Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-12-2013, 08:04 PM

What do you get with third eye?

Everyone seems to talk about opening of the third eye, but I don't really see what do you get with opening of the third eye.
Does anybody know or have any experiences with this?
Old 22-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Shade

It's the Chakra located on the brow between the eyes. I do believe it promotes higher spiritual sight, but someone correct me if I'm wrong please.
Old 22-12-2013, 08:35 PM

What does that mean? You have better intuition? You see things that are on higher planes?
Old 22-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Shade

I use mine to sense the ether around me. I use sweepers (a form of psychic tendril) to make sure I wont bump into anyone or check for danger.
Old 22-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Master
Axlus-- You literally "see" things internally that you don't with physical eyes.

Everyone is different as to what they see, but when you do you can tell when it's open. There is no value in forcing the third eye to open--it does (even if you don't know it) and will when it's time. It's no big deal--just a phenomena, although it represents when you're open to other things.

Lora
Old 22-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Spirit Wanderer

I can only speak for me and my experience. Me trying to tell you what you see or what you're suppose to see just wouldn't be accurate ... we're all unique and sense things differently.

I can only describe the way I see with my third eye open.

Close your eyes ... however you use your imagination is fine. I'm not very good at visualizing with my imagination, some can imagine details I can't, say like detailed facial features or vivid colors ... some people can imagine words like text in their minds eye but I don't have that much skill or control. I see forms, like a silhouette - an outline and some facial features but it's more a sensing for me - I just know somehow what I'm looking at instead of relying on my eyes if that makes sense. It normally catches my attention with a movement of some sort. Like I said ... it's very similar to your imagination but it takes on a life of it's own. The first several times I observed spirit with my third eye I literally thought, "Oh that's just nonsense. That's only my vivid imagination!" I second guessed myself but that's what our mind does is try and rationalize things it can't quite explain. You have to push past that initial "I feel silly doing this" emotion, because for me it was overwhelming until I got confirmation. No matter what anyone tells you or describes to you ... you won't truly believe until you confirm it for yourself. That's just the way it works. Learning through experience is what works the best. You'll feel like you're just wasting your time using your imagination. Be careful because you can also fool yourself into thinking there's something there that really isn't. Just sit and observe ... don't try to control.

When I think there's something in the room with me I'll close my eyes and see a kind of copy in my mind of the area I'm in whether it's my bedroom, backyard, at work ... whatever but I create a small orb like ball and fly it around the room from corner to corner - sometimes this works but not always but I'll see something fly across the room in my mind while I'm using my imagination and it tries to avoid my orb and that for me will catch my eye. Normally it's my higher self protecting and watching over me

It will start to move by itself without any sort of effort on your part. At first it excited me and like I said, I second guessed myself a few times but the more it happened and the more I learned and started to communicate in other forms it confirmed that I was actually interacting with spirit this way.

For me ... I started to see and sense spirit when my third eye opened ... I started to hear them communicating clearer in my mind and I think my intuition increased but that might be in part the crown chakra, I'm not entirely sure there. It'll also be easier to receive messages from spirit ... an image or like a clip of a movie will pop into your head and you'll think, "OK, that was random." but it'll take the form of what seems to you like your imagination.

As I said ... images take on a life of their own in your mind so to speak. I've had pleasant experiences and some, not so pleasant experiences. It all depends on which spirit(s) is around me at the time. If it's your guide or higher self, normally it'll be pleasant or it'll have some type of meaning to it.

Anyways, that's how I use my third eye.

I hope this helps you.

God Bless!
Old 23-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Ascender

The third eye, I think, is oversimplified to the point that it's overrated.

It is important to develop all of your spiritual "organs" so to speak, and not only one. If you only develop your third eye, but your second stomach remains blocked for example, then not much is going to happen and you might even fall ill.

When all these organs are properly developed and balance, then they can add another dimension to your experience, but it's not as simple as "third eye open = seeing ghosts and the future and psychic superpowers" no, it isn't like that.

It's like asking what having ordinary eyes does. We might be visually-dependent, sure, but there's stuff that ears add to your experience that eyes don't, or opposable thumbs add to your experience that eyes don't, and eyeballs have nothing to do with the pancreas (also an important organ).
Old 23-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Wanderer
Close your eyes ... however you use your imagination is fine. I'm not very good at visualizing with my imagination, some can imagine details I can't, say like detailed facial features or vivid colors ... some people can imagine words like text in their minds eye but I don't have that much skill or control. I see forms, like a silhouette - an outline and some facial features but it's more a sensing for me - I just know somehow what I'm looking at instead of relying on my eyes if that makes sense. It normally catches my attention with a movement of some sort. Like I said ... it's very similar to your imagination but it takes on a life of it's own. The first several times I observed spirit with my third eye I literally thought, "Oh that's just nonsense. That's only my vivid imagination!" I second guessed myself but that's what our mind does is try and rationalize things it can't quite explain. You have to push past that initial "I feel silly doing this" emotion, because for me it was overwhelming until I got confirmation. No matter what anyone tells you or describes to you ... you won't truly believe until you confirm it for yourself. That's just the way it works. Learning through experience is what works the best. You'll feel like you're just wasting your time using your imagination. Be careful because you can also fool yourself into thinking there's something there that really isn't. Just sit and observe ... don't try to control.

Spirit Wanderer--

This is pretty interesting to me because I remember reading a book that said that most people have a "dominant" sense. I do "see" colors and letters and facial features. This book says those kind of people will say, "Oh, I see what you mean. " or "Can't you see where I'm coming from?"

Other people may rely on an intuitive knowing that comes from--the center of them. They don't rely on "proof"--they don't have to see things for them to be real. They just Know. These people say "That house just didn't feel good to me." or "I feel we should go on and not stay here."

Your comments just brought that to mind. This book was saying that sometimes we have trouble communicating with others with a different "default" sense. I have experienced that, but since I read that book, I always think of this.

Just a comment off the main topic! sorry!

Lora