Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 01:38 PM
chi chi

question for you all

up until the age of 16 i saw n heard spirit why can i only get their thoughts now when i could see and hear i lost this when my life started to change n grew up never got anyfin then only the odd feeling that i ad to go to sumone close cos they was poorly that was the only thing i did pick up on and was never wrong can anyone understand why this has happened would love to get back to seeing and hearing so much easier than their thoughts
love chi xxxxxx
Old 04-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi chi
up until the age of 16 i saw n heard spirit why can i only get their thoughts now when i could see and hear i lost this when my life started to change n grew up never got anyfin then only the odd feeling that i ad to go to sumone close cos they was poorly that was the only thing i did pick up on and was never wrong can anyone understand why this has happened would love to get back to seeing and hearing so much easier than their thoughts
love chi xxxxxx

Hi chi...

This is because, in life, we generate energies that add to our soul as well as take away from it?
And as I grew up, I saw and took on a lot of negativity as a child.
So this is what I'm shifting, in order to ascend, in order to again be able to do the things I used to be able to do, or see?

Your body, I assume, is only allowing you to connect with energies in certain ways, because some of your senses are still blocked with the negative residue of past experience?

The amount I had stored in my being is taking alot of time to shift, and some of it is hard to shift, taking alot of thought and mental / emotional release, but fortunately, there are also some pretty nifty ways to speed this process up!

Love and light....
Old 04-08-2006, 04:46 PM
kundalini

Hi chi, chi,

Apparently, I too could see and hear spirit as a child but as I grew up I would have shut off those senses as soon as I would have realised that this wasn't socially acceptable and so that is what I must have done. You say you had this ability until you were 16, that must be a very powerful ability as in my opinion, it normally gets cut off a long time before that.

I also agree with Ascended Master. There is so much negativity a person can pick up on as they grow from a child into a teenager which include negative thought patterns, negative behaviour, negative habits especially as it's also around about this time that they shut off any former beliefs they may have had and it would also be around about this time that drink and drugs are introduced into their life and when people go down the road of daily drinking and drug-taking, there's a long way to get back on the path.

Naturally, drinking and drug-taking mess up the Chakra system, blocking some energy here, allowing too much energy to flow there and so things like that can only add to a person's problems.

I also agree that there are many ways to reconnect with spirit such as through meditation and positive visualisation techniques.

Maybe chi chi, now you are showing willing once again to see and hear spirit, then maybe that is a direction you are going in now. You should probably look at any areas of your life where there seems things could be better if you a certain something, then have the discipline to go through with it. I know it's hard so I guess all we have to do is flip that and know it's easy, lol.

Last edited by kundalini : 04-08-2006 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Tiy

Hey Chi Chi

Personally I think that most if not all children can contact and talk to spirit when they are young. It's not until they grow older and are conditioned against this sort of thing that they loose the ability. Or rather the abitlity is supressed. I mean until recently speaking to dead people was frowned upon so we were (or most of us) were taught that is was wrong or couldn't possibly be true. Who is to say that children's imaginary friends aren't actually imaginary but the childs guides or other spirits? It's just conditioning that tells us they are imaginary.

Yesterday my niece was showing my pictures of fairies in a book she has (she is only 4) and she would pick out certain pictures and tell me that she talks to this fairy and that fairy....now years ago she would have been told not to be silly fairies aren't real so you can't talk to them...I just told her that was great and I would love to be able to talk to fairies like she can. Who is to say that she isn't talking to fairies?

Thankfully my sister doesn't tell her kinds not to be silly when they say things like this....she doesn't try to supress anything but is very interested to hear what her kids have to say when they come out with strange things like that. I think more parents are like this now and hopefully this will cut back on people like us who have to relearn all the gifts we lost as we grew up.

Of course there are probably many more factors involved in why some of us lose or forget what we can do but I think upbringing as a lot to do with it....I'm just glad things seem to be changing now.

Hugs x
Old 05-08-2006, 05:30 PM
pepperi

hey all

The only thing I'm picking up is as you grow and develop your mind changes. Your brain is more receptive towards seeing things more at a young age because its pure. As you get older your mind becomes tainted by outside forces but it doesn't mean you still do not have your sight. Sometimes your spirit guides feel you do not need to see because you know and feel they are present. I can only see when I need to or have to, but I always hear when they speak and I always listen. Just my thoughts be blessed
Old 05-08-2006, 05:43 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperi
The only thing I'm picking up is as you grow and develop your mind changes. Your brain is more receptive towards seeing things more at a young age because its pure. As you get older your mind becomes tainted by outside forces but it doesn't mean you still do not have your sight. Sometimes your spirit guides feel you do not need to see because you know and feel they are present. I can only see when I need to or have to, but I always hear when they speak and I always listen. Just my thoughts be blessed

Yes, pepperi, that sounds about right. As you grow older, I feel that your mind receives more an impression and an intuition rather than actually audibly or visually seeing spirits. I think that is what you are saying too pepperi.

Personally, I think it will be possible for a person to see spirits and hear them but at the moment I feel that it would perhaps only be for those who have a higher purpose, for those who would like to pass messages on, such as mediums. That seems about right, I think.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:23 AM
Glorymist

People - - if you remember your biology - - there is the "soft spot" at the top of the head - - pretty much open at birth. The crown chakra. The infant spends a great deal of its time asleep - - back in the Inner Worlds - - during infancy - - and the openness of this soft spot makes that very easy. As it closes - - around two years of age - - Soul becomes "trapped" once again. It doesn't like that. Hence - - one causative factor of the "terrible two's."

By six years of age we are well doctrinated into society. We are trained to focus on aspects of Self that are NOT spiritual. Thru peer pressure and otherwise - - we begin to close down the "abilities" or "tendencies" we brought with us. Without a doubt - - we can train ourselves to keep them open - - if we are so fortunate to be born into a family that will remind us to do so.

The school years simply immerse us into society. We turn more outward and less inward. We lose our talents even more.

Yes - - there are those that maintain these talents - - and others that re-discover them - - and others still that develop them anew.

The world trains us to NOT be spiritual. It was not too many decades ago when women especially would have to spend long hours doing very menial and mentally-dead tasks - - and they often used that time to keep their intuition open. They turned themselves "loose" - - so to speak - - and could keep that facet somewhat developed. Now - - activities are launched at us from every direction. Male and female - - young and old. Our attention is always outward. We lose the inner abilities.

The explanation for all of this can get more complex. This is obviously a very generalized offering.

And still - - these facets can be developed again - - if we take the time and put in the right kind and amount of effort. Spiritual discipline.

Even this - - spiritual discipline ! ! How many actually develop and nurture a deep spiritual discipline ?? At best - - the majority simply strive for mental direction via will power. That is NOT - - spiritual discipline.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:38 AM
kundalini

Very interesting subject, Glorymist. I must admit I had not heard that the Crown Chakra is open at birth although now you have said it, it does make sense and yes, when we are younger, we are far more 'psychically aware'.

I totally agree with all the points you have made, they make logical sense and many of them I have already realised for myself.

Mental direction via will power...hmmm, I thnk I know what you mean although I think a more understandable way of putting across would be ego direction via will power ( which wouldn't necessarily be spiritual discipline ). Do you agree, Glorymist?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Glorymist

Good grief - - I thought everyone knew about that little "soft spot" on a babies head.

As far as mental direction / will power is concerned - - the vast, vast majority of people approach life via thinking twoards something or thinking away from something via intense focus - - will power. They "will" things / thoughts / beliefs / habits. Mental concentration. Using thought to form or break habits, etc. That sort of thing.

Ego is a facet of the mind. All of mind is NOT ego. Basic ego is a survival mechanism. An "I will survive" thype of thing. The overblown or intensified ego gets all caught up in preferences, opinions, choices, etc. Demands of all kinds. A soft, basic ego is nice to have. It was necessary to have a LONG time ago or the proverbial caveman wouldn't care if the saber toothed tiger was going to choose him as his next meal. It nudged the caveman to at least try to continue his / her physical existence.

From there - - society has let the individual to fatten up their ego as a means to promote products / groups / religions / businesses / governments / countries / etc. You name it - - there is a facet of ego that can be taught to promote it.

Sad to see that so many current metaphysical teachings are trying to promote the idea that ego is the entire concept of self - - mental or otherwise. That the "I-ness" is the ego. The ability to identify self as self. Then they take it all farther and try to stomp this concept into the ground. Ego has been given a bum rap. But - - if one can stand back from the goings-on these days and see the trends that various forces / teachings are trying to promote - - you can understand perfectly why there is a move - - along with a LOT of others - - to get the individual to wish to stomp "self" into the ground - - to give it up - - to work against the concept of self - - ANY concept of self / individuality - - etc.

It's a "nice" move by the various forces that govern such things. It will lead the individual on a LONG detour on the Path. For many lifetimes.

Many.

But - - no one wishes to listen. So - - on we go.

:->
Old 06-08-2006, 05:28 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorymist
Good grief - - I thought everyone knew about that little "soft spot" on a babies head.

Yes I do know about the soft spot on a babie's head called 'The Crown'! What I hadn't worked out was that the Crown CHAKRA was open at birth and remained open for some time.

Right, now what I believed you were saying originally was mental direction via will power. So, by this I mean to take it that you mean a person growing up in a certain society, say a democratically-governed society such as our's, and say that person had say, 'freeform' spiritual leanings which could be called his SPIRITUAL DISCIPLINE. So, what you are saying strictly speaking is that that person is only performing 'spiritual discipline' due to his or her EGO and that therefore the only benefit gained is more EGOTISM?

I have to disagree with that! For that to be true, then what you are saying is that every HUMAN BEING is simply scrambling for the old ways of POWER over their fellow human beings. Rather it is saying that most people are completely LOST whereas IMO more and more people are waking up to the REAL REALITY of OUR EXISTENCE.

Also, that would mean that when people are seeing and hearing SPIRITS or other mysterious ENTITIES then all they seeing is the HALLUCINOGENIC PRODUCE of a SELF-ABSORBED EGOTISTICAL mind. I feel that this simply isn't true for most people.

How about Life Direction via Spiritual Power? This would seem to be a lot more logical and appropriate. How about a person accepting their FEELINGS, EMOTIONS and whilst peacefully challenging their BELIEFS, also performing their SPIRITUAL DISCIPLINE? That is a way of striving for SPIRITUAL DISCIPLINE because of the NURTURING not INDULGING aspect. Do you understand what I am saying here Glorymist?

By the way, I'm not insulting your views!
Closed Thread