Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 19-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Ascender
crab/cancer

what does it mean to eat a living crab in a dream?

i don't remember much of this dream only that my husband in the dream brought home 2 crabs or cancers and put them on the table for dinner. i refused touching them and he just took one and started breaking it and eating them still alive..

any ideas?
thanks

G
Old 19-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Master
How do you feel about crabs in real life? Do you eat them a lot? Obvious question perhaps but sometimes we miss the obvious.

I think crabs can indicate strength because of their hard shells and ability to withstand difficult external conditions, but the fact your husband is eating them may suggest a hard exterior is breaking down. Maybe this symbolises your relationship - is hubby seeing the real you perhaps? Or is he damaging aspects of your marriage somehow? Do you feel 'split'? I don't want to assume anything, just throwing ideas out there so you can think on them. Maybe its about your hubby's persona - does he break things apart in his life? Is he worried about something? Just ideas.

My Spiritual Journey: http://starrystez.com
Old 19-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Ascender
thank you starbuck for your ideas.
i don't like crabs and i don't eat them.

is there something breaking in our relationship, i don't know.. i don't think so, but i do see your line of thinking, so i will take that and look into it.
maybe it can be something he has to do and deal with and break the shell that around it. what i think maybe in your line of thinking would be something like this: as my husband eats the crab. he need to face in life few things that are hard for him to face and do, but i believe that when he will face them and do what he has to do he will enjoy the results of this hardship. so if he breaks the hard shell of the crab he will enjoy its meat, and this in a way will put food on our table... does that makes any sense???

G
Old 19-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Pathfinder

Hi Green,

some of my thoughts:

At first i think this dream is not (so much) about your husband but about you. All other people and even things in once dream most of the time represent something about the dreamer himself/herself.

A question: do you have cancer as your (astrological) sunsign perhaps?

You could even try to write something down, starting with: I am a crab/cancer...i... (if, for example, i dreamed about a crab i could write: I am a crab...i have scissors to cut the ties i have felt with....i have a hard shell because i am afraid people could hurt me...etcetera).

Your husband in the dream could symbolize your inner male, your own rational side.

You even could think about: Do you have the feeling of being 'eaten alive'? Is something eating you alive?

Food can be spiritual, mental etc. nourishment, so you could also look up the traits of a crab and see if there's something you yourself are in need of.

Love,
Irisa