Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 19-11-2010, 11:22 PM
stormdancer

Being A 'Witch'

I have been sat here tonight thinking what can I talk about, It comes to the point where I have so many different thoughts.... So many different feelings, interpretations of things that it becomes very hard for me to explain how i feel a lot of the time. Sometimes the level of thinking that I do would honestly drive most crazy!! lol I'm surprised I am not crazy myself .

There are a lot of you that come to me with questions asking me about how you want to start Wicca, or that you feel lost, or spiritually lost and you want to know what to do, where to start, what book to read etc...

Ok what I have to say about that is number 1 ask yourself why do you want to practise wicca? Why? What appeals to you? Is it the spell craft? Is it the Rede? Is it the stream line stereotype that seems to go behind it? Do you like the feeling it gives to you...and much more....Do you like the satisfaction it fills you with?,,, what does it do for you? Why do you want to practise it?...That’s the number 1 thing you need to figure out first. Everyone practises different religions for different reasons, and Wicca is such a broad based religion...It's huge...It's continually getting bigger...and i find myself personally where there are bits and pieces of Wicca that I take and use as far as the foundations of it, the rede , the values, the Gods and Goddess, the elements, the wheel of the year...and in all those aspects yes I take every bit of those in....But those of you who are freaking out about not having tools , herbs etc remember you don't have to have tools to be spiritual...remember you really don't its all in your heart and your head....you just have to listen to yourself and connect with it...so many people are looking for guidance but you are going to keep being disconnected if you are unbalanced to yourself. You have to know exactly what you are looking for and what you want to accomplish in order to achieve it....Otherwise you are going to be told the wrong direction ..If you ask too many you will end up spinning in circles not knowing what way you are going at all. Make sure you know exactly what you are looking for when you are wanting to learn about your spirituality.

Spirituality is a lot different to religion, religion is a practise ...spirituality is a way of life.... a type of existence ...It's something that you feel and experience...It's not something you can read and be told what to do

Peace and love

Storm xxx
Old 03-12-2010, 11:56 PM
wishescometrue

Thank you for this Storm, I enjoyed reading and digesting the information...
Old 02-01-2012, 05:46 AM
Occultist

Witchcraft in essence is learning the ways of old. It is taught and practised I cast a circle every night and I cast spells on a daily bases I am not a Wiccan I am a Witch.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:40 AM
ravenlord

thank you storm
Old 06-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Quintessence

I think it's worth adding that to all of the questions posed, it is very worthwhile to ask the counter. Why do you want to practice Wicca? It is also important to ask what reasons there might be to NOT practice it (or any other path, really). It will force you to think about aspects of a path that make you uncomfortable or that you disagree with. I'd hazard to say there will always be something, and knowing what disagrees with you is a significant learning experience.

I also disagree with the religion/spirituality distinction here, but that's a minor point. The two words are notoriously difficult to define. Spirituality. Religion. Potayto, potahto.