. I told it to leave several times, and I thought I could feel it getting angry the more I told it to leave, but at the same time it seemed amused by it, as if my words had no power over it and it knew it. Finally, I woke up. When I woke up, I saw that my dog also seemed to be having some kind of nightmare. I woke her up, and a few minutes later I thought I heard some strange noises in my room, but surprisingly I did not feel fear. In fact, when I woke up, I did not feel any fear at all, which is strange to me because normally I always feel fear after any nightmare, let alone a nightmare like that which I could still remember very vividly. But the fear did catch up after a while, and I ended up going back to sleep with my light on, and today I am pretty freaked out by the dream.

So... I don't know. I suppose I am asking for advice. Does it mean anything, or is it just a regular nightmare? Whatever demon/spirit I dealt with before seems very patient and persistent, and even though nothing very big has happened to me specifically since I cleansed my old room a while ago(it's not the room I am in now), there's still a lot of small things that happen every now and then, and kind of make me question if I am paranoid/crazy or if it actually is something. I feel like its presence is not completely gone, and I don't know how to make it leave for good. I feel as though it has the most control when I am fearful of it, and it is trying to incite fear in me again, which is slowly beginning to work with the nightmares.

Last edited by sealily : 19-04-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 20-04-2014, 07:48 AM
primrose

It's been many years since I dealt with a similar situation, it ended when I moved. I think the fact that you didn't feel fear when you awoke is a good sign.
Don't question your feelings, try telling it again to leave, and cleanse your place again, feel a protection around you, and try not to think about it, or fear it, if you can, ignore it. There must be help for you regarding nightmares, from what I've read you shouldn't take them literally.
Old 21-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Pathfinder
Thank you, I will try cleansing my room again. I'm hoping to get some sage soon and cleanse it that way. I usually do just ignore it, especially all the small little things that are rather questionable. Those seem to happen quite often, though I don't really remember most of them anymore since I tried not to pay much attention to them or put much thought into them.

The other night though something strange did happen. It was late, around 11 or 12, and I was helping my mom watch my niece while we waited for her mother to get back. Our front door was locked and shut, but when I left my room for the second of third time to go and check on my mom & niece, the door was wide open. I thought my sister had just come home, but it turns out she hadn't. We closed and locked it again, and we still have no idea how it came open. But it brought up a conversation between my mom and I, and she told me how she had seen a hooded figure last week. She said it was dressed completely in black, and you could not see its face, and that it began walking as if it was going to our front door. She said the way it moved wasn't natural or human-like, that it just kind of floated/glided forward almost. She told me she wasn't scared though(she pretty much never is scared of these types of things) and that she went to our front door and opened it to tell whatever the thing was to leave, but it had disappeared.

I would have liked to see it myself, but at the same time I am rather glad I didn't, I'm sure I wouldn't have slept for the whole night and I'd probably be 10x as paranoid and scared the rest of the week lol.

To be honest, whatever this is, I don't think it is going to leave for good so easily. For as long as I can remember it seems to have always been around. I suppose it is hard to explain...but I can "feel" it at certain times. Not all the time. But there will be times when I can definitely sense that something is there, and I have felt it many times even when I was very young. Sometimes I am quite scared of it, but other times I don't fear it because it has never really done anything harmful to me and I don't think it has the power to. But whatever it is, I know it is definitely not something good.
Old 21-04-2014, 10:08 PM
primrose

I don't think you have anything to fear, some spirits don't even realize that they are dead. It's a good idea to cleanse now and again anyway.